Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Is this a good deal?

jamo

Do you guys think this course membership is a good deal for $545?

Unlimited play on an 18 hole course (very nice course, good conditions)

Unlimited play on a 9 hole par 3 course

Tournaments every week in July and August

Discounted range tokens

10% off lessons

Free club fitting if a club is purchased

If you guys really want the name of the course I can give it to you, but otherwise: it's a really nice, challenging course. It can play easy from the front tees and a monster from the long tees. The range is also nice and includes a short game area.

Is that $545 for the year? If so, then please tell me where it is so that I can move next door. Where I live that is an unheard of deal. Annual passes at dog tracks cost over $1,500.

Yes it is, but I get a special membership because I am under 18 (I'm 17).

Best way to figure this out is take the greens fees and multiply time s the rounds you expect to play. If it is more that $545 it is a good deal.

Well, probably it is more than $545, good advice. Not to mention the discounts on range tokens.

Yes it is, but I get a special membership because I am under 18 (I'm 17).

Man, take advantage of those kinds of deals while you can. You won't get them again until you're real old. I'm very jealous of that deal, I would be out playing every single day.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Man, take advantage of those kinds of deals while you can. You won't get them again until you're real old. I'm very jealous of that deal, I would be out playing every single day.

sounds like a very good deal. If you have the money, go for it. I'm trying to decide where I'm playing this year. Trust me, if I could play for $500 I would.

• SPY VIP

Well, probably it is more than $545, good advice. Not to mention the discounts on range tokens.

Now you mentioned getting a job at a course or something golf related. Obviously at 17 your income situation is likely different from someone working full time.

545 is a very big number then. what about a course job where you can play for free or at a discount

snack shack for free golf and a couple of bucks in pocket is an excellent option

one I actually look at during the summers off.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Now you mentioned getting a job at a course or something golf related. Obviously at 17 your income situation is likely different from someone working full time.

545 is a very big number then. what about a course job where you can play for free or at a discount

snack shack for free golf and a couple of bucks in pocket is an excellent option

This must be a teacher thing, because I'm looking to get the same kind of working situation this summer.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

This must be a teacher thing, because I'm looking to get the same kind of working situation this summer.

Volunteer marshal in the morning, play in the afternoon for free maybe the best deal.

Volvo Intorqueo

I get free golf this summer. Being on the Greens crew rocks.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

• SPY VIP

I get free golf this summer. Being on the Greens crew rocks.

See Jamo, Funky has the right idea. Look for a job where you would want to play and then if that falls through, pay

Volvo Intorqueo

If I do get the job I have enough money in the bank to be able to get the membership, not to mention that the place I am trying to get the job at is a driving range, where I could get money off range balls.

See Jamo, Funky has the right idea. Look for a job where you would want to play and then if that falls through, pay

If I can I will, it is hard to get a job as a 17 year old because so many people are looking for jobs and places normally would rather hire people who are older.

• SPY VIP

If I can I will, it is hard to get a job as a 17 year old because so many people are looking for jobs and places normally would rather hire people who are older.

Sell them on your youthful energy and desire then. Confidence in an interview situation goes a long way. Act like you want it, and that they would benefit from having you.

Sets up a more powerful mental position when dealing with the stress of interviewing and job hunting

Volvo Intorqueo

Sell them on your youthful energy and desire then. Confidence in an interview situation goes a long way. Act like you want it, and that they would benefit from having you.

Sets up a more powerful mental position when dealing with the stress of interviewing and job hunting

I will try. I left my name and phone number with an employee to give to the owner/ PGA pro and I will either wait for a call or go in and see him later this week.

I started when I was 16. concentrated on highschool for 2 years and now I am back on the crew at 19. Its a small time Muni but hey, free golf is free golf...

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

• SPY VIP

I started when I was 16. concentrated on highschool for 2 years and now I am back on the crew at 19. Its a small time Muni but hey, free golf is free golf...

Well said. If you are hitting balls for free and it is not in your backyard, it is a great deal.

Volvo Intorqueo

• SPY VIP

Is this the set up that you have? I would take that in a minute. Particularly if I could ride around in the cart with my dog.

...telling people to speed up and confiscating bottled beer. Ah to live the dream. But alas, summer school awaits...

Volvo Intorqueo

sounds like a very good deal. If you have the money, go for it. I'm trying to decide where I'm playing this year. Trust me, if I could play for $500 I would.

Or hit your parents up for it Jamo. Either way, smoking deal. Memberships like that usually don't include cart. You didn't mention that in the price so I'm assuming its included.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I think you're looking for the wrong jobs.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

That's a great deal for a membership... I was talking to a guy at work today and he is signing up for a membership at a decent course for $690... that includes greens fees, and nothing else... the driving range is another $100 and $10/per round for a cart...

If I were you, I'd find a way to do it...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Or hit your parents up for it Jamo. Either way, smoking deal. Memberships like that usually don't include cart. You didn't mention that in the price so I'm assuming its included.

I'm gonna try, getting the job will probably make them more inclined to help me out though.

I won't rub it in and tell you what I pay then..........

I have a revolving WITB policy.

Archived