Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Post Your Questions For: Axis1Golf Designer

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

Q&A With Axis1Golf

We will be publishing an article on Axis1Golf in the next couple weeks and we wanted to get your input for the site.

Take a look at their website and the Axis1 putter and let us know what questions you have about this interesting but effective putter. We have tested this putter rather extensively and actually awarded it the "Most Innovative Putter" at last years PGA Show.

We will be picking between 5-10 questions to ask the designer and founder of Axis1Golf so post your questions below!

Axis1Golf.com

most-innovative.jpg

#TruthDigest

Q&A With Axis1Golf

We will be publishing an article on Axis1Golf in the next couple weeks and we wanted to get your input for the site.

Take a look at their website and the Axis1 putter and let us know what questions you have about this interesting but effective putter. We have tested this putter rather extensively and actually awarded it the "Most Innovative Putter" at last years PGA Show.

We will be picking between 5-10 questions to ask the designer and founder of Axis1Golf so post your questions below!

This is a very interesting concept. However, IMHO the key issue facing most "average" golfers is alignment. Numerous studies by noted putting teachers indicate that most amateurs (and many pros) are frequently misaligned. What is/are the advantage(s) of the Axis1 versus a more alignment-friendly design such as the SeeMore or similar designs?

Alternative question: Science in Motion (SAM) has found that swingweight is a very important and individual component to properly fit a putter. Can you alter the swingweight of an Axis1 without increasing the torque?

• 2 weeks later...
  • SPY VIP

Questions will be sent to Axis1 tomorrow...so please post your questions for the designer as soon as possible.

Thanks!

#TruthDigest

Given that looks may be the most important determinant of a putter's success (both in terms of sales and actual performance), and that a lot of golfers prefer "traditional" looking designs, how does Axis1 intend to overcome any possible aesthetics obstacles in making the Eagle more commonly accepted?

Since "hacks want to play what the pros play," how will Axis1 penetrate the pro tour market, especially considering how a lot of the top name golfers are already under contract with some of the bigger OEMs?

Or if Axis1 is looking for a smaller niche market, how else besides the physical design attributes will Axis1 differentiate itself from other putter manufacturers?

• SPY VIP

Good questions Moe...I think the first one is a crucial one. The first hurdle they have to get over is the unique shape and getting golfers to look past that and try their putter. Once they do that I think they will convert many golfers. I still use this putter quite often because it stays so square throughout the stroke.

The Ping Anser had many of these issues as well when it first came out...most golfers thought it was hideous...but then after testing they relaized how much it improved their putting stats and the change was made. So it will be interesting to watch.

#TruthDigest

Given that looks may be the most important determinant of a putter's success (both in terms of sales and actual performance), and that a lot of golfers prefer "traditional" looking designs, how does Axis1 intend to overcome any possible aesthetics obstacles in making the Eagle more commonly accepted?

Since "hacks want to play what the pros play," how will Axis1 penetrate the pro tour market, especially considering how a lot of the top name golfers are already under contract with some of the bigger OEMs?

Or if Axis1 is looking for a smaller niche market, how else besides the physical design attributes will Axis1 differentiate itself from other putter manufacturers?

Sorry Moe I obviously did not read the other responses before I did my own, I feel like a moron. Great Question LOL!!

Fairways and Greens

How would cutting down the shaft of their putter to my needed length (33") alter the "natural" stroke of the putter? I can't get to their website because of a firewall at work, but it appears only 34" & 35" versions are available at retailers so I'd have to cut it down.

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Archived