Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

1 hour ago, Paul Hedrick said:

Perhaps I waited too long before my tee time to set it up, but it did not find my course until my second shot.  I will ask SS support if there is a way of shortening the time for the V3 to find the course I am on

I generally turn it on and hit the gps/track button as soon as I get to the course - there are times it comes right up other times I have to wait an extra minute of two as it acquires the gps 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

14 hours ago, Paul Hedrick said:

No, I never asked SS support about this.  I just know that every time I had an issue, the told me to log out of the app and log back in.  Today it seemed to work.  The only issue I had was that off the first tee, it seemed to take a very long time to find the course I was playing.  Perhaps I waited too long before my tee time to set it up, but it did not find my course until my second shot.  I will ask SS support if there is a way of shortening the time for the V3 to find the course I am on

My understanding is that if you haven't played that course for more than about 3 days or so, it'll take longer to find the course. No idea why that is.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

On 2/26/2023 at 9:46 AM, tony@CIC said:

Is that because it's not picking up putts? If so maybe you need a new putter sensor. 

Very rarely missing putts; just trying to get a more accurate location (by moving my watch hand around).

Prob makes *no* diff but (me just being me) let's just say you hole out from 21 feet but the watch doesn't mark that putt location until you've taken a step towards the hole and records the putt as <20 feet..?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

Very rarely missing putts; just trying to get a more accurate location (by moving my watch hand around).

Prob makes *no* diff but (me just being me) let's just say you hole out from 21 feet but the watch doesn't mark that putt location until you've taken a step towards the hole and records the putt as <20 feet..?

Capturing putting distances is a tough thing for a couple of reasons.   

• GPS accuracy - commercial GPS units aren’t accurate to the foot so even if you capture the location it could still be off by a few feet.
  • GPS takes time to adjust.  If you have a device that shows F/M/B locations you will notice that it takes about 5 to 10 seconds to adjust to your location and provide the correct distance.   When we get close to the hole or have made a putt, the GPS may not have completed the location mapping when we mark the hole or that 2 footer.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

49 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Capturing putting distances is a tough thing for a couple of reasons.   

• GPS accuracy - commercial GPS units aren’t accurate to the foot so even if you capture the location it could still be off by a few feet.
  • GPS takes time to adjust.  If you have a device that shows F/M/B locations you will notice that it takes about 5 to 10 seconds to adjust to your location and provide the correct distance.   When we get close to the hole or have made a putt, the GPS may not have completed the location mapping when we mark the hole or that 2 footer.

That's interesting, thx for that info! Does seem that a lot, tho not all, putts are a leeetttle off.

So I guess, to use a worn out phrase, it is what it is....

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

5 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

That's interesting, thx for that info! Does seem that a lot, tho not all, putts are a leeetttle off.

So I guess, to use a worn out phrase, it is what it is....

from Wikipedia

When selective availability was lifted in 2000, GPS had about a five-meter (16 ft) accuracy. GPS receivers that use the L5 band have much higher accuracy, pinpointing to within 30 centimeters (11.8 in), while high-end users (typically engineering and land surveying applications) are able to have accuracy on several of the bandwidth signals to within two centimeters, and even sub-millimeter accuracy for long-term measurements.  Consumer devices, like smartphones, can be as accurate as to within 4.9 m (or better with assistive services like Wi-Fi positioning also enabled). As of May 2021, 16 GPS satellites are broadcasting L5 signals, and the signals are considered pre-operational, scheduled to reach 24 satellites by approximately 2027.

the V3 supports the use of l5 satellites 

https://support.shotscope.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009933977-How-do-I-switch-the-settings-to-have-L1-and-L5-GPS-on-and-what-does-it-do-

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 3/1/2023 at 2:34 PM, cnosil said:

I just looked and On the screen where you sign off, there is a checkbox to share the round on the course hub and to include the round in the performance stats.  

You're correct - I never scrolled down past the "stroke Index" on the sign off page. I'm using a 2021 SE which has a smaller screen - I'll have to scroll down the other screens as well to see what I'm missing. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I'm using a 2021 SE which has a smaller screen

New fangled device;  mine is a 2016 SE

@Gavin_Shot_Scope did not confirm or deny new hardware coming at some stage.

(I'll take it that there's something new coming) When asked he said that he who sets the embargo will not break the embargo.

Stay tuned.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

On 3/2/2023 at 11:09 AM, cnosil said:

the V3 supports the use of l5 satellites

I actually do have that option selected, but .. there's no indicator of which particular GPS signal you're receiving.

Guess I'll continue waving my watch hand around like an idiot 🤪

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

4 hours ago, MattF said:

@Gavin_Shot_Scope did not confirm or deny new hardware coming at some stage.

(I'll take it that there's something new coming) When asked he said that he who sets the embargo will not break the embargo.

Stay tuned.

V3 on sale and out of stock in places, something new is coming. Oh plus I just bought V3 that guarantees something new and better is on the way!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 8:25 AM, MIgregb said:

I suspected Samsung's One UI 5 overlay as well, but you're the 1st person to pretty much confirm that. Not to thread highjack, but my last 3 phones were Pixels. I just wasn't thrilled with the Pixel 6 when I needed a phone last May. I have the S22+ and it's pretty darn nice, but I miss Pixel's phone features (particularly spam handling & VM), built-in calendar (although I use Google's calendar app & it seems to work as well as it did on the Pixel, unlike the phone app) and the amazing things they do with camera software. I should be ready for a new phone about the time the Pixel 9 comes out; hopefully it'll be a good one. Thanks!

Update: MattF, you've nailed it! My wife has a Pixel 5a running Android 13. I just installed the Shotscope app and it works fine. Thanks!

The Samsung March 2023 update for my S22+ just came through (now with One UI 5.1 overlay) and the same home screen display issue is still present on the app. I get that developing apps for Android is a bigger challenge than for iOS (there has to be a few advantages to locking down an OS), and Samsung makes it an even bigger challenge with it's One UI.  But it's not like Samsung is a minor player in the market with a handful of smartphones with which they have to contend. This display issue has persisted since November. Everything still seems to function, it's very annoying to have to drill down to see basic round info on the app. Rant finished... for now.

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

I must be waterlogged from playing in todays thunderstorm:- is the following issue an app problem in recording data or did my still wet fingers do something wrong?

If you notice the two screenshots below there's a difference between the clubs captured and the score at the top. It's only on these 2 holes today.

This one shows 5 shots which is correct but the score is 4

Screenshot2023-03-13at6_19_59PM.png.865766a9960b7a15144adc9b5fd06606.png

Same with the screenshot below = difference of 1. 

Screenshot2023-03-13at6_16_44PM.png.7429b98344e49ea975eca6843ff0891e.png

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

"I must be waterlogged from playing in todays thunderstorm...."

He posts to people still huddled inside, watching the snowflakes fly 🙄

Wow...that is odd. I know that if I step onto a green (or what SS has mapped as the green area), the watch is hesitant/slow to switch back to the club with which I'm pitching/chipping.

But for it to display 5 shots & record a 4, plus display 4 shots & record a 3???

Side note: I feel your pain having a 33 yd wedge getting halfway home 😉

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I must be waterlogged from playing in todays thunderstorm:- is the following issue an app problem in recording data or did my still wet fingers do something wrong?

If you notice the two screenshots below there's a difference between the clubs captured and the score at the top. It's only on these 2 holes today.

This one shows 5 shots which is correct but the score is 4

Screenshot2023-03-13at6_19_59PM.png.865766a9960b7a15144adc9b5fd06606.png

Same with the screenshot below = difference of 1. 

Screenshot2023-03-13at6_16_44PM.png.7429b98344e49ea975eca6843ff0891e.png

nice birdies @tony@CIC 🤭🤭

Titleist T300 (2022) 5-PW, W48, W53 plus Taylormade Full Face 56 SW 

Current  driver Titleist TSi3

Hybrids Titleist 818 19 H2 23 H2

Gamer Putter Nike Method Matters B1-07

Ball Titleist Tour Speed / Taylormade Tour Response

Bag is Titleist Linksmaster 

Pushcart is Kaddey

Rangefinder is Voice Caddie SL2

Shotscope club tags 

11 hours ago, CudaKota66 said:

Wow...that is odd. I know that if I step onto a green (or what SS has mapped as the green area), the watch is hesitant/slow to switch back to the club with which I'm pitching/chipping.

In either putting mode, Auto or Manual, there is no need to have the watch switch back to a yardage view when chipping with another club from off the green. The watch still senses the other club and records the shot properly, even with the Pin Collect screen showing; I've tested that on several occasions. 

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

32 minutes ago, PhilM75072 said:

In either putting mode, Auto or Manual, there is no need to have the watch switch back to a yardage view when chipping with another club from off the green. The watch still senses the other club and records the shot properly, even with the Pin Collect screen showing; I've tested that on several occasions. 

The only reason to switch back would be to see the yardages to front/middle/back.  

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

The only reason to switch back would be to see the yardages to front/middle/back.  

Agreed. For me personally, though, those short chips and pitches are more about feel for me than specific yardages.

7 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

Agreed. For me personally, though, those short chips and pitches are more about feel for me than specific yardages.

I wish I played enough to have that kind of feel @PhilM75072

I use a matrix (based off a clock face & wedge lofts) for all shots 125 yards & less, so I like glancing at the yardages on my wrist. And I have had to go on the dashboard & correct what SS V3 recorded as 'P' when I was chipping with a wedge. Minor inconvenience.

No, I do not read my putts from more than one side 🤣

I know....NERD!!

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

Gird your loins, a new device is launching in 3 days.

From what I was, it's another watch, but it's round. Couldn't see anything but a blacked out outline.

In the bag:

Bag: 

28 minutes ago, MattF said:

Gird your loins, a new device is launching in 3 days.

From what I was, it's another watch, but it's round. Couldn't see anything but a blacked out outline.

https://www.playbetter.com/products/shot-scope-x5-premium-golf-gps-watch?variant=41959968440485

5 hours ago, cnosil said:

@cnosil all over it....as usual 👍

@did you see that? gird my wallet, indeed!

So....I would want to upgrade why??? I have a watch I wear off the course - a round Samsung Gear 55 that does more than just display the time.

Why not offer an option to have a paid V3 app available for Apple & Samsung watches? Oh yeah....they can't sense what club I'm using.

First thought: a yawn for me 🥱 They do look nicer than the V3, but I'll stick to the square 'watch'. Appears to be the same rubber-ish band & clasp.

I am a proponent of SS, so what I have isn't going anywhere. The first incident I have with Arccos will get it relegated to the same closet where clubs go to die.

Showing the green and being able to move the pin location is a nice feature, but will still not be as accurate as using a rangefinder for distance to the pin. Having it be a nice looking watch when not playing is nice, but I quit wearing every day watches years ago. Counting steps is nice for those who wear fitness trackers, but I don't. A more colorful watch face is nice, but doesn't change the data shown. The only feature that would get me interested is if they somehow substantially increased GPS accuracy.

Don't get me wrong, I love my V3 and Shot Scope as a company, and my V3 isn't going anywhere. At this point, however, I'm not interested in this new watch at the price they will be offering it.

https://shotscope.com/us/products/golf-gps-watches/x5/

SS-X5-WAT-BLK_1.jpg

It's a pretty big upgrade but unless you want a semi smart watch, I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze.

There's no syncing it with your phone for calls or messages etc, I like that it's round and it's touchscreen but that's about it. I'll be keeping my V3 for the time being.

In the bag:

Bag: 

26 minutes ago, MattF said:

https://shotscope.com/us/products/golf-gps-watches/x5/

SS-X5-WAT-BLK_1.jpg

It's a pretty big upgrade but unless you want a semi smart watch, I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze.

There's no syncing it with your phone for calls or messages etc, I like that it's round and it's touchscreen but that's about it. I'll be keeping my V3 for the time being.

They are offering existing users a pretty hefty discount! I wasn't going to consider it at the full retail price, but with the discount, only available for the next 10 days, I have put it into the "seriously considering" column.

Blog post on the new X5 dropping this morning. It has some pretty interesting features, specifically AI-enhanced shot detection capabilities. It's important to remember it's a shot tracking device first and foremost that incorporates GPS into a watch. As a GPS watch, I"d say it's nowhere near as cool as the Garmin S62,, but if you want that thing to do shot tracking, you'd been to spend another $300 for the sensors to go along with the $500 just for the watch. 

As a company, Shot Scope is trying to hit as many price points as possible to get shot tracking or distance measuring into as many hands as possible. I think their lasers are very under-appreciated - and the new model coming in at $150 is going to be pretty sweet (it's technically being released today as well, but they don't want to give it any love until after the Masters - instead focusing on the X5). The LX rangefinder will also be getting an update in the coming year - think smaller with a magnet, but still with the H4 if you prefer to do your shot tracking that way. 

And not for nothing, I love the fact there are no subscription fees. The stats package is robust enough for my liking, and it doesn't overwhelm me with data. 

As a watch, I have an Apple watch that I maybe use to one-one thousandth of its capabilities - that's all on the user. It's convenient, but I mostly use it as a timepiece. I'll give this thing a go as a regular watch and see how it goes. Step tracking will be cool and Gavin tells me there will be continuous free firmware updates, so it wouldn't surprise me if a few more functions are added. Full hole mapping is already coming this summer. 

Any questions - hollah....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I'm seriously looking at the X5.  

I've not been satisfied using my Apple Watch for GPS as I can't find an app that I like.  ShotScope V3 > Garmin 955 > Apple Watch

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

So this just landed in my inbox from Shotscope and given the large discount it's on order 😆

hero_x5@2x.png

:tour-edge: C721 9.5 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX
:tour-edge: C721 15 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX
:tour-edge: C721 18 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX
:tour-edge:EXS220 22 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black
:tour-edge: EXS Pro Forged 5-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 58/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:mizuno-small: M-Craft VI with BGT Stability shaft and Super Stroke Zenergy XL Flatso 2.0 (25g CounterCore weight)
seed.png.34e6908c56b2f4a28f3511fa62a86f0d.png SD-01 ball 

MGS Galway Bay Rain Gear Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60769-galway-bay-rain-gear-2023-forum-review/

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

I was hesitating on upgrading to the X5, but with a huge discount for existing users, I could not resist! Order placed for the Prestige Black.