Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2000 posts, 12,310 reactions, & 1 year on the forum

Has it only been a year? I guess the 2000 post count threw my ability to tell time off, that's a lot. 

It's been a pleasure having you on the forum and now having you in a role as a member of the forum staff. I'm looking forward to getting to meet you in person in seventy some odd days. 

2000 posts equates to just over 5 a day, every day…could possibly get there if it wasn’t for the 50+ hours of work a week, kids and all the activities, SWMBO and the plans she comes up with and everything else that gets in the way.

Impressive!  I feel like a slacker, 1.5 years and I haven’t made it to 700…

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Happy anniversary amd congrats on your milestone!

I carry alotnpf admiration for the Staff organization and ability to manage many many thousands of members.

1507449580234.jpg

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Congrats Ben! Love what you bring to the forum

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

That Ben guy?

IMG_0461.gif

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

15 hours ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Hello All, 

This is my 2000th post. I tried to time it up, to hit on March 27th. The 1 year anniversary of my stumbling into what has become a rather integral part of my life. However, because there are so many great things going on the forum, and I gotta get these posts off, I am a week early. Such is life. 

A look back at the past year reveals quite the journey so here are a few highlights:

The Callaway Paradym Iron testing opportunity is what prompted me to join. I signed up and impatiently waited for the announcement. The tester’s were announced and to my dismay, I wasn’t one of them. 😥 

What happened next is/was critical to my journey. I read @GolfSpy_APH’s how to be a tester thread. Which prompted me to take the initial steps with a completed profile and photo where the B had been. My first actual post came on April 13, 2023

IMG_2729.jpeg

7 people gave a blue heart, which was gratifying, so my initial trepidation about posting was overcome and we were off. 

My next pivotal moment, and what I would argue is my finest contribution to these here forums would come from a fundamental question I asked myself:

Over the course of 2000 posts, this was and still is my absolute favorite. 

Because I followed the prescribed steps and got myself involved I was chosen to test the Garsen Max Putter Grip. Which was cool, because Garsen sent us three different putter grips to try out. That resulted in:

Subsequently followed by:

I’m fairly certain this review remains unread by the masses, for reasons I have explained on the community call, IYKYK (yes, it’s still there).

We have mentioned in the “want to be a tester” threads that doing a great job on a small item review can be a springboard into bigger tests, I am proof of that as I was selected for one of the most coveted spots for 2023:

It was around this time that @GolfSpy_APH put out a feeler for anyone interested in joining the staff. Along with @GolfSpy AFG, @GolfSpy_SHARK, & @GolfSpy_KFT, I joined the staff as a forum leader. Which prompted @GolfSpy AFG to rename us as the “interns”. Almost immediately @GolfSpy TCB had to step away from the forum and I inherited a moderator role and the VCT. For those who are interested:

And if you haven’t joined us yet, but would like to, our 3rd season will be kicking off the week of April 8th. We would be honored to have you join us. 

Lastly, my latest endeavor:

Follow along as I try to overcome a series of seemingly random and unfortunate events. 

As I look back on the past year, I am filled with gratitude and admiration for my fellow testers and the membership at large. You have all made this place a special corner of the interwebs, where civility, intellectual curiosity, and kindness rule the day. 

A special thanks goes out my fellow staff members: @GolfSpy BOS, @GolfSpy SAM, @GolfSpy_BNG, @Golfspy_CG2, @GolfSpy AFG, @GolfSpy_SHARK, & @GolfSpy_KFT you guys are the absolute best of us and I’m proud to call each of you, my friend. 

To @GolfSpy_APH, my sincere gratitude and admiration for not only the opportunity you have entrusted me with, but the ever steady hand with which you guide this ship. It has truly been one of the great pleasures of my life, finding this place. 

Finally, if you made it this far, thank you for indulging my vanity post and know that you have a friend in me.

image.gif

- Ben

Ben I am a little late responding to this as well I chose to took a rare lazy day off the forum yesterday. 

While I have not gone through the responses yet I just have to say thank you for being an incredible member of this team and community. It has been a pleasure to work with you, see how you have grown within this community and we all truly appreciate the efforts and roles that you have taken on. 

Just a big thank you once again and looking forward to all that we can accomplish in the future as a team and community!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

13 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Honestly, it's not that hard.  Quit your job, ignore your family, have alerts set for anytime anyone responds (so that you, in turn, can respond), don't eat, don't drink (or drink excessively - to each their own), and make sure to comment "nice!", "great!", "haha" on every post you've already commented on.  You'll be at 2k in no time. 😉

I don't know why you are trying to mock me... I still have my job. I spend lots of time with my family and dogs.... okay you got me at the alerts, and despite my skinny frame I do drink (coffee and water) and eat (a lot of mcdonalds) and my posts are extensive and loaded with meaning!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

9 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

2000 posts equates to just over 5 a day, every day…could possibly get there if it wasn’t for the 50+ hours of work a week, kids and all the activities, SWMBO and the plans she comes up with and everything else that gets in the way.

Impressive!  I feel like a slacker, 1.5 years and I haven’t made it to 700…

If you’re feeling like a slacker after 1.5 years, I must be catatonic. 

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

19 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Honestly, it's not that hard.  Quit your job, ignore your family, have alerts set for anytime anyone responds (so that you, in turn, can respond), don't eat, don't drink (or drink excessively - to each their own), and make sure to comment "nice!", "great!", "haha" on every post you've already commented on.  You'll be at 2k in no time. 😉

All kidding aside, Ben's participation is one of the things that first stood out to the Forum Staff (before he was a part of the Squad) - it was clear he was genuinely invested in this place and helping it grow, from the get-go.  

Welcome to the forum!  I'll start a "1,997 and counting" ticker for you and you can check in whenever you want.  (I won't actually do that - don't freak out 😉 )

You had me at quit your job...lol. I was like "where do I sign up". lol 

Callaway Rogue ST max driver (Tour Ad IZ-6)

Cobra LTD-X 3 and 5 wood (Tour AD UB-6)

PXG 0317 X Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue)

PXG Gen 6 P 5-G irons (Mitsubishi MMT)

PXG 0311 Forged wedges (Mitsubishi MMT)

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I don't know why you are trying to mock me... I still have my job. I spend lots of time with my family and dogs.... okay you got me at the alerts, and despite my skinny frame I do drink (coffee and water) and eat (a lot of mcdonalds) and my posts are extensive and loaded with meaning!

Wow - I struck a nerve (which is all you have left because you're skin and bones) 😉 I was actually describing an imaginaary person in my brain, but now that you mention it...you ARE here a lot 😉 Are we SURE the "wife and kids and dogs" are real, and not just made up out of whole cloth? 

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

On 3/20/2024 at 11:44 AM, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Hello All, 

This is my 2000th post. I tried to time it up, to hit on March 27th. The 1 year anniversary of my stumbling into what has become a rather integral part of my life. However, because there are so many great things going on the forum, and I gotta get these posts off, I am a week early. Such is life. 

A look back at the past year reveals quite the journey so here are a few highlights:

The Callaway Paradym Iron testing opportunity is what prompted me to join. I signed up and impatiently waited for the announcement. The tester’s were announced and to my dismay, I wasn’t one of them. 😥 

What happened next is/was critical to my journey. I read @GolfSpy_APH’s how to be a tester thread. Which prompted me to take the initial steps with a completed profile and photo where the B had been. My first actual post came on April 13, 2023

IMG_2729.jpeg

7 people gave a blue heart, which was gratifying, so my initial trepidation about posting was overcome and we were off. 

My next pivotal moment, and what I would argue is my finest contribution to these here forums would come from a fundamental question I asked myself:

Because I followed the prescribed steps and got myself involved I was chosen to test the Garsen Max Putter Grip. Which was cool, because Garsen sent us three different putter grips to try out. That resulted in:

I’m fairly certain this review remains unread by the masses, for reasons I have explained on the community call, IYKYK (yes, it’s still there).

We have mentioned in the “want to be a tester” threads that doing a great job on a small item review can be a springboard into bigger tests, I am proof of that as I was selected for one of the most coveted spots for 2023:

It was around this time that @GolfSpy_APH put out a feeler for anyone interested in joining the staff. Along with @GolfSpy AFG, @GolfSpy_SHARK, & @GolfSpy_KFT, I joined the staff as a forum leader. Which prompted @GolfSpy AFG to rename us as the “interns”. Almost immediately @GolfSpy TCB had to step away from the forum and I inherited a moderator role and the VCT. For those who are interested:

And if you haven’t joined us yet, but would like to, our 3rd season will be kicking off the week of April 8th. We would be honored to have you join us. 

Follow along as I try to overcome a series of seemingly random and unfortunate events. 

As I look back on the past year, I am filled with gratitude and admiration for my fellow testers and the membership at large. You have all made this place a special corner of the interwebs, where civility, intellectual curiosity, and kindness rule the day. 

A special thanks goes out my fellow staff members: @GolfSpy BOS, @GolfSpy SAM, @GolfSpy_BNG, @Golfspy_CG2, @GolfSpy AFG, @GolfSpy_SHARK, & @GolfSpy_KFT you guys are the absolute best of us and I’m proud to call each of you, my friend. 

To @GolfSpy_APH, my sincere gratitude and admiration for not only the opportunity you have entrusted me with, but the ever steady hand with which you guide this ship. It has truly been one of the great pleasures of my life, finding this place. 

Finally, if you made it this far, thank you for indulging my vanity post and know that you have a friend in me.

image.gif

- Ben

Ben I think I said it to you early on in your tenure that your contributions were greatly appreciated and again when you came on staff and everyday sense.   You---and the other staff-do so much behind the scenes that most people will never recognize, and it's appreciated by all of us.   

And most importantly, I think if I were to look back early in your post on who doesn't want to hit blades, I may have made a contradictory post 😉   But as we have discussed recently among ourselves, you might be changing my views on that. 

While I can't claim the same phrase @GolfSpy SAM coined of game recognizing game in this manor, I can say.

image.png

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

On 3/20/2024 at 10:44 AM, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Hello All, 

IMG_2729.jpeg

image.gif

- Ben

Congratulations Ben! What a journey you have made. You have demonstrated that it is possible to travel from rookie to SPY! You certainly have cemented yourself as one of the foundations on the forum. We all appreciate your contributions, wit and quick responses on all subjects. I especially appreciate you providing an open ear when I DM. Thank you for all you do!!

Play like a champion today!

Congratulations @GolfSpy_BEN! I always look forward to reading the content you contribute to the forum. 

Mixed bag of goodies: Taylormade M2 driver, Titleist F15 3 wood, Nike 5 wood, Mizuno 923 Hmp irons, Cleveland zipcore wedges and Odyssey 3 ball putter.