Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

PGA Tour Draft: Who is your dream team?

RopeItGolf

Basketball teams around the league will be looking for new talent Thursday night as the 2012 NBA Draft gets underway. Teams looking to rebuild as well as teams that are looking for that one missing piece will pick up new players from colleges and universities around the world. These players will be anxiously awaiting phone calls from the general managers and head coaches of their new teams. Anthony Davis, the freshman phenom Forward/Center from the University of Kentucky, is expected to be taken by the New Orleans Hornets with the number one overall pick in what is considered to be a very talented draft class.

What if Tim Finchem, the PGA Tour's current commissioner, decided that it was time to change things up in the world of golf? What if he decided to make professional golf a team sport, and that all current professional players would be entered into a draft pool? Imagine that you're the manager of the golf team that has the rights to the first overall pick in this new “PGA Tour Draft.” Who do you pick?

There would be lots of factors to consider when trying to select the best golfer:

Skill – you would want to select the player with one of the best skill sets; a golfer that has all the tools of the trade – driving for distance and accuracy, a good short game, a great Golf IQ, etc.

Age – since this is the beginning of a new league, it would be ideal to select a player that is still in his prime

Character – a player that has good character, stays out of trouble on/off the course, gets along with other golfers would be a great pick

Expected Salary – you also want to get a good deal, the best golfer for the cheapest price

Overall Team Impact – a combination of all the above factors

Taking into consideration these five factors, it's time to make your selection. Who's it going to be? Do you take the player that has had the most previous success in Tiger Woods? Or do you take a player like Rory McIlroy who has the most potential upside? Fan favorite Phil Mickelson would be a popular pick among golf fans, and help draw a loyal fan base to your team. Now it's your turn to be the manager, and you're team is on the clock. Who's going to be your pick? Let us know on Twitter @TheRopeIt or by using the hashtag #GolfDynasty.

Check out the article here: http://theropeit.com/article/with-the-first-pick/

Who would be your "Starting Five"barkley(2).jpg

I am the inventor of The Rope It!

I run a newsletter, you can sign up here: http://www.TheRopeit.com/

Current or all time? Current? I'm going Rickie Fowler, massive upside and he sells as much gear/attire as anyone out there and if I'm an owner, I'm looking at talent plus earning potential and Rickie is still young, sells clothing, clubs, etc very well and he has a lot of talent.

All-Time? I'm taking Tiger Woods, and it's nowhere near close. The man is to golf what Jordan was to basketball. If he were 3-5 years younger, now, I'd take him now. He's got 10 good years left in him, and while that's a long time to make money, it's not as long as golf careers are.

Matter of fact, I'm changing my original thought right now. Give me Tiger Woods. He still has time to win plenty. He's his own brand, and no one on the planet sells more golf equipment than he does. Look at what OTHER OEM's are doing. He puts an AD DI in play, and they're now using either a made-for variation or offering it at an upcharge. That's other OEM's. Nike is right there at the top in club sales with TMag, Titleist, and Callaway. It's because of Tiger Woods. Tiger still has the talent to compete and win on tour (as he's already shown this year). Yep, give me Tiger Woods, he has everything going for him.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

What RB7 said. Tiger all the way.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Archived