Testers Announced! Stix Golf Sets ×

2018 Open Championship

Shankster

Not sure about anyone else, but I enjoyed the once again falling apart of my unfavorite player. Hearing him get snippy on 18 “aim for the center of the green”...”yeah, yeah”... was priceless.

They all knew what they needed to do to make history, and Francesco just waited and watched everyone else crumble while he pared himself to a big paycheck. I think it is a great story. A first major Champion for Italy. That's history not written very often.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about anyone else, but I enjoyed the once again falling apart of my unfavorite player. Hearing him get snippy on 18 “aim for the center of the green”...”yeah, yeah”... was priceless.

They all knew what they needed to do to make history, and Francesco just waited and watched everyone else crumble while he pared himself to a big paycheck. I think it is a great story. A first major Champion for Italy. That's history not written very often.

I'm glad we can always agree on JS and Tiger... lol...

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I may be in the minority. But I was extremely let down by the outcome.

I was sold excited when Tiger, Rory and Spieth we're all at the top and looked like it could be any of them.

Nothing against Molanari he did what others couldn't do, avoid costly bogeys and double bogeys.

But my gosh he's about as exciting as watching a turtle cross the road. And he just happens to be on a very well timed streak of playing well. But at age 35 or whatever he is, does anyone see sustained success for him. He's been a very decent player for many years and thst's probably what he'll return to very soon.

There were so many other great stories in those first 7 or 8 names. I would have preferred any of them.

Oh we well. Hope the PGA brings something exciting.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I did find it a bit anti-climactic. When there were 6 guys at -6, there was great potential for some excitement. I even had myself wondering what the record was for number of guys to make a playoff, but I thought it was cool watching Molinari play very steady and make a bunch of very clutch 5-6 foot putts while everyone else fell apart.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Test Currently In ProgressFit For Golf 2.0

How we feel is how we feel but this was a very normal major with normal results.

The line between top players and middle tier players is very thin. Molanari clearly played the best golf.

It's exactly how many majors have unfolded in my lifetime. Molanari is very much an Andy North, Hale Irwin or Nick Faldo type player. They win majors.

It also shows how hard it is to win a major and why five, like Phil, Faldo or Seve is a huge lifetime total.

I would have liked to see Tiger or Jordan win and am glad Rory didn't. But I loved the tournament and this week's (months) best player won.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

How we feel is how we feel but this was a very normal major with normal results.

The line between top players and middle tier players is very thin. Molanari clearly played the best golf.

It's exactly how many majors have unfolded in my lifetime. Molanari is very much an Andy North, Hale Irwin or Nick Faldo type player. They win majors.

It also shows how hard it is to win a major and why five, like Phil, Faldo or Seve is a huge lifetime total.

I would have liked to see Tiger or Jordan win and am glad Rory didn't. But I loved the tournament and this week's (months) best player won.

I would have like to see Xander win - you could see the pressure on his face the last few holes. Did he fold or wasn't it meant to be? Who knows but I give him credit for playing well. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Great summary there Rev, and I can't argue with  any of it.  I know it sounds like I'm not giving Molanari his due, and that certainly isn't my intent.  It's funny, I had this same conversation with a teaching pro friend of mine after  Oosthuizen won at St. Andrews in 2010, it was a very "boring" final round, but he put on a ball striking show that was very impressive, and did it in an understated way.    

I'm a big Rory fan, and I know more than a few don't like him, which I find hard to understand, but like you said, we feel how we feel.  His excitement that he showed when he made the eagle, was exactly what I like to see in a major or Ryder Cup or any big tournament.    He played solid down the stretch with 4 pars, but that wasn't good enough, he needed another birdie or two.   

I guess it could have been worst, they all could have collapsed and Eddie Pepperell could have won at -5 which the commentators were saying might happen.   I never really thought it would, but considering the condition he was in--self admittingly--it might have made for a very interesting press conference...ha

I would have like to see Xander win - you could see the pressure on his face the last few holes. Did he fold or wasn't it meant to be? Who knows but I give him credit for playing well. 

I would have been very happy to see him win.  I like to see players that have established themselves and won majors, win more.   Or to see very young players get one early and see what kind of jump that provides to their careers...ie. Jordan, Tiger and Rory. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

For me the best thing about Molinari winning is that an ordinary looking guy (not a gym rat)  with a good all around game can still win majors by outlasting the so-called "superstars" of the sport with steady play.  He proves once again that you don't need flash to win and that tournaments are played over 72 holes and they all count the same.  While I appreciate the games of Spieth and Woods and Rory etc., I find the level of hype in golf broadcasting to be increasingly irritating.  How many times have we heard, "Oh player X is so good at this or that aspect of the game" only to watch them muff a shot or end up 20 feet from the flag.  It reminds me of watching U.S. hockey broadcasts which are ruined by the constant hyping of player talents as if they are somehow above the game.  In golf, like hockey, players are better because they are statistically better.  They win more because they are 5% better at this or 10% better at that, not because there is a single aspect of their game that always works which is the way they tend to portray it.  

I will add also, I'd be perfectly happy if they made Carnoustie the permanent home of the The Open Championship, or I guess rotate it with St. Andrews to keep the historians happy.   Of course it would never happen, it's just a shame we have to wait 10 to 12 years to see it there again, baked out fairways and all.   I loved it. 

I will add also, I'd be perfectly happy if they made Carnoustie the permanent home of the The Open Championship, or I guess rotate it with St. Andrews to keep the historians happy. Of course it would never happen, it's just a shame we have to wait 10 to 12 years to see it there again, baked out fairways and all. I loved it.

I agree loved the look of that course wonder if we could get an awesome group MGS rate to put some spies on Scottish soil next year and write about the experience. I know there is some talk about an event which is hard to do but what about a group trip. I would live to play a few links courses.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

I will add also, I'd be perfectly happy if they made Carnoustie the permanent home of the The Open Championship, or I guess rotate it with St. Andrews to keep the historians happy. Of course it would never happen, it's just a shame we have to wait 10 to 12 years to see it there again, baked out fairways and all. I loved it.

They all have that feel in someway or another. I just listened to a podcast from the golfers journal yesterday, it's worth the 47 minutes. Talking about golf going back to its roots and how Americans are just now figuring this out with places like Bandon, Streamsong and the American “Links”. It is really a good listen.

Go try to play Oakmont, or go play the best courses in Ireland and be welcomed instead of “you're not a membered”...

I really need to make the pilgrimage.

They all have that feel in someway or another. I just listened to a podcast from the golfers journal yesterday, it's worth the 47 minutes. Talking about golf going back to its roots and how Americans are just now figuring this out with places like Bandon, Streamsong and the American “Links”. It is really a good listen.

Go try to play Oakmont, or go play the best courses in Ireland and be welcomed instead of “you're not a membered”...

I really need to make the pilgrimage.

Oh yeah, most have the look in some fashion.  But it's just always provides a true tough test of golf no matter the conditions.  It was funny to see the highlights of 99 with Van de Velde and see how green and deep everything was.   

One day...I'd love to make the trip.  Before I get too much older  :D

I agree loved the look of that course wonder if we could get an awesome group MGS rate to put some spies on Scottish soil next year and write about the experience. I know there is some talk about an event which is hard to do but what about a group trip. I would live to play a few links courses.

I hear ya....But I'm having trouble getting 8 eight guys all local together for a round.  I can imagine what a task that would be..ha

For me the best thing about Molinari winning is that an ordinary looking guy (not a gym rat)  with a good all around game can still win majors by outlasting the so-called "superstars" of the sport with steady play.  He proves once again that you don't need flash to win and that tournaments are played over 72 holes and they all count the same.  While I appreciate the games of Spieth and Woods and Rory etc., I find the level of hype in golf broadcasting to be increasingly irritating.  How many times have we heard, "Oh player X is so good at this or that aspect of the game" only to watch them muff a shot or end up 20 feet from the flag.  It reminds me of watching U.S. hockey broadcasts which are ruined by the constant hyping of player talents as if they are somehow above the game.  In golf, like hockey, players are better because they are statistically better.  They win more because they are 5% better at this or 10% better at that, not because there is a single aspect of their game that always works which is the way they tend to portray it.  

An interesting point came out in one of the interviews where he credits his success to a new sports psychologist he has. And since this is such a head game maybe that did make a difference 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I hear ya....But I'm having trouble getting 8 eight guys all local together for a round. I can imagine what a task that would be..ha

I hear that I usually play alone haha

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

I agree it really felt like others just lost the tournament no really that Molinari won you know what I mean

What aw toy talking about, he absolutely won this tournament. Of the last 6 groups out that had a chance, there was 1 guy who didn't have a single bogey on Sunday. How is it that he didn't “win” it, but that others just lost it. Just because the guy isn't the most popular or wasn't the favorite to win, he went out and won the tournament. What other drama were you looking for, Tiger had the lead at one point, at another point there were 7 guys tied for the lead with only a handful of holes to go. 1 guy made birdies down the stretch, and he has the trophy.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I hear ya....But I'm having trouble getting 8 eight guys all local together for a round.  I can imagine what a task that would be..ha

lol, 8 guys.  Hell, I'd be happy just to get at least 2 other guys to commit to a Saturday round.   :(

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

What aw toy talking about, he absolutely won this tournament. Of the last 6 groups out that had a chance, there was 1 guy who didn't have a single bogey on Sunday. How is it that he didn't “win” it, but that others just lost it. Just because the guy isn't the most popular or wasn't the favorite to win, he went out and won the tournament. What other drama were you looking for, Tiger had the lead at one point, at another point there were 7 guys tied for the lead with only a handful of holes to go. 1 guy made birdies down the stretch, and he has the trophy.

I watched it from the beginning all day long to me it was anti climatic...just my opinion and I think it's ok if I have one. I dont have anything personal towards the guy at all. It was probably due to the coverage but I dont remember seeing a single shot of his.

Bryson DeChambeau

I watched it from the beginning all day long to me it was anti climatic...just my opinion and I think it's ok if I have one. I dont have anything personal towards the guy at all. It was probably due to the coverage but I dont remember seeing a single shot of his.

Oh, he was in every shot alright.  Everyone of Tiger's shots.  He got the unfortunate screwing over of being paired with Tiger and his masses of "fans".  And if anything, that actually speaks volumes to Molinari's character and fortitude.  In the past when paired with Tiger on a Sunday in a major, most guys folded like a lawn chair.  If anything, Molinari was steady as a rock all day, and it was Tiger who folded under the pressure.

All of this now has me asking, I wonder what Molinari would have shot if he had NOT been paired with his royal Tigerness?

Oh, he was in every shot alright. Everyone of Tiger's shots. He got the unfortunate screwing over of being paired with Tiger and his masses of "fans". And if anything, that actually speaks volumes to Molinari's character and fortitude. In the past when paired with Tiger on a Sunday in a major, most guys folded like a lawn chair. If anything, Molinari was steady as a rock all day, and it was Tiger who folded under the pressure.

All of this now has me asking, I wonder what Molinari would have shot if he had NOT been paired with his royal Tigerness?

I hear you I mean come on I like Tiger but it would have been nice to at least remember a shot or too but I guess that how you with The Open hit it in the fairway middle of green two putt move on. I know he played good golf he had to of but it wasn't exciting to me. Just my two cents.

Bryson DeChambeau

I hear you I mean come on I like Tiger but it would have been nice to at least remember a shot or too but I guess that how you with The Open hit it in the fairway middle of green two putt move on. I know he played good golf he had to of but it wasn't exciting to me. Just my two cents.

Well, looking back on the other majors this year, I can't really say that either the Masters or the US Open stood out as exciting golf either.  Patrick Reed blitzed the field on Saturday, and then just held on for dear life on Sunday, hoping no one would catch him.  Now, it would have been exciting if Spieth or Fowler has actually overcame him to win it.  But as it was, Reed playing boring golf Sunday and walked away with the win.  I still love the Masters over any other tournament of the year, hands down.

The US Open was ruined (again) by all the talk about the USGA and their stupid screwups of the setup of the golf course.  All we talked about was a bad course setup, versus any mention of good golf.  Meanwhile Koepka kept his head down, and his left arm straight and outlasted everyone else in hoisting the trophy (again).  But the play didn't stand out to me as exciting or memorable.

But honestly, not every major can be exciting.  Unfortunately we don't get a head to head throw down like Mickelson/Stenson did a few years back.  And frankly if that did happen every time, would any of it ever be exciting golf?  We'd be so used to 62's and 63's in majors that you might as well call it the Barbasol Championship instead.  I was watching that tournament finish up this morning, and essentially it was the guy who could make the most birdies coming in who won the tournament.  -23 to win a golf tournament might seem exciting, but with everyone throwing birdies up left and right, it almost makes birdie like par, and par like bogey.  And perhaps the pressure in the Barbasol was heavier than the Open Championship.  At the Open those boys were trying to make par and throw in a miracle birdie or eagle once or twice in the round.  At the Barbasol, if you didn't make birdie on almost every hole, you probably felt like you were losing strokes to the field.  So I'm not really sure which variety of golf is more exciting, but I do know which champion will forever be remembered, and which one is probably already forgotten, if not even known to begin with.

Well, looking back on the other majors this year, I can't really say that either the Masters or the US Open stood out as exciting golf either. Patrick Reed blitzed the field on Saturday, and then just held on for dear life on Sunday, hoping no one would catch him. Now, it would have been exciting if Spieth or Fowler has actually overcame him to win it. But as it was, Reed playing boring golf Sunday and walked away with the win. I still love the Masters over any other tournament of the year, hands down.

The US Open was ruined (again) by all the talk about the USGA and their stupid screwups of the setup of the golf course. All we talked about was a bad course setup, versus any mention of good golf. Meanwhile Koepka kept his head down, and his left arm straight and outlasted everyone else in hoisting the trophy (again). But the play didn't stand out to me as exciting or memorable.

But honestly, not every major can be exciting. Unfortunately we don't get a head to head throw down like Mickelson/Stenson did a few years back. And frankly if that did happen every time, would any of it ever be exciting golf? We'd be so used to 62's and 63's in majors that you might as well call it the Barbasol Championship instead. I was watching that tournament finish up this morning, and essentially it was the guy who could make the most birdies coming in who won the tournament. -23 to win a golf tournament might seem exciting, but with everyone throwing birdies up left and right, it almost makes birdie like par, and par like bogey. And perhaps the pressure in the Barbasol was heavier than the Open Championship. At the Open those boys were trying to make par and throw in a miracle birdie or eagle once or twice in the round. At the Barbasol, if you didn't make birdie on almost every hole, you probably felt like you were losing strokes to the field. So I'm not really sure which variety of golf is more exciting, but I do know which champion will forever be remembered, and which one is probably already forgotten, if not even known to begin with.

I enjoyed the 2nd and 3rd round of that helps lol.

Bryson DeChambeau

Saying that other guys lost it and that he didn't win it is ludicrous. Just because they showed Tiger all day and he didn't win doesn't take away what Molinari did on the Weekend. Anti climactic for some maybe. It was exciting until he birdied 18 and took a 2 stroke lead, up till then any one of about 10 guys had a chance.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Saying that other guys lost it and that he didn't win it is ludicrous. Just because they showed Tiger all day and he didn't win doesn't take away what Molinari did on the Weekend. Anti climactic for some maybe. It was exciting until he birdied 18 and took a 2 stroke lead, up till then any one of about 10 guys had a chance.

Molinari has a major title. Congrats to him.

Bryson DeChambeau

Molinari went bogey free in a major on the weekend.  If that was Tiger or Jordan or Rory the accolades would never stop and the media would by talking about it for years to come.  Molinari won that tournament on his own merits by being better than everyone else in the field on the weekend.  He didn't get hyped by the media because his only backstory is he's Italian.  

This...  is all the more reason why I love seeing the likes of a Bryson Dechambeau, Webb Simson, Kevin Na, Grayson Murray (Grayson who?), Patton Kizzare (Patton who??), Pat Perez, Ted Potter Jr. (Ted who??), and a few other "no names" win.  For me, it keeps the tour interesting amidst what is otherwise a media slobber-fest over a select few.  You are correct, Molinari absolutely won the event by shooting the lowest score.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

I don't think anyone is disputing that Molanari won the tournament, he birdied 14 to either get tied or take the lead, I can't remember exactly--which also speaks volumes to my point--then birdied 18 to pretty much close it out, as all Rory could do after the eagle was make pars.   I had hopes Rory would hit a massive drive on 18---he did, and that he would actually stuff a wedge that spun and went in for another eagle.   So many were so close on Sunday, it wasn't impossible to think it.   Alas he couldn't, and didn't even come within 20 feet or so. 

But back to my point...Molanari did win it, but he won it in a boring fashion, is my only complaint.  Nobody else could mount a charge over the last 4 holes...bad on them, maybe they don't deserve it then.  I realize the Joran Spieths tear like last year or the Stenson/Mickelson shootout don't happen every year.   But even Charl Schwartzel who was pretty much unknown, took the Masters by the throat with 4 straight birdies in 2011 shooting a 66 to beat Jason Day, Adam Scott, Luke Donald and Tiger.   Now that was an exciting finish.  

All that said, if he goes on to win another major or two in the next few years as Brandel Chamblee seems to think he certainly will, then I'll stand corrected and give him his due.   But too me, I just don't get excited seeing the likes, of  Rich Beem, Ben Curtis, Shaun Micheel, Michael Campbell...and on and on of guys who win one major and nothing of significance ever again.   

I think all of these feelings are more than valid. It was the most, least exciting major ever. Having that many of the top guys coming in tied down the stretch was a setup for a let down. Its great that Molinari won and no one is denying that he did indeed WIN it with his play, he played better in every way than the other guys around him. 

It was the massive potential for a crazy ending that made it that much more disappointing in my opinion. It would have been one of the most exciting majors in years had we had a 5-8 person playoff that included Rose, McIlroy, Tiger, etc..

If Molinari had won in a playoff with those guys, I don't think we'd be having this conversation. 

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

I think all of these feelings are more than valid. It was the most, least exciting major ever. Having that many of the top guys coming in tied down the stretch was a setup for a let down. Its great that Molinari won and no one is denying that he did indeed WIN it with his play, he played better in every way than the other guys around him. 

It was the massive potential for a crazy ending that made it that much more disappointing in my opinion. It would have been one of the most exciting majors in years had we had a 5-8 person playoff that included Rose, McIlroy, Tiger, etc..

If Molinari had won in a playoff with those guys, I don't think we'd be having this conversation. 

Perfectly said!! 

I've got some comments, but let's just agree to disagree for some of this.

No one says we must agree it's ok

Bryson DeChambeau

Archived