Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Best Major of 2017?

STUDque

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me the British was the best. Spieth in a what looked like a death spiral right the ship and finish strong, all while Kuchar was playing top notch golf.

Next would be the Masters. That Sergio win was great.

I'd go with the US Open next. koepka dissected that course and played the best all four rounds. I may be in the minority, but I liked how the course played. It allowed for a number of different styles while properly chastising those who made bad decisions.

The PGA is last for me. JT def won it while everything else fledged and choked. He deserved the win but it didn't translate into a whole lot of exciting golf.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

Overall, I kind of felt like all 4 of these were a little ho hum. They each had flashes of brilliance but none totally captured me.

The most recent tournament that I really remember being captivated for throughout is last year's US Open when DJ went on to win after being utterly snake bitten in past majors. He even mentally overcame the looming penalty shot.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Overall, I kind of felt like all 4 of these were a little ho hum. They each had flashes of brilliance but none totally captured me.

The most recent tournament that I really remember being captivated for throughout is last year's US Open when DJ went on to win after being utterly snake bitten in past majors. He even mentally overcame the looming penalty shot.

I know it's been a while... but we need Tiger to come back and give us an unforgettable performance... just one, at least. Just to remind us how good he actually was. Highly unlikely, yes. Call me a sentimental guy, but I miss big cat cussing himself out.

- A.S.

Sent from #nothingfeelslikeamizuno dreamland...

I'm with you Shanks. Tiger brought me to the game and I think he deserves a proper send off. If it happens, it'll definitely be at the Masters.

I'm with you Shanks. Tiger brought me to the game and I think he deserves a proper send off. If it happens, it'll definitely be at the Masters.

I almost got teary eyed when that guy yelled "Come on Tiger, for old times sake" in whatever tournament that was. I agree, he needs a send off. But not yet, I need 3-5 more years of good Tiger before I'm ready for that.

- A.S.

He is in a pretty bad place right now. With the meds he has in his system, I'd say severe depression. Maybe we should all send him thinking of you cards. 😃

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

I'm a huge Jordan Spieth fan, but the US Open is my favorite tournament every year. It's Fathers Day weekend so I get to watch golf all day Sunday without any fuss.

Driver:  Titleist TSR4
3 Wood: Taylormade Stealth Plus
2 Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi
4-GW IronsMIZUNO PRO 225
Wedges 51* and 56*: Honma TII World
Putter: PXG Spitfire GEN2

He is in a pretty bad place right now. With the meds he has in his system, I'd say severe depression. Maybe we should all send him thinking of you cards.

Ummmmm....,.,no

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I know it's been a while... but we need Tiger to come back and give us an unforgettable performance... just one, at least. Just to remind us how good he actually was. Highly unlikely, yes. Call me a sentimental guy, but I miss big cat cussing himself out.

- A.S.

I think it's funny that when Tiger used to cuss himself out and show all that emotion, everyone was all for it.

Now JS does the same thing, and the people who loved when Tiger did it, cannot stand it when JS does it. Just funny to me.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I think it's funny that when Tiger used to cuss himself out and show all that emotion, everyone was all for it.

Now JS does the same thing, and the people who loved when Tiger did it, cannot stand it when JS does it. Just funny to me.

Well. JS complains about the course and spectators and such. Tiger was just hard on himself but wasn't out there actively showing up bystanders.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Well. JS complains about the course and spectators and such. Tiger was just hard on himself but wasn't out there actively showing up bystanders.

Uh... which Tiger Woods were you watching? I seem to recall him being pretty aggressive with crowds, particularly when cameras were going off.

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Uh... which Tiger Woods were you watching? I seem to recall him being pretty aggressive with crowds, particularly when cameras were going off.

Yeah you're right. He would stick Stevie on the patrons.

I guess I should revise my statement to say JS just complains about the course and course setup.

Correct. I saw TW play live in maybe 8-9 majors and he was no walk in the park. Around the practice range he wasn't too bad, focused but not friendly.

I got to the point where preferred following other top Pros who weren't as, this may not be PC "full of themselves ".

He's trying to work on his image but he's really not a nice guy. Phenomenal golfer gotta give him that.

Rick

Left Hand, 

agree!

Rick

Left Hand, 

agree!

I'm not trying to cause strife here with that statement. I was just finding it odd or funny that the same thing that people loved about Tiger, are the same things that people say are the reasons they dislike Jordan. I'm not a tiger fan, but it really has more to do with the media than him, I do like that they both wear their emotions on their sleeve, good or bad. It could be toned down a bit, but that's who they are.

Anyway, I think all 4 majors were great, the PGA was awesome, but that's kind of biased as I was in the crowd.

My least favorite was the US Open this year, it wasn't set up correctly for a Us Open, and the scores showed it.

Masters is always good, and the Open had some good drama, and really good last few holes by 2 great competitors.

Since I was in attendance it has to be the PGA as the best, the excitement was electric coming Down the stretch.

Emotions are what we want. Remember back to the old tennis era, who did we love to have? John McEnroe. Why? because he brought passion, good or bad to the game. Hold needs a few more players to bare that emotion, not keep it in check. I like controversy.

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

Emotions are what we want. Remember back to the old tennis era, who did we love to have? John McEnroe. Why? because he brought passion, good or bad to the game. Hold needs a few more players to bare that emotion, not keep it in check. I like controversy.

GOLF, not Hold. Silly spell correct

Anyway, I think all 4 majors were great, the PGA was awesome, but that's kind of biased as I was in the crowd.

My least favorite was the US Open this year, it wasn't set up correctly for a Us Open, and the scores showed it.

Masters is always good, and the Open had some good drama, and really good last few holes by 2 great competitors.

Since I was in attendance it has to be the PGA as the best, the excitement was electric coming Down the stretch.

There's nothing like attending a sports event live and golf Majors have an electric feeling all their own.

I'm happy u enjoyed yourself. They are a blast.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I'm not trying to cause strife here with that statement. I was just finding it odd or funny that the same thing that people loved about Tiger, are the same things that people say are the reasons they dislike Jordan. I'm not a tiger fan, but it really has more to do with the media than him, I do like that they both wear their emotions on their sleeve, good or bad. It could be toned down a bit, but that's who they are.

i don't believe U need to tone down anything. It is your opinion and I happen to agree with it. There will be people who disagree but it's their right and what makes this country, and sport pretty cool.

Rick

Left Hand, 

i don't believe U need to tone down anything. It is your opinion and I happen to agree with it. There will be people who disagree but it's their right and what makes this country, and sport pretty cool.

I wear my emotions on my sleeve from time to time... if everyone liked the same thing, it would be a rather boring world.

- A.S.

I wear my emotions on my sleeve from time to time... if everyone liked the same thing, it would be a rather boring world.

- A.S.

Years ago I was in business with a good guy and one of his favorite saying was "if 2 men in business agree in all things one of them is unnecessary".

He didn't make up the quote but u get the jist of quote.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Interesting perspective - I thought they were a well above average set of majors. A very nice set of winners with a worthy veteran getting his first in a playoff verses a former major winner, two young promising winners and another guy capturing the third leg of the grand slam. All were in question on the back nine ...

But to each his own. Your opinion is certainly as valid as mine.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Interesting perspective - I thought they were a well above average set of majors. A very nice set of winners with a worthy veteran getting his first in a playoff verses a former major winner, two young promising winners and another guy capturing the third leg of the grand slam. All were in question on the back nine ...

But to each his own. Your opinion is certainly as valid as mine.

Maybe my opinion is jaded because the players I found myself pulling for fell out of the mix. I'm not good at being impartial when I watch golf tournaments.

I'm taking this one sideways in a new thread.

Best Major of All Time

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?/topic/20899-Best-Major-of-All-Time

Nooooooo

giphy.gif