Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Appreciation for the LPGA

GolfSpy TCB

I think it is great that the LPGA tour is getting increasing exposure on the various networks with golf contracts.  I have found the LPGA events and players to be equally as compelling as many of the PGA tournaments and players.  As an added bonus, we don't have to hear about the Brooks/Bryson controversy with every tourney lead-in and every interview.  I have the Northern Trust on one screen, and the AIG Open at Carnoustie on another - and I can honestly say I find myself more focused on the Open than the Trust at times. 

I also applaud the networks for providing a higher level of coverage for the LPGA events recently, including quality commentators in some cases sharing time between the two tours.  They are highlighting that these players are amazing. 

Of course, it would be hard to match the history and majesty of a Masters at Augusta - but the Evian Masters is always a quality tournament, as are all the majors - showcasing the best of the best.  IMHO, the Olympic Golf for the women was a more exciting event than the men, even with Rory shooting lights out in the 4th round to take silver and a mega-playoff for the bronze.  The announcement that the AIG Open purse increase this year and next is a good start, and I hope other sponsors take note, and follow the lead that the talents, skills, and sacrifice it takes to be a Professional Golfer (Male or Female) are to be respected and rewarded. 

Ok, back to watching the AIG and the Trust.  

Edited by Tiftaaft
  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

• 2 months later...

I didn’t see this when it was originally posted, but I agree with you. I have been a fan of the LPGA over the men’s tour for a couple years now. It’s nice to see more of a variety in the play. Sure there’s a few ladies that can hit long, but most are in the range of us mortals, so it’s a bit more relatable. This week’s tournament has been fun with the KLPGA players in the field as well ( I watch the KLPGA on YouTube so I know a lot of the players). I hope they continue to gain traction and receive more coverage, and better time slots. I would much rather watch the LPGA over Korn Ferry or Champions. 

On 10/23/2021 at 9:56 AM, 2puttbogey said:

I have been a fan of the LPGA over the men’s tour for a couple years now. It’s nice to see more of a variety in the play. Sure there’s a few ladies that can hit long, but most are in the range of us mortals, so it’s a bit more relatable.

... I greatly prefer the LPGA to any of the mens tours with the exception of Majors and team events like Presidents Cup and Ryder Cup. #1 in the world Nelly Korda hitting an 8 iron 155 is much more relatable than most on the PGA tour hitting an 8 iron 180. I think the strength conditioning, personal trainers and instructors make some of the PGA guys almost freak athletes. As you said there are some long hitters and some short hitters too so a little something for everyone. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 hour ago, chisag said:

I think the strength conditioning, personal trainers and instructors make the PGA guys almost freak athletes.

there isn’t a single guy on the pga tour id classify as freakishly athletic. 

and there are only a handful id describe as mildly athletic. 

you’d have trouble picking most PGA tour golfers out at your local PTA meeting 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Yes I much prefer watching the women. They get after it, and have games we can better relate to and try to replicate. Even now with a young daughter, it's something I'm going to pay attention to moreso. Even now,I don't watch much PGA outside of the majors and the run up to golf season starting in March. 

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I agree with the above comments - except for the PGA athleticism.  I've never been to a PGA tournament and seen them up close so can't comment. We regularly go to LPGA tournaments like the Marathon Classic and this year were fortunate to get to the Solheim Cup.  I'm amazed how well they hit the ball for their physical shape - which speaks to their skills - Nelly is a prime example. Also they seem to be a bit more thoughtful in club selection off the tee compared to what I see on TV for PGA events where the guys always seem to pull out a driver to bomb it. We were on the first tee at the Solheim and saw some ladies using a driver, others using woods, hybrids or irons.

When it comes to the Networks like GC, they do seem to get second fiddle. As @2puttbogey said I'd much rather watch them then KF or Champions events. 

p.s. The BMW Championship is on this weekend. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

I agree with the above comments - except for the PGA athleticism.  I've never been to a PGA tournament and seen them up close so can't comment. We regularly go to LPGA tournaments like the Marathon Classic and this year were fortunate to get to the Solheim Cup.  I'm amazed how well they hit the ball for their physical shape - which speaks to their skills - Nelly is a prime example. Also they seem to be a bit more thoughtful in club selection off the tee compared to what I see on TV for PGA events where the guys always seem to pull out a driver to bomb it. We were on the first tee at the Solheim and saw some ladies using a driver, others using woods, hybrids or irons.

When it comes to the Networks like GC, they do seem to get second fiddle. As @2puttbogey said I'd much rather watch them then KF or Champions events. 

p.s. The BMW Championship is on this weekend. 

Well said. The thoughtfulness that in the women’s game is what makes it’so enjoyable. 

The BMW has been great. Hee Jeong is one of my favorite gofers so I’m pulling for her to close this out. She has already said she would accept and join the tour if she wins. 

Given the choice, I would gladly choose the women over the men.  

Women's sports in sum, are far less competitive and cutthroat.  

Things may change as I age but the spirit of the games (notably sportsmanship) are more appealing to me in women's than men's sports.  

Olympic women's sports, the US Women's soccer team, the Solheim Cup; all are what sports should be.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

14 hours ago, bens197 said:

Given the choice, I would gladly choose the women over the men.  

Women's sports in sum, are far less competitive and cutthroat.  

Things may change as I age but the spirit of the games (notably sportsmanship) are more appealing to me in women's than men's sports.  

Olympic women's sports, the US Women's soccer team, the Solheim Cup; all are what sports should be.

And when they miss a putt they smile vs. slamming down their putters like Sergio or Rhambo. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

9 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

And when they miss a putt they smile vs. slamming down their putters like Sergio or Rhambo. 

Some; there are some players that get pretty angry.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

10 minutes ago, 2puttbogey said:

Danielle Kang comes to mind. I can’t really think of any others off the top of my head, but there’s not many.

Kerr was the first to come to my mind.  Angela Stanford and Stacey Lewis after I searched some.   Probably less prevalent now than it was before but I have seen a few outbursts during my volunteer time at my local LPGA event.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 10/24/2021 at 5:26 PM, cnosil said:

Some; there are some players that get pretty angry. 

Emily Pederson at the Olympics for one example.  

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1