Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

WGC Bridgestone

Shankster

Rory on 16.... Driver and 7 iron to go 667. I don't even know what to say anymore.

Ha, I'd have to tee up 3 times to get there.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this year I've watched less Pro golf than any previous year. I've been watching the one today at Firestone. ZZZzzzzzzzzzz. It's ridiculous really. I don't think I've seen anything other than driver - wedge. Who plays golf like that? Yeah... I know what you're thinking. "every tournament is like that Plaid." Probably so except the US Open and The Open.

Kind of like I feel about football. I'd rather watch college more than pro football. But college is losing its appeal more each year. IMO.

If the golf channel and other sports networks would carry more amature championships I'd much rather watch that any day. Just guys... and ladies playing for pride and medal.

I'm just getting tired of watching unrealistic golf as compared to 99% of the rest of us.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Man if you're room isn't a bit dirty after watching JT and his grandparents, then you're better than me. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Nice finish JT.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Rickie Fowler with the nifty little 73 to finish strong today. . I keep waiting for Rickie to show up in a big tournament. Still waiting. Well, maybe he is saving himself for the PGA.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I think this was probably one of the better pictures I got from yesterdayIMG_20180804_121211.jpeg

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Rickie Fowler with the nifty little 73 to finish strong today. . I keep waiting for Rickie to show up in a big tournament. Still waiting. Well, maybe he is saving himself for the PGA.

The Players Championship wasn't a big tournament? Dude knocked it stiff on 17 and hit bombs over the water on 18 in both regulation and in the playoff.

This JT character is growing on me. The man has serious game. I really think he was a misunderstood young man. Seems like a ruthless player, with class... I dig it.

Yeah, me too. He has serious game. My biggest issue was that he was a whinner. He seems to be maturing past those issues some.

Edit: The way he interacted with the kid he hit with his drive helped him in my eyes too.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Yeah, me too. He has serious game. My biggest issue was that he was a whinner. He seems to be maturing past those issues some.

Edit: The way he interacted with the kid he hit with his drive helped him in my eyes too.

I can't really blame him for getting the obnoxious jerks kicked out at what the Honda?

More players should do that. I can't stand those idiots that yell random dumb stuff.

I get it... your bored standing here watching golf all day, but for the rest of the people who enjoy it just head on back to your place and yell it in a mirror.

I can't really blame him for getting the obnoxious jerks kicked out at what the Honda?

More players should do that. I can't stand those idiots that yell random dumb stuff.

I get it... your bored standing here watching golf all day, but for the rest of the people who enjoy it just head on back to your place and yell it in a mirror.

I would have them kicked out too. Those people get on my nerves just watching. I couldn't imagine playing golf with someone yelling mashed patatoes after every shot I hit.

Anyway, I was more taking about slamming clubs, throwing clubs, and being mad at the green after he missed a putt.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I would have them kicked out too. Those people get on my nerves just watching. I couldn't imagine playing golf with someone yelling mashed patatoes after every shot I hit.

Anyway, I was more taking about slamming clubs, throwing clubs, and being mad at the green after he missed a putt.

He's an angel compared to John Rahm. I think he'll grow out of it.

Congrats to Justin. TW's hanging up a pair of 73's the final two rounds and Spieth's +5 a bit surprising.  I didn't get to watch much of the event but reading the thread suggests the MGS community is growing weary of seeing drivers and wedges getting worn out.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Congrats to Justin. TW's hanging up a pair of 73's the final two rounds and Spieth's +5 a bit surprising. I didn't get to watch much of the event but reading the thread suggests the MGS community is growing weary of seeing drivers and wedges getting worn out.

It's a lot of driver wedge... all year at every tournament. I bet they could get by with like 7 clubs in the bag.

As I was wandering around the course Saturday, I heard some young-ish guy say something stupid fairly loud in Tiger's direction - I honestly don't recall what was said. What floored me was the response of his stupid friends. They were all giggly and saying things like "man, that's awesome!" I just looked at them and said "no, it's not awesome." They just looked at me like the cranky middle-aged fart that I am.

I'm sad to know that my hometown is losing this event.  Akron always shows up and shows out for this, but the PGA is chasing the FedEx $.

I'm picking Justin Thomas. He hasn't made too much noise lately on leader boards, but this course is built for bombers.

And for once, I was right.  I need to go play the Powerball tonight to see if I can keep picking winners.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

As I was wandering around the course Saturday, I heard some young-ish guy say something stupid fairly loud in Tiger's direction - I honestly don't recall what was said. What floored me was the response of his stupid friends. They were all giggly and saying things like "man, that's awesome!" I just looked at them and said "no, it's not awesome." They just looked at me like the cranky middle-aged fart that I am.

Pretty damn sad. I'm not sure what I would have said to them. Where did manners and etiquette go?

So with the final event for the Firestone course complete.  What will we take away from this event?  most of the WGC events fail to live up to the hype, at least for me.  Other than the influx of revenue for the local economy. 

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

My somewhat skewed take-away is that the tour is chasing dollars for another TPC course (yeah, I know it's replacing the St Jude). Even though Firestone is clearly not a fan favorite (at least on here), it's more of a traditional course/tour stop that I am sad to see go.

Perhaps more importantly, it's about $1M* less going to charities in the area.

* Technically not true, we'll have to see what the impact of the Senior event is. I will absolutely say it is a net financial loss for the area.

Congrats to Justin. TW's hanging up a pair of 73's the final two rounds and Spieth's +5 a bit surprising. I didn't get to watch much of the event but reading the thread suggests the MGS community is growing weary of seeing drivers and wedges getting worn out.

I may be in the minority here. But Im not putting all the distance ills at the feet of the OEM's. I mean seeing trackman stats on just about every shot now only the elite few are seeing carries of 305 to 315 and I don't think there's any problem with that.

When you see the 420 yard drives on 18 and other holes. Most of that I due to 80 yards or more of roll. The setup has the fairways cut to the speed of a kitchen floor in most cases. Then add in the baking sun for 3 straight days. And you basically have a runway.

It's been said for years distance is killing the game. I don't buy it. What was the winning score this week -15 and most of that was accrued on Thursday when they were playing darts in the green.

I'd much rather see firm and fast than slow and soft. To me it's more exciting. But like I said I may be in the minority.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

A few pics...

Will add more laterattachicon.gif IMG_20180804_122410.jpeg

Jordan on 18

attachicon.gif IMG_20180804_151122.jpeg

My daughter gets a little "love" from JT

attachicon.gif IMG_20180804_113020.jpeg

DJ and Ormsby on 7 tee

attachicon.gif IMG_20180804_143608.jpeg

Rahm

Nice pics, but especially like the action one of Rahm-Bo .. you can really see some serious coil / loading / storing of potential energy..!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

The Players Championship wasn't a big tournament? Dude knocked it stiff on 17 and hit bombs over the water on 18 in both regulation and in the playoff.

I was referring to lately, as in the past few years.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I may be in the minority here. But Im not putting all the distance ills at the feet of the OEM's. I mean seeing trackman stats on just about every shot now only the elite few are seeing carries of 305 to 315 and I don't think there's any problem with that.

When you see the 420 yard drives on 18 and other holes. Most of that I due to 80 yards or more of roll. The setup has the fairways cut to the speed of a kitchen floor in most cases. Then add in the baking sun for 3 straight days. And you basically have a runway.

It's been said for years distance is killing the game. I don't buy it. What was the winning score this week -15 and most of that was accrued on Thursday when they were playing darts in the green.

I'd much rather see firm and fast than slow and soft. To me it's more exciting. But like I said I may be in the minority.

100% with you on firm and fast. Firestone did that pretty well for the most part. The conditions and conditioning were always top notch.

I'll be on the short list of ppl who will miss it. By my own criteria for a "good golf course" I should hate it. But I think there's something about Firestone that produces elite winners and that alone draws me to it.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

#powertousmiddleagedoldfarts :)

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Archived