TEMU + Golf - woohoo or boohoo?

Rob Person

Anyone else have any golf products from Temu? I followed-up on a post in the Random thread, but thought maybe it would be a good to have a dedicated post to discuss them.

Copy/pasted from my Random Thread reply

"Temu, my wife uses it, and has had zero issues security wise. 50% of their items are sold on amazon and wm, by the same  brand/ companies!

Now, she has bought some items,  and the description, pics, and details were slightly exaggerated . The written out reviews are key!

Some of the golf related items "she may have unknowingly bought for me" over the last 6 months have been: golf pants, golf sneakers, golf brushes, groove cleaner, golf gloves, tees, grips, golf shirts, a putter head cover, rangefinder + case. The clothing items is perhaps the stuff to be most cautious about. The sizing is fine, it's the quality of material that's concerning.  The shirts and pants are very THIN material. 2 pairs of the pants have had false front and back pockets. One pair even had a fake zipper flap on front...lol. of course the pics showed a belt being worn, but the waistband was stretch corded...lol   all of the other golf stuff was actually really decent and has held up well. The rangefinder was a special deal, only $25 iirc. It is as accurate as my brother's Bushnell, has slope option,  and the battery is rechargeable. "

I haven't had any issues with the items failing or breaking from normal use.

I've seen everything from ballmarkers to training aids, bags, nets, accessories, wedge sets, and even full club sets!

The only downsides so far are the 3-4 week delivery wait.

I do my research, and for the price points of most items, there are some deals to be had.

Larger ticket items are hit or miss for pricing value. ie, full golf practice nets range from $60-160 avg. Whereas the name brand version may be $90-250. But some of them are the same product from the same company!

So, have you had any successes or woes?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Pure success here. I've ordered a ton of stuff and all has been solid. Even golf shoes...

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I have admittedly not ordered a lot but I did order golf shoes and I was not pleased. For someone size 12 you have to be careful as shoe sizes may not be as accurate as you may think. Just something to keep in mind!

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

I have had a lot of success, but did run into some problems with black out curtains. All the golf stuff has been wonderful tho. I got a putting Matt, chipping net, puttout, foam golf balls and have other stuff currently coming. 

Samuel Hanvey 

Mine was 50/50. I bought a tri surface hitting mat which has been really nice. I ordered a net that was supposed to be 10' x 7' and it arrived as the smaller sized version, so sent that back. Probably will not be the last time I use Temu, though.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

3 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Mine was 50/50. I bought a tri surface hitting mat which has been really nice. I ordered a net that was supposed to be 10' x 7' and it arrived as the smaller sized version, so sent that back. Probably will not be the last time I use Temu, though.

Yeah, you do have to really look at the size/style options once you click on the product!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

1 minute ago, Rob Person said:

Yeah, you do have to really look at the size/style options once you click on the product!

What I found super funny was that the description was for a 10x7 net, so when I opened it up, it was just priceless. My out loud reaction was, "WTF?" and I just laughed super hard. Would have been a great size for my 4 year old. For me, not so much 😂

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

This is a great topic to bring to  threads. I have been curious about TEMU recently after I got a nice pullover as a gift. 

I have had good luck with athletic appeal from Wish and Temu appears to be a superior version. 

I already told my buddies when it comes scramble time matching outfits from Temu is a must  

Everyone stinks, yes even the pros. Have fun 

Just now, BringerofRain said:

This is a great topic to bring to  threads. I have been curious about TEMU recently after I got a nice pullover as a gift. 

I have had good luck with athletic appeal from Wish and Temu appears to be a superior version. 

I already told my buddies when it comes scramble time matching outfits from Temu is a must  

10 seconds later follow up. Now I have to immediately search Temu  

I wouldn't touch Temu at all. Their security practices for information are lax at best and the app tends to harvest more user info than they actually require.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

2 hours ago, BringerofRain said:

Make sure you order them and the sizes you need all at one time! They dissappear quickly!

3 hours ago, MattF said:

I wouldn't touch Temu at all. Their security practices for information are lax at best and the app tends to harvest more user info than they actually require.

So my wife has done a few things to curb this, and minimize data impact.

1. She uses a burner email account, just for such things. 2. Uses a wiped phone, on wifi only. 3. We have a couple of re-loadable visa type gift cards that are used for 1 time off brand site purchases or repeatedly ordered sites like temu.

Not saying it's perfect, or that it won't happen, but every site you visit is mining data, no matter how secure you think you are online.

So here goes a list of different things I have gotten from there that is golf related.

2 Golf Putting Mats
1 Chipping Net
Ferrules
Golf Gloves
Putting Gate thing (amazon finds article item)
Wire Drill Bits for club building
Club Head stickers (impact locations)
Rubber tees (the ones you can put actual tees into them for better heights)
Crest Practice ball (devil ball knock off)
Umbrella holder for golf cart
Ball marking kit
Golf Ball Marker Level (amazon finds lol) 
Acrylic paint pens
Splash Caddie Brush knock off (maybe my favorite item)
Universal holder for golf cart (water bottle and phone holder)
Golf Shoes (really like these actually, boa and all!)
Callaway Adapter
Chipping discs
Golf shirt (pretty decent)
Mini projector (crap)
Golf Grips 
Golf Shaft Quick Clamp (excellent)

I have also got a bunch of other things which have been surprisingly good for the price (headphones, keyboard, mic, mouse and more tech)

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

They have a putting mirror that has good and mixed reviews I saw today,  also complete grip sets starting at $18 for 10 grips.

2 hours ago, Rob Person said:

They have a putting mirror that has good and mixed reviews I saw today,  also complete grip sets starting at $18 for 10 grips.

I believe @Tom the Golf Nut purchased some grips amongst other items and had no reported issues with the grips he purchased.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

7 hours ago, Rob Person said:

One thing with the grips. Try to stick with lower priced name brands. Saplize is the main one. While not as great quality as the big names, they are better than the rip off brands.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I have bought two pairs of shoes, a putting mat, and a putting trainer thingy.  All are good/great - esp the shoes which are true to size and super comfortable.  

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

I've got a golf shaft vice grip clamp, grips, a knockoff devil ball, a thing for marking triple track lines around a ball, a club scrub brush, one of those chipping games, and a heap of bits and pieces for my dremel that I use for cleaning and restoring old putters and clubs. Never had an issue with any of them, quality has been great, and they've all been super cheap

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

17 hours ago, Rob Person said:

1. She uses a burner email account, just for such things. 2. Uses a wiped phone, on wifi only. 3. We have a couple of re-loadable visa type gift cards that are used for 1 time off brand site purchases or repeatedly ordered sites like temu.

That's a LOT of hoops to jump through to save a few bucks. 

I think I'll stick to Amazon. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

14 hours ago, rkj427 said:

I believe @Tom the Golf Nut purchased some grips amongst other items and had no reported issues with the grips he purchased.

I picked up the GolfPride CP 2 Pro grips and have no issues at all. Seems to be the real deal. Used them all season. So far so good. 
I picked up golf tees, and a putt out and all work well. The golf shirts are on the thinner side but that’s what I was looking for living in central NC. It gets hot and humid here. But they are comfortable. I also picked up a pair of sneakers on a whim. Very comfortable. So much that I got another pair. Light (super lightweight) weight and they were only $12.00 

Key is to read the actual reviews.  In reality most things are coming from China anyway. You’re just cutting out the middle man markups. 
My grips are $10.00 on line or in Dicks. 13 puts me at $130. I got 13 for $23.00 with the discount that Temu offered. I already got a season out of them. Win win in my books. I did have a store purchased grip in my inventory and side by side visual and feel were identical. If they are a knock off. I can’t tell the difference.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I want to pick up this miura irons they have in there. Just to see how close/legit they are. If I had a little expendable income I would be all over it. 

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F3 60X

Callaway X2 Hot 2 Deep 12.5* 

Adams XTD LSP 23* hybrid Aldila rogue black 85X

Nike VR Pro II Blades 5-PW w/ Modus 120X

Nike Wedges

PXG Putter

Just ordered a sunday bag from TEMU.  I saw it in an email and was putting in the credit card number without conscious thought.
for me, targeted ad = dance puppet, dance.
Early January delivery estimate

SundayBag.jpg

10Jan24 - bag arrived.  It's bit smaller than the Costco Sun Mountain Pebble Beach stand bag. 
I was expecting the PGM to be much smaller.

I'm dreaming of warm sunny days to walk 9 with the PGM.
It is not this day.

20240110_142125.gif.b9bdb506b1820cc96827e6dcddd5fbfd.gif

Edited by ZJeb67

Driver/3H :callaway-small: Mavrik 22
5H/SW: :callaway-small:Edge 
5-PW: :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56/60: Kirkland Signature 
Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

19 minutes ago, ZJeb67 said:

Just ordered a sunday bag from TEMU.  I saw it in an email and was putting in the credit card number without conscious thought.
for me, targeted ad = dance puppet, dance.
Early January delivery estimate

SundayBag.jpg

Looks decent!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Hmmm awful cheap on a Scotty headcover lol. 16.48 FTW    image.png.c620c264732d11344b8c573afc7da0d1.png

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

9 minutes ago, BringerofRain said:

Was that purchased? Really interested  to hear the head cover quality? 

They have great reviews on them.

Screenshot_20231231_152158_Temu.jpg.1fe416f1189073c0ad205b062d064bd8.jpgScreenshot_20231231_152225_Temu.jpg.3b2eb3a7ab217e0f3d1600d719e624f2.jpg

5 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

They have great reviews on them.

Screenshot_20231231_152158_Temu.jpg.1fe416f1189073c0ad205b062d064bd8.jpgScreenshot_20231231_152225_Temu.jpg.3b2eb3a7ab217e0f3d1600d719e624f2.jpg

So reviews are weird because there are paid bot accounts for reviews. 

The only thing I trust are the photo reviews.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Even the photo reviews can be suspect. I’ve been “paid” to do a review for a putting mirror before. Essentially, the company funded my PayPal enough to buy the item and I was obligated to write a review with photos. 🤷‍♂️

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

44 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

So reviews are weird because there are paid bot accounts for reviews. 

The only thing I trust are the photo reviews.

I have too agree. I don’t mind taking a risk and going driver off the deck for the $10 but if my partner has a nice lay up in the fairway it definitely takes the pressure off.