MattF

Weight Loss Thread

Makes sense about the swallow less. ;) This is going to be a fun kick off for 2018 and hopefully we will have a bunch of healthy spies playing better golf. At the least having more fun doing it.

Should be interesting, me and my chubby butt are in

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

I'm glad it's starting as of the first that way I can finish the Christmas cookies and splurge New Year's Eve.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8

I'm glad it's starting as of the first that way I can finish the Christmas cookies and splurge New Year's Eve.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

My thoughts exactly

We were sent some specialty cookies from West Hartford CT and I'm finishing them

• Like 1

My thoughts exactly

We were sent some specialty cookies from West Hartford CT and I'm finishing them

Make sure you do it by the first!!

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm in too. At around 210 and would like to start by getting to 195.

I haven't seen anyone mention getting to a gym or some form of exercise. Dieting is only one portion of weight loss. Fortunately for my lazy ass, there's a gym down the street.

I'll also second another comment. Drop or significantly reduce the booze and non-diet pop.

Looking forward to this! How about a sponsor for biggest loser prize? Golf in Hawaii?

• Like 6

I'm in too. At around 210 and would like to start by getting to 195.

I haven't seen anyone mention getting to a gym or some form of exercise. Dieting is only one portion of weight loss. Fortunately for my lazy ass, there's a gym down the street.

I'll also second another comment. Drop or significantly reduce the booze and non-diet pop.

Looking forward to this! How about a sponsor for biggest loser prize? Golf in Hawaii?

Balanced diet and regular exercise goes a long, long way. Hit the gym, but just like your diet, figure out what works best for you personally and change up your routine from time to time. Strength training goes a long way in weight loss as well. Don't think that spending 40 minutes on a treadmill is going to melt away the lbs. It doesn't have to be bench presses and squats all day, but doing some body weight exercises and kettle bells/free weights can go a long way. There's so much free info on social media to get you started. YouTube and Instagram are a gold mine if you search for the PFS guys in Scottsdale or TPI trainers or guys like Kolby Wayne, Joey D etc. Heck, if you want to look like a freaking hoss on the course, search for the long drive guys' workouts. It's comical at times what they do to build core strength and club head speed. 

• Like 8

Make sure you do it by the first!!

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

They're not going to make the weekend

• Like 3

So should this go from Jan 1st to say around April-may? That's when the north should thaw out I'm guessing

Well, I'm in it for the long haul. Not only lose weight but maintain the loss, so I'll be checking in until the thread dies.

• Like 3

I do have a tip. Track what you eat, religiously (Sorry Rev).

I use myfitnesspal.com and you'd be amazed at how conscious you get about how much you are eating. Not what, but how much.

Want a beer or 3, log it...150 calories for each beer adds up. 

My exercise consists of walking. I walk about 5-6,000 steps a day in my office job and an additional 8-12,000 steps at Lowes. I work 2-5 nights a week there. There's also strength training with all the lifting we do unloading the truck...up to 130 lb safes or 2 guys with a vanity that weighs close to 300 lbs.

There will be ups and downs but don't get discouraged, that's what I hope this thread will do, help each other to do what we'd like to do regarding our weight.

• Like 7

Well, I'm in it for the long haul. Not only lose weight but maintain the loss, so I'll be checking in until the thread dies.

I just meant for the challenge part, I hope everyone here is in for the long haul but I know that I find it easier to have short-term goals that lead up to my long-term goals

• Like 6

I just meant for the challenge part, I hope everyone here is in for the long haul but I know that I find it easier to have short-term goals that lead up to my long-term goals

Since this is a golf forum let's make the mark at Master's week so our challenge will run from Jan 1st until April 5th?   Sound good to you all?

• Like 7

Since this is a golf forum let's make the mark at Master's week so our challenge will run from Jan 1st until April 5th? Sound good to you all?

K, fair enough.

• Like 3

Good suggestion, I am in. Would love to get down to 185.

• Like 5

Since this is a golf forum let's make the mark at Master's week so our challenge will run from Jan 1st until April 5th? Sound good to you all?

Sounds good to me

• Like 2

Sounds perfect for this forum, I'm in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

We have a ton of folks  ready to drop some pounds and start the new year right!  Ok folks clean out that fridge, eat up the ice cream and cake, down all them Christmas cookies and let's get ready to get the lard off the arse!

• Like 7

Well my doctor just told me I need to start taking medication for my thyroid so I'm hoping that may help me lose some weight once I start to get that under control.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Well my doctor just told me I need to start taking medication for my thyroid so I'm hoping that may help me lose some weight once I start to get that under control.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You got this partner!  Thyroid problems can definitely cause some weight issues. 

• Like 2