jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

Me too....but man.... 200.00 ... that's not cheap.

Seriously. I have this in my cart right now... I’d love to find it a little less expensive. But then I try to put it in perspective, would I give up 2.5 rounds of golf this year to potentially gain 5-10% swing speed.... that’s not as hard of a decision. Lol

On top of that, I’ve been eyeing new (or newer) drivers over my G30.

And of course I’m looking at the stroke lab putters in hopes of getting a chance to review one.

I will prob order the super speed training today, and maybe a new driver after I’ve had a chance to see the gains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Can't wait to see who gets to test these beauties!
These pics are from a shop I was at a while back and just loved the feel of the club.  The weighting is darn near perfect and it is super stable.

IMG_20190218_163728.jpgIMG_20190218_164931.jpgIMG_20190218_164924.jpg

I'm liking mine so far. Did some grinding on Saturday on the practice greens for an hour. The feel is nice but I can't quantify if it's "more stable" than my ER2 was. The flow neck definitely helps my stroke personally, I almost don't miss left at all anymore. I'm tempted to go down to 32" but I can't find any info on whether or not the weights are changeable. I don't want it to throw the balance off because I like the swingweight right now.

4 hours ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

Thinking about picking up super speed after reading the reviews. Had it once and ended up selling it, which I regret st the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Do it. DOOOOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

Personally, thinking about demo-ing a G410 4H and ditching my 4i, and some wedges. I'm contemplating going with a set gap wedge like a 919 Forged or something. I rarely ever use my 52 for anything other than full shots and I feel like I'm not compatible with TT shafts that almost every wedge comes in stock

• Like 4

As others have already mentioned, I would love to try the stroke lab putters from odyssey. I handled one in a golf course pro shop and man they are very well balanced and look great as well.

Thinking about a 5 wood, maybe even a 7 wood.  

Also thinking about a new driver.  Ping G400 Max is on my radar, but if budget allows, I'll go with what a proper fitting suggests. 

Also thinking about regripping old irons.  I'm reviewing Golf Pride grips, and I jumped up to mediums. 

They feel great, and I wonder how they'd feel on some of my other irons.  🙂

PXG 1 iron... get rid of the 3 wood and the hybrid.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Shankster said:

If you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God can hit a 1-iron. Lee Trevino

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Great for fending off small Gators

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God can hit a 1-iron. Lee Trevino

Great for fending off small Gators

Haha!

Yes, I have heard the lighting thing. And I imagine it would fend off some gators.

I hit the ball really high, no flip just, sky high.... plus what’s the worst thing that could happen? I get the smack a gator and have a lighting rod if it doesn’t work out. Haha.
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Haha!

Yes, I have heard the lighting thing. And I imagine it would fend off some gators.

I hit the ball really high, no flip just, sky high.... plus what’s the worst thing that could happen? I get the smack a gator and have a lighting rod if it doesn’t work out. Haha.

I really don't think you want to be Ben Franklin while fighting a gator. It's a slippery slope from there... 😬

Edit: I wouldn't mind a 1 iron either. Looks like a lot of fun to try and hit. I do have a 15° 2 iron though and it's super fun to hit when you flush it. 

Edited by GB13
  • Like 3

I really don't think you want to be Ben Franklin while fighting a gator. It's a slippery slope from there...

Edit: I wouldn't mind a 1 iron either. Looks like a lot of fun to try and hit. I do have a 15° 2 iron though and it's super fun to hit when you flush it. 

I’ve seen a couple of guys years ago hit 1 iron well occasionally but that was a long time ago in a different galaxy. Haven’t seen one in a bag in a decade.
If you can hit it go for it!! Better man than me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rickp said:

I’ve seen a couple of guys years ago hit 1 iron well occasionally but that was a long time ago in a different galaxy. Haven’t seen one in a bag in a decade.
If you can hit it go for it!! Better man than me.

Yeah, the only problem is I can't hit it. I really shouldn't even be bagging a 2 iron, but I do just because it's fun to hit. It doesn't come out much in tournaments though. 

I really don't think you want to be Ben Franklin while fighting a gator. It's a slippery slope from there...

I used to play 1 irons, had a 2 iron a few years ago.

The 3 iron is 19°, and I hit it well most of the time.

Something about giant clubheads throws me off. Not that a 3 wood or a hybrid are giant, but I prefer the look of irons. Always have. More confident that I can put a good strike on the ball.

I honestly thinks it’s the bulge and roll face that gets me. My original drivers probably had a little of it but they were way more flat faced.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I used to play 1 irons, had a 2 iron a few years ago.

The 3 iron is 19°, and I hit it well most of the time.

Something about giant clubheads throws me off. Not that a 3 wood or a hybrid are giant, but I prefer the look of irons. Always have. More confident that I can put a good strike on the ball.

I honestly thinks it’s the bulge and roll face that gets me. My original drivers probably had a little of it but they were way more flat faced.

Yeah, I think that's my problem with hybrids too. For whatever reason it screws with my head, and makes the sweet spot look even smaller to me. 

I'm shocked I'm ever able to buy a club with how picky I am. Haha

• Like 1

Okay so I demoed (briefly) the TM mini Originial driver and I am pretty darn close to sold on it. Solid 240 carry with super low launch and spin. Could likely tweak it to get a bit more out of it but have to admit I'm a huge fan!

• Like 2

Okay so I demoed (briefly) the TM mini Originial driver and I am pretty darn close to sold on it. Solid 240 carry with super low launch and spin. Could likely tweak it to get a bit more out of it but have to admit I'm a huge fan!

What is your usual carry with your driver?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Haven't been a launch monitor recently with driver, but it would be closer to 255 260. I'll try and get some other numbers in the next couple days and really give it a good work through to see really what the difference between the g400 and mini is. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Haven't been a launch monitor recently with driver, but it would be closer to 255 260. I'll try and get some other numbers in the next couple days and really give it a good work through to see really what the difference between the g400 and mini is. 

So, would the mini be in your bag as a 3W replacement? Or as a driver replacement? Or, I guess it could be neither. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GB13 said:

So, would the mini be in your bag as a 3W replacement? Or as a driver replacement? Or, I guess it could be neither. 

No idea... I love my 3 wood and my driver. I would lean towards driver though. Lots of the courses here aren't very long so it could be cool to try out in that spot. 

I just got myself a new Callaway MD4 lob wedge to replace my fading MD2. Cannot wait to give it a go around the greens!

That’s on my list for this year!

15 degrees is a 1 iron. That’s what they were back in the day when some people (Jack Nicklaus) gamed them.

• Like 1