Swing Caddie SC4 Launch Monitor $549.99

If this thing is remotely accurate compared to the big players, this could be a game changer!  It says it measures spin, launch angle, and peak height.  Even says it can be used with simulation software and it has its own app. Can be used indoor and outdoor?!?!  I’d be curious to see if it actually tracks full ball flight outdoors. 

https://www.playbetter.com/products/swing-caddie-sc4-portable-golf-launch-monitor

17DBEAC6-63D7-4461-8EEC-059AA398E8DE.jpeg.e09a71f7cffb3fc9cd57da5b45d5a207.jpeg

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

If I can get my hands on one, I could run it up against GC Quad and TrackMan 4. 

WITB:

Looks like lots of competition in this price market.  I'd love a product in the sub $1000 that provides accurate club face and path angles...while I'm still playing the game. Hey, a guy can dream can't he? 😊

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

I just got an Instagram ad for this for preorder. Seems like they’re attacking the amateur golf market in the launch monitor department a little more. I feel as though there’s the big brands that are the benchmark in data quality that just seem unaffordable for the everyday golfer. 

I’d be curious to see if someone does an unofficial review of this if they ever pick it up

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

Wonder how this would compare to R10 or MLM2. The personal LM space is really getting crazy right now.

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
4W:  Maltby KE4 
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50,54,58: Maltby TSW

Putter:  L.A.B. DF2.1 Accra Shaft 2023 Forum Testers - L.A.B. Putters
Ball: Mixed prefer ProV1 or Snell
Handicap: 9.2  -  Best Score: 72 (E) Springdale CC, Canton NC -2022

2020 Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

I saw the add for this on Instagram recently and was amazed at all the metrics it offered for $550. Looking forward to seeing some reviews come up on YouTube once it becomes available. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

I preordered this. Checking my email daily for updates on potential ship date. 

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme w/ Evenflow Riptide CB 

Wood:   Callaway Epic Speed 3+ Wood 

Utility:    Honma TW-X 3 iron  w/ Vizard Shaft       

Irons:     Sub70 699 Pro Black 5-PW w/ KBS Tour 120 Stiff Black PVD

Wedge:  Cobra PuR wedges 52, 56, 60

Putter:   Cleveland TFi 2135 Satin 1.0 Putter

Balls:     Maxfli Tour X

Tech:    Shot Scope X5 watch/Shot Scope Pro Range Finder/Swing Caddie SC4 Launch Monitor

Bag:      Sub 70 stand bag

Although the Rapsoso MLM2 Pro is just a few hundreds $$ more and it’s already proven to be extremely accurate compared to GC Quad.

Time will tell as more reviews of the Voice Caddie SC4 come in, but dang this Rapsodo looks amazing! 

WITB:

It's impressive.

What I don't understand is why no one as of yet can similarly crack the code of a lower-priced mass market option using cameras as opposed to radar technology. These would be very appealing to the average cobsuner who wants to use it indoors and typically has space restrictions. Skytrak is what, 7 years old? Really surprised the technology in that time hasn't allowed someone to offer something similar or slightly better at a lower price point as we're now seeing with the radar units. 

PXG 0211 driver, 5w, 6i-PW, GW, SW; Titleist H1 4h; Odyssey White Hot mallet.

10 hours ago, elight said:

It's impressive.

What I don't understand is why no one as of yet can similarly crack the code of a lower-priced mass market option using cameras as opposed to radar technology. These would be very appealing to the average cobsuner who wants to use it indoors and typically has space restrictions. Skytrak is what, 7 years old? Really surprised the technology in that time hasn't allowed someone to offer something similar or slightly better at a lower price point as we're now seeing with the radar units. 

For sure.  High speed cameras are becoming cheaper and cheaper to manufacture.  I was talking to someone who said that the owner of Foresight made his first business in high speed cameras for product distribution or assembly line production (something like that perhaps).  So the cameras had to be insanely fast and accurate.  That then led into using them for golf simulations.

Foresight can measure dimple rotation and and that is where the big difference is, I believe, compared to say the MLM2 Pro, thus the need for the specially marked balls or how Uneekor needed special balls at first as well.

I’m not sure how SkyTrak does it so well with only one camera, but people seem to like/trust it well enough.  I know it seems to struggle for faster ball speed players though. 

WITB:

I guess radar tech has been around for so long that the price has been driven down and probably nothing is under patent protection. High speed camera costs have come down dramatically but still not to the point where you could have a $500 unit. Hoping in another 2-3 years, we get there. 

The Swing Caddie SC4 launch monitor is an accurate and easy-to-use device that provides valuable insights into a golfer's swing. With features like shot distance and ball speed, it can help identify areas for improvement and fine-tune your game. It's a great investment for golfers looking to improve their skills. 

https://golfercraze.com/swing-caddie-sc4-launch-monitor-review/

swing-caddie-SC4-launch-monitor-golfercraze.webp.4c264abd74091503d8234ca52ad84445.webp

image (1).png

• 2 weeks later...

This seems like a huge marketing fail by Voice Caddie. I am yet to see any reviews or videos on this. I canceled my preorder through PlayBetter because it still showed 3-4 weeks to ship when it was already shipping from Voice Caddie. I'm just going to wait on reviews at this point. 

Tech:    Shot Scope X5 watch/Shot Scope Pro Range Finder/Swing Caddie SC4 Launch Monitor

There are probably no reviews because there are no actual units available to review.

The other possibility is that it's so bad they'd prefer to not let anyone demo it. Like when a bad movie is made and they don't let any critics pre-screen it before it hits theaters.

I ordered 2 days ago and got the sc4 today. Compared to the skytrak, club speed and spin numbers seem to be off. Needs to be tested against a real launch monitor. Didn’t come with a protective case either. The app says simulation coming soon. Meh. 

• 2 weeks later...

SC4 Simulator is not working yet, but will be released "soon." That was one of their big selling points and it wasn't ready out of the box. Other than that it's nice to have for practice at the moment and seems spot on with what I see on the course. 

• 2 weeks later...

As a former user of Trackman, FlightScope and Foresight, I am spoiled.  Nothing beats Doppler Radar based LM's, but Foresight was not a poor substitute.

Surely it won't be long until our smartphones will be able to provide some kind of shot analysis and better swing analysis to go with it.

I still haven't found the ideal swing analysis app, nor one for my PC either.

After retiring from the PGA of America, I did some demo days and club fitting for TaylorMade, Callaway, Titleist, Ping, Cobra, Srixon and Mizuno.

I've had this about two weeks now and the distances are spot with what I see on the course. The E6 is actually working, but only in Demo mode. My only complaint write now is that it doesn't really show shot shape. It's either a straight, push, or pull, but no draws or fades. Maybe I don't have enough ball flight from ball to net, but I will mess around with that this weekend.  There's also a review finally. 

• 1 month later...

Simulation is available with Optishots Orion software now which is nice for no subscription fees 🙂

WITB: 

Driver: Taylormade M5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 70-X

3&5 Wood: Taylormade M5 - Hzrds Smoke Black 60X

4-PW: 2011 Taylormade MC, 1/4" long, 2deg up, KBS 120g TourX

50,54,58 - Taylormade MG, Kbs Tour S

Putter - Tour Edge Wingman 03 - Face balanced, Armlock w/ 2x Superstore 5.0

• 2 months later...

Any  recent thoughts from users?   I've pretty much mined the videos available and want to hear from someone that actually uses one.  I currently have a SC200+ & Garmin R10.  There's a lot to like about the Garmin, but its touchy, doesn't like my garage, and is kind of a pain to use (Don't like how touch it is with alignment & how I have to connect to a phone).  With the SC200+  I just drop it 5ish feet behind me and off I go.  (I also tend to trust the accuracy of it a little more than the Garmin).  If the SC4 is even remotely as accurate at the SC200+ I'm selling it and the Garmin to get one.   

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been using this outdoors?  I will primarily be using at the range.  I am looking at this and the rapsodo.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

On 4/14/2023 at 3:06 PM, DriverBreaker said:

Although the Rapsoso MLM2 Pro is just a few hundreds $$ more and it’s already proven to be extremely accurate compared to GC Quad.

Time will tell as more reviews of the Voice Caddie SC4 come in, but dang this Rapsodo looks amazing! 

Updated video from him.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

Interesting little video with "decision tree" discussion. I don't always agree with him 100% as he seems to have preferences, but it's an interesting video.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g

4 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

Interesting little video with "decision tree" discussion. I don't always agree with him 100% as he seems to have preferences, but it's an interesting video.

Thanks!  Watching this now.

4 minutes ago, jdparker said:

Thanks!  Watching this now.

Here's another option to check out. Sean's a Mevo+ guy, but does a pretty good job of showing pros/cons of each device. He also does Buy/Don't Buy vids to help determine if something is right or not for specific people/situations. https://www.youtube.com/@breakingeighty

43 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

Here's another option to check out. Sean's a Mevo+ guy, but does a pretty good job of showing pros/cons of each device. He also does Buy/Don't Buy vids to help determine if something is right or not for specific people/situations. https://www.youtube.com/@breakingeighty

I found another video on the Rapsodo and it really has me torn.  The accuracy indoors with the spin is great but I won't use much indoors right now as I don't have a good set-up.  The accuracy outdoors is really good but you don't have the spin numbers.   This video brought up a good point that outdoors you can see what the ball is actually doing in the air so that might not be as big of an issue.  

This video you linked talks about the accuracy lacking some once you get to woods/driver with the SC4

11 minutes ago, jdparker said:

I found another video on the Rapsodo and it really has me torn.  The accuracy indoors with the spin is great but I won't use much indoors right now as I don't have a good set-up.  The accuracy outdoors is really good but you don't have the spin numbers.   This video brought up a good point that outdoors you can see what the ball is actually doing in the air so that might not be as big of an issue.  

This video you linked talks about the accuracy lacking some once you get to woods/driver with the SC4

My opinion on the Rapsodo is pretty simple - if you're using it outdoors, it's really hard to justify it. Without spin of any type, it's pretty worthless outdoors. Especially if spin is an issue for your game like it is mine. I realize with range balls most say it's a moot point since range balls are pretty crappy anyway (unless your GC/CC has good range balls, mine uses the Wilson range balls, which are middle of the road). I was leaning hard to the R10 due to the club path data which I need as I work with my swing coach. Plus it also is the only one with Angle of Attack under $1000, which is also part of my swing work. It's spin rate isn't as accurate outdoor, which is super strange for a doppler radar system. But without the RCT balls, the R10 is probably like the other less expensive radar systems.

I wasn't going to be using it indoor originally, so that's why I was against the Rapsodo. But I'm likely going to be setting up a net and mat in the garage and so I'll look at the Rapsodo again. I still hate the special balls and the overinflated prices for getting more. I know there is info on the web about marking your own, but then you get ink marks all over your irons even after they've dried. I still like the R10 and all it's features and overall price. Even the subscription is half that of the Rapsodo.

Sadly, the MGS review on 10/2 didn't include the SC4 which would have been really nice. 😞