Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

National Plug Day?

dang3rtown

Is every course in the world plugging their greens today!?!?  :lol:  I gave my folks a hand at their place today and then went to play 9 at the country club the belong to... access denied. The whole course was closed for maintenance, plugging the greens, redoing the bunkers. I pack up and head to my home course... denied again! Aerated all the greens and they were even painting, I couldn't even go inside the club house. Finally, head out to my next closest course, you know the story... ARGHHHH!!!

Oh well, they'll be rolling great in a month!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Our muni course uses a micro-plugger.  Basically, it puts very thin razor cuts in the greens, and they roll fine in a day or two.  The machine costs $40K and is shared with another muni course run by the same management firm.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Our club will be doing the soon I imagine. We have 2 clubs that we have access to, so they do 1 course one week, and the other course 2 weeks later so that people can go to the other course for a couple weeks while they heal a bit.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

They do our fairways and greens in the fall. Seems like it takes forever for the greens to recover.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

If most of the courses in your area are performing aeration at basically the same time it should indicate that it is the proper time to do that work in your area.  I'm a former GC Superintendent and avid golfer.....so I understand both sides of this coin!

As a Superintendent I dealt with those complains all the time.  One particularly complainer was very loud and constantly bitching about it.  We had a terrible winter in '02 and a number of greens were damaged.  However, you could see healthy bent grass plants in the aerification holes.  I took this gentleman to one of the greens, showed him the health grass, and said "this is why we aerate!

Believe me, no Superintendent likes to do this work.  It is disruptive, time consuming, and labor intensive.....but the long term health of the greens depend on it.

Here's an interesting article from the USGA Green Section:  http://www.usga.org/course-care/forethegolfer/why-do-golf-courses-aerate-so-much-.html

Jim, the retired GC Superintendent

Jim the retired Golf Course Superintendent

Our muni course uses a micro-plugger. Basically, it puts very thin razor cuts in the greens, and they roll fine in a day or two. The machine costs $40K and is shared with another muni course run by the same management firm.

Bayou has the same thing. I hardly even noticed that the greens were plugged when they were two weeks ago and you'd never know it now. Our greens are smooth as glass.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

If most of the courses in your area are performing aeration at basically the same time it should indicate that it is the proper time to do that work in your area. I'm a former GC Superintendent and avid golfer.....so I understand both sides of this coin!

As a Superintendent I dealt with those complains all the time. One particularly complainer was very loud and constantly bitching about it. We had a terrible winter in '02 and a number of greens were damaged. However, you could see healthy bent grass plants in the aerification holes. I took this gentleman to one of the greens, showed him the health grass, and said "this is why we aerate!

Believe me, no Superintendent likes to do this work. It is disruptive, time consuming, and labor intensive.....but the long term health of the greens depend on it.

Here's an interesting article from the USGA Green Section: http://www.usga.org/course-care/forethegolfer/why-do-golf-courses-aerate-so-much-.html

Jim, the retired GC Superintendent

You just have to do it so thanks for taking care of our courses for us. One of the Members at my last Church was a super at Blackwolf run. You guys work hard and know your stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived