Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Balls on golf trip

BigtazzGolf

Hey guys,

I'm getting geared up for our leagues annual spring trip. This year we are going to Muscle Shoals to play the RTJ courses.

As I go thru my check list I get to balls.

Wrote down 3 dz as I expect to lose half or more. This got me thinking. Do I pack the good stuff or the AAA balls lol

I usually go grab a couple of new boxes at Dicks of whatever is on sale that isn't a complete rock.

What do yall take with ya on golf trips?

Tazz

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Whatever I'm playing at the time. I buy 4 dozen of my gamers every year and rarely need more. Once I have my gamer I rarely play anything else.

These past two years it's been the Pro VIx. I had a dozen and a half left over anyway and ordered the buy three get a dozen free in March so I have somewhere between five and six dozen right now.

Why does it matter if you're traveling? I'm less likely to loose balls on a course other than my club. We have water on 15 holes and OB on the other 3. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Same thing I normally play. I don't lose any more on trips than I do at home. I bet you don't either; it's probably a mental thing. The best way to not lose golf balls is to head out with only one or two in your pocket. Same concept as making big bets when you don't have any cash on you — it forces you to find some way to win.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I play the same balls everywhere. I especially don't want to deal with a different feel, or distances at a new course on the road. Nope. Gamers all day, every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I play the same balls everywhere. I especially don't want to deal with a different feel, or distances at a new course on the road. Nope. Gamers all day, every day.

Same for me. The only time I use a different ball is in the winter when the ground is hard and spin doesn't matter.

I'd play the golf balls you normally play. I see this happen all the time when guys play over water. They'll take out an old found or practice ball and then wonder why the shot didn't make it. It's like telling yourself I'm not going to make it so I'll take out a water ball.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Why play anything different?

Most of the time the beverage intake is plentiful and my accuracy usually is gone midway thru the 2nd round of a 4 round trip.

⛳️🏌️

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

Most of the time the beverage intake is plentiful and my accuracy usually is gone midway thru the 2nd round of a 4 round trip.

️️

Tazz

In that case, you may want to buy a jumbo bucket of range balls and bring those out to the course!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I use the same. Gamers everywhere.  If i'm playing a desert course I may opt for yellow just to see it better in the sand. Otherwise it's always the gamer, everywhere.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Amen!

Papa-Bear was Here. 

This thread reminded me of the Bartles and Jaymes commercial. In it they advised when at the golf course, don't buy 12 balls for $20 (for whatever the price was), but to buy the “Range” (pronounced Ran-ghee) balls, because they were only $3, had racing stripes, and came in a cool basket! Hahahahaha

For those that don't remember these commercials, it was a fantastic campaign. Here is one of their Super Bowl commericals.

https://youtu.be/PIrQFcnWWeM

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Like many folks have already said, I take the ball I'm playing at the time.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

This thread reminded me of the Bartles and Jaymes commercial. In it they advised when at the golf course, don't buy 12 balls for $20 (for whatever the price was), but to buy the “Range” (pronounced Ran-ghee) balls, because they were only $3, had racing stripes, and came in a cool basket! Hahahahaha

For those that don't remember these commercials, it was a fantastic campaign. Here is one of their Super Bowl commericals.

https://youtu.be/PIrQFcnWWeM

Man does this Commercial bring back memories. Pre-seminary days. I worked for a beer distributor and we carried the stuff.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I play whatever is in my bag so if my bag goes with me all the balls in my bag go with me. If I'm renting clubs then I take my Caddie-Pak with me and usually select the best balls in my bag. BTW-Whoever invented this thing was a genius. 

IMG_4346.JPG

IMG_4347.JPG

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

If you're concerned about the swing lube leading to more losses of your gamers, maybe grab some AAAAA used versions?

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

If you are going to be worried about losing good balls instead of enjoying your trip then bring whatever is on sale.  When I go on golf trips it is all about having fun not shooting a good score.  The trips are infrequent so it is better to have a good time and not get upset about the occasional bad shot or lost ball.  If loosing a good golf ball puts you in a bad mood then take that out of the equation.  

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

Sounds like I'm in the minority on this one @BigtazzGolf...  I was travelling across the country recently and checking my clubs on the plane so I didn't want to add extra weight with golf balls.

Found a good cheaper version of the balls I play on Amazon (I have PRIME) and had a dozen shipped to my buddies house.  They were 20 bucks for a dozen and I figured that would be plenty.

I'm not an "I-only-play-this-ball" kind of guy.  I play a certain type of ball but whether it's Callaway or Srixon or Bridgestone or .... they all make quality golf balls that I can use with a reasonable amount of success.

Enjoy the Shoals!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I typically play Titleist ProVs because they are what my buds at the local golf shop hand the wife when she goes there to purchase them for me.  When going on  a buddy trip to a course(s) for which I am not familiar or tees perhaps beyond my limitations, I will get a dozen Velocities for the trip.  Fact is, based on my game and my typical scores, I really can't tell the difference.  However, I don't tell that to the wife because I know my buds are just looking out for me and I don't want her questioning their judgments regarding other golf equipment and accessories. 

Sounds like I'm in the minority on this one @BigtazzGolf... I was travelling across the country recently and checking my clubs on the plane so I didn't want to add extra weight with golf balls.

Found a good cheaper version of the balls I play on Amazon (I have PRIME) and had a dozen shipped to my buddies house. They were 20 bucks for a dozen and I figured that would be plenty.

I'm not an "I-only-play-this-ball" kind of guy. I play a certain type of ball but whether it's Callaway or Srixon or Bridgestone or .... they all make quality golf balls that I can use with a reasonable amount of success.

Enjoy the Shoals!

Will do. I'm gonna play my usual Cut blue.

Looking for some payback on Fighting Joe this time.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

Hey Taz, are you going to play the course on the Tenn River at the base of Wilson Dam? I played it when I lived there 28 years ago.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Hey guys,

I'm getting geared up for our leagues annual spring trip. This year we are going to Muscle Shoals to play the RTJ courses.

As I go thru my check list I get to balls.

Wrote down 3 dz as I expect to lose half or more. This got me thinking. Do I pack the good stuff or the AAA balls lol

I usually go grab a couple of new boxes at Dicks of whatever is on sale that isn't a complete rock.

What do yall take with ya on golf trips?

Tazz

Have you played the Shoals courses before? If not, they can be tough. We played it in April a few years ago and anything off the fairway was a lost ball. The balls dive deep into that fescue (I think it was fescue). Fantastic courses though

My golf trips consist of

Music player

Sunflower seeds

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Hey Taz, are you going to play the course on the Tenn River at the base of Wilson Dam? I played it when I lived there 28 years ago.

Yup. Still tough. Probably tougher now that those trees are all grown up lol

Have you played the Shoals courses before? If not, they can be tough. We played it in April a few years ago and anything off the fairway was a lost ball. The balls dive deep into that fescue (I think it was fescue). Fantastic courses though

My golf trips consist of

Music player

Sunflower seeds

I have and love them. Fighting Joe took a chunk out of my score the last time I played it.

Fingers crossed the wind will be calm.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

Yup. Still tough. Probably tougher now that those trees are all grown up lol

I have and love them. Fighting Joe took a chunk out of my score the last time I played it.

Fingers crossed the wind will be calm.

Tazz

Where all on the trail have you played? Since both of us are TN boys we aren't far away. We went to Ross bridge and Oxmoor last year. Ross may be one of the most beautiful courses visually I've ever played. The Oxmoor courses were fun

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Not trying to sound cocky or anything but my last golf trip a look 2-sleeves plus a few beaters that reside in the bottom of my bag. But 3dz ?  :wacko:

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Not trying to sound cocky or anything but my last golf trip a look 2-sleeves plus a few beaters that reside in the bottom of my bag. But 3dz ? :wacko:

Putt putt was tough that day huh

I don't think I've ever lost more than 6 anywhere I've played. And I remember THAT day very well

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

Where all on the trail have you played? Since both of us are TN boys we aren't far away. We went to Ross bridge and Oxmoor last year. Ross may be one of the most beautiful courses visually I've ever played. The Oxmoor courses were fun

I've played the shoals and Huntsville courses.

Remember one was the river course. It was tough but I liked it better than the other course.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

Archived