Testers Wanted: Precision Pro Titan Elite Rangefinder ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

4 hours ago, Owengeorge13 said:

Anyone have any guesses to what Rahms team name will be?  He’s asking the golf community to help.  The team name “Diablo” keeps coming up.

Matadors, maybe? Spanish theme. Not very PC these days, so maybe he wouldn't go that route...

2024 WITB:

:ping-small: G430 LST 9* (set at 10*) w. Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60X

:titleist-small:TSR2 15* w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

:taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18.5* flat) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

:callaway-small:Rogue ST Max 21* 7-wood w. Mitsubishi Tensei Blue stiff/ or/ :titleist-small:TSR2 21* 7-wood w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

:taylormade-small: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

:taylormade-small: 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW

:vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter- :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix ;  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

1 hour ago, Jim Shaw said:

Golf, like all sports has evolved exponentially since the invent of www. and social media. 

I get it, it is fine, the elite players in every sport have a lot of options to make a lot of money, I get it. 

And guess what, my last comment isn't new. 

With the invention of television, all sports were and still are trying to get "eye balls" on their game to, guess what, make more money...

Now there is a new player in the game, copius amount of money to deliver a different product, not an issue for me, it is what I have grown up with and have reaped the benefits, in my case, to watch the best golfers in the world ply their trade.

I am old enough to remember only being able to watch 9 holes of the masters, and when we got a colour television I got to watch it in colour (I am old but not that old)

And now, guess what, I can watch golf on their own channel 24 hours a day, oh and stream it, and oh whatever. 

I watch the olympics (winter and summer) to marvel at the athleticism and skill of the athletes, the best of the best at the best time of their lives, wow it blows me away. 

In my opinion we are experiencing another shift in the game but I still get to see some great golf. 

There was a shift in the 50's with Arnold, Jack and Gary getting more television "eye balls" and my grandkids will see a shift again, it is alright. 

Now, keep your eye on the back of the ball, keep your head still and follow through, and have a chocolate, enjoy your day everyone...

9 while holes??   Pffft!!   I was watching when you only saw like 15 or 16 on.   When it went to 9 holes that was like a whole new world. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

9 hours ago, Owengeorge13 said:

Fair enough!  New (or old) rumor about finau and Hatton joining LiV and Rahms team!

I just saw this posted. Rahm is the “Dambuster”. The PGA tour will soon be Rory and a bunch of guys. Spieth is a shell of his former self. JT sort of fell off the planet last year. The young up and coming ones may not have the loyalty to the Tour. If Rahm bailed after pledging “Fielty” is Hovland on the horizon? Ole Jay really screwed the pooch. To borrow from the Right Stuff.

IMG_2569.jpeg.b848f747458d5d8d3a104389a5bca547.jpeg

image.png.ec65754993cb81a3d0a7d15c70ab8fd1.png  Anyday Maverick Black Ops 7-way

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 5 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

image.png.0f5b009ff3d83fdae5e2e361f9676226.png DF3 w/BGT Stability ONE Forum Test

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:OnCore: Elixr 

:Clicgear: 3.5+

2 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

I just saw this posted. Rahm is the “Dambuster”. The PGA tour will soon be Rory and a bunch of guys. Spieth is a shell of his former self. JT sort of fell off the planet last year. The young up and coming ones may not have the loyalty to the Tour. If Rahm bailed after pledging “Fielty” is Hovland on the horizon? Ole Jay really screwed the pooch. To borrow from the Right Stuff.

Well, the floodgates may have very well opened... and yes, Jay and his team own this.  These top end players know there is only so much feed left at the trough, and setting oneself and their families, families for decades to come only comes around every so often.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

6 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

If true, this is probably the only player so far defecting to LIV that I am truly disappointed about....

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

If he gets his own team as well then this is huge. I mean, it’s still a big deal if he joins Rahm but if he’s getting a big payday and team equity, this could be the last year of the PGAT as we know it. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

Well all of this has made my decision to play fantasy golf or not all easier. I'm out. 

My biggest takeaway from all of this is I have lost 96% of my interest in the pro game with 1% left over for each major. My second biggest takeaway is the whole thing (PGA Tour, LIV and DP World Tour) need to be completely revamped and restarted. Don't care how or what, but going on like this essentially guarantees I will only be watching golf events per season. Finally my last takeaway, if all these guys are going (at this point I don't care) I would imagine there is something imminent coming that would enable them to play in PGA tour events or something because the tour loosing guys continuously will make their entire platform fall apart. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

The writing is definitely on the wall. And was watching the golf channel yesterday and they were talking about another big sponsor, Wells Fargo I think, and how they won’t sponsor another upper tier event after 2024. Something big is coming. Only question remaining is whether it’s for the better. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g

Okay so maybe this is somewhere and in an article that I didnt read, but with more potential top names going over and the limited field they have who gets booted? They have the play in series but are those spots just going away? Would suck for the guys who have stuck it out and then get cut just due to more going over.

Or are they expanding with more teams increasing the field size?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Okay so maybe this is somewhere and in an article that I didnt read, but with more potential top names going over and the limited field they have who gets booted? They have the play in series but are those spots just going away? Would suck for the guys who have stuck it out and then get cut just due to more going over.

All great questions.  I’m really not sure yet.  I’m thinking they fill Rahms team first and then some moves will have to be done.
  I’m reading all these rumors about Day and cantlay.  I just read something about Xander.  They may have another team in the works.  

🙃

2 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

All great questions.  I’m really not sure yet.  I’m thinking they fill Rahms team first and then some moves will have to be done.
  I’m reading all these rumors about Day and cantlay.  I just read something about Xander.  They may have another team in the works.  

But you can understand how this lack of rules or structure makes it equally poor or confusing as the PGA tour mess and hard to take seriously? 

Or maybe it's not to be taken seriously.

Doing the team thing is good, but go all in. Have a live draft, have an expansion team hype and create at least some form of structure to make it easier to follow.

Right now it's like a circus that has room for 12 shows and they keep adding shows without any warning bumping shows which people may want to watch or see after they bought tickets... Minus the buying tickets part because they only give those away.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

14 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I haven't seen anything either, but if I had to guess just by the way things tend to work, the lesser known names will be removed so the big names ($$ signs) come in.  

With shotgun starts, you can only have so many teams.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

But you can understand how this lack of rules or structure makes it equally poor or confusing as the PGA tour mess and hard to take seriously? 

Or maybe it's not to be taken seriously.

Doing the team thing is good, but go all in. Have a live draft, have an expansion team hype and create at least some form of structure to make it easier to follow.

Right now it's like a circus that has room for 12 shows and they keep adding shows without any warning bumping shows which people may want to watch or see after they bought tickets... Minus the buying tickets part because they only give those away.

This is kind of how I see it currently.  I can get on board with the shorts and the team aspect.  I can even get on board with the shotgun start to make it quicker than an all day watch.  

It just seems very unorganized currently. It's like the frat boys party league that they have made so much money that no one seems to care if they win or lose.

I know that's not the case for all of them, but it comes across that way from the little I have seen/watched. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

This is why golfers will continue to go to the LIV, and eventually the PGA, USGA, and R&A, must come to grips with the fact that THEY DON'T OWN GOLF ANYMORE!

The players for good or ill, I SAY GOOD, have realized that they have the power, and are asking for their due, at the elite level of the game.   They are done allowing themselves to be sold short to allow others to make obscene amounts of money.  This is why BIG  PGA names will continue to leave the PGA, to be paid as one of the biggest names in the game.   Maybe with the exception of McIlroy, and Woods, but everyone else is going to ask, "I'm a big name in Golf, why not me?"!

SHOHEI OHTANI just signed a 10 year, $700 million dollar contract with the LA Dodgers.  And while not a big baseball fan I do know that all baseball contracts are FULLY GAURANTEED.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Well all of this has made my decision to play fantasy golf or not all easier. I'm out. 

My biggest takeaway from all of this is I have lost 96% of my interest in the pro game with 1% left over for each major. My second biggest takeaway is the whole thing (PGA Tour, LIV and DP World Tour) need to be completely revamped and restarted. Don't care how or what, but going on like this essentially guarantees I will only be watching golf events per season. Finally my last takeaway, if all these guys are going (at this point I don't care) I would imagine there is something imminent coming that would enable them to play in PGA tour events or something because the tour loosing guys continuously will make their entire platform fall apart. 

Likewise, the interest level in PGAT events has waned for me this past year.  Part of me is pissed about what has unfolded and part of me feels it's poetic justice.  The PGAT simply viewed themselves as "to big/important to fail"... when in truth they were "just big enough". Both Tiger and Phil tried to champion changes related to player compensation but they were largely ignored.  Oh, what might have been 😑

I too will not be playing in our fantasy golf league this season but more because I have had a stranglehold on position 46 and it's only fair I let someone else have a chance at moving up the leaderboard 😆.

The pending "merger" (assuming it happens) is going to be quite interesting.  If Jay & Co. keep losing chess pieces the likes of Rahm, they may soon be offering sign-up bonues to Pat Perez. 😮

Edited by fixyurdivot

I’ve always enjoyed watching golf since I can remember. If LIV played more in the US I’d probably watch as well. But with all the drama and politics I can honestly say I watched less this year than in the past. Guys like Rahm leaving won’t affect my viewership of the PGAT but if all the fields continue to shallow out then I can see a long term problem. I do see PIF money in golf as a long term problem. That level of cash infusion can’t last much longer and big sponsors are starting to pull away which isn’t a good sign. 

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I wish the players well but I don’t need to watch watered down tournaments or that exhibition, 54 hole, no cut league run by a country that has no interest in human rights but because they have money to burn will spend it in an attempt get folks to ignore it.

My interest in the men’s professional game is down 96% as well My remaining 4% is as follows:

The Masters 2%

The US Open 1%

The Open Championship 1%

The PGA Championship 0%

Ryder Cup/President’s Cup 0%

image.png.ec65754993cb81a3d0a7d15c70ab8fd1.png  Anyday Maverick Black Ops 7-way

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 5 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

image.png.0f5b009ff3d83fdae5e2e361f9676226.png DF3 w/BGT Stability ONE Forum Test

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:OnCore: Elixr 

:Clicgear: 3.5+

2 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

I haven't seen anything either, but if I had to guess just by the way things tend to work, the lesser known names will be removed so the big names ($$ signs) come in.  

With shotgun starts, you can only have so many teams.

Nah, their going to create an "A-flite" and "B-flite", with B-Flite playing a local exec track... Pat Perez will soon be a team captain 🤣.

6 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

This is kind of how I see it currently.  I can get on board with the shorts and the team aspect.  I can even get on board with the shotgun start to make it quicker than an all day watch.  

It just seems very unorganized currently. It's like the frat boys party league that they have made so much money that no one seems to care if they win or lose.

I know that's not the case for all of them, but it comes across that way from the little I have seen/watched. 

You should perhaps watch more. I think the players do care a lot. Players on Sunday who know they won’t win the individual title are GRINDING to help their teams win the team event. Lot more pressure than someone who’s going to finish DFL in a PGAT event out having a Sunday morning hit & giggle before catching a flight home. Those guys don’t care, and often they play like it. 

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Nah, their going to create an "A-flite" and "B-flite", with B-Flite playing a local exec track... Pat Perez will soon be a team captain 🤣.

Pat Perez is a perfect example of why LIV exists. Always a good PGAT player, won a few times, always kept his card. Seemed he was looking forward to getting out on the Champions Tour.

Along comes LIV. If they payed Pat even $10 million, along with what he won in team money, he’s FAR surpassed what he’d ever win on the Champions Tour. If there’s an agreement, and he’s eligible, I’ll bet he’ll be out there and play. If not, he & his wife & his kids kids kids are set up. PGAT was ready to kick guys like Pat to the curb previously known as the DP World (European) Tour. Who wants to go to that limbo life?

Edited by MGoBlue100

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

10 minutes ago, MGoBlue100 said:

You should perhaps watch more. I think the players do care a lot. Players on Sunday who know they won’t win the individual title are GRINDING to help their teams win the team event. Lot more pressure than someone who’s going to finish DFL in a PGAT event out having a Sunday morning hit & giggle before catching a flight home. Those guys don’t care, and often they play like it. 

Once the make the cut, every stroke is money. They might not care as much as if they were vying for 1st place but it definitely isn’t a hit and giggle. The team aspect and lack of a cut is actually what  I fail to appreciate. There isn’t any sense of urgency week in and week out. Sure, everyone starts out day 1 trying to win but after a bad first round then the push care is reduced. I get the notion of playing well for the team but looking at the scores each week, I don’t buy the notion that guys are “grinding” any more than then finishing 70th on the PGAT. 

For the people who are upset that Rahm went to LIV but is saying he did it to “grow the game” and stuff like that, do you expect him to put on social media that it was simply for the ridiculous amount of money? You think LIV is going to quote him in their press release “I don’t care for any of the aspects of this series but they paid me an ungodly amount of money so here I am.”

I don’t remember what HV3 said in the PR when he signed but I’m sure it said something along the lines that Rahm and all the other guys did. It wasn’t until later when he was being interviewed by 3rd parties that he admitted it was only for the money and the time off.

Initially Rahm did pledge fealty to the tour but it was later on when he was interviewed that he said he didn’t blame any of the guys for going and he could understand why. It wasn’t, at that time, right for him. It’s obviously the right time for him now. We will never know but if it wasn’t for what Monaghan did, maybe he wouldn’t have come over to LIV?

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

33 minutes ago, PeterHenric said:

For the people who are upset that Rahm went to LIV but is saying he did it to “grow the game” and stuff like that, do you expect him to put on social media that it was simply for the ridiculous amount of money? You think LIV is going to quote him in their press release “I don’t care for any of the aspects of this series but they paid me an ungodly amount of money so here I am.”

I don’t remember what HV3 said in the PR when he signed but I’m sure it said something along the lines that Rahm and all the other guys did. It wasn’t until later when he was being interviewed by 3rd parties that he admitted it was only for the money and the time off.

Initially Rahm did pledge fealty to the tour but it was later on when he was interviewed that he said he didn’t blame any of the guys for going and he could understand why. It wasn’t, at that time, right for him. It’s obviously the right time for him now. We will never know but if it wasn’t for what Monaghan did, maybe he wouldn’t have come over to LIV?

I not upset at Rahm. Just upset the divide is growing instead of narrowing back. The game isn’t going to grow with these two tours at odds with each other. 

What do either of those tours do to really help grow the game?

As far as I’m concerned, growing the game takes place at home. People who already love the game get their own kids involved and bring them up in the sport. People invite their friends to come play and try and get them hooked. 
The tours have their outreach programs that do help bring new faces to the game but it’s so limited in reach. People being less judgmental and more easy going also helps grow the game. That all takes place at home.

It really must drive the people a the GC bonkers to report anything, especially good news, concerning LIV>

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5

Hybrid   Ping G410 4H

Irons;    Ping G425 5-LW

Putter:  Ping Anser 2           

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed/AVX

Bag:      Titleist

If anyone ever wants to just talk about the teams /golf/schedule this year.  I’m down for it.  

https://www.livgolf.com/events

The links above!  Some of the team names are iffy.  I’m sure people laughed at the “Red Sox” when it was first heard…

🙃

I’ll be going to the Vegas round. It’s at a course I have played a number of times so it’ll be cool to see how they do in it. Lots of trees so if you get out of the fairway it can be really tough.