Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How Long Do You Keep Golf Gloves?

I get about 10 rounds out of my gloves but I'm hoping to extend that now as I recently started rotating them about halfway through the round when they start getting wet from sweat.  I use to wear the same glove all round and I think that was a big contributor to them wearing out.  I usually use a variety of less expensive gloves, either the costco ones, MG golf, or some callaway and srixon gloves that I got a really good deal on. 

I use to use one of those plastic hand shaped devices you put the glove on after the round to help it maintain it's shape and dry but since I started rotating them it hasn't really been as necessary and it's also a lot less hassle not having to deal with using it.

8 hours ago, Mmoorhead said:

I'll have to try the caddy daddy claw glove. I just recently got the taylormade leather glove and it feels comfortable and durable, but have only used it once. Time will tell how it holds up. 

Dude, the Claws will immediately feel great - zero break in time vs some of the other leathers... The durability will be in question - time will tell.

• Driver: default_taylormade-small.jpgM1 450
  • Fairway: default_ping-small.jpg.bba83d4f21432de50efc14846abd81cd.jpg i25 #3W 
  • Rescue: default_ping-small.jpg.bba83d4f21432de50efc14846abd81cd.jpg i15 23 Degree
  • Irons: default_ping-small.jpg.bba83d4f21432de50efc14846abd81cd.jpg G Max (#5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
  • Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 52 & 56 Degree
  •                   default_callaway-small.jpg.ae8c01d5b99b318879ce60f833a6e5ed.jpg MD-3 Milled S-Grind 60 Degree 
  •                   default_callaway-small.jpg Mack Daddy M-Grind 64 Degree
  • Putter: default_odyssey-small.jpg.de8760986d210e135ee954aba8648771.jpg White Hot OG 7 Bird Stroke Lab

31 minutes ago, HotIce said:

Dude, the Claws will immediately feel great - zero break in time vs some of the other leathers... The durability will be in question - time will tell.

Thanks, I appreciate the info. Hopefully there's a glove out there that has both. 

Matt M. 

8 hours ago, ChitownM2 said:

I get about 10 rounds out of my gloves but I'm hoping to extend that now as I recently started rotating them about halfway through the round when they start getting wet from sweat.  I use to wear the same glove all round and I think that was a big contributor to them wearing out.

That's a great idea, I definitely need to do that this year. I typically have a Kirkland Signature glove that I use when I'm playing and a cheaper more durable srixon one I use on the range - occasionally if I'm sweating a lot I'll go back and forth between the two during rounds but I should do what you suggested. I'm sure that would extend the life very well!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

I forgot to add that my golf glove of choice last couple years has been the Zero Friction glove.  Price good, wears well and last quite a while.   And the Velcro stays strong!  FL is tough on gloves, only the strong survive.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I change golf gloves about every 10 rounds.  I then put them in my  bag and use them for practice . 

Srixon Irons

Cobra Driver

Volkey Wedges

Evenroll putter 

3 hole in ones so far ( Ohio, Hawaii, Australia )

I keep my gloves for most of the season here, about six months. I like to think my gripping the club properly is part of the reason. Second I am not a sweater, because I like it tacky I use a tacky cloth called Gorilla Grip, then store both the glove and the cloth in a good plastic bag tith a tight seal in my bag. I think the Gorilla Grip helps by me not having to grip it so tightly.

I get a lot of use from a glove now, but remember when I was learning I would rip 4-5 gloves per year. One day my dad said " that's because your grip is wrong" and something about the physics clicked. I stopped wearing through the palm once I thought about how my club handle was interacting with my palm.

Another factor is it took me 10 years to figure out I'm not Men med but rather Men M/L in most brands. Having the wrong fit can accelerate a glove's demise.

Finding a way to turn birdies into bogeys since 1992. #TeamChunks

'23 Forum Tester: image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.png Elixir Golf Ball

WITB:image.png.3fd681db3510b6ca5b9cd8746bbb1447.pngTS2 10.5° @ 11.25° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgTensei blue AV 55 R graph•917f2 15° @ 16.5° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgDiamana blue x5ct dialed 70 R graph•image.png.34e4547e173a54172ff78e7545cfce3c.pngStealth 22° image.png.3e3fd052b67b6f62d3666b666d7109fe.png Ventus red 6 (non-velo) R graph• image.png.8fb479c452fc063454e923dea514c13d.png699u 2i 17° image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png tgi 70 R graph•24° image.png.d2eb192c22d125fefbd3607df7e0b327.png Tour v 90 black pvd R steel•699 6i-PW image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png Tour 110 black pvd R steel• image.png.eca9fa52c016ce4745893f387fef46df.pngSM8 50°/08° @ 52°/10° SM8 stock steel• image.png.3a7bdc80b43a23d4e08c16f2f319cc28.pngJaws Full Toe 56°/12° Screenshot_20230525_002154_Google2.jpg.c2d23d7abfb8451e510d254517410b64.jpgDG Spinner TI steel •image.png.98634e318580c192c5682c5d7f2a763a.png c series DW 2.0 slant neck stock steel•image.png.13e1aa1ef13bc0a92bb27f2e4df082a9.pngPhantom 2 gps•Tour v3 rangefinder•image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.pngElixir golf ball•

The upcoming red rooster test made me look up the brand and now I'm a little interested in the quality of these gloves.  They are charging as much as almost any tour grade glove out there from the major brands.  I was really expecting them to be providing that level of quality at a somewhat substantial discount, but that is not the case.  Even with the subscription option these cost as much as buying a new FJ Stasof and more than a Titleist Perma-soft or comparable Nike, TM or Callaway glove.

Anybody here try them already and can give me a preview of what I can expect the upcoming testers to say?  Is there some kind of magic leather they are using that makes them soft but with incredibly durability?   I've tried a lot of gloves in my life and durability and thickness always seem to be on the opposite side of the spectrum of feel.  Hard thick leather is always durable but you lose a ton of feel and then the softer and thinner the leather becomes the greater the feel gets but those are the ones that end up tearing after a couple rounds in 90 degree heat and 100% humidity.

My glove usually lasts 2 months in the summer and 6 months the rest of the year. I play 3 to 4 times a week and I live in Florida so what happens is the inside of my glove gets slick with sweat.  I rotate 3 gloves during 18 holes in the summer.  I found a company called MG Golf.  Great leather gloves for 6.50.  

Driver Paradym X 9.5

Great Big Bertha fairway woods 3,5,7,9

Great Big Bertha Irons 6-Approach Wedge

Cobra Snakebite Wedges 52 and 56 Degree

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Putter

If you like the MG, then You will like the Kirkland as well. Both have low price points. I have arthritis in both my thumbs and index fingers so prefer a “thicker and padded” glove. I have been using the Bionic brand. My hands sweat quite a bit and these gloves hold up surprisingly well despite the price. The last glove lasted six months before becoming unplayable. Thicker may not be the right term but they are comfortable and durable.

Edited by Divescribe

The Big Man

8 minutes ago, Divescribe said:

If you like the MG, then You will like the Kirkland as well. Both have low price points. I have arthritis in both my thumbs and index fingers so prefer a “thicker and padded” glove. I have been using the Bionic brand. My hands sweat quite a bit and these gloves hold up surprisingly well despite the price. The last glove lasted six months before becoming unplayable. Thicker may not be the right term but they are comfortable and durable.

are those the Kirkland "Signature"?

ALL :callaway-small:

Paradym 10.5*(11.5*) (Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver 60/KBS TD)

Apex UW 17* (Tensei AV Blue 75)

Apex Pro 21 Hybrid 20*/23* (KBS Hybrid)

Paradym 6-PW (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Face Chrome 48* (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Chrome Full Toe 54*/ 58* (Nippon Pro Modus 115 Wedge)

Jaws Full Toe Black Wedge 64* (DG Tour Issue Spinner 115)

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

I’d say the average glove lasts about 5-7 rounds before a rip in the palm.

Right now I’m going through a pile of MG gloves. For their price and cheap custom option, they’ve been great.  I’ll get the occasional rip on the first round which is annoying but kind of expected at the price point. 

if you are ripping gloves in the first round, my guess is you have wrong size or gripping too high on the golf club.  Just my opinion.

Driver Paradym X 9.5

Great Big Bertha fairway woods 3,5,7,9

Great Big Bertha Irons 6-Approach Wedge

Cobra Snakebite Wedges 52 and 56 Degree

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Putter

The lifespan of a golf glove can vary depending on the frequency of use and the quality of materials used in manufacturing. Typically, a high-quality leather glove should last between 10-20 rounds before showing signs of wear and tear. However, synthetic gloves may not last as long due to their less durable material composition. And if you want your golf glove to last longer, make sure to store it properly after each round by avoiding direct sunlight or extreme temperatures that could damage its delicate materials.

On 4/7/2023 at 3:02 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

I have a glove compartment and use a 3 glove Rotation. I expect mine to be good for 10 or so rounds and know they loose performance after that.

In the past I have always bought under armour gloves.

I keep my gloves in the box they come in after the round.  I love the Red Rooster storage locker and am thinking about getting one.  Another question?  Do you leave your glove on for the entire round?  When do you take it off?  I remove the glove after every shot.  I feel like this also extends the life and quality of the glove.

3 minutes ago, PGU67 said:

I keep my gloves in the box they come in after the round.  I love the Red Rooster storage locker and am thinking about getting one.  Another question?  Do you leave your glove on for the entire round?  When do you take it off?  I remove the glove after every shot.  I feel like this also extends the life and quality of the glove.

Forget if it was this thread or another, but there seems to be two camps. On and never off till they leave the course and off after every shot. I fall into the later category.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Forget if it was this thread or another, but there seems to be two camps. On and never off till they leave the course and off after every shot. I fall into the later category.

I have also been trying to take it off after every shot this year as well, or at least undo the Velcro closure. This was a topic of conversation that came up in the glove on or off when you putt thread a few weeks back. Some members said they used the glove on as their cue to get locked in or focused mode. I’ve been trying to incorporate that into my game this year to see if it will help. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

Rotate gloves.  I keep multiple in the bag for that reason, especially in bad weather.  Well ... the real reason is that my hands sweat more than an cat in a room full of rocking chairs. 🤣

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

My glove of choice is the FootJoy HyperFlex and they last.  I make sure they fit properly and they last for months.  I play three times a week and get hard before I wear they out.   When playing I never take it off during a round.  Awesome glove.  

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

I wear my gloves until I get a hole in my thumb or fingers. Foot Joy used to be my go to glove, but I started wearing Master Grip gloves. They are much cheaper then Foot Joy , and last as long or longer. If you haven't tried Master Grip, give them a go.

I use gloves until they get a hole in them or they lose their Velcro durability.  After rounds, I tend to just Velcro it to my bag so it is readily available.  I tend to lean more towards Callaway golf gloves that I buy in 2-3 packs at PGA Superstore.  I have had good luck with them and long durability.

Avid Average golfer who loves to have fun on the course

Florida golfer, so like most I play with, I have two gloves in play most rounds.  Mine tend to get dirty and then they lose their 'grip' after about a dozen or two rounds.  I also wear out the heel occasionally as I land the butt of the club there with my grip.  I play 3 times a week, so I get about a month or a month and a half per glove.  I prefer a soft full leather glove, and have found the MG brand out of Texas fit me well and sell for $8 or so.  I tried the Kirkland glove to but the fit was not as good.  Trust me, I like the FJ, Titleist, and Callaway products too, but they are double or triple the MG glove. 

Dave Mueller

Bought PGA Superstore house brand...two wore out in a single day of range warm up and round of golf. I told store Mgr and he shrugged his shoulders.

My footjoy gloves seem to last at least six or more rounds. The get crusty before they fall apart.

My Kirkland gloves are holding up well to several rounds each.

I will play a glove with a small tear if material in fingers is otherwise supple.

Driver FW - Titleist 917

Irons 4 to 8 - Titleist T300 2° flat

Irons 9 to wedges - George Nicoll Royal musclebacks 70s vintage

Putter - Scotty Cameron Select blackout

I am using Bender Mesh Gloves which have great fit, cool patterns, and thin, tacky, ultra soft  cabretta palm and thumb for feel and control (MyGolfspy for whatever reason did not include these in their review and comparison of gloves recently).  They have a feel similar to the premium Titleist Players series.   Pricing is great and return customers get 10-15% discount on their already reasonable $$17-20 per unit,  with specials running frequently, often with free shipping.  Check them out !!!

Now on to the question at hand:  I store my glove by wrapping the velcro strap around the carry handle on my bag and letting it hang dry.  I play 3x/week and practice 3x/week for 2 hrs.  A glove typically lasts 4 weeks before it loses its softness and I then discard it.  I don't alternate or switch gloves.  I have yet to develop a hole in any glove. I don't see a need for a glove storage box although they have one available which can contain up to 3 gloves.