Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

28 minutes ago, Hobert said:

Good Morning! Perfectly nice morning to sip coffee and shop for golf shoes (my Father’s Day present this year was new golf shoes of my choosing). Currently looking at the Adidas CodeChaos 22 in either white or grey or the Puma Proadapt Alphacat in grey or blue. Have a great day all!

@sirchunksalot Have a great day and good luck with your round (I hope you take down all challengers)! Hopefully there are no cones in the middle of your fairways getting in the way.

Sounds like you've got a tough decision on what shoes to buy since both Adidas and Puma make some good ones. 

Thanks for the well wishes, I'm hoping to put up a decent round and it's good practice with the irons knowing I can't grab anything else out of the bag. 

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Do you hover the driver behind the ball or sole it on the ground?  If you sole it centered behind the ball, raise the club to where impact would be.  You'll find the heel is behind the ball.  Need to position the club a little toward the toe, then raise the club to where the ball is in the middle.  Not an issue if you hover the driver.

I do sole it! Good call.

I'll have to try both next time I hit, hovering and addressing toward the toe with the club down.

Driver : :callaway-small:GBB Epic, 10.5° loft, autoFlex Dream7, SF405x flex (44.75")
3-Wood: :callaway-small:Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
3-Hybrid: :srixon-small: Z H85, 19° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Black 85g, 5.5 flex
Irons: :titleist-small: T350 5i & T200 6i-GW, 23°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
Wedges: :Sub70: JB Forged Raw 54° & 58° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Reg flex (+0.5/0.25", 0.5° upright)
Putter: :ping-small: DS72 C, 35”, PP60 grip

29 minutes ago, BallsLeon said:

I do sole it! Good call.

I'll have to try both next time I hit, hovering and addressing toward the toe with the club down.

Hope it works, but remember, there are other reasons for heel hits.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”