jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

... I am guessing "whomever" is about 99.9% of us  🤔

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Golf nut? Which of us on this forum would not happily take advantage of a free full bag fitting? 

did that upset you?

Posted (edited)

... LOL, not at all. ✌️  I just figured everyone on a golf forum would love a full bag fitting for FREE, even if they had no interest in new clubs. I just assumed we are all golf nuts here. 

Edited by chisag
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

congratulations. You are officially a true golf nut 😂

22 days from 'locked in' to getting a full bag fitting😂

Who said I am replacing anything.  The True Spec fitting process involves blueprinting your entire current set and seeing if anything can beat out what you already have.  I'd be elated if after a 3+ hour fitting they told me my bag is optimized.

• Like 5

G410 woods and hybrid. Have a ping tour van fitting scheduled for 6/12. Not looking to replace anything in those spots but if there’s significant improvement then who knows. Figured I’d take advantage of the Phoenix crew being here like I did for the g400 driver and hybo. Went a different direction for the fw but maybe we will come back to ping 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Who said I am replacing anything.  The True Spec fitting process involves blueprinting your entire current set and seeing if anything can beat out what you already have.  I'd be elated if after a 3+ hour fitting they told me my bag is optimized.

no-one

T'was an attempt at humour, that failed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

G410 woods and hybrid. Have a ping tour van fitting scheduled for 6/12. Not looking to replace anything in those spots but if there’s significant improvement then who knows. Figured I’d take advantage of the Phoenix crew being here like I did for the g400 driver and hybo. Went a different direction for the fw but maybe we will come back to ping 

Curious to hear what your experience is. I ruled out the LST 3w before I even hit it, but it's much more game able than any other low spin fairway wood I've tried. Absolute monster. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jlukes said:

That was before I won a free full bag fitting at the top fitting studio in the country (and arguably the world)

Are you saying True Spec is the top fitting studio or this particular True Spec location is the top in the country?   I've lost some faith in my local guys and this is an easy drive for me.

34 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Are you saying True Spec is the top fitting studio or this particular True Spec location is the top in the country?   I've lost some faith in my local guys and this is an easy drive for me.

True Spec the company is the top. All of their locations are Pga tour quality level fittings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

They. Are. LEGIT. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

They. Are. LEGIT. 

That’s what worries me (read bank account) 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Wedgie said:

You support the shaft or the head?  This is from a local fitter.

3/4/2019 – We have currently removed all of the Taylormade M5 Driver heads from our fitting selections, due to a universally inherent cracking problem on the composite portion on the sole of the club. These WILL NOT be available to hit until there’s a resolution to this problem and we have full confidence in the new product brought forward. We apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you, Frank

Yes, there was a small piece of the composite on the bottom that extended over the weight track. It has been corrected, they simply made the composite flush to the weight track, not sure why they wouldn't do that from the beginning.

• Like 2

Man as good as my new G410 SFT 7w is (and G410 SFT Driver for that matter), I wouldn't stop anyone from talking me out of replacing my G-Series SF Tech 3w & G400 SFT 5w (which I love to hit and know their distances exactly) with a all G410 SFT woods. This series of clubs has my total attention and irons are no different. Haven't hit them yet, but I really want to try the G410 irons and see if they would kick my GMax shovels out once and for all. So many good things flying around about PING's 2019 efforts it's hard not to ignore. Time to start thinking about selling off my legacy hobby gear (i.e.: hunting & shooting stuff) to fund my new "wants" I suppose...It would break my heart to let that stuff go, but I don't really see ever using it as I did back in the day ever again...

Sigh...decisions...

• Like 1

Went to a golf shop this morning to hit a few (Snowbirds out of town) new clubs. Mistake, the mats almost killed my shoulder. I can’t do mats that’s for sure. 4 months after the surgery is too soon.
They are giving me a couple of LH 7 irons to hit Monday when I play.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Got a fitting at club champion scheduled next Saturday for the top end of my bag. Driver is most likely gonna be my main focus but I’d also like to find a more forgiving FW and 3i slot as well

• Like 3

Thinking on a new bag for my clicgear. Got my eye on Ogio rtc or a c130. Oh the decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thinking about ALL of my clubs sitting at my locker at the club being unused as I recover from my surgery and longing to get them back in my hands playing again (soon)!  😄

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Thinking about ALL of my clubs sitting at my locker at the club being unused as I recover from my surgery and longing to get them back in my hands playing again (soon)!  😄

Heh...maybe send them some flowers..?😜

Joking aside, wishing you a speedy recovery!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Heh...maybe send them some flowers..?😜

Joking aside, wishing you a speedy recovery!

Thinking about trying to chip and putt shortly...perhaps this weekend

• Like 2

Thinking about putting my hybrid back in the bag. At the beginning of every season I swear that I’m finally going to learn to hit that thing straight. Then a few weeks later I toss it into the back of my closet again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1