Where are you from? Where do you play? Where would you be willing to travel?

Was thinking about how people meet up here to play.  Thought a running forum on where you live and where you play might help some newbies become more familiar with options of playing partners that live close to them.  Maybe we could even start a mini "tour" with stops in TX, The Northeast, FL, CA etc...Also list where you would be willing to travel to in order to play with another member.

I'll start...

I live in Northeast PA and play primarily in and around the Pocono Mts.  Would be willing to travel to Northern NJ, Central PA and NY state above Manhattan.

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

I live in Columbus Ohio. Pretty much play around here but wouldn't mind trying different courses in ohio

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

• SPY VIP

All ears, just not so sure I understand what you are asking for.  Can you try and explain again?

Someone may be able to answer this pretty easily - is there some way to create the 'content tags ourselves? If so, it would be useful to tag the locations in your posts on this thread so they are easily searchable. 

#TruthDigest

All ears, just not so sure I understand what you are asking for.  Can you try and explain again?

Cool, at the top of the thread (under the header) there is a content tag named 'One thread to rule them all' - if you float the mouse over it it says click to find more related content or something similar. My query is whether I, for instance, can create those tags in my post so that when I say that I live in Honolulu, HI that would become a content tag that someone else could click on to find content that contains that tag.

Not sure if that's making much more sense lol

Could we simplify it and have a map with a pinned avatar of each person and approx where they are from ( general area, not street address) and then when you click on the persons avatar pic on the map it allows you to email them?

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

Could we simplify it and have a map with a pinned avatar of each person and approx where they are from ( general area, not street address) and then when you click on the persons avatar pic on the map it allows you to email them?

ooh, that'd be cool!

I'm in the Atlanta area (40 minutes north in a small town).  If I named the town people would say WTF.  I have small kids at home so the most I could really feasibly travel would be a few hours unless it was planned out well ahead of time.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I live in Pittssburgh and would be willing to travel 5-6 hours when I'm able to health-wise, so I'd say over to Hulk's neck o the woods east, over to Sean(Mr_Theoo) west, though if I broke it up, stay a day or two in Columbus, then head to Hoosier Country & Bonesy for a few days.  I'd go south to Southern WVa-VA. North, up to Buffallo-Niagra.

I'm single, so I throw my bag, shoes & a duffle bag in my SUV and I'm gone.

My first intent when I'm able is to first go west and hit Sean in Buckeye land, and then head over to Bone's place.

LMAO, they through me outa Indiana once, though that was only till I graduated from college, so I'm good now.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Make sure to call me to play,  I'm 30 min from JBones...

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I'm in the Atlanta area (40 minutes north in a small town).  If I named the town people would say WTF.  I have small kids at home so the most I could really feasibly travel would be a few hours unless it was planned out well ahead of time.

I'm in the same boat with the kiddos.  No whim trips for me...

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I'm in SE South Dakota and HOPE my retirement funds allow me to do some traveling.  I generally play courses around and between Sioux Falls & Brookings, SD but have family I visit regularly in downstate Illinois and near Boston, MA.  The season is almost over here, but we'll see how the travel situation looks next Spring.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I'm in the Kansas City area, there's a few of us near enough but we've never managed to get together.  I'd like to though!  For just a round, I don't know that I'd want to drive more than a couple hours unless it was a special circumstance.  Hoping to be able to make one of the MGS trips if I can ever pull it off!  

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I'm in NE Ohio, around Akron. I would travel up to 4 or so hours, so Buffalo, Erie PA, VA, WV etc are all in the relm of possibility for me.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

great responses so far, keep em coming

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

I'm in the NW suburbs of Minneapolis.  I'm also in the kid boat with our 2nd due in about a month so most likely not traveling for golf any time soon.  I have a hard enough time getting to the other side of cities, but if anyone wants to come up here I'm down for a round.

We did manage to get 7 of us MN folks together earlier in the year and I'm hoping we can do it again soon.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I'm from Woodland Hill CA. And mostly play around my area. I do go to San Diego from time to time.

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

SE MN, could travel an hour or two if planned out. But I 2nd hcky! Stil have a bit till winter! Maybe could get another gathering before the deep white stuff comes?

Driver: Taylormade R9 8.5° S

Fairway Wood: TBD
Irons: Cobra Amp 4i-9i
Wedges: SCOR 4161 43, 47, 51, 55, 59
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Rossie XG

Bag: TBD

I'm from Woodland Hill CA. And mostly play around my area. I do go to San Diego from time to time.

ill be in sandiego this january, if I bring my clubs ill hit you up

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

ill be in sandiego this january, if I bring my clubs ill hit you up

Sounds Good HULK!

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

MPLS Minnesnoooooowta. Been playing a bit with the one and only SPY ZINGER and Barbajo lately. Still want to hit up hckymeyer's course again. 

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

I'm 3 miles north of Ponte Vedra, home of the Players, and am also 30 minutes from World Golf Village.  In addition to being able to host at the Stadium at reduced rates, I'm willing to go anywhere in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and the Gulf Coast of Alabama and Mississippi.

Since my son is in Milwaukee, I'd also consider a southeast Wisconsin event (pricey, but playing the Blackwolf Run, Whistling Straits and Erin Hills courses would be an awesome few days (US Women's Open, PGA and US Open courses)).  I have connections for access to all of them.   

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

I'm 3 miles north of Ponte Vedra, home of the Players, and am also 30 minutes from World Golf Village.  In addition to being able to host at the Stadium at reduced rates, I'm willing to go anywhere in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and the Gulf Coast of Alabama and Mississippi.

Since my son is in Milwaukee, I'd also consider a southeast Wisconsin event (pricey, but playing the Blackwolf Run, Whistling Straits and Erin Hills courses would be an awesome few days (US Women's Open, PGA and US Open courses)).  I have connections for access to all of them.   

Let me know if you ever make it up for that, I will join you.

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

Im in coastal South Carolina and have kinda settled down but don't get away from the Grand Strand too often unless it is job related. I don't really think there are any MGSers near me except for John Barry who is in VA Beach VA that's 6 hrs or so away and Rookie who is north of Atlanta which is about 6 hrs away. But I would travel a few hrs away to play and meet some of the great folks on here

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Just noting, Jacksonville in only 4 hrs from Charleston.  Don't know where on the SC coast you are.

Just noting, Jacksonville in only 4 hrs from Charleston.  Don't know where on the SC coast you are.

Duh, just noticed Garden City in your sig.  Add another hour to that.  Still not too bad!

Archived