Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Dynacraft Prophet MB Forged Irons

JAGolfore

I see where you're coming from. I just don't have any equipment like the loft/lie machine. Thought about it just so I could adjust my own clubs if needed. I do have a nice lie board and some sole and face impact stickers. I've posted pics before showing my results. My lie board is sort of unique. It has grooves/ridges running the length of the board. It shows distinct marks (as opposed to scuffs) on the sole as to swinging inside out or outside in or straight. Same idea just a different take is all. I somewhat have a feel for the type of shaft I like but that's about it. I currently have Aerotech Steel Fiber i80's R in my irons and love them. We tried many different shafts at my fitting. Steel and graphite. I could easily see myself getting better equiped to try some of the things like you do. I think it'd be fun. And... being able to do the things like you do would save a ton of money. That's always good.

Thanks for your information. Let us know how they play for you. They sure are nice.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'm still waiting to get a loft/lie machine so I can do my own. At the moment I'm playing the lie that was standard to my club heads when I made them and I'm certain it's hurting my game...one thing at a time though.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Plaid Jacket, that lie board sounds great.  That would even be a helpful teaching tool.  The tool next on my list is the Tom Wishon  Shaft Bend Profile software.  With this I can compare over 2500 shafts and their bend profiles to see how other shafts will compare to what I currently like.

I will be getting out on Saturday to hit these and I will report back.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Ahhhh Wishon. Music to my ears. He's a smart son-of-a-gun.

I'll be interested to hear how your round goes. I'm kind of expecting good. But with some adjustments to your clubs afterwards. As expected perhaps. You'll get them dialed in.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

I'm still waiting to get a loft/lie machine so I can do my own. At the moment I'm playing the lie that was standard to my club heads when I made them and I'm certain it's hurting my game...one thing at a time though.

It only costs about 5 bucks a club to adjust the loft/lie. If you look around you might find someone to do it for much less. No need for the expense of a full machine.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I do my lie checking a little differently than some. I have an old soft Astroturf mat that actually came from a range that closed up. I bought a lot of their equipment because I was in the golf wholesale/resell/used equipment business for myself at the time and I kept this one for me. I use painter's tape and hit down on the mat and check it each time and get the idea. With the wedges I hit down so much it leaves the mat residue on the sole and I can tell from there. I guess I am fortunante In the fact that I have my own loft and lie machine left over from my old golf shop days and do all my own adjustments

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

It only costs about 5 bucks a club to adjust the loft/lie. If you look around you might find someone to do it for much less. No need for the expense of a full machine.

The one I'm looking at doesn't have the gauges on it, so it's about $150. I just want to use it for lie adjustment using the sharpie method.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Ok guys, I got to go out and play this weekend. It was not the warmest day on Saturday but it was great to get out.  We tee'd off at 9 am and it was about 44*.  My first thought with these irons was that they have great feel and feed back.  I knew when I hit it on the sweet spot, and I knew when I missed, but I never had a stinger.  That to me was great.  I hit a few shots that I felt would have stung with my old set.  I need to play a few more rounds with them to see if any tweaks will need to be made due to makings some poor swings and being the first round of the year.  I ended up shooting a 74 (+2).  For my first round of the year I was very happy and know where my weaknesses are.  I feel these irons will be a great addition to my game and I am looking forward to next weekend and playing again.  If you have any questions about the irons please feel free to ask.

Thank you all again.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

You're solid. To lay off for an extended period and come back shooting 2 over is damn good. Glad to hear your new sticks worked nicely for you. You'll probably have a few tweaks. No biggie.

Plaid Jacket, thank you for the kind words.  And yes I fully expect some tweaks to be made.  Just want to do it once and make sure its the changes needed and not the swing.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

• 3 weeks later...

Over the next few days and weeks I will be reviewing the Dynacraft Prophet MB Forged Irons from Hireko Golf.  I got them over the weekend and will be installing FST 115g X shafts and Lamkin REL 3Gen grips.  I have attached photos of the clubs and they look great so far.  I will be reviewing them on everything from the specs to how they fell and will do so for the other components involved.  I will also be sending them to the USGA for groove testing.  If you have any questions please feel free to ask them and stay tuned.

Great looking clubs . i have built several sets from Dynacraft they have all been very good equipment.

The shafts seem to be the most important part of a club. Hoping to hear about the FST shafts.

Adams F11 driver voodoo shaft

Adams F11 3 wood voodoo

Cleveland 3 and 4 hybrids dst,s

Ben Hogan Apex Edge Forgedvarious putters Adams 62, Voit tornado like a bulls eye , nevercompramise sub 30 - 50

Precept Balls or titleist or any good ball I find

Quick update:  I have only got to play the one round so far with these clubs.  I will be getting more practice in the next few weeks as I prepare for a qualifier for the Chicago Mid Amateur.  I will keep you posted as to how the clubs perform.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

• 4 weeks later...

Update.....I have played a few rounds with these clubs.  They are not as forgiving as some irons I have hit, but they are very nice.  The sweet spot is smaller than most cavity backs and when you miss toe or heel the distance lost is noticeable.  That being said they do not spin off line on the miss hits they just end up short in a bunker or buried in the rough.  Also with the miss hits and playing in cooler weather I have not had one shot sting.   This is a nice feeling and something that helps when it is cold and you miss.  When hit solid the feel is very smooth and pure.  I have enjoyed hitting them very much and I think as the season progresses so will my game with these irons in the bag.  The month of May will hopefully bring a lot more rounds and I will update with some photos after this weekend again. 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Did you get them USGA approved yet? Have you played your qualifier yet?

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Big Stu, I did not get them tested yet. The CDGA (Chicago District Golf Association) told me for their events I do not need to have them tested and that if it comes up they have a portable tester. So that said I will have them tested at some point this year.

As for my qualifier it did not go as well as I had hoped. I shot 77 (+5) and finished 5th. I will hopefully know this Friday if I am in the field.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Played another round with these irons yesterday.  Par 72 6755 yds (71.5/121).  I shot a 71 (33-38) yes I fell a part ha.  I hit 15 of 18 greens, 9 of 14 fairways and had 32 putts.  There was not much wind and it was a great day to get a feel for the irons.  When I take a full swing with them I have confidence they will go where I want them to.  When in-between clubs I am still trying to figure out how to get it right, but that might be more my swing than the clubs.  Again the feel with these is great and I am getting more excited about playing them this season.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Big Stu,

I did not make the field.  I ended up missing out by 2 strokes.  The beauty of qualifiers.  On to try to qualify for the Illinois State Amateur next. 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Toomanymatts,

These will be staying in the bag all year, hopefully longer.  I really like how they feel and just need more time to get the swing in tune.  They feel very similar to the Maltby TE Forged.  Slightly larger head thou, especially in the shorter irons.  I do not mind and think this should make them more forgiving, but that is not always the case.  And time will tell, also the handicap will tell ha.

The wedges are awesome.  Very good feel and lots of bite.  They are very predictable out of normal rough and I enjoy them around the greens. 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*