Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review- Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 Wedge

Golfspy_CG2

On 8/15/2019 at 6:08 PM, hartrick11 said:

Glad to hear it! I have moved on to a nice pair of gently used Vokeys that I found for a song on eBay, and the lower flight they provide (I never figured out how to do it with the Bridgestones), along with the D grind on the 60 have been really helpful. I do definitely miss the feel of the Bridgestones though!

Glad you found something that works for you. There are still things I would certainly change about these wedges if I could, but I'm happy with what they have been able to do for my game in spite of their shortcomings. My on-course experiment with the swing changes didn't go quite as well as I had hoped. I think it was largely a combination of inconsistent ball striking and soft, wet conditions. I don't think it's much of a secret that these wedges perform their absolute best off firm soil and we just didn't have that this weekend with rain off and on most of the week (including the day of play). I'll keep working on it.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour