NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Well, the draft is almost here. Gotta say as a Bears fan, this is the first time since 1985 I have complete confidence the Bears will be selecting a potential franchise QB in Caleb Williams. I do think Maye is a much safer pick and still has the potential to be a franchise QB, because I think Williams has a lower floor but I think he has a higher ceiling. I would like to see them take a DE at #9 or if an OT with a very high grade is still available I think that could produce a more reliable offense than one of the 3 standout WR's. With K Allen, DJ Moore and C KMet already in the fold, there are just so many balls to go around. But then again, nobody from the front office called to ask what I thought. 

... The other aspect I am super interested in is if Danials goes ahead of Maye. As a HUGE Maye fan, I would hate to see him go to DC and play for Kingsbury. My nightmare is the Vikings trading up to take Maye. Keeping in mind I thought Mahomes would struggle in the NFL 🙄  I expect Maye to be a much better NFL QB than Danials. All easy for me to say from the comfort of my Lazy Boy and many a GM has lost their job picking the wrong QB because as we all know, predicting how a college QB will play in the NFL is far from an exact science. But I do feel relatively secure in saying drafting Williams at #1 will be in the Bradshaw, Elway, Manning, Luck and Burrow camp, not the Russell, Carr, George and Couch camp.  

Happy to eat crow partner, but it’s the Bears…they will probably screw this up…😂

Edited by CFreddie

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

16 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

Happy to eat crow partner, but it’s the Bears…they will probably screw this up…😂

They've done it before and will probably do it again 🙂

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

31 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I saw a story on SportsCenter earlier this evening that made me think of you.   It was about how Caleb Williams and other NFL quarterbacks are working on their skills to be better passers by working with biomechanics.   Guess even these guys can become more efficient and learn how to throw better.  

... Pretty crazy. I imagine it is very much like the golf swing. A fine line between what is natural and what can be improved while maintaining the things that already work. Can Rodgers and Mahomes improve their footwork but not take away from their off platform ability to make throws from "poor" passing positions? When I played we had 8mm projectors and if the film got burnt or stretched, it was gone LOL. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Pretty crazy. I imagine it is very much like the golf swing. A fine line between what is natural and what can be improved while maintaining the things that already work. Can Rodgers and Mahomes improve their footwork but not take away from their off platform ability to make throws from "poor" passing positions? When I played we had 8mm projectors and if the film got burnt or stretched, it was gone LOL. 

It was a bunch of 3D cameras and based on what they saw they were able to determine physical limitations and design exercises to improve range of motion and mechanics.  Williams was also talking about how it taught them to improve efficiency to release the ball faster since they have limited time.     Pretty interesting stuff.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Not gonna lie, I feel the combine is pretty much for nothing anymore. Schools have their pro days, and more and more players are starting to just do the 40 at the combine and then do all their other stuff at their pro day. It makes more sense in the long run for those players. That is my opinion though. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

1 hour ago, CFreddie said:

... Since the Falcons didn't trade for Fields you are dead to me. And I won't make you eat the feathers, but I will be making you a nice Crow Tartare. I have already bet they will do better than 8.5 games this season. It is time for the Historic Franchise to return to relevance in the NFL. 

27 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Since the Falcons didn't trade for Fields you are dead to me. And I won't make you eat the feathers, but I will be making you a nice Crow Tartare. I have already bet they will do better than 8.5 games this season. It is time for the Historic Franchise to return to relevance in the NFL. 

Behind the Packers. Yes

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

11 hours ago, chisag said:

... Since the Falcons didn't trade for Fields....

Falcons fans celebrate that non-trade daily.

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

Just now, hohjoe said:

Falcons fans celebrate that non-trade daily.

Preach!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

13 hours ago, cnosil said:

It was a bunch of 3D cameras and based on what they saw they were able to determine physical limitations and design exercises to improve range of motion and mechanics.  Williams was also talking about how it taught them to improve efficiency to release the ball faster since they have limited time.     Pretty interesting stuff.   

The sports science world anymore is absolutely incredible with how technology has been incorporated into training both for specific sport movement patterns as well as weight room efficiency. I love all this stuff, primarily because it is in my field of scope with work. Just amazing what some of these professionals can do with athletes already at an extremely high level and find ways to make them even more efficient.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

21 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

The sports science world anymore is absolutely incredible with how technology has been incorporated into training both for specific sport movement patterns as well as weight room efficiency. I love all this stuff, primarily because it is in my field of scope with work. Just amazing what some of these professionals can do with athletes already at an extremely high level and find ways to make them even more efficient.

The throwing coaches and changes are insane and it is so true that even the best are working to get a little better. I remember Brady in the past working with Tom House on his throwing and at the time they were talking about how to get him to be 1% better maybe less.

Its that adage about finding a bunch of tiny spots where you can get 1% better and how at the top level that can make so much of a difference where everyone is so close to maxed out on performance.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

1 hour ago, ejgaudette said:

The throwing coaches and changes are insane and it is so true that even the best are working to get a little better. I remember Brady in the past working with Tom House on his throwing and at the time they were talking about how to get him to be 1% better maybe less.

Its that adage about finding a bunch of tiny spots where you can get 1% better and how at the top level that can make so much of a difference where everyone is so close to maxed out on performance.

It truly is incredible, and goes to show why the greatest to play their respective positions in sport are so dominant for so long. It's just like Aaron Rodgers working on his footwork with Tom Clements in Green Bay to get it down to near perfection. 

It would be so cool to watch some of these guys train in person just to witness the intensity and attention to detail. One of my former high school athletes, Sam Hauser, when I was working as a sports performance coach in Stevens Point is now a regular rotation player for the Boston Celtics. I'm not saying this to compare him to some of the greatest to ever do it, but every single movement and repetition he performed was with 100% focus and intent. There was no detail too small and there was nothing we overlooked when working together. It was special getting to work with someone that focused at the high school level.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

It truly is incredible, and goes to show why the greatest to play their respective positions in sport are so dominant for so long. It's just like Aaron Rodgers working on his footwork with Tom Clements in Green Bay to get it down to near perfection. 

It would be so cool to watch some of these guys train in person just to witness the intensity and attention to detail. One of my former high school athletes, Sam Hauser, when I was working as a sports performance coach in Stevens Point is now a regular rotation player for the Boston Celtics. I'm not saying this to compare him to some of the greatest to ever do it, but every single movement and repetition he performed was with 100% focus and intent. There was no detail too small and there was nothing we overlooked when working together. It was special getting to work with someone that focused at the high school level.

Reminds me of when Brian Scalabrini was the 12th man for the Celtics and everyone said how bad he was and then he did a series were he played the local Y type players and just absolutely destroyed them. Even the end bench players in pro sports are likely the best athlete you would ever meet.

I have a friend down at UNC for his masters in athletic training and he is working with the soccer team and he said the level of training and performance for that team is crazy to watch. And most of those players will never see a professional field. It is a level of physical fitness which I do not recognize.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

39 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

... This draft has the potential to be a historic QB class. And the potential to improve mechanics at the highest level is so very impressive. But I think it is safe to say all have the physical skills to thrive right now. But playing QB in the NFL requires superior ability between the ears. I expect that to shake out with this years 5 or 6 QB's taken in the first round. Not to harp on Fields as I could use Trubisky as well, but both have the physical skills to play at the highest level and Fields athleticism and throwing ability is off the charts. But mentally he never could adjust to the NFL, learning to process information instantly and get rid of the ball quickly. 

... I remember a seminar hosted by a scout my son and I attended for high school football players looking to be recruited for college and the one thing that stuck with me was the speed of the game. He said you must play faster than everyone else or as he put it "You must play at college speed in high school". This is as much mental as physical so processing information quickly and reacting is the key. He said when he puts on tape, he expects to see someone playing much faster than everyone around him. Better to make mistakes playing fast than play at the speed everyone else is playing. I think we all know it is a big jump from high school to college, but pales in comparison to the HUGE leap from college to the NFL. 

... It is that mental ability that separated Tom Brady from Jamis Winston. I think Williams and Maye are already there. Most likely Daniels and Nix too. I have a suspicion McCarthy may struggle here and why I hope he goes to the Vikings LOL. Pennix is a mystery to me as far as translating how he will transition to the NFL. Of course like every GM that has lost their job, I could be wrong on all of them. But one way or the other, this years QB class will be talked about for years to come. 

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... This draft has the potential to be a historic QB class. And the potential to improve mechanics at the highest level is so very impressive. But I think it is safe to say all have the physical skills to thrive right now. But playing QB in the NFL requires superior ability between the ears. I expect that to shake out with this years 5 or 6 QB's taken in the first round. Not to harp on Fields as I could use Trubisky as well, but both have the physical skills to play at the highest level and Fields athleticism and throwing ability is off the charts. But mentally he never could adjust to the NFL, learning to process information instantly and get rid of the ball quickly. 

... I remember a seminar hosted by a scout my son and I attended for high school football players looking to be recruited for college and the one thing that stuck with me was the speed of the game. He said you must play faster than everyone else or as he put it "You must play at college speed in high school". This is as much mental as physical so processing information quickly and reacting is the key. He said when he puts on tape, he expects to see someone playing much faster than everyone around him. Better to make mistakes playing fast than play at the speed everyone else is playing. I think we all know it is a big jump from high school to college, but pales in comparison to the HUGE leap from college to the NFL. 

... It is that mental ability that separated Tom Brady from Jamis Winston. I think Williams and Maye are already there. Most likely Daniels and Nix too. I have a suspicion McCarthy may struggle here and why I hope he goes to the Vikings LOL. Pennix is a mystery to me as far as translating how he will transition to the NFL. Of course like every GM that has lost their job, I could be wrong on all of them. But one way or the other, this years QB class will be talked about for years to come. 

As a Broncos fan I'm seeing a lot of mock's that suggest McCarthy won't be there at 12, but Nix will.  But, those same mocks suggest Nix at 12 is a reach.  We'll see.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Just now, GolfSpy AFG said:

As a Broncos fan I'm seeing a lot of mock's that suggest McCarthy won't be there at 12, but Nix will.  But, those same mocks suggest Nix at 12 is a reach.  We'll see.

... As far as mock drafts are concerned, where was Brock Purdy projected to go in the 2022 draft? 🤪 Extreme example of course but then again Brady went in the 6th round. It's fun to speculate of course but kinda silly at the same time. There are knowledgeable folks in the Bronco's organization that have every game going back to high school on both these QB's and will have a much more educated opinion on which/neither will be best for the Bronco's. As you said, we will see. 

3 hours ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

Personally, I would not pick Nix in the first round but that's me.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

37 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

Personally, I would not pick Nix in the first round but that's me.

Agreed.  I hope Denver trades back, picks up a second in the process (they don't have one), and he's still there in Round 2.

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Just over 4 hours...let's go! I feel like we could see a ton of shuffling around after the first 3 are off the board. Can't wait! 

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

23 hours ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

Agreed.  I hope Denver trades back, picks up a second in the process (they don't have one), and he's still there in Round 2.

The risk for the Broncos is that if the drop too far back/wait too long, someone like the Giants may swoop in and grab the last of the top 6 QBs. But now that they have Zach, they should just go OL/WR... 🙃

Kirkland V3 

1 minute ago, Hobert said:

Just over 4 hours...let's go! I feel like we could see a ton of shuffling around after the first 3 are off the board. Can't wait! 

... Most exciting draft in years. After Williams, Maye and Daniels who moves up to take a QB? When will the first defensive player come off the bard? Will Harrison, Nabers and Odunze go in the top 10? So many interesting questions to be answered soon!

3 minutes ago, Hobert said:

The risk for the Broncos is that if the drop too far back/wait too long, someone like the Giants may swoop in and grab the last of the top 6 QBs. But now that they have Zach, they should just go OL/WR... 🙃

... One popular rumor today is the Pats trading with the Giants and they take Maye at #3 and the Pats take McCarthy at #6. I would LOVE to see Maye go to the Giants. 

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... One popular rumor today is the Pats trading with the Giants and they take Maye at #3 and the Pats take McCarthy at #6. I would LOVE to see Maye go to the Giants. 

Interesting! And all morning, clips of JJ all over ESPN talking about how he spent so much time with the Giants in response to being asked which team he thinks will pick him... The intrigue! 

The Cardinals are going to be able to drop a few spots, pick up extra draft capital, and still get Marvin Jr. or Nabers.  They have to be loving this.

Kirkland V3 

17 minutes ago, Hobert said:

I'm hoping getting Zach was just a flier.  If he's the plan, good lord....

1 minute ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

If he could realize his purported potential under Payton, could be a massive steal.

Kirkland V3 

19 minutes ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

... It is always pretty amazing how many top 10 QB picks are busts and another team thinks they can fix them. I think Zach has shown us his ability and it is substandard for the NFL. Close to home, Trubisky played with the Bills and Steelers as a back up and once he had his chance to start, failed again. I do think he is a capable back up if it is a short stint but who drafts a QB #2 thinking he will be an "adequate" back up? 

... OTOH, I think undrafted Tyler Bagent proved he can be a starter in the NFL. I thought he played much better than Fields and the Bears are lucky to have such an excellent back up. Selecting a college QB to play in the NFL really has to be the most difficult endeavor to get right in all of sports. 

Edited by chisag

Curious to who’s everyone’s “Vontae Mack, no matter what” for your teams 1st round pick

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

34 minutes ago, BreakfastBall15 said:

Curious to who’s everyone’s “Vontae Mack, no matter what” for your teams 1st round pick

... My anti Vontae Mack pick is the Vikings moving up to #3 and taking Drake Maye. My favorite college QB and some have him rated highest in this draft, haunting the Bears for years to come is an absolute nightmare! 😱  

Ugh, still almost 3 hours to go. This is taking forever...

Kirkland V3 

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Most exciting draft in years. After Williams, Maye and Daniels who moves up to take a QB? When will the first defensive player come off the bard? Will Harrison, Nabers and Odunze go in the top 10? So many interesting questions to be answered soon!

OK; here’s my prediction: The Buffalo Bills trade up to get pick #7 from the Titans (I’d actually love to see them pull off a trade with the Cardinals for the #4 pick, but that won’t happen), giving up their #28 and #60 picks in the process, and maybe an early 2025 pick if they want to get the Titans’ second round 2024 pick (#38) in the deal. Then, they draft Odunze with the #7 pick.

Edited by funkyjudge

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!