Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2024 What is safe in your bag? What's on the chopping block?

GolfSpy_APH

1 minute ago, Owengeorge13 said:

After putting around with a LAB DF 2.1 …I can’t stop thinking about how easy it is to putt with.  I’ve also been hitting a used set of ping i230.  The i230’s are just so good.  I started saving for the DF, the ping i230 might have to wait a year.

It's a good thing next year is only a few days away!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 11/29/2023 at 6:23 PM, BallsLeon said:

My 60° and putter are currently safe. (52° and 56° are close but I need lofts adjusted for proper gapping)

Everyone else is on notice!  🧐

Putter, wedges, and irons are now safe!

The top of the bag however needs work: 7-wood, 3-utility, 3-wood, and driver. All of these clubs have had their moments for me, but hoping to find more consistent setups with gapping that makes more sense.

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

Might be time to swap the hybrid out, it's still an Adams. I think the MacGregor irons I tested are safe. Driver, 3W, wedges, and putter aren't going anywhere.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

My Mizuno ST-X driver , which I bought in mid-2022, is adjustable, and last night I got out the wrench and adjusted it for the first time. Increased the loft and the draw bias, which should produce more spin, according to the info I found. I'm driving down to Myrtle Beach today, where my son lives, and will try it out there. Go back to the original setting? Tweak some more? Decide I need another driver? To be determined. Did I get the head back on fully? Also to be determined.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

Absolutely nothing is safe 😶

Driver - image.png.3e9a16211779a601d8100d3bba18e1a6.png Stealth 2 10.5* (Aldila Rogue Silver 60X 110g)

Irons - image.png.33881d123b078ab4719122efc1e18b36.png 2022 P790 4,5 & P770 6-P (Project X LZ 6.5X 125g)

Wedges  - image.png.928e16ad99dc965e1730b49596320707.png SM8 56.14F & 60.12D (SM8 Wedge)

Putter - image.png.ffabd003c08567bc9230e4fbcd2015da.png 2021 Phantom X5.5

Ball - image.png.5446331b097634af6b55e7df59f17421.png 2023 TP5

Whats safe...

G410 LST Driver head, Titleist 3w, Edison wedges, Ping Heppler putter.

Whats up for replacement...

18* hybrid

Whats up for experimentation this winter to see if anything better is out there...

Driver shaft (isn't it always)

Iron shafts - maybe move to graphite which means new heads attached to the new shafts!

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

38 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

After putting around with a LAB DF 2.1 …I can’t stop thinking about how easy it is to putt with.  I’ve also been hitting a used set of ping i230.  The i230’s are just so good.  I started saving for the DF, the ping i230 might have to wait a year.

Oooooh that is such a nice putter! It is hard to believe it feels so good and balanced on the end of the shaft when it looks so odd and is so big. When I first picked one up to try I thought I had a shoe box on the end of a stick! My putter might be in jeopardy if I could putt the Armlock of that putter. My Sim2 is now on the high side of 4 years old so it also could be on its way out of the bag.  

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

After committing to the Ping G425 2-iron towards the end of the 2023 season, my Ping G425 3-hybrid has officially been chopped for 2024. It just didn't make sense to carry both in the bag with similar carry distances.

I was able to regift it to my dad, who can hopefully find a better use for it than I could. 

Current WITB:

Bag: image_2024-02-27_104948566.png.b92168231016d467eb3d016dba2075b9.png MV2 Golf Bag

Driver:  image.png G425  Max 9.0º, Graphite Design Tour AD VR-6S

Fairway: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR2 3 wood 15º, Ventus Red 7S, image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR1 5 wood 18º, Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW Blue 65S

Driving Iron: image.png G425 Crossover 2-iron 18º, Aldila Rogue 95TS Graphite 

Irons: image.png.b5950bd367d637859d211fef578a14af.png MP-54 (4-P), Project X 6.0S

Wedges: TM23WDG-MG4-Stacked-Color-OnLight-v1-1024x410.png.ac724a75349db558663486b0cf600638.png 50.09 SB, 54.11 SB, 58.11 SB

Putter: image.png.2a889a80c6a733b582bbac9dbc3cecf2.png California Del Mar, 34.5 Sweet Rollz "Safari" Midsize Grip

Ball: image.png.52cb58764bddc9c00ba3060db6a87cc7.png Tour B XS

17 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Driver shaft (isn't it always)

Iron shafts - maybe move to graphite which means new heads attached to the new shafts!

Do you swap them out yourself? I love shaft experimenting, but I am not very good at pulling graphite shafts. Guess I need to get a Maltby shaft puller🤔

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

Safe for 2024:

• T-150 irons: buttery smooth, workable enough for few times I actually try to shape my shots (operator error is usually the culprit for unwanted shot shaping 😂). Higher flight than my previous 2 sets of irons, more spin with the short irons, which is great for these Arizona greens, where I could possibly find my ball at the next tee box after an approach because the greens get so hard during the summer. 
  • Bettinardi 2021 Queen B: Holed so many putts I had no business holing this year and the previous year, I’d have to find something I could hit with my eyes closed and still be as consistent to bump this out of the bag.

Unsure:

• TM Sim2Max HL 3 wood and 3 and 4 hybrid: not sure of what I’ll find to replace the top end of the bag. I’d need a little more distance to gap off the 5 iron, and some more consistency on shot shape and height. I know it’s mostly operator error, but it would still be nice to know what the ball is gonna do with my swing.

Definitely being replaced:

• TM Sim2Max:  according to two fitters, it may be time to realize I’ve improved enough that this produces too much spin for my delivery. I know I can get 10-20 yards more carry mathematically based on swing speed, AoA, etc., so it’ll be interesting to get fit and see what becomes of it.
  • Vokey wedges: 120 rounds over the past almost 2 years, time to shop around and keep my pride in check. Looking at the Mizuno S23s, the MG4s, the Cleveland CBXs, and whatever else is out there. 

Hope everyone enjoyed their holidays this year!

Edited by guillo2
Add wedges

"Just when I have this beautiful shot pictured in my mind, I awaken to the realization I actually have to hit it."

Taylormade Sim2Max 10.5

Taylormade 3w HL

Taylormade Sim2 3 & 4 hybrid

Titleist T150 5-GW

Vokey 56 & 60 deg 

Nike Air Hybrid bag

Pro V1x

My bag is safe other than at driver, where I really don't NEED to upgrade, but it is always a spot I am looking to improve. I wouldn't necessarily call myself a club ho as much as a driver ho 🤣. I mean, I've got two already in the TSi3 and Aerojet Max, what will one more hurt?

Truthful answer is the TSi3 with the Ventus TR Blue might be hard to beat in 2024. Doesn't mean I'm not going to try!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

Everything except new wedges. Gotta love those new grooves. 

Callaway epic max driver

cobra rad speed fairway woods

Mizuno jpx 921 hot metal pro

Cleveland CBX wedges

Cleveland Huntington Beach putter

43 minutes ago, EnderinAZ said:

Do you swap them out yourself? I love shaft experimenting, but I am not very good at pulling graphite shafts. Guess I need to get a Maltby shaft puller🤔

I have replaced shafts before and a shaft puller is a must have for graphite shaft replacement.  For the driver i just get another ping adapter for the new shaft if it doesnt already have one.  For the irons, this time i will probably go with new heads and sell the gamers as is with the steel shafts rather than replacing shafts.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Right now, the only clubs safe in the bag are the Betti, and the Para Super Hybrid pending 2024's new releases. The Para TD driver will be tough to kick as I've had the best statistical season with it, but you guys know me, no driver combo is ever safe in my bag. I am leaning more towards a new set of irons as I've played the Apex 21's since release and it's just time for a change. Right now, it's a serious inner battle between the ZX5 Mk II, Apex Pro, and the Mizuno JPX line. I'm most likely going to test all three head to head when I update my bag fitting this winter, but that's a more probable change than anything else besides the new Vokey SMX release. 

Shank's Tentative 2024 WITB

O.B. Finder- Paradym Smoke Ai TD 9*/Ventus TR Blue 6X +1/D

FW- Callaway UW 17*/VA Composites Nemesys 7X

4H- Paradym Super Hybrid/Ventus Velo Blue 8X

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout- (almost time for a new set of something....)

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour (Until the SM10's drop)

Flat One- Bettinardi Hive Poison Kool-Aid Innovai 6.0

Left Dash ALL DAY/14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

Most everything in the bag has been replaced in the past 60 days, including the bag.  T300s replaced with the new T350s.  Replaced my 916h 17* with a TSR1f18*, replaced the 918h 21* with a TSR1h 20* and added a TSR1h 23*, replacing my five iron.  Replaced my old Titleist cart 14 bag with a new all black Cart 14 bag.    Picked up a new Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback putter yesterday.  Love the weight and feel of this putter.  Maybe looking a new wedges (Vokey of course when they are released in the spring).  Happy with driver and 3 wood.   

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

Irons SAFE, ZX5 MKii 6-p,driver safe, Rogue st max LS, Cleveland wedges safe, TSR3 4wd mostly safe, Odyssey Tri hot 5K two putter definitely safe, Cobra 3,4,5, LTDx hybrids mostly safe, the 4 definitely is, jury still out on 3 and 5.

There are some other clubs waiting in the wings in case. 

Back surgery in January could change how I feel about these clubs, all shafts stiff. 

Driver: Callaway Mavrik.  Safe, for now.  Working well the last few rounds.

3 Wood: Getting cut, hard to hit well and doesn't fit a gap in the bag.

5 Wood: Mizuno ST-Z. Safe, solid 215 club, easy to hit from the tee, fairway, or rough.

Irons: Titleist T300 5-PW.  Safe, very safe, easy to hit, long, and fitted new last summer.

Wedges: Mizuno T22 52, 56, Vokey 60.  Mizuno's safe, Vokey may be leaving by virtue of being a 60, and I have come to terms with it being a liability lately.

Putter: LeanLock Blade/ Oddyssey Strokelabs One.  Still back and forth, LeanLock has been working better lately.

Looking to add a hybrid to my bag to possibly fill out the top between 5 Iron and 5 wood a little better.

:callaway-logo-1:Mavrik 10.5* :projectx: HZRDS T800 Orange 60 6.0

:taylormade-small: RocketBallz Stage 2 3W

:mizuno-small:ST-Z 5W :projectx: EvenFlow 5.5

:srixon-small: ZX Utility 23*, UST Recoil F3

:titleist-small:T300 :projectx: LZ 5.5, 5-PW

:mizuno-small: T22 Copper Denim :truetemper: DG R300, 52* 56*

:vokey-small: SM9 :truetemper: DG R300, 60*

:odyssey-small: Strokelabs One

:vice: Pro Soft

48 minutes ago, Shank Aaron said:

Right now, the only clubs safe in the bag are the Betti, and the Para Super Hybrid pending 2024's new releases. The Para TD driver will be tough to kick as I've had the best statistical season with it, but you guys know me, no driver combo is ever safe in my bag. I am leaning more towards a new set of irons as I've played the Apex 21's since release and it's just time for a change. Right now, it's a serious inner battle between the ZX5 Mk II, Apex Pro, and the Mizuno JPX line. I'm most likely going to test all three head to head when I update my bag fitting this winter, but that's a more probable change than anything else besides the new Vokey SMX release. 

I mean, I may know a guy that knows a guy to help with all those moving parts!!  Oh, wait a second...

Triple D is here to stay, honestly.  I haven't seen one product coming out that will be any better than that thing is.  Betti, well you can't go wrong staying with it or moving on to a new Scotty.  Either or, would be a winning combo.  As for irons, Mizuno would definitely be one I'd push but do yourself a favor and try out those new Titleist irons.  Everyone raves about the Srixon's and the new Apex irons, but even as a guy playing some Mizuno's now to make golf easier, I still feel like Titleist new line has really knocked it out of the park.  

In any event, yes we ALL do know you... You'll be shifting to something new REAL soon.  

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

2024 will definitely be a first for me.  NOT because I have big plans to change anything, but mostly by virtue that I probably wont be changing anything. 

Callaway Triple Diamond - SAFE.... Hands down the best I've hit in a LONG time. 

Titleist TSi2 3-wood - Absolutely reliable SAFE

Titleist TSi2 3-Hybrid / Mizuno Fli Hi 2 iron - Both SAFE and used in different conditions

Titleist U505 4-iron - SAFE  CHEAT STICK really

Mizuno Pro 225 Black Out Edition - 5-GW (4 iron too but not used much) SAFE

Vokey SM9 54-58 - SAFE until I feel like I need some fresh wedges

Scotty Cameron Super Select 5 Flowback - Custom Shop done in Copper and Black - SAFE

Balls - Srixon XV / Titleist ProV1x - Already shifting towards Srixon because economically and performance they get the job done well

So, that's it!  I don't see anything changing in that bag anytime soon. Each has gotten me to shooting far more consistent scores and actually allowing me to do all of the different types of shots I like.  

But there's another Spy here that as always has a way of twisting my arm and acting like a Narcotic pusher... I won't name any names, but you know who you are! 🤣

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

Everything is safe in my bag with the possible exception of my 5 iron and putter (Odyssey Bird of Prey).

I’m seriously considering a Ping G425 to replace my 5 iron.  I have 3 and 4 Ping G425 hybrids now and hit them well.  

As far as the putter goes I’m considering a LAB Mezz.1 but really choking on the price.  I have a tendency to twist the putter in my hands and apparently the LAB putters address this problem better than most.  Definitely have to test drive one first.

Driver:  Ping G425 LST 9 degrees, stock shaft regular

Fairway: Ping G425 LST 13.5 degrees, stock shaft regular

Hybrids: Ping G425 19 and 22 degrees, stock shaft regular

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max, Project X  LZ105 5.5; 5-AW

Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 52 degrees, TT Dynamic Gold 115; Cleveland SmartSole 58 degrees, stock shaft

Putter:  Axis1 Rose with FlatCat grip

veteran.gif.ce23e65765944402b155f425df8cdfdb.gif.5b4cd6901ad1d0966d36704e6b4d9e7d.gif

image.png.2c141450bfdc56c40426d9df08a4bb4d.png

image.png.3ce9d749de4445b748c0a563eb19c35b.png

Everything is pretty safe, except for my wedges. Those (Vokey 52, 56 and 60) will likely be replaced, but only because of wear, not poor performance.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Madison bats -

Driver - Callaway Mavrik 10.5*, Reg 55 gram Riptide

3W - Taylor Rocket Ballz 15* R

5W - Taylor Rocket Balls 19* 

Hybrid 22* Rocket Balls R, 25* Hyper Speed R

Irons - 6-P Titleist AP2 712 S TT Gold Hi Launch

W 52, 56, 60 Vokey SM6

After tracking stats for the year with DECADE.... 

Losing shots with my irons. Need to figure out if it's me or the clubs. I have Srixon ZBlades. Maybe look at getting lessons to figure out how to tighten the dispersion or getting something that is a little straighter! 

Driver (M1) still like it. I have confidence in it. Might dabble and see if I like something else. 

3 Wood (M1) - like it! 

Wedges - Cleveland (I get new wedges yearly, but I never get the latest. Try to make sure the grooves are good and call it good!) 

Putter - Odyssey 9. interested in the AI Odyssey putters. (Bought one to try it out, they do not make the 9 anymore though so that is disappointing. 

-Branon 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: [email protected]

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

The things that are currently safe. 

Cleveland Hibore 2 Hybrid 19 degree

Titleist 990's, since not spending on new irons

Titleist PT15...This only club has been surprisingly strong for me the last few months since introducing it back in last fall.

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

SAFE: Pretty much everything, after a crazy year of revolving…

3W (and viable alternatives), a shorter shafted BB 3W has been consistent.

WEDGES: Went between fitted set that match my HM919s, and acquired, pre owned, Vokey online recommended M7s - the Vokes reclamed my bag.

PUTTER: Being a putter ho, I acquired two Heppler PINGS in 23, that battled with my Scotty 5.5M. When the dust settled, the Scotty regained its spot.

BALLS: Being 60+ and dealing with the outcomes of an athletic youth, I’ve tend toward Duo Soft+ balls. I have some Project S and SuperSofts that I’ve tried on occasion, as well as other lower compression models I find while searching for mine. I’m still trying to decide if a different ball would be good..

Chasing my ball around the cow field, trying to avoid the “ruff.”

Ordered new Mizuno wedges to replace Cleveland and will be here in a few days, other that that the bag is pretty set. The only hesitancy I have is with the putter. I tend to play with the same putter for 5+ years and replaced a Scotty with Evnroll a few years ago, but I just can't stop thinking about a Spyder. Every time I try one I love it. Enroll is probably safe. Probably... 

Untitled design-3.png

1 hour ago, rjacobs4 said:

Everything is safe in my bag with the possible exception of my 5 iron and putter (Odyssey Bird of Prey).

I’m seriously considering a Ping G425 to replace my 5 iron.  I have 3 and 4 Ping G425 hybrids now and hit them well.  

As far as the putter goes I’m considering a LAB Mezz.1 but really choking on the price.  I have a tendency to twist the putter in my hands and apparently the LAB putters address this problem better than most.  Definitely have to test drive one first.

did you try a large diameter grip on the putter?  I found it stopped most of my twisting.  I did a superstroke pistol 2.0 tour I think.  Doesn't matter too much which, just one that you like the feel.  

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

When my Mizuno wedges wear down, I will test Indi and Edison against new Mizuno wedges.  And I am shopping for putter shaft or putter with a multi material shaft .  PXG M16, Mamiya All In, or the new KBS.  I am doing a PXG fitting this Saturday, that may do the trick.

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

5 minutes ago, Donn lost in San Diego said:

did you try a large diameter grip on the putter?  I found it stopped most of my twisting.  I did a superstroke pistol 2.0 tour I think.  Doesn't matter too much which, just one that you like the feel.  

Woops.  Putter grip is the 3.0 pistol.