Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Stamping your irons and wedges ?

Maverickping

Perhaps you or someone else can give some step by steps on how to do this, I tried this on an old wedge thankfully and it did not work well at all for me, I'm sure I did something or multiple things wrong.

BTW nice job! Those miuras look sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

First you need to get good, sharp stamps, like these: http://stamps.youngbrosstampworks.com/viewitems/hand-cut-hand-stamps/letter-sets-hand-cut-hand-stamps?

Then cover the area you want to stamp with tape and draw out where you want the letters.

Secure the club on a hard surface. I use the metal anvil on my vice. I also use double sided tape on the face to keep the club from slipping.

Then hammer the stamps into the club a couple of times. I think most people use a regular hammer, but I like a light sledge hammer. Since it has more mass, it takes less force from me to drive the stamp into the club giving me less of an opportunity to screw up.

Finally add your paint fill and clean the outside up with fingernail polish remover.

First you need to get good, sharp stamps, like these: http://stamps.youngbrosstampworks.com/viewitems/hand-cut-hand-stamps/letter-sets-hand-cut-hand-stamps?

Then cover the area you want to stamp with tape and draw out where you want the letters.

Secure the club on a hard surface. I use the metal anvil on my vice. I also use double sided tape on the face to keep the club from slipping.

Then hammer the stamps into the club a couple of times. I think most people use a regular hammer, but I like a light sledge hammer. Since it has more mass, it takes less force from me to drive the stamp into the club giving me less of an opportunity to screw up.

Finally add your paint fill and clean the outside up with fingernail polish remover.

Ok I think my first problem was the stamps, I was using very inexpensive stamps bought on Amazon. Thanks I will try these. Appreciate the tip.

Ok I think my first problem was the stamps, I was using very inexpensive stamps bought on Amazon. Thanks I will try these. Appreciate the tip.

Happened to me too the first time.

I got all the stuff maybe I should try this, if I do I'll post some pictures

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Too much of a club ho to stamp something on my clubs and hurt resale.

Life of a ho...

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I bought for my girl almost brand new Nike wedge that had been subjected to more than a few tries at stamping someone's name into it. I believe because of the customization it had lost almost all resale value and so I picked it up for $15.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Archived