Shot Scope Live Q&A 4pm EST! Join Here! ×

TPT Golf Shafts - 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Want to follow our testers posts and progress? Click on their main post links below!
@William P - Main Post 

@Hoyoymac - Main Post 

@RoverRick - Main Post 

@ZackS - Main Post

5 minutes ago, Hoyoymac said:

Tomorrow I’m playing in the Southeast Georgia Senior Inter Club match at Trident Lakes golf club in Kingsland, GA.  The golf course is on the King’s Bay Naval base just north of the Florida border.  It is one of the bases that house nuclear submarines.  

So, to prepare I played a practice round at my home course this morning from the Senior Tees instead of my normal Blue tees, and used my 3 wood to tee off on every hole except for the par 3s and #9.

Got to hit it 14 times today.

Here is an example of one of my drives:

IMG_0680.png.d4aa7d598cee4e99dbafca52d6363dec.png

My 3 wood is a Cobra LTDx 15 degree set at +1.5 and it has been my favorite club in the bag for the past two years.  It is the best fairway wood I’ve ever had and I was pretty nervous about changing shafts on this club. 

By the end of the day I had a big smile on my face.  I felt like I couldn’t miss a fairway.

Only used it for one approach shot today:

IMG_0681.png.a329782387ac48a07b49e264cd978249.png

Shot a very stress free 70 today.  35 on the front and 35 on the back.  3 birdies, one bogey and the rest pars.

The TPT Power Range 17 HI shaft is so stable.  I have a great feeling of control with it.  The shaft has quickly instilled enormous confidence in me.

My favorite club is even better now than before!

Nice round Jordy! Wish you all the best in the tournament tomorrow!

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

@TJ HallChanging three shafts at once is nerve wracking.  Especially when the three clubs they went in are ones that I feel were dialed in pretty well.

The results at the fitting were really good which was exciting and made me hopeful.

But results on the course over multiple rounds are what matter. 

I’ve played 4 rounds of golf and had two range sessions so far with them.

These shafts have required absolutely no adjustment on my part.

Not sure I can adequately verbalize the feeling of stability and control these shafts have given me. 

The most visible and obvious tangible result so far is slightly more distance and better dispersion.

Cobra LTDx LS 9.0 TPT Power Range 18 LO

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 TPT 17 HI

Tour Edge E723 21 degree Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid TPT 17 LO

Corey Paul - 5 & 6 CB with KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Black

Corey Paul 7 - PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Chrome

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60 all with BGT ZNE shafts

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels

2 minutes ago, Hoyoymac said:

@TJ HallChanging three shafts at once is nerve wracking.  Especially when the three clubs they went in are ones that I feel were dialed in pretty well.

The results at the fitting were really good which was exciting and made me hopeful.

But results on the course over multiple rounds are what matter. 

I’ve played 4 rounds of golf and had two range sessions so far with them.

These shafts have required absolutely no adjustment on my part.

Not sure I can adequately verbalize the feeling of stability and control these shafts have given me. 

The most visible and obvious tangible result so far is slightly more distance and better dispersion.

Results are showing…as well as the benefits of being fit for the shafts.

Good luck tomorrow, looking forward to hearing the results!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

To follow up on the quick trackman session I did yesterday. As I stated before the overall numbers are pretty similar for me but the dispersion with the TPT shaft in the driver and 5 wood were both better. 

Here is the 5 wood dispersion (TPT is violet)

5WoodDispersion.png.9021166a96ee6c3efe9b11de254e57aa.png

Here is driver dispersoin (TPT is purple)

DriversDispersion.png.405763708b3ea3036852c15972987abb.png

At the very end since I had a few minutes I decided to circle back to the TPT shaft and hit 6 more shots swinging harder. Not that I was swinging easy on the others. I have been trying to got at it a little more after Jon in the fitting kept telling me to stop guiding it. For reference swing speed then was around 107 mph. The swings above are all average right at 110 mph and the 6 swings below with the TPT average 112 mph. 

DriversFasterTPTDispersion.png.1d82de9fb43203f3bd3a34f9f69ed307.png

As you can see above even swinging harder the dispersion with the TPT was still tighter then the others. Even with 2 of them being decent miss hits. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

Just got home from the tournament.

As predicted from the Sr. Tees I was playing as a +1 today.  Got low gross individually but our team didn’t fare so well in the 4 man combined Net event.  Hard to beat teams that get a lot of strokes.

Used 3 wood mostly off the tee today. Like yesterday it performed extremely well.

I did hit driver 3 times. Two of those drives got me into trouble.

Below is a good example of the course.  Lots of water, dog legs and tight fairways.

IMG_0682.png.c0faf45f1f96f01319c1791b7e8c057e.png

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels

It’s official. It’s TPT vs the world. May 18 & 19. Okay. Perhaps not quite the battle for the free world as we know it, but William P. and I are teaming up for a tournament at my club. 

I’m really looking forward to it, and it is an Invitational 2 Day-2 Man Best Ball Tournament. So we have a goal to work towards. We will have the practice day before then, but it’s just 5 weeks. We will try to get together before then but he is headed on a golf trip, and I have another tournament. 

It will be fun no matter how it turns out. 

Edited by RoverRick

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 15°  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:mizuno-small: ST190 18° on Graphite Design AD DJ 70S 

:ping-small: G425 22°  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Scheduled a sim session yesterday to get some data to share with members and have to say I'm not impressed with my ability set up and aim properly related to range on the screen. I was all over the place with regards to dispersions and shot shape.  Next visit will include alignment sticks to use as reference to keep me on track. Then to top it off the report generator on the trackman system I was on wasn't working either and the attendant could not correct the issue. Fortunately, I took a picture of the screen tables before shutting it all down. I have provided average data for each shaft below. I was so frustrated with my swing that I cut the session short after the hybrid testing and have a lesson scheduled Friday to see if we can figure out what I have to do to get back on track. 

Then I will need to find a simulator that will give me reports to share here.

Hybrid  TSR2  18* 

SHAFT                                              Club Speed     Ball Speed     Smash F     Spin Rate       Carry         Total

TPT 17 LO HYBRID                              86.8                126.1               1.45           4465           187.6         201.0

Proj X Hzdrouz Blk Smoke 6.0           84.8                118.1               1.40           4850           170.4         182.8

The TPT shaft is clearly showing improved performance characteristics and as I said earlier in my comments, I am loving the results of this shaft, terrible swing and all.

Now to get my swing better sorted this Friday and move on to the 3W and driver, although early indications lead me to believe I should experience similar results.

As a side note, I went to the range today to hit a small bucket and stay loose and had no issues with alignment and shot shape or direction. Maybe I'm overthinking it on the sim? At any rate lesson is still on for Friday...

Edited by William P

ELIXR (2022)

I was able to get a quick 9 in after work. I was a little all over and ended up shooting 4 over.

Hole 1 -  driver pulled a little into the left rough

Hole 2 -  driver, came out the swing a bit but despite that still hit just in the right rough about 280. Second shot into the par 5 the ball was about a foot and a half above my feet. Chocked all the way down on my hybrid and some how it it dead straight. The problem being I was aiming right expecting it to go left off that lie and ended up landing on the cart path which sent my ball into the river behind the green. 

Hole 3 - Driver on a drivable par 4 if I hit one really good. But after 1 left and 1 right I went full Tin Cup and got into my head and almost toped it 🤣

Hole 5 - Driver again and was able to get out of my head and just swing and hit it 350 right down the middle. 

Hole 6 - is a short par 4, dog leg right is even shorter as the back tee boxes have fell into the river. Tried to hit a hight hard cut with my hybrid. I hit the correct shape but quite a bit right. I wasn’t able to convince myself to start it left enough as at the green you have 5 yards at most to the left and behind before you are in the river. So not only if I didn’t cut it but if I just hit normal full length it would be in the river. To be honest if I wasn’t testing I would probably have got down a club to know that normal length would be just short and trying to see if I could stretch it out and roll it on. 

Hole 8 - Tight par 4 with OB on both sides. Pulled 5 wood and trying to keep it low out of the wind and hit it a little thin so stayed really low. It went right on the start line but with how low I hit it ended up catching a fairway bunker that sticks out and got stuck in the lip. 

Hole 9 - another hard tee shot that driver it to much and can roll into the water through the fairway and it also dog legs around water to the left. I pulled my 5 wood left of were I was aiming but I thought it was still okay but turns out it either caught the water on the left or rolled through into the water past the fairway as that part is dead and hard pan right now. 

Not a great day but I can blame the shafts. Especially not for my mental errors. I am still really enjoying them and thinking back on the miss hit drivers the dispersion really was pretty good for what I felt the swing was and no shaft can fix it I just put a bad swing on it. 

WITB:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Heading to Phoenix to see my Mother and play some golf.

My brother is also coming out at the end of the week because his middle daughter is moving there.  My sister and her daughter live there too.

Haven’t seen my Mom in a few years.  Will get to see my new grand niece and grand nephew as well.

Short layover in Dallas due to my flight from Savannah being delayed.  Luckily the next flight was just a couple of gates down. Quick bathroom break and grabbed a brisket sandwich combo meal and will eat it on the plane.

Hoping my golf clubs make it.

Made it to Phoenix last night.  Everything worked out after all.  

Got up early to play golf with a friend at the Grayhawk Golf Club in Scottsdale.

Beautiful course paired with a beautiful day.

From tee to green my buddy John and I were great!

Another 71% fairways hit for me.  

The ball definitely goes further here than at home.  Firmer fairways, warmer temps, higher elevation. All contributed to some of my longest drives of the year.

My longest drive of the day benefitted from catching the backside of a hill on a long par 5.

IMG_0688.png.d82254f43b4357ff685ed24581eb5259.png

The greens however were evil. Rock hard, large, undulating and very fast.  Had a very bad putting day. 5.6 strokes worse than my 50 round average.  I had trouble with both the read and the speed.

Hopefully I’ll score better tomorrow.  We’re playing at The Raven Golf Club in Phoenix.

Got another 9 in after work yesterday and shot even par 36 with a couple of really good up and downs and one long putt.  Played the back tees which is 3622 yards on the card. The tees where up some on the 2 par 3's so it played a little shorter but not on the 4 and 5's which is why I wanted to play the back to put a little more pressure on the tee shots. I was happy with my performance off the tee, really the only issues I blame on the mental game and bailing way for trouble other then one but we will get to that. 

Hole 1. Could not have a better start, wind from the right I cut the ball back into it about 300 yards right down the middle. Hit it to about 25 feet and 2 putted for par. 

Hole 2. Is a par 5 hard dog leg left. If you get to left you can get blocked out by a big tree. I wanted to hug the left side but I pushed it a little right and was on the fairway by about a foot. This left me just over 220 yards on a slight down hill lie into a narrow green that runs front to back at about a 45 degree angle to with a deep bunker running on the short right side and drops off on the left and long. This gives you about a 10 to 12 yard landing area from where I was. Pulled my hybrid and tried to cut it but off that lie was hard to do so ending up going basically straight and landed on the back edge of  the green and ran down the hill. Made a good up and down for birdie. 

Hole 3. Shorter 4 par with wind from the right and slightly behind. Pulled 5 wood and since my miss with this club is a pull draw aimed right edge of the fairway and did end up hitting that pull draw into the left side of the fairway. Hit it to 15 feet and 2 putted for par.

Hole 4. Hit this one a low on the face but was right down the middle and with it a little down hill still got it out there about 280 with only about 10 feet of roll on a soft fairway. I pulled my second shot left a log but made a really good up and down for par. 

Hole 6. This is a long par 5 that dog legs left along the river the whole way. It's literally fairway then river, not rough in between. So this is the first of the above referenced bailed away from trouble swings. Though when I look back at the swing I didn't do it as much as I thought as I was aiming right edge of the fairway and it did start basically on that line and with the wind in and from the left a roughly 20 yard miss right is not horrible. But I was wanting to draw it so there is that. Was behind a trees on the second shot so had to lay pretty far back and ending up with a par with a nice 2 putt from about 60 feet. 

Hole 7. Another hole that dog legs around the river and this is probably about a 70 to 80 degree dog leg. With wind from the left on this one I pulled 5 wood thinking my I could be aggressive with my normal pull draw miss and if I hit it straight I go through the fairway which is not great but not a penalty.  Now this swing is 100% bail away from trouble swing leaving the face open and going through the fairway which drops down a big hill. This left me about 245 back up the hill into the wind. I hit 5 wood again but hit it really well. Hit the top of the very last tree and kicked the ball back and to the left. This left me 45 yards and I hit it to 1 foot and saved par. 

Hole 9. This is the #2 handicap hole at 450 yards with water all the way down the left in which also comes out in front and behind the green as well. It was also into the wind. As referenced above this is the one that got me into trouble. with it being 450 and playing back into the wind today I was trying to give this drive a little more and was determined to commit and not to bail away from trouble. I was aiming down the right side of the fairway trying to draw it back and just started it a little left and ended up turning into the water. While this was not a good result I was happy with the fact I committed to the swing. After a drop I hit a pour 3rd but luckily was to the right in the one spot there is not water. Out of the long rough and having to go over a bunker with little green to work with I hit it just on the fringe on the far side of the green. But ended up making that put from about 33 feet with it breaking right and running way. Also just because I had the time I hit a second drive on the 9th with the same commitment and hit this one down the right side where I was aiming like 320 to 330 into the wind. 

Here is a quick video showing my tee shots other than #2 as I was playing through a group. 

WITB:

Lesson this afternoon was interesting and proved to be very fruitful. Interesting in that changes needed are very minor and fruitful in that I was launching the ball off the tee again. Instructor started with typical iron warm up routine and observations which led to two discussion and focus points. Then we moved to the driver and another focus point was discovered.

1. Grip:     L/H grip position was fine; however, right hand was a little weak.

2. Clubface:    Slightly open at set up and throughout swing. 

3. Downswing:     Little to no weight shift (hanging back) with the driver. 

Made changes to the R/H grip position easily but when squaring up the clubface it appeared closed to me which took a bit to accept. Of course, shots hit after these changes were left of intended target but at least I was making contact and getting it off the tee again. Not sure why I was hanging back but once he identified the issue, I was able to correct it unconsciously while focusing on the other changes.

After 5-10 swings I finally returned to making good solid contact and launching the ball. It was a relief to finally understand what I was doing and know what is necessary to get back on track. 

No range time tomorrow due to what is termed as a solid 100% chance of soaking rain. Will attempt to back after it Sunday afternoon providing range is open as now, I feel I can do the TPT shafts some justice again.

Posted in the Good Evening thread as well as here.

Edited by William P

ELIXR (2022)

Yesterday I played at the Raven golf club.

Have been great from tee to green out here but the greens have absolutely mystified me.  If I could have only putted better….

Here’s my only birdie of the day.

IMG_0695.png.774b135cf0820b67e4dc4d59754fb29a.png

Played yesterday and this morning at We Ko Pa resort. Both yesterday and today I putted better and the greens were not quite as firm so were more receptive to approach shots.

The battery was low on my Arccos Link Pro, because I forgot to charge it overnight, and so I wasn’t able to use it during yesterday’s round at the other course at the resort.  (Alcohol may have been involved) 😀

Here’s my longest drive from today:

IMG_0700.png.25a5cf3f1c9da2ffda94cb4de023aca0.png

I played 4 courses in 4 days and what I struggled most with was just not knowing the courses.  Unfamiliarity with the greens was definitely an issue.

The courses are also very different than back home in lots of ways.

Not all of my tee shots were perfect this week and I did have a few wayward shots, but over the past 4 rounds playing out here in Arizona I lost only two balls.

The TPT Golf shafts were a big part of why my tee to green game was so good.

Ok guys let’s hear about that fairway wood. Easier to hit off the turf? Higher launch?

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

The fairway wood shaft for me is about like the hybrid. Numbers wise it's a toss up when comparing to my current shaft. Have hit them on a SIM a few times and one time the TPT spun a little more with slightly more peak hight and the next was opposite. One of the sessions was on trackman so I was able to see strike location and that day my strike was a little more centered with the TPT shaft and it had lower spin. So this leads me to believe that the differences on the other session was strike related as well. The one that was consistent with both sessions was the dispersion was a little better with the TPT shaft. Which this so far has held true with all 3 shafts for me. 

WITB:

SIM session scheduled for Tuesday afternoon with focus on 3W and TPT fairway shaft to gather performance data. On course results showed significant gains over my HZDRUS Black 5.5 gamer. Distance increased 10% on average or 21 yards with a longest ever shot of 252 yards. Off the tee the shaft is 100% FIR, and the dreaded pull hook has disappeared from my shot repertoire for the time being with this club setup. Ball flight has been medium high and nicely penetrating into the wind. Getting the ball launched from fairway lies has been no issue and the flight characteristics are consistent with those off the tee.

Hope to have some good data to share tomorrow evening with dispersion, height, and spin metrics. 

Edited by William P

ELIXR (2022)

On 4/22/2024 at 7:38 AM, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Ok guys let’s hear about that fairway wood. Easier to hit off the turf? Higher launch?

The Cobra LTDx 15 degree 3 wood set at +1.5 is the fairway wood that I selected for the TPT shaft test and review.

Prior to the test it was paired with a Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S shaft and it was my favorite club in the bag.

It easily is the best fairway wood I’ve ever had.  I can hit it off the tee or turf with great reliability and confidence.  

It is one of those rare clubs that changed my game by enabling me to comfortably carry a hazard on a long approach shot or allow me to reach a par 5 in two.

It is the club that I was the most hesitant to mess with and would provide the toughest test for a new shaft.

The TPT Golf Power Range 17 HI is the shaft that I was fit into for my fairway wood.

From the blue tees at my home course, Sapelo Hammock Golf Club, there are four holes where I’m most likely to use my 3 wood.  All are par 5 holes.

Here’s the first one, #5.

IMG_0702.png.3ee66ec012c325aead085872331aac0c.png

The next hole where I use my fairway wood is #9 where it is used for both my tee shot and approach shot.

Then on number 12 I will use it for my approach shot:

IMG_0704.png.e15d79a83b19145d8b21cb65b0a04756.png

The final hole is #18. Again for an approach shot:

IMG_0705.png.6b33d818a23d782d18f5c57e4d65656e.png

The TPT Golf Power Range 17 HI has accomplished something significant for me. It is longer and produces better dispersion than the shaft it replaced.

It has made my favorite club even better!

IMG_0701.png

Edited by Hoyoymac
Duplicate photo deleted

Please excuse my mistake. I have tried multiple times to edit my previous post to remove the last photo, which is a duplicate, with no success.

So to make up for it here is a photo that has not been posted of the three TPT shafts basking in the Arizona sunshine at the We Ko Pa Golf resort’s driving range:

6EA0008E-D073-4C59-82D3-DF6F9E8B8996.jpeg.f38738ba2342d5c08e7cbd6275226895.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hoyoymac said:

Please excuse my mistake. I have tried multiple times to edit my previous post to remove the last photo, which is a duplicate, with no success.

So to make up for it here is a photo that has not been posted of the three TPT shafts basking in the Arizona sunshine at the We Ko Pa Golf resort’s driving range:

6EA0008E-D073-4C59-82D3-DF6F9E8B8996.jpeg.f38738ba2342d5c08e7cbd6275226895.jpeg

A guy I know from Wisconsin works at We Ko Pa! I have only heard incredible things about the course. How was it?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

11 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

A guy I know from Wisconsin works at We Ko Pa! I have only heard incredible things about the course. How was it?

The two courses were very nice.  True desert courses.  Forced carries over dry washes.  Good use of terrain.  Some blind shots.  Lots of elevation changes.  Not a ton of flat lies.

IMG_0694.jpeg.a808b3a5e404eca745187036d5924d85.jpeg

Overseeded fairways for green grass in the winter.

Overall I felt that the fairways and greens were not as firm at We Ko Pa as the other courses we played.  Because of that the greens were more receptive to approach shots.  The ball did not run as far on the fairways and if you were short the ball did not release to the green.

A very pleasant place to stay and play with a well stocked pro shop, good restaurants, a nice pool, comfortable rooms and a casino all on site.

Edited by Hoyoymac
Add a photo

While I was able to get sim session in this afternoon, I have not received the Track Man report yet. If I don't receive it this evening I will call and remind them in the morning.  I can say that I was a bit surprised as my gamer shaft held its own against the TPT fairway shaft. I will save further comment until I have the data for verification. 

I also noted that I wasn't seeing the distance results experienced on the outdoor range with Top Tracer technology or the performance seen on course. Basically, it was as if the TPT shaft distance performed down to the level of the gamer shaft, if that makes any sense. At any rate it gives me cause for concern about which technology to trust other than on course performance.

As soon as I get my hands on the data, I will share the results.

Edited by William P

ELIXR (2022)

As promised, I finally received the data file this afternoon.  As I suspected my gamer held its head up well against the TPT Fairway shaft yesterday.

3W - 15 degree - HZDRUS Black 5.5 Shaft

3W-HZDRUSBlack5.5shaft.png.55ca0eda5112c49ba185724dfa704bad.png

3W - 15* - TPT 17 Lo Fairway

3W-TPT17LoFairwayShaft.png.d449290020ab653e09b2d3e391836354.png

With the exception of one wayward shot to the right with the TPT shaft (still safely in the short grass) dispersion results are virtually the same as well. Average height of shots with gamer shaft were 76ft and 75ft with the TPT shaft. 

TPT Fairway retains a slight advantage at this point and when coupled with significant on course performance improvement is looking good to make the cut.

ELIXR (2022)

Played with our Men’s group today.  Got two close ups and that’s it. Started on #3, finished on #2 where I had my longest drive of the day and my only birdie.  

My Arccos Smart distance for Driver has increased by 6 yards since putting the TPT Golf Power Range 18 LO in play.

IMG_0706.png.fe557e6c65d77a33fc358551880208ef.png

After work I got a trackman session in.  Was not my best swing today especially with my 5 wood. I will go through things and share it over the weekend. I also hope to get a round in this weekend but looks like weather might not cooperate with that. Make sure to let us know if you have any questions. I know the other testers and I will be happy to answer and share our thoughts. 

Edited by ZackS
Misspelled

WITB:

Played my usual Seniors tournament on Thursday and had a pretty nice round going.  Was well on my way to a personal best and like all who just can't stay relaxed, in their lane, I managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the final few holes... 🙄 Shot 39/43 - 82 which could have easily been a much better back nine until I couldn't hit an easy approach on a couple of holes to blow it all up. Went +7 over the last 6 holes with three doubles... 🥴

On a positive note, I was finally swinging the driver with some sense of awareness. Still haven't determined what I changed... The TPT shaft certainly responded to the swing and produced an average of 263 yds for the round with two significantly longer drives of 291 yds and 292 yds respectively. All shots were piped right down the middle. That is significant improvement for me and to say I was ecstatic would be an understatement.

When the archer loads the arrow and releases it properly the TPT shafts perform admirably. 

Attached are screen shots of the two long drive holes. As you can see on hole 13 this is where me and the wedges decided to have differing opinions of how they should be working which resulted in the first double bogey mentioned earlier.

4_25.24WC-5.png.99df4dcc320c25a39db9b173d003899d.png

4_25.24WC-13.png.d335f181014ac495c1451d2c4e5e20b6.png

Edited by William P

ELIXR (2022)

Played from the white tees today with a few friends and got to hit my 3 wood a number of times off the tee.

Had a few long shots with it today.

IMG_0710.png.e23fa62193159aa9c79ee08ffa5ee94a.png

IMG_0709.png.dee670de596de84f804e7d200a476853.png
IMG_0708.png.a61ef57d174e1e665d5c609a846347e3.png

IMG_0711.png.24feb96dd6a73f4961d6258272f86455.png

As promised here are some #'s from the Trackman session the other day. Been working on somethings with my swing and was down a little from normal with hybrid and fairway wood. Did what I should have the whole time with driver and just swung. Even with that I the TPT shafts continue to have better dispersion across the board for me in the head to head comparison I have done. Numbers other wise are still pretty comparable otherwise except consistency numbers are tighter with the TPT shafts. 

4 Hybrid 

4HybridDisperson4-26.png.661177b6ceb379525c6aa962a6ded9aa.png4HybridComparison2-26.png.411c5df7e1a90b30b16c2322da58501c.png

5 wood 

5WoodDispersion4-26.png.8320ba936ea00f5f92686acebdcbaa92.png5WoodCompairison4-26.png.0f84b5ce21b23b264bc8fe7f780da156.png

Driver 

Screenshot2024-04-28at7_12_57PM.png.b0f36b9d217c4cb9c4b9dbd0ed9543f4.pngDriverComparison4-26.png.4a9b364def78d99211fcf29ecfac71c1.png

WITB:

The final reviews of all of the testers are due Sunday, May the 5th so I expect this week that everyone will be thinking about their experience with the TPT Golf shafts that they were fit into to try and capture their observations and feelings.

What I’m curious about is how the forum members feel about the information that we’ve been sharing?

What has been helpful to y’all in trying to determine if the TPT golf shafts would be ones that you would want to include in your next fitting?

Does the launch monitor data and the shot tracking information from Arccos and Shotscope give you useful and relevant information?

Or are you more interested in descriptions of the feel and on course performance?

What else would you like to know before we wrap up our final reviews?

4 hours ago, Hoyoymac said:

The final reviews of all of the testers are due Sunday, May the 5th so I expect this week that everyone will be thinking about their experience with the TPT Golf shafts that they were fit into to try and capture their observations and feelings.

What I’m curious about is how the forum members feel about the information that we’ve been sharing?

What has been helpful to y’all in trying to determine if the TPT golf shafts would be ones that you would want to include in your next fitting?

Does the launch monitor data and the shot tracking information from Arccos and Shotscope give you useful and relevant information?

Or are you more interested in descriptions of the feel and on course performance?

What else would you like to know before we wrap up our final reviews?

I think for me more on-course details are best. We all can have great range sessions or sim sessions, but it's on course where the rubber meets the road. But all the other stuff does add to the overall story of the shafts and their impact, so it's all valuable.

Some of the questions I'm interested in are:

- Do you feel more or less confident with the TPT shafts than your gamers?
- Do you feel a fitting is the only way to go with these shafts, even if it's not with TPT directly? Or can the online tool be enough?
- Where do you feel the TPT shafts have helped you the most, the least?
- If you had to buy these shafts yourself knowing how they have or haven't benefited you (and they're not cheap), would you?
- What advice would you give someone looking to buy these shafts?

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder