Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Golfspy_CG2 NEEDS a new Putter---Help!

1 hour ago, Owengeorge13 said:

Try a SiK putter, you can get them cheap now.  2nd swing golf has them available slightly used

I do like my SIK Flo M putter a lot, but I have not tried much else to be honest. I got it cheap used already last year when I started with golf and have not yet found anything better - but I haven't really looked either, since my putting is still a stronger part of my game. 

I still got myself a WellPutt mat for home practice (4m version), and I try to go through one of the "training courses" they have on their app each and every day at least once to help me keep the rhythm and pace of my putting stroke.

Sometimes I also use the Pelz Putting tutor in combination with the PuttOUT Pressure Putt Trainer to work on getting the ball started on the correct line (but I find the WellPutt mat much more fun to practice with). 

I still find myself often under-putting on the course, so I will have to address that on the outside putting green (any tips?). I'm also still struggling a lot with reading breaks on greens that just look flat to me 🙈

Concluding, I guess the quest to find the best putter is very individual for each of us and there's so many variables to consider. I went mainly by the looks to get my putter and then just practiced a lot with it. 

IMG_20240327_164708-resized.jpg

---

1 minute ago, ToastedSoul said:

I do like my SIK Flo M putter a lot, but I have not tried much else to be honest. I got it cheap used already last year when I started with golf and have not yet found anything better - but I haven't really looked either, since my putting is still a stronger part of my game. 

I still got myself a WellPutt mat for home practice (4m version), and I try to go through one of the "training courses" they have on their app each and every day at least once to help me keep the rhythm and pace of my putting stroke.

Sometimes I also use the Pelz Putting tutor in combination with the PuttOUT Pressure Putt Trainer to work on getting the ball started on the correct line (but I find the WellPutt mat much more fun to practice with). 

I still find myself often under-putting on the course, so I will have to address that on the outside putting green (any tips?). I'm also still struggling a lot with reading breaks on greens that just look flat to me 🙈

Concluding, I guess the quest to find the best putter is very individual for each of us and there's so many variables to consider. I went mainly by the looks to get my putter and then just practiced a lot with it. 

IMG_20240327_164708-resized.jpg

I have the SiK Flo c, it did great the year it came out on mygolfspys mallet most wanted.  The only con was looks.

🙃

Go get fitted! Best money spent for a fitting in my opinion.  I ended up between a LAB putter and the Bettinardi Queen Bee.  Went with the Queen and haven't regretted my decision.

- DT

1 hour ago, Girldad18 said:

If you hit the putt on the line you intended and the speed you intended and it didn't go in, then there is nothing more you can do. 

I've heard this for years, but I always assumed that it was me that got the line or the speed wrong and that means there was more I could do. It's really tough to take the "just forget it" approach because it really means I need to learn how to read the putt better to be able to have a better intended line and/or speed. 

Maybe that's why I'm not very good at golf? 

TEE C722 9.5° Tensei AV RAW Blue 65 X

TEE C722 3 wood Tensei AV RAW Blue 75 X

3h Adams A4 Boxer hybrid

4-P PXG 0311T Gen 1

GW 52° PXG 0311

SW 56° PXG 0311

LW 60° PXG 0311

Putter Rife Abaco 

Ball: Vice Pro Plus

I personally love my Taylormade Spider.

But I would suggest going to your favorite pro and take a couple putters for test drive. Putting is about feel and if doesn't feel right at the store or pro shop it will not on the course. 2nd if possible demo that putter on the course.

If possible get fitted. Lots of variations and weight options can be available depending on the type you choose and then match that with a comfortable grip.

Nothing worse than buying new $300 plus putter than retiring it to your garage because you did not do your homework.

Avid Golfer Hunter and Fisherman.

Love being outside!

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Help!! I need putter advice!

I know there will be no shortage of that here especially on one particular brand. But i haven't felt comfortable with a putter in the last 6 months Including the following

Scotty 1.5 Flowback-my gamer for the past 2 years.

Odyssey Ai 1 Rossie a couple rounds

PING Shea-a couple rounds

EVNROLL 11 some good days and some really bad ones!! 

MEZZ Max  was good but not great.  Only a month or so with it.   I didn't miss any short putts inside 3 feet, but I didn't make ANY putts in the 10 foot range and I'm usually good for a couple of those a round. 

Look at these stats yesterday.  Yes, I'll take the shame of publicly posting a 49....I deserve it 🙂 

Granted i played on greens that were aerated 24 hours earlier.  Also the lack of greens hit isn't too alarming. I played tees longer than I normally do  and was into a wind all day.  Par 3’s and 1 par 5 were the only ones i was capable of reaching.   And all just barely missed. Driver was excellent (more on that in my driver shootout thread) and hitting 7 fairways and 23 putts just doesn’t work.  If I had a "decent" day putting I would have shot 43 or 44 and been pretty happy.    Call me the Scottie Scheffler of the Forum 🙂 

Ok so lets hear any and all thoughts

IMG_0546.png

5 putters - hmm I think you need a sixth then carry 8 other clubs. A putter gets 3 holes per round and you can use the other 8 for a modified ultimate putter bag 14 club set. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I know there will be no shortage of that here especially on one particular brand. But i haven't felt comfortable with a putter in the last 6 months Including the following

MEZZ Max  was good but not great.  Only a month or so with it.   I didn't miss any short putts inside 3 feet, but I didn't make ANY putts in the 10 foot range and I'm usually good for a couple of those a round. 

Look at these stats yesterday.  Yes, I'll take the shame of publicly posting a 49....I deserve it 🙂 

Granted i played on greens that were aerated 24 hours earlier.  Also the lack of greens hit isn't too alarming. I played tees longer than I normally do  and was into a wind all day.  Par 3’s and 1 par 5 were the only ones i was capable of reaching.   And all just barely missed. Driver was excellent (more on that in my driver shootout thread) and hitting 7 fairways and 23 putts just doesn’t work.  If I had a "decent" day putting I would have shot 43 or 44 and been pretty happy.    Call me the Scottie Scheffler of the Forum 🙂 

IMG_0546.png

well do you have an hour or two? I have been working on putting for about 5 years now, and have moved from a good putter to a really good putter. 

1. get a nice friend to video your stroke from behind the line (this makes sure you are lined up properly with your putter to your intended line)

2. get a putting mirror (cheap at golf town or wherever) this does many things but the main thing for me it to see where my eyes are in relation to a good strike of the ball on the putter (everyone is different in this respect) it also makes sure your putter head is square to your target line.

3. Get a snap line and snap a straight line approx 10 feet to the hole, line up the putting mirror with the snap line and roll some puts from different distances. (this gives you great feedback)

4. Get a routine that you follow "all the time" for at least a week, don't give up believe me it will help when you get out on the course.

Once you do this reach out again for next 4 steps lol...

You are brave to reach out, good 1st. step, as for putters once you figure out if you like straight back straight through (face balanced putter) or swing inside outside (more toe balanced) then stick with that... 

committed to performance excellence

I agree about the armlock. An armlock greatly reduces the chances of getting the yips. While the yips may be caused by a “mental issue”, being able to lock the putter against the forearm makes it difficult to yip it with your hands.

Practice also helps.  There’s some great tools to help build a more consistent stroke.

Anybody else looking at Meridian putters after this test? Never heard of them before and now I'm tempted to actually get one....

Driver: Epic Speed TD LS - Ventus Blue TR 6X

3 Wood: Epic Flash SZ

Hybrid: Rogue Hybrid

Irons: Adams Idea Pro A12, DG X100

Wedges: PW - 48 Vokey SM7, 52-60 Kirkland Signature

Putter: Either a Newport 2.0, Spider Tour, Oddysey 7, or an Tony Penna IM style blade

Ball: Rotation of new releases, whatever my toddler forces me to buy, and Kirklands.

Just sayin....

Best. Putter. Ever.

Ugly as hell, but I didn't care because I putted well with it.  If something works, use it. 

Screenshot_20240327_115053_Chrome2.jpg.1e0038e10c68692ea47d5237b3b9675e.jpg

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

I may have missed it in the posts, but what is the cause of your 3 putts?  Are you approaches hitting greens but miles away from the pin?  Speed control, starting line, green read issues?

I find it hard to give club advice, something that works for me might not necessarily work for you.

Had a Ping Anser 2i for years and was an ok putter, but started struggling with starting line (cutting across the ball).  Switched to a TM Spider and had some success, starting line was much improved but feel was not there (struggled with speed control mostly).  Had some days where I couldn’t miss, then others where I had no idea how the ball was coming off the face.

Moved to Odyssey Ai-ONE 7s as part of the test and have felt very comfortable with this putter so far.  Struggled my last round out, but I think that was the putter (me) and not the putter (club).

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

I am only really comfortable with Anser type putters with either a double bend or plumbers neck. What I would recommend is that you make sure you get a shaft that adds stability. For me the stroke lab shafts work really well but there are probably several others you could try....

I was lucky to meet up with my perfect match in a Toulon San Diego I think...

WITB:

Driver PXG 0811 Gen1 9º (1.5º low) Graphite Design Tour AD 7.0x shaft

3W PXG 0811X Fujikura Moteré Speeder S

2H Titleist 917 H2 (B1) 19º or 2i Srixon 18

Irons Titleist 620 Cb 3-5, 620 Mb 6-Pw

Wedges Vokey SM7 52º F, 58ºM

Putter Odyssey Toulon Austin (stroke lab)

Hard to say if it is a new putter you need or a few sessions with a good short game/putting coach.  An alignment mirror and a putting mat with straight lines on it are very helpful to make sure your takeaway is not too inside and that you are rolling the ball where intended.  The mirror is good for eye alignment and you can also set up gates to putt through with it.  Through some sessions, I found that I was too inside with my stroke and that I was under-reading the greens.  AimPoint does work and it is easy to learn…just need to trust your feet! 

Golf Digest Panelist

3 hours ago, Girldad18 said:

Putting can be pretty mentally abusive.  In college our mental coach told me something that stuck.  You can only control two things, line and speed.  If you hit the putt on the line you intended and the speed you intended and it didn't go in, then there is nothing more you can do.  Its frustrating, but true.  I would start there if I was you.  Aerated greens are no fun and in my opinion you have a built in excuse.  

For me, you have to find a putter you like the feel of, one you know works and stick with it.  Then it is line and speed.  You cannot be on the course thinking about your putting stroke or golf swing for that matter.  

When I am struggling with this, when I am about to putt and give the hole that last look, I draw a line back to the ball on the intended line with any break and that is what I try to putt on.  Basically visualize it rolling along its intended line and going in.

Now if you are not hitting your line or your speed is way off, then you need to do some work on the putting green.  After all, we have more strokes on the green with our putter than with any other club per round so we should spend a large majority of practice time putting.

I completely agree. I went through Putter, after Putter, after Putter until I found one that I really liked the feel of. It turns out I needed a really soft face insert. The Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4 has changed putting for me. I used to be very nervous around the green. Specifically, longer putts. But after going through a pretty tedious, putter fitting, I realized that I didn’t enjoy the feeling of a putter I wasn’t going to feel secure over it.

IMG_1795.jpeg

Edited by arodrig29

Callaway Rogue ST max driver (Tour Ad IZ-6)

Cobra LTD-X 3 and 5 wood (Tour AD UB-6)

PXG 0317 X Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue)

PXG Gen 6 P 5-G irons (Mitsubishi MMT)

PXG 0311 Forged wedges (Mitsubishi MMT)

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

I have a few suggestions. Take them for what they're worth.

image.png

With this particular model, you'll want to try to hit the ball where the arrow is pointing.  It's a novel concept, but could be the solution to your issue (I didn't read very closely, but it sounds like you're missing the hole a lot. This could help.).

If you don't love the look of this one (and I get it, it's not everyone's cup of tea), you could always give this a shot:
image.png

Don't be fooled - they LOOK similar, but they're completely different.  This one's orange.  And has a lot more lines.  See? Totally different. 

Also an option:

image.png

This one's really good when you want to use it after the round to club anyone who talked smack about your game. The blood just blends right in.  And no sight lines to smear! Double-win!

In all seriouslyness (that's for those of you who like typos 😉 ), I'm a huge believer in confidence putting.  If you're confident in what you're looking down at, it can make a world of difference.  I'm also a HUGE believer in (and it was mentioned by you above) the idea of spending most of your time looking at the hole and feeling the speed, then I give a quick look to make sure I'm still aligned behind the ball, looking back at the hole one more time, and then away we go.  I've found some incredible success this way - not 100% "looking at hole while putting" style, but allowing my lizard brain to do the work of gauging speed and letting my body do the rest.  

As usual, excited to see what you decide on!

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

13 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Should be a very easy decision…looked like most every putter out there had been listed so far!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I don't know if you follow Chasing Scratch at all, but in last year or the year before Eli went to TPI and I think he was working with Greg Rose on the putting green, and he used the simple analogy ---You were a good college basketball player.  When you shot free throws did you look at the Rim or the ball as you were shooting.  We all know the answer to that.  And Eli was shocked to hear that and spent a lot of time reversing his pre trigger routine.  Most of us spend 80% of the time focusing on the ball and 20% or less on the hole.   When focusing on the hole more than the ball, he improved dramatically.  

I haven't yet tried this.  But now might be the time. 

I have watched some of Chasing Scratch but havent seen this episode. The buddy I am talking about is possibly the best golfer I have ever met, and probably why he shouted it at me in frustration. lol  Shortly after that I started hearing of Speith used to putt like this on the Tour when he had a case of the yips. I forget the podcast, but they were say Scottie should try it. There is a lot of research on this actually. 

The article form Golf Digest this quote stands out to me: 'Ignoring the ball made me a better putter almost immediately—by 20 percent, according to my friend Tony. Recently, I talked with Dr. Bob Christina, a sport psychologist and an assistant golf coach at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. It was Christina who conducted the study I read about, in collaboration with Eric Alpenfels, the director of golf instruction at Pinehurst. (In 2008, they expanded their findings into a general theory, in a book called Instinct Putting.) "The bottom line for me is that looking at the target frees you up to stroke the ball more naturally," Christina said." (https://www.golfdigest.com/story/david-owen-why-jordan-spieth-and-i-look-at-the-hole-on-putts

Regardless I still believe, the equipment matter, becasue you have to have confidence in what you are using also. If you look down in see a marshall or a brick, there is problem aslo. So I hope you find a the putter that inspires your putting! Also sorry for the school like quote there, tyring to not make it formal but also stuck in school (MBA) and work mode lol 

Samuel Hanvey 

3 minutes ago, Samuel09152 said:

I have watched some of Chasing Scratch but havent seen this episode. The buddy I am talking about is possibly the best golfer I have ever met, and probably why he shouted it at me in frustration. lol  Shortly after that I started hearing of Speith used to putt like this on the Tour when he had a case of the yips. I forget the podcast, but they were say Scottie should try it. There is a lot of research on this actually. 

The article form Golf Digest this quote stands out to me: 'Ignoring the ball made me a better putter almost immediately—by 20 percent, according to my friend Tony. Recently, I talked with Dr. Bob Christina, a sport psychologist and an assistant golf coach at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. It was Christina who conducted the study I read about, in collaboration with Eric Alpenfels, the director of golf instruction at Pinehurst. (In 2008, they expanded their findings into a general theory, in a book called Instinct Putting.) "The bottom line for me is that looking at the target frees you up to stroke the ball more naturally," Christina said." (https://www.golfdigest.com/story/david-owen-why-jordan-spieth-and-i-look-at-the-hole-on-putts

Regardless I still believe, the equipment matter, becasue you have to have confidence in what you are using also. If you look down in see a marshall or a brick, there is problem aslo. So I hope you find a the putter that inspires your putting! Also sorry for the school like quote there, tyring to not make it formal but also stuck in school (MBA) and work mode lol 

I've read that book, years ago when I was REALLY struggling with my putting. It (and the many ideas contained inside) really helped free me up to see putting as more than just the technical mumbo-jumbo and/or "line it up and hit it" and realize there is a lot of natural instinct we've been trained (or learned, one way or another) to ignore.  It's a great read.

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

42 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

image.png

With this particular model, you'll want to try to hit the ball where the arrow is pointing.  It's a novel concept, but could be the solution to your issue (I didn't read very closely, but it sounds like you're missing the hole a lot. This could help.).

If you don't love the look of this one (and I get it, it's not everyone's cup of tea), you could always give this a shot:
image.png

Don't be fooled - they LOOK similar, but they're completely different.  This one's orange.  And has a lot more lines.  See? Totally different. 

Also an option:

image.png

This one's really good when you want to use it after the round to club anyone who talked smack about your game. The blood just blends right in.  And no sight lines to smear! Double-win!

In all seriouslyness (that's for those of you who like typos 😉 ), I'm a huge believer in confidence putting.  If you're confident in what you're looking down at, it can make a world of difference.  I'm also a HUGE believer in (and it was mentioned by you above) the idea of spending most of your time looking at the hole and feeling the speed, then I give a quick look to make sure I'm still aligned behind the ball, looking back at the hole one more time, and then away we go.  I've found some incredible success this way - not 100% "looking at hole while putting" style, but allowing my lizard brain to do the work of gauging speed and letting my body do the rest.  

ok, who hacked Matt's account to allow a typo? No way he lets a grammatical error live on in one of his posts.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

22 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

I've read that book, years ago when I was REALLY struggling with my putting. It (and the many ideas contained inside) really helped free me up to see putting as more than just the technical mumbo-jumbo and/or "line it up and hit it" and realize there is a lot of natural instinct we've been trained (or learned, one way or another) to ignore.  It's a great read.

I'm gonna have to add that book to my list to read, I just read the inserts in Golf Digest. Thanks! 

Samuel Hanvey 

In my experience, to break a putting slump make ANY kind of change to bring on a refocus.  That nothing helps you is disconcerting.

My high school golf coach who was also a driver's ed. instructor believed most hardware failures stemmed from the nut behind the wheel.

Z565 or Launcher Lite :: M6 3&5 woods :: Srixon hybrids :: Cleveland 588 TT irons :: CBX wedges :: midsize grips w/no glove

After getting frustrated with my odyssey, I made the switch to a TM Spyder Tour X and my game is back on track.  This putter feels well balanced going back and straight through with no twisting of the face. I ordered mine through TM with a custom length shaft and picked my grip color as well.

Callaway X-Hot irons, Jaws wedges, X-Hot 18* Hybrid, Diablo Edge 3 Wood, Sim Max Driver

16 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

ok, who hacked Matt's account to allow a typo? No way he lets a grammatical error live on in one of his posts.

maybe the same who made the commercial on the golf coverage that sings he "have went with big iron" -- or something like that.

Z565 or Launcher Lite :: M6 3&5 woods :: Srixon hybrids :: Cleveland 588 TT irons :: CBX wedges :: midsize grips w/no glove

2 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

I may have missed it in the posts, but what is the cause of your 3 putts?  Are you approaches hitting greens but miles away from the pin?  Speed control, starting line, green read issues?

I find it hard to give club advice, something that works for me might not necessarily work for you.

Had a Ping Anser 2i for years and was an ok putter, but started struggling with starting line (cutting across the ball).  Switched to a TM Spider and had some success, starting line was much improved but feel was not there (struggled with speed control mostly).  Had some days where I couldn’t miss, then others where I had no idea how the ball was coming off the face.

Moved to Odyssey Ai-ONE 7s as part of the test and have felt very comfortable with this putter so far.  Struggled my last round out, but I think that was the putter (me) and not the putter (club).

I don't know if I mentioned it specifically in any of the posts, but good question.  If I had to boil it down to one thing, it's been my speed control over the last few months.  I used to have excellent speed control never really going more than a foot or two long or a foot short.     So maybe it's just the lack of play and real time putting, I've lost a bit of sense of touch.

1 hour ago, arodrig29 said:

I completely agree. I went through Putter, after Putter, after Putter until I found one that I really liked the feel of. It turns out I needed a really soft face insert. The Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4 has changed putting for me. I used to be very nervous around the green. Specifically, longer putts. But after going through a pretty tedious, putter fitting, I realized that I didn’t enjoy the feeling of a putter I wasn’t going to feel secure over it.

IMG_1795.jpeg

That is the putter I was fit for when I mentioned I was fit at PING HQ by their master fitters.  I putted really well with it for almost 2 years, before of course switching to the Scotty 🙂 

1 hour ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

image.png

image.png

Also an option:

image.png

Don't every change Matt...EVER 🙂

49 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Should be a very easy decision…looked like most every putter out there had been listed so far!

That is so true isn't it.  Lots of choices! 

48 minutes ago, Samuel09152 said:

I took a short game lesson from Eric whoa....maybe 10 years ago or so.  One of the best things I've ever done in my life, I'd love to go back down and see him.   He taught me there were 5 different type of short game shots and how to approach them.    I had always thought of like 1 or 2.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

image.png

image.png

Also an option:

image.png

Hahaha. I love this!  I would vote green, but that's just me. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Since this is MGS.  I thought Id add a little data to my story 

So i did a quick Ex Putt session to ger some current.    Now i will say i know EX Putt is not real putting.  But having had this for probably 5 yesrs or so.  It is very good on your path and face data. 

As you see my tendency is in to out path and slightly closed face.   during this session i had prwtty good distwmce control and made 7 of the 20 putts from 10 feet.  Which is 35%.   Just below Tour average abd well above the 20% a 18 handicap wpuld have.  My handicap is actually 17.1. right now.  

Now to be fair after this. I played a 9 hole ij challenge mode where you had putts from 26 to 51 feet with some uphill and downhill and big breaks. 

They place you on the green in regulation and you go from there.   I had 22 putts so not much better than yesterday.  Now i do think there were 3 putts that went in that it didnt catch.   But still 19 would be too high.  

on a good round i normally have 29-31 putts  i averaged 33.5 according to the GHIN stats   

IMG_0550.png

IMG_0548.jpeg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

22 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I don't know if I mentioned it specifically in any of the posts, but good question.  If I had to boil it down to one thing, it's been my speed control over the last few months.  I used to have excellent speed control never really going more than a foot or two long or a foot short.     So maybe it's just the lack of play and real time putting, I've lost a bit of sense of touch.  

I found I was fairly inconsistent where I struck putts on the face, drifting towards the toe side.  Would either be short or over-compensate and catch one clean and blow it past the hole.

The Ai-ONE had helped me tremendously.

Got to go with what looks good to your eye, fits your stroke and will allow you to make a confident and consistent stroke.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

4 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

IMG_0546.png

Rob, I won’t go into putter advice or the putting stroke for that matter.  Many good comments above.  I’m looking at your scorecard, and most all GIR misses were short; understandably playing from longer tees and windy conditions.  All of the doubles were short, meaning that the chip/pitch could have been better or the pins were in difficult locations.  Personally, I find chipping on aerated greens to be very frustrating; ball doesn’t react like usual.  If the holes are located in difficult positions, 3-putts can happen on those aerated greens.  Don’t beat yourself up over 9 holes played under less than ideal conditions.

I guess what I’m saying is that your putting may not be as bad as you make it out to be.  You haven’t been playing or practicing, and you may have introduced a compensation for the quality of the greens.  It’s quite easy to unconsciously move your body during the stroke.  Monte pointed that out to me at a clinic, and I have to work prior to each round to eliminate it.  Get back on that green and putt with a purpose.

However, since I am also a MGS Forum Member, I would suggest that you should awaken your club ‘ho tendencies and pick a putter; something totally off the wall.  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Since this is MGS.  I thought Id add a little data to my story 

So i did a quick Ex Putt session to ger some current.    Now i will say i know EX Putt is not real putting.  But having had this for probably 5 yesrs or so.  It is very good on your path and face data. 

As you see my tendency is in to out path and slightly closed face.   during this session i had prwtty good distwmce control and made 7 of the 20 putts from 10 feet.  Which is 35%.   Just below Tour average abd well above the 20% a 18 handicap wpuld have.  My handicap is actually 17.1. right now.  

Now to be fair after this. I played a 9 hole ij challenge mode where you had putts from 26 to 51 feet with some uphill and downhill and big breaks. 

They place you on the green in regulation and you go from there.   I had 22 putts so not much better than yesterday.  Now i do think there were 3 putts that went in that it didnt catch.   But still 19 would be too high.  

on a good round i normally have 29-31 putts  i averaged 33.5 according to the GHIN stats   

IMG_0550.png

IMG_0548.jpeg

wow - Exputt looks awesome; I wonder if when you set your putter down, the face closes or opens? also - do you hover the putter or sole it on the turf?

33 putts per round is really good. Fewer than 2 putts per hole is nice.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024: