FlightScope Progression Series: 2023 Forum Member Review

GolfSpy_APH

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Got my video and initial run and will have something up tomorrow but for now 🤤

IMG_3284.jpeg

IMG_3269.png

Fantastic and exciting! Is this from the swing your posted on IG?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

So not sure? I don’t believe this is the face impact location? Struggling to find it but I do like this view! I like the reassurance of changing my AOA to negative (used to be +1 or 2)IMG_3290.pngIMG_3287.png

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

37 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Fantastic and exciting! Is this from the swing your posted on IG?

No it was not 😂 the instagram was a thing 48*….of course I had 3 good swings in a row and she got the thinny 😂

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

4 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

So not sure? I don’t believe this is the face impact location? Struggling to find it but I do like this view! I like the reassurance of changing my AOA to negative (used to be +1 or 2)IMG_3290.pngIMG_3287.png

Love the data available. Awesome that the mevo+ provides that level of detail. Have fun, my friend!

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

27 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

And found impact location! I feel like I’m just scratching the surface of the data provided on this thing! 

Impact is in the dashboard @Josh Parkerand @GolfSpy_BNG

IMG_3292.png

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

9 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

And found impact location! I feel like I’m just scratching the surface of the data provided on this thing! 

IMG_3292.png

Just having the data for gave impact, low point and AOA is just so freaking awesome! 

19 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

IMG_3292.png

Dude, that is SO SICK lol love it man!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

IMG_3292.png

Ah, a nice toey one to show off!

I have to say from the 10 or so swings I put on the Mevo+ today I was seriously impressed by how quickly it could calculate the carry distance and read it out to you. The ball wasn’t even done bouncing around the cage before the numbers were being spit out at us. 

looking forward to more rounds once you have e6 set up! Just please get a propane heater. 🤣

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

8 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Home course advantage baby! Im training in the cold!

im finding I am fairly toe/center consistently going to be a good concentration point to correct over the next few months 

To be fair it actually wasn’t bad until it started snowing. The three closed sides kept most the wind off.

Even if it was 80* in there I’m still not swinging fast this time of year! 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 hour ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

To be fair it actually wasn’t bad until it started snowing. The three closed sides kept most the wind off.

Even if it was 80* in there I’m still not swinging fast this time of year! 

Yeah, going from Whack-F@#%!  to  Snap-F@#%! would not be good!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

3 minutes ago, Byrnzee said:

First Mevo Session:

This weekend I was able to get a solid session with the Mevo at my local simulator. The simulator has Trackman monitors, so it was nice to get a side by side comparison between the Mevo and what I would call the "industry standard" for launch monitors.

The setup at the simulator was pretty standard, with a turf mat and a projector screen. The Trackman monitor was behind the hitting area. I set up the Mevo right in front of the Trackman so I could ensure the data would be as comparable as possible between the two devices:

72663129495__908F0F3D-E0D3-4530-B46C-0902539CBFDF.jpeg.b07f864ce141a6760aaa5e0b9dc6a3e1.jpeg

I made sure to measure out the distance between the Mevo and the hitting area to exactly 6 feet. From testing out the device after first receiving it, I would say that it is extremely important to set up your ball correctly. You need to ensure it's exactly 6 feet away (or a further distance that you can specify in the app) as well as directly in line with the device and on the same elevation. I accidentally lined up off center a few times and there were noticeable differences between the data.

Also, I believe that lighting is incredibly important for accurate data. As you can see from the simulator setup picture above, the lighting is most prominent directly over the hitting area, while the area near my bag and the launch monitors is more shadowed. I believe this lead to some discrepancies between data for both monitors as well.

FS Golf App:

I downloaded the FS Golf app when the device first arrived and I was really impressed with all of the features available. The app is very user friendly and easy to navigate:

IMG_5384.png.17832c9bb78a0be66379a523ec3af1cb.png

Before my first session, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. But the app makes it incredibly easy to start using the monitor. You can just click on "Full Swing Session," and adjust your settings as needed before you start hitting:

1. Select Your Mode: choose between Outdoor, Indoor, or Pitching
  2. Set up Your Radar: ensure your monitor is setup at the appropriate distance from the ball
  3. Adjust Altitude: choose between Sea Level and Current Altitude
  4. Set up Your Session: you can name your session, choose who is participating (how many players), which clubs are being used and which balls are being used

IMG_5385.png.06a7c1df9ae1fc4dba5aac17c31c45b6.pngIMG_5386.png.d9ed004d479c54dfa33694ce19a8afd3.pngIMG_5387.png.8a0eac28492e8693e52e9bc90e76b6a8.png

You can even add multiple people to the session and edit your clubs and balls used to keep track of your personal bag. I was very impressed with the ease of setup within the app. After everything was setup and your device is appropriately positioned, you can select the club being used, press "Start New Session" and just start hitting. 

Data from Session:

The feedback from hitting a shot is instant - you hear the device make a sound to notify you that a shot was registered. In addition, it will tell you what the carry distance is out loud (can be changed in settings if you're in a public space). After you hit a shot, there are several ways that you can view the data:

IMG_5389.png.4607d0b103ff93bd6e316d8091d4f903.png

I believe the app defaults to the dashboard, but you can easily switch between these views by pressing the 4 boxes icon at the top of the screen:

IMG_5393.jpeg.bdf00edfc5aa61d670450d4bcf948ed1.jpeg

As you can see in the screenshot above on the Dashboard view, these are the eight datapoints available with the Mevo:

1. Carry Distance
  2. Club Speed
  3. Ball Speed
  4. Spin
  5. Smash Factor
  6. Launch Angle
  7. Height
  8. Flight Time

For such a small device, this is a TON of data at your fingertips. Being able to understand what these figures mean and how they can apply to your game can really make a difference. 

It also was really cool to see the side view for your shots to understand where they are peaking in the trajectory:

IMG_5394.png.7c7fb8baacd3b8d9c060c67169436126.png

You can also hide the data on the right and show all of your shots for each club from a particular session to get a better understanding of consistency as well as a visual for good shots vs. mishits:

IMG_5395.png.0ba5b444498345736c9473905e5269d0.png

The last view available was the Data Table, where you're able to see a detailed spreadsheet with those eight datapoints mentioned above, as well as averages and deviations for each club in a given session:

IMG_5397.png.f58ad07052ac43361a3bbb05a9896776.pngIMG_5398.png.e3c0b8c61f4d304f0c12c653d91daa84.png

I didn't want to post too much in this first session post (probably too late for that); but hopefully this gives you all some insight into my testing process as well as some information about the Mevo that you might have not known beforehand.

Going forward, I'm going to provide some side by side data between the Mevo and the Trackman to see how close the data is and what improvements can be made in order to get the most accurate results from your Mevo monitor.

If you have any specific questions or comments, feel free to tag me in a response below or PM me!

72663129495__908F0F3D-E0D3-4530-B46C-0902539CBFDF.jpeg

Great info and testing. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

6 minutes ago, Byrnzee said:

First Mevo Session:

This weekend I was able to get a solid session with the Mevo at my local simulator. The simulator has Trackman monitors, so it was nice to get a side by side comparison between the Mevo and what I would call the "industry standard" for launch monitors.

The setup at the simulator was pretty standard, with a turf mat and a projector screen. The Trackman monitor was behind the hitting area. I set up the Mevo right in front of the Trackman so I could ensure the data would be as comparable as possible between the two devices:

72663129495__908F0F3D-E0D3-4530-B46C-0902539CBFDF.jpeg.b07f864ce141a6760aaa5e0b9dc6a3e1.jpeg

I made sure to measure out the distance between the Mevo and the hitting area to exactly 6 feet. From testing out the device after first receiving it, I would say that it is extremely important to set up your ball correctly. You need to ensure it's exactly 6 feet away (or a further distance that you can specify in the app) as well as directly in line with the device and on the same elevation. I accidentally lined up off center a few times and there were noticeable differences between the data.

Also, I believe that lighting is incredibly important for accurate data. As you can see from the simulator setup picture above, the lighting is most prominent directly over the hitting area, while the area near my bag and the launch monitors is more shadowed. I believe this lead to some discrepancies between data for both monitors as well.

FS Golf App:

I downloaded the FS Golf app when the device first arrived and I was really impressed with all of the features available. The app is very user friendly and easy to navigate:

Before my first session, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. But the app makes it incredibly easy to start using the monitor. You can just click on "Full Swing Session," and adjust your settings as needed before you start hitting:

2. Set up Your Radar: ensure your monitor is setup at the appropriate distance from the ball
  4. Set up Your Session: you can name your session, choose who is participating (how many players), which clubs are being used and which balls are being used

IMG_5385.png.06a7c1df9ae1fc4dba5aac17c31c45b6.pngIMG_5386.png.d9ed004d479c54dfa33694ce19a8afd3.pngIMG_5387.png.8a0eac28492e8693e52e9bc90e76b6a8.png

You can even add multiple people to the session and edit your clubs and balls used to keep track of your personal bag. I was very impressed with the ease of setup within the app. After everything was setup and your device is appropriately positioned, you can select the club being used, press "Start New Session" and just start hitting. 

Data from Session:

The feedback from hitting a shot is instant - you hear the device make a sound to notify you that a shot was registered. In addition, it will tell you what the carry distance is out loud (can be changed in settings if you're in a public space). After you hit a shot, there are several ways that you can view the data:

I believe the app defaults to the dashboard, but you can easily switch between these views by pressing the 4 boxes icon at the top of the screen:

As you can see in the screenshot above on the Dashboard view, these are the eight datapoints available with the Mevo:

1. Carry Distance
  2. Club Speed
  3. Ball Speed
  4. Spin
  5. Smash Factor
  6. Launch Angle
  7. Height
  8. Flight Time

For such a small device, this is a TON of data at your fingertips. Being able to understand what these figures mean and how they can apply to your game can really make a difference. 

It also was really cool to see the side view for your shots to understand where they are peaking in the trajectory:

You can also hide the data on the right and show all of your shots for each club from a particular session to get a better understanding of consistency as well as a visual for good shots vs. mishits:

The last view available was the Data Table, where you're able to see a detailed spreadsheet with those eight datapoints mentioned above, as well as averages and deviations for each club in a given session:

IMG_5397.png.f58ad07052ac43361a3bbb05a9896776.pngIMG_5398.png.e3c0b8c61f4d304f0c12c653d91daa84.png

I didn't want to post too much in this first session post (probably too late for that); but hopefully this gives you all some insight into my testing process as well as some information about the Mevo that you might have not known beforehand.

Going forward, I'm going to provide some side by side data between the Mevo and the Trackman to see how close the data is and what improvements can be made in order to get the most accurate results from your Mevo monitor.

If you have any specific questions or comments, feel free to tag me in a response below or PM me!

Great stuff!!

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

First impressions and unboxing video are up! Be sure to check it out here:

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

On 12/18/2023 at 4:49 PM, Lacassem said:

Welcome back to the FlightScope show!

I am really missing the MEVO since I shipped it off to @Luisddavila and am looking forward to his thoughts. Received emails that the order for the MEVO+ was placed and I am SO ready to get back into some data.

Initial Thoughts

Like the MEVO I have similar goals with this:

• Improve my game on the course will always be #1, MEVO was doing that for sure, so with the extra data sets am I able to justify the extra cost in improving my game at a higher and more effective level?
  • I am not the best practice person. I can swing for a while and do not mind hitting 30-40 balls in a session but at the end of the day that can become boring (for me). This is where the simulator comes in, does the simulator add that extra boost for me for more effective practice?
  • Putting data....this one is simple is the data accurate inside the house when I am practicing putting? I am a good putter and get a lot of practice in over the off season on my mat, is this a beneficial tool for that in addition to what I am already doing?
  • Is the setup easy? MEVO was great in this aspect, did not need to fuss with much. Is the MEVO+ as easy or justifiable if its a little more in depth?

image.png

I found this little snippet from another site and it is something that resonates with me. Again I am not a huge numbers person, I can analyze it and digest it but I do not love to get into the weeds of it. I am hoping that I get a really good grasp of what my numbers to good feels are and see a continuous improvement of consistent shots. I hope that I am able to see specifically what I am doing wrong on a consistent basis and make a plan for improvement (which I think will be a lot of simulator time)

I cannot wait to get into this and really ready to get into some good practice routines I was doing already with the MEVO. I know I am not a numbers person but I really loved having that little voice saying "carry distance 200 yards"...even if it was on every other shot....

First Impressions (1/15/2024):

First check out my unboxing video below, lots more to come on the video front, hoping to get some full videos hitting and running through a full swing session once I get the projector up:

Second I have never been more pumped to unbox a test. This equipment is going to be such a game changer.

The unit seems super durable just like the MEVO which is great. The stand like I said in the video seems to be really well designed and sturdy. After unboxing I got the unit charged up and synced ready for a session.

I did struggle with setup. Not because its not intuitive (once I figured it out it was a duhhhh moment), but when setting up your first download of the app (which I did with the MEVO) you register your device and make an account. Well since I already did that I was not sure what I needed to exactly do to link the new unit. There were no instructions on how to do that so it was trial and error until I eventually found it. It's in the settings and you have to change the device from the MEVO to the MEVO+. Once I got that figured out it was smooth sailing.

Quick notes I really like a few new features, among all the obvious stuff with data. Those being the battery/status lights, very handy when playing

IMG_3277.jpg

Also when setting up the unit there are several new features being the tilt/roll which helps you easily setup the unit to make sure its positioned correctly, there is also a camera for ball detection and to make sure you are level where you are hitting

IMG_3270.PNGIMG_3268.PNG

A lot more to come so follow along, going to be a fun ride!

I like that it has the target alignment and leveling feature!  

19 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

I like that it has the target alignment and leveling feature!  

Really helps since my area isn’t the most consistent base!

battery was great. Was 30* today and got 3 hours on it today went down to 30%

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I really enjoyed the intro to the Mevo+ Mark! I was also happy to see the cameo by Winston, dogs make everything better. 

The zip up carrying case is a nice touch and I'm glad to see they went with a longer charging cable. The alignment feature is definitely a step to from the Mevo, although I haven't had any issues with it. 

It's good to hear you got that much time out of it considering how long you used it in the weather you were using it in. Cold weather can just eat up a battery. 

I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your experience with it!

Edited by sirchunksalot

11 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Really helps since my area isn’t the most consistent base!

battery was great. Was 30* today and got 3 hours on it today went down to 30%

That's pretty good!  

On 1/14/2024 at 8:31 PM, GolfSpy BOS said:

Ah, a nice toey one to show off!

I have to say from the 10 or so swings I put on the Mevo+ today I was seriously impressed by how quickly it could calculate the carry distance and read it out to you. The ball wasn’t even done bouncing around the cage before the numbers were being spit out at us. 

looking forward to more rounds once you have e6 set up! Just please get a propane heater. 🤣

What is the low point data tile? I'm not sure I've ever seen (or noticed) that before.

8 minutes ago, Clayton said:

What is the low point data tile? I'm not sure I've ever seen (or noticed) that before.

Guessing this question was really for @Lacassem, but low point should be how far in front or behind the ball the low point of your swing is. IIRC tour players are something in the 4 inch range ahead of the ball with irons. 

think of it as the bottom of your swing arc in relation to the ball:

IMG_8888.webp

20 hours ago, Byrnzee said:

First Mevo Session:

FS Golf App:

Data from Session:

1. Carry Distance
  2. Club Speed
  3. Ball Speed
  4. Spin
  5. Smash Factor
  6. Launch Angle
  7. Height
  8. Flight Time

Awesome first session @Byrnzee! Sounds like it was a very successful first go with it. I know you said you were going to post more about the differences between Trackman & Mevo, but I'm curious what your initial thoughts were on the data between the Trackman & Mevo? 

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

Looks like the Mevo plus is weather delayed. Fingers crossed for a tomorrow delivery

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

21 hours ago, Byrnzee said:

First Mevo Session:

FS Golf App:

Data from Session:

1. Carry Distance
  2. Club Speed
  3. Ball Speed
  4. Spin
  5. Smash Factor
  6. Launch Angle
  7. Height
  8. Flight Time

Great start, @Byrnzee!

#LeftyGang

8 minutes ago, Byrnzee said:

I'll go into more detail on my next write-up, but there were mixed feelings on the data comparison. When a shot was well-struck, the carry distance between the Trackman and Mevo were typically within 1 yard (which I was incredibly impressed by). However, for a mishit the data deviation was much greater. 

In addition, I found that as I moved through my bag to longer clubs, there was a larger discrepancy in the data between the two devices. Again, I think a lot of this might go back to proper setup (distance to the Mevo, being in line with the device, proper lighting, etc.), but I would have assumed you'd get more consistent results for all clubs in the bag.

Lots more testing to be done so stay tuned!

Thanks for this overview. I'm excited to keep following along with everyone.

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

10 hours ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Guessing this question was really for @Lacassem, but low point should be how far in front or behind the ball the low point of your swing is. IIRC tour players are something in the 4 inch range ahead of the ball with irons. 

think of it as the bottom of your swing arc in relation to the ball:

IMG_8888.webp

Makes sense now that I see it is in inches, not degrees as I thought it was. I definitely miss stuff when I'm looking on the phone vs. an iPad or full screen.

38 minutes ago, Byrnzee said:

I'll go into more detail on my next write-up, but there were mixed feelings on the data comparison. When a shot was well-struck, the carry distance between the Trackman and Mevo were typically within 1 yard (which I was incredibly impressed by). However, for a mishit the data deviation was much greater. 

In addition, I found that as I moved through my bag to longer clubs, there was a larger discrepancy in the data between the two devices. Again, I think a lot of this might go back to proper setup (distance to the Mevo, being in line with the device, proper lighting, etc.), but I would have assumed you'd get more consistent results for all clubs in the bag.

Lots more testing to be done so stay tuned!

Definitely something I have noticed with my Mevo in the garage set up is that I get to a point with woods where I cannot eclipse 100 to 101 mph clubhead speed. I finished 2023 between 107-109 and could get up to 111 with the Mevo on the range, but cannot replicate it to this point yet indoors. My lighting is not ideal, so need to swap out some bulbs and see if that makes a difference. 

I find that my irons are quite accurate on good strikes but woods it just isn't there.

#LeftyGang

Just now, Jnoble89 said:

Definitely something I have noticed with my Mevo in the garage set up is that I get to a point with woods where I cannot eclipse 100 to 101 mph clubhead speed. I finished 2023 between 107-109 and could get up to 111 with the Mevo on the range, but cannot replicate it to this point yet indoors. My lighting is not ideal, so need to swap out some bulbs and see if that makes a difference. 

I find that my irons are quite accurate on good strikes but woods it just isn't there.

Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing something similar. Will be interested to see if the improved lighting helps at all

Current WITB:

Bag: image_2024-02-27_104948566.png.b92168231016d467eb3d016dba2075b9.png MV2 Golf Bag

Driver:  image.png G425  Max 9.0º, Graphite Design Tour AD VR-6S

Fairway: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR2 3 wood 15º, Ventus Red 7S, image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR1 5 wood 18º, Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW Blue 65S

Driving Iron: image.png G425 Crossover 2-iron 18º, Aldila Rogue 95TS Graphite 

Irons: image.png.b5950bd367d637859d211fef578a14af.png MP-54 (4-P), Project X 6.0S

Wedges: TM23WDG-MG4-Stacked-Color-OnLight-v1-1024x410.png.ac724a75349db558663486b0cf600638.png 50.09 SB, 54.11 SB, 58.11 SB

Putter: image.png.2a889a80c6a733b582bbac9dbc3cecf2.png California Del Mar, 34.5 Sweet Rollz "Safari" Midsize Grip

Ball: image.png.52cb58764bddc9c00ba3060db6a87cc7.png Tour B XS