jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

11 hours ago, Ronoc said:

I had the same issue last year. I struggled so bad when it came to the use of my 4i that I was afraid to even touch it. I tried and tried and tried to work the kinks out on the range. When it came to using it in the course it was a lost cause. Finally I sucked it up and looked at going with a hybrid and got hooked on the Callaway Rogue 4H and WOW! Easily my best club in the bag for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

That's good stuff! I can only hope I have similar results. It is a most frustrating predicament to be in. The last 2 "opportunities" I found the need for the 4i Sunday, I just left it in the bag and hit some "soft" 5w shots with mild success. But hitting a club like that is so counter-intuitive I don't expect that technique to be consistent at all. Thanks for sharing a success story with me! There is hope after all!🙂

• Like 1

Very close today to buying a G410, TS2 or F9. Luckily I refrained haha. 

• Sad 1

On 3/25/2019 at 12:55 PM, PING Apologist #9 said:

OK, I have to put new irons on the back burner for a bit until I can get a more glaring issue resolved. Playing yesterday, it became overly obvious that I have a definite gap issue near the top of my bag, and it's killing me. Has been for some time now, but it was a painful exercise every time I faced with an approach shot in the range of  170-190. This should be covered with my 4-iron. But I must have some stupid mental block with that damn thing and couldn't hit it to save my a**!!!! Gotta get a hybrid, cross-over iron or maybe even a 7-w working, cuz that range is just no joy for me...😩

Im just the opposite.  Played the Cobra F8 3 & 5 Hybrids for almost a year yet continue to hook them like there's no tomorrow.  So I put the Cobra F6 4 & 5 iron back in the bag.....Hopefully this will solve my issue.

• Like 3

OK, I have to put new irons on the back burner for a bit until I can get a more glaring issue resolved. Playing yesterday, it became overly obvious that I have a definite gap issue near the top of my bag, and it's killing me. Has been for some time now, but it was a painful exercise every time I faced with an approach shot in the range of  170-190. This should be covered with my 4-iron. But I must have some stupid mental block with that damn thing and couldn't hit it to save my a**!!!! Gotta get a hybrid, cross-over iron or maybe even a 7-w working, cuz that range is just no joy for me...

Cleveland Launcher HB 4 iron will solve your problem. You can purchase as an individual club for $99.95. You’re welcome!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

... Imo there is really only one reason to use a long iron instead of  hybrid. Especially since hybrids come in all shapes and sizes like a Srixon U85 iron like hybrid or a F9 wood like hybrid and shapes in-between the two. They are more forgiving, launch higher and almost always produce more distance. I still use a 4 iron because I am more accurate than I am with a hybrid.  When the time comes and I feel comfortable using a hybrid, I am sure practice and confidence will allow me to be as accurate as I am with long irons now, but that is down the road a few years. I hope. 😉  I compare most Am mens game to the LPGA and most have hybrids in their bags as opposed to long irons. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Wedgie said:

Cleveland Launcher HB 4 iron will solve your problem. You can purchase as an individual club for $99.95. You’re welcome!

Thanks Bud! Indeed I am open to suggestions despite my self-imposed world of PING. I hear an awful lot of good things about these and will definitely give one a test drive-Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Thanks Bud! Indeed I am open to suggestions despite my self-imposed world of PING. I hear an awful lot of good things about these and will definitely give one a test drive-Cheers!

The new G410 hybrids are pretty effin' nice. With the lie angle adjustments I think they'll fit a lot more golfers, especially those who have a difficult time not hitting hybrids left (me). They're definitely on my testing list.

• Like 2

I just got myself a new Callaway MD4 lob wedge to replace my fading MD2. Cannot wait to give it a go around the greens!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, yungkory said:

The new G410 hybrids are pretty effin' nice. With the lie angle adjustments I think they'll fit a lot more golfers, especially those who have a difficult time not hitting hybrids left (me). They're definitely on my testing list.

Big 10-4! I'm excited about the new hosel options as well...you KNOW they are on my list..😊

• Like 1

IMG_5196.JPG

Wandered into Dick’s and picked this up. Man does it look good. Feels good too!

I don’t need another putter....I don’t need another putter....I don’t need another putter...

• Like 6

IMG_5196.thumb.JPG.f668556f1dac766d0006809b292c2d7a.JPG

I don’t need another putter....I don’t need another putter....I don’t need another putter...

Oh man. 🤤 I have been drooling over the 5.5 since pics started surfacing. Just can’t justify that price tag especially with the Indy rolling so well.

• Like 1

After reading some of the posts regarding SuperSpeed, I'm thinking I might want to look into a set in the near future.

• Like 3

Oh man. 🤤 I have been drooling over the 5.5 since pics started surfacing. Just can’t justify that price tag especially with the Indy rolling so well.

I’m right there with ya. I’ll wait til they start showing up on BST forums haha

• Like 2

IMG_5196.thumb.JPG.f668556f1dac766d0006809b292c2d7a.JPG

Great pick up. I’ve been rolling it at the PGATSS every time I go in there, one of these days I’m afraid it’s going to come home with me.

Great pick up. I’ve been rolling it at the PGATSS every time I go in there, one of these days I’m afraid it’s going to come home with me.

Haven’t picked it up (yet). But the feel and weight of it is fantastic. If I didnt’ have so many putters right now...I may ponder it a little more haha

• Like 2

Got a OGIO Alpha Convoy 514 RTC on my mind.

• Like 1

Can't wait to see who gets to test these beauties!
These pics are from a shop I was at a while back and just loved the feel of the club.  The weighting is darn near perfect and it is super stable.

IMG_20190218_163728.jpgIMG_20190218_164931.jpgIMG_20190218_164924.jpg

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Can't wait to see who gets to test these beauties!
These pics are from a shop I was at a while back and just loved the feel of the club.  The weighting is darn near perfect and it is super stable.

I like the way these look, I just wish the shaft was black all the way down. Other than that, these are gorgeous putters. 

Thinking about picking up super speed after reading the reviews. Had it once and ended up selling it, which I regret st the moment.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

Thinking about picking up super speed after reading the reviews. Had it once and ended up selling it, which I regret st the moment.

Me too....but man.... 200.00 ... that's not cheap.

• Like 1