Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

20 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Javs, Happy Birthday, and be sure to fill out your profile here as your birthday would then show-up on the forum, and members can see it and provide birthday wishes in the "Happy Birthday" thread.

birthday golf cart.JPG

Thank you and thought I had it in there. 

Play like a champion today!

I've found that the old method of simply blasting balls as hard as you can 3 times a week will do more than speed training by itself. I tried Stack System and really didn't make much progress, but I have friends that got really good results.

Just for pure speed, swing fast and swing often. Attached is a screen cap of the best from a session I had 3 days ago. This is with a 48" driver though and I am 56 years old. It's not straight, but I was only focused on speed.

PB_2_Feb_12_2024.png

Driver: Stealth 2+ Ventus Black 5x 7*

3W: Stealth 15* Ventus Black 7x

2U: Mizuno Fli-Hi

4U: Mizuno Fli-Hi

Irons: 4-PW Mizuno JPX919 Tour

Wedges: Mizuno T22 50, 55 ,60

Putter: Ping Sigma 2

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I love this thread,  my goodness I don't check on it for a day and I feel like I'm a month behind. 

Heck, I left for a few hours and had 74 notifications! 21 from this topic alone!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

5 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Heck, I left for a few hours and had 74 notifications! 21 from this topic alone!

Spring fever, anybody?

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra:  Shogun Blue M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :taylormade-small: Brnr Mini driver 13.5* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M1 Otto-Phlex)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids
  •  Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)
  • :L.A.B.: DF 2.1 (BTG shaft)
  • :redrooster: Gloves

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I love this thread,  my goodness I don't check on it for a day and I feel like I'm a month behind. 

Truer words have never been spoken 🤣

Heck, I feel like if / when I miss posting in this thread, its a whole different site when I return!!!

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-PW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  images (1).pngHaywood Signature Raw Wedges (50 / 54 / 58)

Putter:   download.png.d49e715a77153bd649b58a0d4e33fab5.pngL.A.B. DF3 (aka "Chewie")

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Testing

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

5 hours ago, Javs said:

Good morning everyone! Today is my birthday. Hoping I make it another year without age stealing my ability to hit it far!! Ha ha. On a great note my daughter sent me a gift card for PXG, so more gear! My wife is taking me to a surprise day/night, but she said no golf. Ha ha Hope you all have a great day!

Happy Birthday!!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

6 minutes ago, Javs said:

Thank you

You're welcome 😊 😆 🤣 

Happy birthday Javs

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

10 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

Yesterday two of the players were "doodlers" and took copious amounts of (what I thought) were pre shot routines way above their skill level. 

Sort of like they are taking their perception of the play book from the elite pga golfers and bringing it to a 15 handicap senior golfer at a semi private golf course.

Usually 1 golfer in the group is ok but 2 I guess that is too much for me. 

My takeaway is either I have to quit seniors day or take this as a learning opportunity and work on breathing techniques or something that will help me get over it. Probably the latter as I don't really want to quit.

Completely understand the frustration! Growing up and learning to play golf in England in the 80s & 90s, it was drilled into me to strictly play in order of who is furthest from the pin no matter what, but I was always ready to play quicker than a lot of playing partners and often frustrated at pace of play. Since returning to golf 2 years ago, I've been trying to get into the habit of playing ready golf and have gradually cut down my pre-shot routine to a bare minimum. I've really noticed slow players and those that take a dozen practice swings and are indecisive and it does frustrate me. Fortunately it's rarely more than one person in the group. One regular playing partner must be knackered at the end of playing 18 as he must do at least 5-7 full speed practice swings and triple checks alignment etc before each shot.lol

Good luck figuring out how to not let it get to you! After a lot of years doing long solo bike rides, motorbike tours and hikes, I'm quite happy going into my own head and ignoring the slow play. Probably why I enjoy solo rounds and solo sim sessions so much. Ha ha.

2024 WITB:

Driver::callaway-logo-1: Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 MAX 9* w. Denali 60g 6.5 (XS)

FW woods: :titleist-small:TSR2+ 13* '2W' w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X & TSR2 21* 7W w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

Hybrid: :taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

Irons: :taylormade-small: 5i-PW: '17 P790 w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X (Incoming soon: :taylormade-small: 4i-PW: 2024 P770 w. :projectx: Rifle 6.0 (+1/4"))

Wedges: :taylormade-small: 50/09 MG4; 56/12 MG4TW Raw; :vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X7

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x //  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour // Maxfli Tour X

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder;  :Ogio: Woode Hybrid Stand Bag; :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

2024 Tests:

"...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"- Eric Idle

50 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts and wishes. The wife's surgery went smooth, and we are home. It was nothing majorly serious, but completely necessary to improve her quality of life and functionality. 

I think people forget about their quality of life sometimes. Life doesn't have to be as hard as golf. Glad it went well for her Rob. 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max 10.5°

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 25°, :titleist-small: Tsi2 21°

4i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM10 - 50° 12f, 54° 14f, 58° 14k

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :vice: Pro Air

Bag: Ghost Golf Maverick 14-Way 

Glove: Nexgen Nano-X Pro Tour+

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts and wishes. The wife's surgery went smooth, and we are home. It was nothing majorly serious, but completely necessary to improve her quality of life and functionality. 

Glad to hear everything went well today and hope the recovery is speedy.

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

Glad all went well. Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Play like a champion today!