Testers Announced! Stix Golf Sets ×

I have a PRGR for Stack training, and a Foresight CG3 for my simulator. The foresight is great. The ball flight is projected extremely quick on the screen. No delay like a track man. Have to put a sticker on the club for club data. I put one on my driver, seven iron and wedge. I use the sim almost exclusively in range mode. 

Would love a golf monitor.  With the advancement in technology, I dont feel like you need to spend 4-figures on one.  My goal is to try and pinch pennies for the newer skyrack+. Looks like that one has soo much to offer for the price.  Hopefully the prices may go down by the time that mound of pennies is ready lol.

Callaway Paradym TD: Driver, 3W

Srixon 3 Hybrid 

Srixon ZX5ii 4-6 iron (+1 deg)

Srixon ZX7ii 7-P

Vokey SM9 52, 56

Cleveland RTX FF2 58

Odyssee AI1 Milled T2 Blade

Bridgestone RXS

Foresight GC3 (ball enabled) - UK based so this is our BLP

Fantastic bit of kit for our DIY golf sim, love that you don't need much room for it to work.

I wish club data was a bit cheaper to make it worthwhile getting. Foresight software isn't fantastic so we use GSPro instead which is brilliant.

Use this for all practice, never go to the range anymore and for rounds of golf during winter

In the bag:

Driver:  Ping G430 Max 10K, Tensei Orange 55X

Woods: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3W
Hybrids:  Taylormade Stealth Plus 3H, Cobra RADSPEED One Length 4H
Irons:  Srixon ZX4 MKII, 6i-9i
Wedges:  Cleveland CBX Zipcore 44° and 50°, Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full Face 56° 
Putter:  Taylormade Spider GTX
Chipper (!): Cleveland Smart Sole 4.0

Balls: Wilson Staff Model

28 minutes ago, MissionMan said:

SkyTrak plus 

I got it because our practice nets at the golf club don’t have any space to set up a launch monitor behind, and we don’t have a driving range. wanted something to gauge how my swing was going because I noticed the nets can be deceptive, potentially leaving you in a position where you don’t know if you have a slight pull or push. 

I’m pretty happy with it so far, although I’d love a GC Quad due to the face impact information. Alternatively, would be good if Skytrak released face impact info as part of a future software upgrade.

The space behind issue is exactly why I am looking at the SkyTrak plus!

D -TSR2

3 wood - TSR2

Apex tour 22 irons

Mixture of wedges

Odyssey putter

I don't have one currently but have been looking into getting one in the very near future.

I've been considering a PRGR Portable Launch Monitor for the very short term and will be getting either a Garmin R10 or Flight Scope Mevo Plus later in the year.

That handicap won't come down on it's own!

WITB: Cobra Speedzone Driver, 3-wood, 4-hybrid and 3-hybrid. Irons are Inesis 500 (yep, that's the Decathlon irons and I love them). Callaway Jaws wedges (50, 54 and 58) and a Wilson Staff Infinite II Buckingham putter. Always hitting TM Tour Response balls without the stripes.

No one mentioned the PRGR. For very little money it has helped me change my game from 50 yards out from a serious weakness to a notable strength (based on Shots Gained data from Shot Scope). Club speed readings have helped me groove a #1 swing (30 mph) and #2 swing (40 mph). Knowing what each swing type will produce with each club from 7I to 60-degree gives 14 predictable outcomes. I used to fear chips and pitches, now I relish them.

I also use it at the range, though its limited data does not show the 2 full-swing metrics I am working on (attack angle and swing path). 

Had an OG Skytrak and while I enjoyed it I had a craving to learn and get more data points to understand my game better and how to fix things... Recently upgrade to a Bushnell Launch Pro and should have just wen this route from the jump.

FSX is kind of a pain compared to the SkyTrak program but FSX can do alot more. As far as game play with actual courses both can use GSPro so it doesnt matter. And GSPro is basically the end all be all if you have a sim.

DRIVER PING.png G425 MAX w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 65 S 12*

*DRIVER TESTING CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Ai SMOKE MAX D w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 S 10.5*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 75 S 15*

HYBRID PING.png G425 2h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 75 S 17*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 75 S 22*

IRONMIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 4i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105 S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115 W 50*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*

Rapsodo MLM 2 Pro... Great unit when it's working, but there have been a lot of frustrations along the way. 

Titleist TS3 8.5 Driver 

Ping G425 MAX 5 Wood 

PXG 0317 X Prototype 5 Hybrid

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 52, 56, 60

Cleveland Huntington Beach Premier

To be able to get the information on every ball strike would be amazing, but the launch monitors with ball strike information to help are still extremely expensive, so no I don't own one and haven't the budget for those type of launch monitors 😔 

Ping 425 LS 9' Driver Mizuno JPX921 forged irons Mizuno T22 50' 54' 58' wedges and Ping putter

I’ve set up a SkyTrak system in my living room complete with a retractable screen. It’s been fantastic, offering the benefits of a high-quality golf simulator without the need for as much space as some radar-based systems.

Young

I have the Garmin R10 with E6 for software. I plan on upgrading to gspro. It took a lot of tweaking to get the system to run and give accurate numbers. I also have a PRGR, I used this a lot to compare numbers and dial in my R10 settings. For the price point it's hard to complain about the accuracy, provides a lot of fun for me and my kids to play golf in the garage year round. It's also easy to shift the unit around which is helpful as my one son is a lefty. I don't regret the purchase at all and it has helped my game significantly just providing some feedback on my swing, I wouldn't say it competes with a GCquad but it serves it's purpose well at a significantly more affordable price window.

Ian Lydon

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9.5

3W: Cobra LTDx

3H: Callaway XR 16 Pro

Irons: Titleist T100 (2023) PW-6, Titleist T200 (2023) 5-4

Wedges: Sub 70 (52 and 58 Tester)

Putter: Ping Anser G2

Garmin R10, love that I can use indoors at home, or throw it in my bag and bring to the range.  

Driver - Ping 425LST 10.5

3W - Calloway White Hot

4H - Taylor Made Stealth 2

Irons - 5-A Calloway Rogue

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52,56)

Putter. - TaylorMade Spider

I have a Garmin G80. It is a GPS, Launch Monitor, and Simulator all in one. I bought it while I still lived in Colorado. I added a decent hitting mat and a net and was able to keep a swing grooved through the winter and have a GPS for the course when it was warmer. I’m also able to track my club yardages with it. Just as accurate as Arccos, no monthly fee.  Money well spent!

Edited by archship

Driver, 5W, 4H, 5H, 6I - 9I, PW, AW:  Callaway Rogue ST Max

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58* Satin Low, 54* Black High, 50* Raw Mid

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot OG 7S 

Balls:  Pro-V1 from March - October

Supersoft from November - February

Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart circa 2004

Don’t own one but have a pretty simple wish list. I want to buy a GC3 for the price of a mlm2 😂😂

Somewhere in the rough.

I own a GC Quad for about 6 years or so.  Full sim in garage w/12' impact screen, 4K projector etc.  Has taught me I am not nearly so good as I think...... 🤣

I bought my son a Mevo+ for Christmas.  Loves it.

wbs

WBS

I have the mevo +. For the price, I have been overall very happy with it. It is very accurate with outdoor use and the portability is convenient. I do sometimes struggle with accurate reading when hitting into a net. After nearly every firmware update, I have to reconfigure my distances (monitor to ball, ball to net) for accurate readings. 

Ryan Benefield

I have a second hand PRGR I use for speed training.  No complaints for that usage.

Got the SwingCaddie SC4 in October 2023.  Love the sim feature with their E6 partner.  Getting all kinds of sim rounds in.  I will say the auto putt is much better on the sim than I am in real life.

I do wish the SC4 had a side spin reading.  

image.png.ec3258f68804a296fe187fb0e760a2e2.png

Driver/3H :callaway-small: Mavrik 22
5H/SW: :callaway-small:Edge 
5-PW: :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56/60: Kirkland Signature 
Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

Rapsodo MLM but not a fan. It misses a lot of shots, and I've had to re-set several times. If it's hot especially. I've even tried an umbrella to keep the sun off it, but to no avail. 

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

They have become a lot more affordable and a lot more capable in a pretty short time. 

Devices like the Garmin R10, Rapsodo units and others are all well priced and perform great. Do you own one of these? Or have you stepped up into the Uneekor, FullSwing, Bushnell, Foresight or even Trackman space?

What is it you like about yours? What do you wish they had? How do you use yours as part of your normal routine or game? 

If you don't have one what would you want to buy or put on your wishlist?

I have had 2 different models of personal launch monitors. I have had the Sky Trak and now I have the Bushnell Lunchpro. Both were very affordable and have great features. With the Bushnell you do get more data and a little more accuracy. This is my second full year with the Bushnell and my handicap went from a +1.3 to a +4 in 2023. Now is that all the launch monitor no. But knowing the numbers on your misses has helped me more than anything. We will see this year where we end up but I highly recommend anyone of these devices if you are looking to improve your game at home.  One thing people never mention with and at home monitor or net is you will go through golf balls!  Hit hundreds of wedges and you’ll understand why your local driving range does not have good golf balls. 

IMG_0367.jpeg

IMG_0365.jpeg

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

I don’t have a launch monitor. Most are well out of my price range but fortunately that market is changing. The Rapsodo MLM2PRO is on my radar.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Garmin R10, as a radar-based system it is accurate and affordable, but the trade-off is that you can't use it to putt. It also has the advantage over the camera-based systems (looking at you GC Quad, SkyTrak etc...) that you can have left and right golfers hit without having to move the LM between each shot.  The R10 integrates seamlessly with GSPro (either through the Garmin Golf app  or directly using one of the many open source interface applications available on GitHub). For the price, it is very hard to beat.

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 Max (Mitsubishi C6 Blue 60S 2022) chosen as one of the lucky testers of the Autoflex Dream 7 shaft!!!

Hybrids: Taylomade Qi10 3 & 4 Rescue (Ventus TR  HB Blue 6R)

Irons: Taylormade Qi 5-PW (Ventus TR Blue 6R)

Wedges: Cleveland RTx 4 52/56/60 Wedges (True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Tour )

Putter: Cleveland Frontline 10.0

New Gamer Ball: Taylormade 2024  TP5x 

I do not currently own one but I built a detached garage with extra height specifically for setting up an at home simulator. A bit of indecisiveness has hit. I’d love to be able to look at gc quad, full swing, that level of technology. 

I live in Maine so an appropriate setup for winter seems necessary. 

I purchased the original Skytrak a few years ago and absolutely love it. Living in Upstate NY I get a lot of benefit from it during the winter months when outdoor golf isn’t possible. I find it to be very accurate to my distances on the course and ball flight. 

Two things I’ve learned over the years:

1. Make sure you have good wifi or are hardwired to your device running the software. 
2. The LM is only as good as the setup. If it needs to be so many feet behind or level with the hitting surface, then you need to make sure it is. Otherwise you’re going to have a ton of issues and misreads. If the hitting surface is loose and moves a ton for a LM that sits on the same surface is also going to cause issues. 

If done right, it’s a fantastic practice tool and the sim course softwares are awesome. Some better than others. 

Whatever you do, do your research for your space and needs. 

I bought the Rapsodo MLM2Pro when it first arrived on the scene to use at the range. Then I turned a small spare bedroom into a simulator but did not have enough room to use the MLM2Pro. So I bought a SkyTrak+ since it didnt need to be behind the ball. I also bought a PRGR due to starting Stack Speed Training. The Rapsodo then upgraded to where it can do swing speeds without using a ball and I seem to have enough room behind my swing area for it to capture adequate swing speeds. So I stopped using the PRGR and will sell that soon.

"Stay in the short grass"

I have the Rapsodo mlm 2 pro and I do really like it. I have a set up in the back yard and I do have some connectivity issues. But all in all I think it’s an accurate unit and is a lot of fun. If I had a bigger bank account I would go GCquad but the Rapsodo is really solid

IMG_2169.jpeg