Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Puma Volition Golf Polo...Patriotic with a Russian Twist?

txgolfjunkie

I'm fortunate enough to play in the Navy Seal Legacy golf tournament here in the Houston area for the past few years. You're teamed up with a current or former Seal and it's a 5 person scramble. Lot's of fun, lots of crazy stories, etc. Well, my wife saw one of the new Puma Volition polos at a local PGA Superstore and bought it for me to wear in the tournament. What better way to show your appreciation for the military and this group of badass Americans that with some patriotic pride?!?

Here is the polo:

Puma.JPG

Puma2.JPG

Side story: During my childhood and teenage years, my grandpa always challenged me in identifying flags and finding that country on a map. To this day, I can still recall a lot of flags. 

This polo is patriotic, no one will deny that, but the order in which the color blocks are presented is in the same manner as the Russian flag.

RUssian.JPG

I knew it instantly but I didn't dare say it to my wife nor did I think anyone would notice at the tournament. 

Guess what, my Navy Seal knew exactly what flag I was wearing as soon as I introduced myself on the first tee. Then the tournament director got wind that someone was playing in a patriotic shirt disguised as a Russian flag. 

For 6 hours...yes, the round took 6 freaking hours...I was called Big Russian, Vlad, or Boris. So thank you Puma for this lovely polo. Maybe next time change up the order of the colors...especially with all the  Russia coverage in the news concerning the most recent presidential election. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Whoops! Way to represent there Ivan! Just kidding! :P

Wow! How could anyone forget the "red, white & blue" order..? Someone's gotta get fired for this one! :blink:

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Fantastic gesture by your wife; mine would have NEVER done that.  Maybe next time she can just buy you the camo version? :D

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Archived