How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

330 sea level would be about 370 here. That would be fun to watch. Almost as much fun as beating you. :-)

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

330 sea level would be about 370 here. That would be fun to watch. Almost as much fun as beating you. :-)

I'm sensing a rematch.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Rookie did hit a couple in the 330 range yesterday. I think it was his first time out with his SLDR. He launches that sucker high. Jax is sneaky long and knocked a couple of nice ones out there. Foz and I not so much. I'm still wondering where the center of my driver is because I hit it everywhere else but.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Fuuuuuuuuudge! What is it with this game?! Wednesday: Nice ball striking, crappy putting. Today: Ball striking all over the place, decent putting. Nice ball striking and decent putting: Never the twain shall meet, it seems. How very disappointing.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Yeah! There is a sweet spot on my driver. After Friday I was wondering. Played 9 this afternoon and found it all seven times.

Amazing the ball goes straight and a bit farther when you do that.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Yeah! There is a sweet spot on my driver. After Friday I was wondering. Played 9 this afternoon and found it all seven times.

It's just that you (and the rest of us) succumbed to that Tour level pressure of playing with fellow MGS'rs.  As I recall, the MGS fellows out at the Loft Up event described some pretty high scores as well.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Yes but they weren't playing all 18 holes into a 35 mph wind each with the sun in their eyes like we were!

Oh and then there were those trees masquerading as pins. Don't forget those. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

So, the rumors are true.

STX xForm 3, 35"

I too found that sweet spot on the driver this past week. I have struggle with that and bunker play since returning to he game in April. Wednesday I shot a 95 and grabbed my first ever eagle. Friday I shot a 92, but both scores do not do justice to my ball striking ad confidence I found this past week. Now to shore up the mental side and eliminate the blow up holes and mid 80's or lower should be on tap. It felt good to have yet another stranger, who by the way is a pretty good stick, tell me they find it hard to believe I shot that number with the way I was hitting the ball.

Taylormade R5 Dual TP 9.5* Aldila Voodoo SVS7

Taylormade V Steel 15* Accra M4 Dymatch 

Titleist 909H 17* Aldila Voodoo

Taylormade V Steel 18* S300

Wilson DXI 25* Aldila Voodoo SVS8

Taylormade 2003 Rac CB 5-PW S300

Cleveland Tour Issue 588 54* Tour Zip Grooves PX 6.5 Flighted

Fourteen MT 28 V5 TS 62* DG 

C&L 355g Beached 34"

I had a tryout for this high school tournament we will go to and shot 41 for the second time in a row. This puts me as our fourth man at 82 (+10) out of eight team members. I had too many birdies lip out and I had one bad hole with a bad drive which is rare for me. I've been very consistent as far as scores go but I'm definitely making silly mistakes and I feel as if it's only a matter of time before those 9 hole rounds in the 30's start coming in consistently. 

I had a tryout for this high school tournament we will go to and shot 41 for the second time in a row. This puts me as our fourth man at 82 (+10) out of eight team members. I had too many birdies lip out and I had one bad hole with a bad drive which is rare for me. I've been very consistent as far as scores go but I'm definitely making silly mistakes and I feel as if it's only a matter of time before those 9 hole rounds in the 30's start coming in consistently.

We are rooting for you!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Back to comfortable familiarity of the home course today.  Shot 86 with NO three putts (contrast that to our Tampa MGS outing last Friday with SIX three putts).  I hear the other participants all played better the next time out as well.  Again, it's got to be that Tour level pressure of playing with fellow MGSrs!

Back to comfortable familiarity of the home course today. Shot 86 with NO three putts (contrast that to our Tampa MGS outing last Friday with SIX three putts). I hear the other participants all played better the next time out as well. Again, it's got to be that Tour level pressure of playing with fellow MGSrs!

:)

Actually that little debacle convinced me that I need to pick one set of irons and no matter what happens play them. And the winner is the i20s because....I like Ping. Hit them pretty well today. Drove it well in the middle of the round until the back stiffened. Shot 76 in a little tournament so I'm happy. Several very nice up and downs.

Oh and I had a really good day with the range finder. No wrong yardages all day.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I agree RevKev, it's just that I believe that I haven't found my perfect set of clubs, so I am constantly looking for them.

My surprise today was playing the Cobra Bio Cells. I had no expectation of playing well with them as they are a stiff shaft and I have always played a regular shaft. We'll golllllllllly! I shot an 88 which is better than I had been playing lately (except for the 77 3 weeks ago).

As for the gps, remember when Jax accidentally shot the palm trees behind the green, then commenced hitting his ball directly over the green?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I agree RevKev, it's just that I believe that I haven't found my perfect set of clubs, so I am constantly looking for them.

My surprise today was playing the Cobra Bio Cells. I had no expectation of playing well with them as they are a stiff shaft and I have always played a regular shaft. We'll golllllllllly! I shot an 88 which is better than I had been playing lately (except for the 77 3 weeks ago).

As for the gps, remember when Jax accidentally shot the palm trees behind the green, then commenced hitting his ball directly over the green?

No tell me about it. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Saturday I shot a 44/44/88 at Pebble Creek in Tampa. Rating 69.1/122

5 Pars, 9 Bogeys & 4 Doubles

Came in 4th Place (out if 40 players) in our weekly Game so I took home some cash.

Here's the Kicker.......

Since I am reviewing some new irons, I put the whole set in my bag, and removed my hybrids.  Yes, I played the #4 & #5 irons instead of Hybrids.

Shotgun start on #17, 500 yd Par 5....Driver in the middle of the fairway about 310 out, rather than reach for my 3 wood, I pulled the # 4 iron and nicely placed my ball just inside the 150 yd marker.  About 160-170 yd shot.  For a # 4 iron, this was a very sweet shot.  I am liking these irons.

I continue to play the rest of my round, using the #4 and # 5 irons as much as possible so I could get a feel for the entire set.

Impressed?  Definitely.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Whoa, this is getting ridiculous!!!   Last 8 rounds, going back from today.  83-98-86-98-90-84-98-87.  11 to 15 shots difference round to round, days apart.  I'm going through lessons and incorporating new swing plane concepts, but I've never had a period of this much variance between what are really good rounds for me and really bad.

Today, a very cold (Florida standards) and very windy day.  46 deg, with a 15/20 mph wind gusting to 30 according to the phone app.  Rev, Foz and Rookie, imagine our round but 30 deg colder.  Bogied first 8 holes, scrambling a bit, swings sorta there, sorta not.  All of a sudden, every iron into the green is hitting the green.  Next 9 holes, 6 pars, birdie and two bogies.  Doubled the last hole 'cause I counted the score and realized a par would give me a career best 37 for a nine (or maybe because it was a really difficult hole, dead into the wind).  Ended up with a 44/39=83.

Last Friday, beautiful day, no wind, shot 98.  Driver off, irons off, putting off. FW woods and hybrid were great both rounds.  What gives, I ask myself?  

Whoa, this is getting ridiculous!!!   Last 8 rounds, going back from today.  83-98-86-98-90-84-98-87.  11 to 15 shots difference round to round, days apart.  I'm going through lessons and incorporating new swing plane concepts, but I've never had a period of this much variance between what are really good rounds for me and really bad.

Today, a very cold (Florida standards) and very windy day.  46 deg, with a 15/20 mph wind gusting to 30 according to the phone app.  Rev, Foz and Rookie, imagine our round but 30 deg colder.  Bogied first 8 holes, scrambling a bit, swings sorta there, sorta not.  All of a sudden, every iron into the green is hitting the green.  Next 9 holes, 6 pars, birdie and two bogies.  Doubled the last hole 'cause I counted the score and realized a par would give me a career best 37 for a nine (or maybe because it was a really difficult hole, dead into the wind).  Ended up with a 44/39=83.

Last Friday, beautiful day, no wind, shot 98.  Driver off, irons off, putting off. FW woods and hybrid were great both rounds.  What gives, I ask myself?  

I knew there was a weather front stalled in the middle part of the state but seriously?  It was 80 down here and I'm guessing we're not much more than 100 miles south of you.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I knew there was a weather front stalled in the middle part of the state but seriously?  It was 80 down here and I'm guessing we're not much more than 100 miles south of you.

Yep--here's today's temps, yesterday's were the same.  We played Amelia National near the Georgia border.

florida temps.jpg

For those of you who are wondering if you look at the lower left portion of Florida and see the little Penninsula there - that's where I live - our official high was 79 yesterday and it may be warmer today.  If you look at Jacksonville, that's where Jax is at. 

This is why it rarely freezes where I live - there's some sort of vortex that protects us I think.  The best part is that in the summer the rest of the state will be mid-90's and above and the Gulf keeps us cooler, sometimes even in the mid-80's - at least it does until August when it heats up to close to 90.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

0 for 6 in birdie attempts Saturday. Fudge knuckles. I guess I should see the bright side that I had 6 chances at birdie.

STX xForm 3, 35"

Shot 42-38 80 today. Took us much longer to get to the course than I anticipated. We just had enough time to whack a few balls and we were off no putting or chipping. So I was 6 over after 4 holes, included a brutal sand to sand to sand to sand 8. After that I settled down and struck the ball very well. This was a tough Arthur hills course so to go only 2 over the rest of the way was great.

I'm very happy with the new driver and the irons. I need to address the fairway woods next.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I tried to keep up with the big hitters at the Texas Open, who were about half my age, and paid the price.  I enjoyed the last two rounds making half swings.  Today I played around on my home course I was determined to make 3/4 swings.

The net result was a freaking awesome round.  Towards the end, I found that I was getting as much or more distance as my normal over-swing.  Of course it was putting and short game that ruled the day and actually broke par making partial swings. 

I am going to attempt to make this my normal swing, but it is sure hard not to reach back and try to kill the ball.  Especially, at a different course or a longer course.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I tried to keep up with the big hitters at the Texas Open, who were about half my age, and paid the price.  I enjoyed the last two rounds making half swings.  Today I played around on my home course I was determined to make 3/4 swings.

The net result was a freaking awesome round.  Towards the end, I found that I was getting as much or more distance as my normal over-swing.  Of course it was putting and short game that ruled the day and actually broke par making partial swings. 

I am going to attempt to make this my normal swing, but it is sure hard not to reach back and try to kill the ball.  Especially, at a different course or a longer course.

There was a long-ish hitter in my foursome a few weekends ago, and as the round went on I came to realize that as long as I wasn't actually trying to keep up with him...I was keeping up with him. Funny how that works. Better swing, better contact. What a concept. Did that experience kill my desire to occasionally want to kill the ball? Of course not.

STX xForm 3, 35"

There was a long-ish hitter in my foursome a few weekends ago, and as the round went on I came to realize that as long as I wasn't actually trying to keep up with him...I was keeping up with him. Funny how that works. Better swing, better contact. What a concept. Did that experience kill my desire to occasionally want to kill the ball? Of course not.

While I did not embarrass myself, this time, at the Texas Open, I was disappointed in that I did not stick to my game plan that I had spent some time developing.  I knew that course had several holes that were not in my range of reaching in regulation on a consistent basis, given the weather conditions.  My plan was to stay out to where I could get up and down rather easily.  But when I saw the conditions of the greens, I could not help it.  It was a grass I do not putt well on and worrying about the putting killed me on the teebox and the approach.  While I have said that being a good putter makes driving and approach shots easier, but it certainly got in my head last weekend, and trying to keep up with the kids kicked my butt.

There is next time.  And there is tomorrow.  Where the greens are very friendly to me.  Haha.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid