Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Most important club in the bag

Wedgie

Ball Retriever. Saves me $$$ over the course of a year.......

Ha ha ha.. So.. Does that have a PX 7.5 shaft in it or what? ;)

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha ha ha.. So.. Does that have a PX 7.5 shaft in it or what? ;)

MDGolfHacker

If you go with something a little lighter and more flexible, you can carry a longer retriever, thus getting access to all of those balls that mere mortals cannot reach....  I prefer Ladies Flex Graphite...  In extra length of course..

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I don't mean to be a pain but that phrase has been proven wrong in many and various ways. I have no argument with someone picking putter but the driver has the ability to render the putter irrelevant. Pump three or four balls a round Into Hazzard's or the woods and putter becomes pretty meaningless.

A missed putt counts one. A missed driver often two or more. :(

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I do agree with this statement but if your Driver is an issue on certain holes don't hit it. I think most will try and hit driver on most par 4's and 5's. This is not really needed. If everyone would put the ball in play they will find they save strokes. This will put more pressure on your putting but you also do not rack up penalties.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

It depends on the day: if my putter is shaky, I'm not going to score well and will get frustrated. I think though the irons are still the most important. Helps saves bad drives and gives you chances to get birdies or pars depending on putting.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I'd have to say my 54 degree wedge.  got to save par when I miss the green

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

WITB:

Driver:   2017 M2 
3/5 Woods:  2014 Big Bertha 
4/5 Hybrids:  Mashie+ 
Irons:  Apex CF16 6-PW w/Recoil 110
Wedges:  RTX3 MB 48/54/58
Putter:  White Hot Pro #3 w/SS 2.0
Ball: â€‹Z-Star Yellow

Ball Retriever. Saves me $$$ over the course of a year.......

ok I'm changing my previous comment about 3 hybrid being the most important - its second to my new Callaway ball retriever

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Thanks for all the feedback. I guess for me I'll need to have several most important clubs. Driver, ball retriever to get the ball after the drive, 54 to chip on and putter to finish the double.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I do agree with this statement but if your Driver is an issue on certain holes don't hit it. I think most will try and hit driver on most par 4's and 5's. This is not really needed. If everyone would put the ball in play they will find they save strokes. This will put more pressure on your putting but you also do not rack up penalties.

Agreed that's why I amended it to tee ball. You have to hit a club that puts you in play 90 percent of the time. Not in the fairway but in play, not in a Hazzard, OB or behind a tree. In play with a chance to put yourself on in regulation or in a position to make a par.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I love my 3 hybrid to death. It get me out of trouble if my driver goes wayward or on them long par 3. I use it to putt with sometimes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Between the ears is the best club. Many of my rounds go south not because of a particular club, but rather I mentally jack it up. Using my brain on the course is death for me.

My grandpa once said " I didn't see you get mad when you hit a good shot" that stuck with me.

Sent from my SM-N920T using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My driver is the club that will determine my score for a round. If I hit it ok I'll shoot in the 70s. If I hit it sup par I'm gonna hit 75 shots and shoot 84...#OB

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

I gotta agree here with jacustomgolf and disagree with revkev. I think a good example is Tiger Woods, he has never been the man with driver (granted he was clutch with it when it really counted). He learned though that he could use 3-Metal and 2 iron to his advantage, but the putter is the only option on the green. You can use other clubs off a tee if driver ain't doin it that day. Also, a putter could cost more than. One stroke via three or four putts.

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

I gotta agree here with jacustomgolf and disagree with revkev. I think a good example is Tiger Woods, he has never been the man with driver (granted he was clutch with it when it really counted). He learned though that he could use 3-Metal and 2 iron to his advantage, but the putter is the only option on the green. You can use other clubs off a tee if driver ain't doin it that day. Also, a putter could cost more than. One stroke via three or four putts.

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

To further the point here are my last 2 days. Last evening the putter was on. Tonight it was just cold. Not off but nothing falling. Look at the driving not good and shot better because of the PUTTER.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Right now it is definitely the 3 wood. My driver has a mind of it's own right now and has been sending way too many balls to have a new home. The 3 wood has been stretching it's legs and saving me eating by eating up the yards. The wedges are a close second and can always make a day better by laying one up nice and close. If only I could figure out how to hit them 200 yards.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Well I did a great job of demonstrating the importance of driving for me today. In the woods the entire front nine until I discovered that a screw was loose on 12. You can't score if you can't get it in player off the tee.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm hanging my hat with the wedge crew! My go to is a 50* wedge. I use it for pretty much everything inside 100 yards excluding bunkers. Basically, if my short game is working, I can cover up my mistakes. Driver a little off? Good up and down fixes that! Can't make a putt over 10'? Wedge to 5'! I think this is also known as the "Phil Mickleson" style of play. It doesn't matter how ugly you are off the tee if you have wedge magic!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

I'm hanging my hat with the wedge crew! My go to is a 50* wedge. I use it for pretty much everything inside 100 yards excluding bunkers. Basically, if my short game is working, I can cover up my mistakes. Driver a little off? Good up and down fixes that! Can't make a putt over 10'? Wedge to 5'! I think this is also known as the "Phil Mickleson" style of play. It doesn't matter how ugly you are off the tee if you have wedge magic!

My only question for this group or the putter group would be how do you recover from penalty strokes?

I fully agree that the driver can be a little off and you can still go low. But if the driver is more than a little off 20 footers for par or scrambling for bogey hole after hole gets old quickly. Soon one is posting in the why I stink at golf thread.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

My only question for this group or the putter group would be how do you recover from penalty strokes?

I fully agree that the driver can be a little off and you can still go low. But if the driver is more than a little off 20 footers for par or scrambling for bogey hole after hole gets old quickly. Soon one is posting in the why I stink at golf thread.

I would say this; the driver is the most dangerous club in the bag but not necessarily the most important. If I played a round without my driver I would lose 40 yards off the tee but probably only be a stroke or two down over 18 (maybe less if I didn't get any penalty strokes!). Now, if I didn't have a wedge in my bag (and you could say to a lesser extent, the same about a putter), I would be in real trouble for a wide variety of shots. 

Conversely, you could be a great driver of the ball, hit all your fairways, etc. and you can be a solid putter but if you don't have a good short game, there is just no way you're going to score well. For a more detailed take on this concept, please read the intro to "dave Pelz's Short Game Bible"

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

I side with the driver. Bad shots with that club can lead to big numbers that good putting can't make up for. Good shots with the driver lead to shorter birdie putts as well!

What's in my bag...

Driver:      TaylorMade R15 10.5• Aldila Rouge Black 60g stiff shaft

3 Wood:   TaylorMade R15 15• Aldila Rouge Black 70g stiff shaft

Hybrid:     TaylorMade  Rescue 4-21• Aldila Rip 65g stiff shaft

Irons:        TaylorMade  RSi TP Nippon NS Pro 950, stiff shaft

Wedges:   TaylorMade  50•, 54•, 58• Nippon NS Pro stiff shaft

Putter:      TaylorMade Ghost 

Ball:          Wilson DUO U

Bag:         TaylorMade 

Just means my wedge better be working well so I can recover. This is another reason why wedge is so important

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Any club I use around the green for chips/pitches. If I miss the green, more pressure is on whichever club it is I decide to use that, hopefully, gets me close enough to the hole to get an up-and-down and keep par. Sometimes it's a wedge, sometimes it's a 7 or 8 iron. These are the shots that save a round for me!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I will say for myself I can park the driver at almost anytime and shoot close to the same score. Penalty shots are strokes very easily explained and very easy to fix. Say you hit 14 drivers and 2 of those go OB. That's still only 18 strokes total for your round. (4 penalty strokes/2 plus the 2 extra tee shots). On average you have between 28-32 putts a round. If you can make putts it can make up for mistakes. If you end up with over 20 strokes off the tee with driver then you need lessons. I will always feel I can save a good round with my putter. My driver has never lost me anything and it has never won an event either. Everything is on the greens.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

After getting my @$$ waxed last Wednesday on league, I'm going with driver. The guy I played was a BIG hitter.... and accurate. He had 3 legitimate 300+ yard drives that were right in the middle of the fairway... 1 on the green. He never had more than a wedge in, except on a par 5. I played bad, but I still wouldn't have beaten him if my game was on. You can't beat distance coupled with accuracy.

I would say this; the driver is the most dangerous club in the bag but not necessarily the most important. If I played a round without my driver I would lose 40 yards off the tee but probably only be a stroke or two down over 18 (maybe less if I didn't get any penalty strokes!). Now, if I didn't have a wedge in my bag (and you could say to a lesser extent, the same about a putter), I would be in real trouble for a wide variety of shots.

Conversely, you could be a great driver of the ball, hit all your fairways, etc. and you can be a solid putter but if you don't have a good short game, there is just no way you're going to score well. For a more detailed take on this concept, please read the intro to "dave Pelz's Short Game Bible"

I love Dave Pelz but statistics say otherwise. It is in fact about ball striking. The best players are the best ball strikers.

Sorry Dave

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

There are so many variables in a round that could dictate the most important club in the bag for that day. For me it's usually one of 2 clubs. The 56* for those approach shots onto small, quick greens, especially in the summer with hard, Arizona greens. The second club has to be the driver and for the reason that the more I keep my ball on the green stuff (instead of the desert) the better score I have.

Irons: :ping-small: G30's, Black dot, Nice and Stiff
Driver: :ping-small: G30 LS TEC, Aldila RIP X-stiff
Got the righty swing going
Home is Peoria, AZ
13 Handicap

Archived