miketratnik

Recommend a lower spinning ball?

Our Sponsors

On 4/6/2020 at 2:47 PM, zrumble said:

Have you looked into the new Bridgestone lineup? Getting rave reviews on the forums, and I’m counting the days until I can give them a test against my usual Z Star gamers. I personally have a high ball flight and want the extra spin, so our needs are a bit different. But everyone is saying 1.5mph faster ball speed with the driver and 300rpms more on the wedges. 

Recently, and especially on these forums I've heard really good things about the Bridgestone line-up! I mentioned to my friend recently that the ascetics of a ball are important to me. Most companies have their logo with their full name and they stamp it on the ball which creates a line/direction that I use for my drives similar to lining up my putts. Bridgestone, understandably with their long name, doesn't do that and I think that is holding me back from using it. Other than that I think it's a great ball!

33 minutes ago, 5footslider107 said:

Recently, and especially on these forums I've heard really good things about the Bridgestone line-up! I mentioned to my friend recently that the ascetics of a ball are important to me. Most companies have their logo with their full name and they stamp it on the ball which creates a line/direction that I use for my drives similar to lining up my putts. Bridgestone, understandably with their long name, doesn't do that and I think that is holding me back from using it. Other than that I think it's a great ball!

Fair enough. Have you tried marking it with the alignment aids, or is it just the clean look of the name you’re after?

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 106mph

Driver: Ping i25, S-flex PWR 65 shaft
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3i: FOURTEEN FH-1000, DG X100
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

6 minutes ago, zrumble said:

Fair enough. Have you tried marking it with the alignment aids, or is it just the clean look of the name you’re after?

I usually save the alignment aids for putting. I try to keep it simple and clean with my ball so I generally don't mark up my ball at all. I am mostly looking at the clean look as I've noticed the Srixon balls are typically the whitest while TaylorMade or Titleist balls have an off-white color. All preferential obviously, but I do like lining up the logo when I drive.

• Like 1

Bridgestone Tour B RX and Titleist AVX are my two favorite lower spinning balls.  

I too have this issue with similar results, and I have found the Titleist AVX to be the most satisfying for me just in my own experimentation. I have tested the TP5X and just could not come to love it. Srixon Z-Star XV has been a good performer as well.

On 4/8/2020 at 5:29 PM, 5footslider107 said:

The length of the name isn’t why Bridgestone doesn’t put their name on the ball, they actually did it for years. They changed to the B for marketing. Iirc it was in 2016 with the change. They had done it for Tiger or someone and the consumers like it and they released it with B logo and have kept it.

You could easily line the back of the B off the tee in the same way you would the name of another brand

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1