Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

9 hours ago, chisag said:

... Nice!  My generation grew up with westerns and when our kids share with us, it is pretty special. That's why I bought that painting. My son found it for me and he loves the artist. 

I grew up with watching the old western movies. My dad was a big western movie fan as well as my grandparents. Seemed like every July at my grandparents house we had to watch Centenial. Unfortunately watching The Good, The Bad, And the Ugly will now only be a me thing every summer as my dad passed away recently. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

Atlanta was my first guess.  I could also see him fitting in a place like New England or Los Angeles Rams.

While I think Fields to Atlanta is def a possibility, I'm not sure his playing style fits well with the new OC (previously the Rams passing game coordinator).  

My crystal ball prediction (at least at this point) - Broncos end up cutting Russ, and he comes to Atlanta on a 2-3 year deal.  In addition, I could see the Falcons drafting a QB outside of the 1st to compliment Russ (Bo Nix? Penix?), and us going DE in the 1st.  

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

8 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

My crystal ball prediction (at least at this point) - Broncos end up cutting Russ, and he comes to Atlanta on a 2-3 year deal.  In addition, I could see the Falcons drafting a QB outside of the 1st to compliment Russ (Bo Nix? Penix?), and us going DE in the 1st.  

Prediction this morning is Wilson to Steelers. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Prediction this morning is Wilson to Steelers. 

But the Steelers have Pickett!!! 🤣

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

The rampant speculation of which players will end up where leading up to the draft is just fascinating to me. I am sure there is truth to a good portion of it, but I would be willing to guess a lot of it is smoke and mirrors to see how others around the league react to the latest news. I'll admit I haven't paid much attention to the QB carousel this year as the Packers are seemingly set for awhile with Jordan Love, but the drama surrounding the Bears and Justin Fields/drafting a new QB is pretty entertaining news to keep track of. And no, that is not a jab from a Packers fan. What I have been surprised to see is just how many QBs guys like Kiper are starting to predict could go in the first round. I think it was four last time I read an article from him, and Matt Miller had five!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

52 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

The rampant speculation of which players will end up where leading up to the draft is just fascinating to me. I am sure there is truth to a good portion of it, but I would be willing to guess a lot of it is smoke and mirrors to see how others around the league react to the latest news. I'll admit I haven't paid much attention to the QB carousel this year as the Packers are seemingly set for awhile with Jordan Love, but the drama surrounding the Bears and Justin Fields/drafting a new QB is pretty entertaining news to keep track of. And no, that is not a jab from a Packers fan. What I have been surprised to see is just how many QBs guys like Kiper are starting to predict could go in the first round. I think it was four last time I read an article from him, and Matt Miller had five!

... I will be more than shocked if 5 QB's aren't drafted in the first round. And maybe 6 if someone thinks Penix is healthy enough to withstand the NFL. It is pretty unusual for the top 3 teams to all desperately need a QB. The possible exception being the Pats where "desperate" is arguable. But I just don't remember a draft that had 3 QB's with so much talent and rated so highly that will go 1, 2 and 3 with none of them being a reach like Zach Wilson and Trey Lance. 

... While there is plenty of drama surrounding the first 4 picks and will Washington trade up if the Bears are willing to trade down and will the Pats take Harrison Jr, but lost on many Bears fans is the 9th pick. Players of need are ranked very high at #9 and I would be thrilled with an LT as I expect Alt might be available or Latu to pair with Sweat on the edges. A true difference maker on the edge is almost as hard to find as a QB. Quite a few have a WR as the pick since this is a heavy talented WR draft but I would much rather solidify either the One or Dline as I think the need is such greater. The chances of selecting a WR that can contribute in the 3rd round is much greater than a LT or DE/OLB that can have a chance of starting. If the OC thinks Mooney can make a comeback with a QB that can actually get him the ball instead of just looking at him for 4 seconds or worse never seeing him, it would be huge. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... I will be more than shocked if 5 QB's aren't drafted in the first round. And maybe 6 if someone thinks Penix is healthy enough to withstand the NFL. It is pretty unusual for the top 3 teams to all desperately need a QB. The possible exception being the Pats where "desperate" is arguable. But I just don't remember a draft that had 3 QB's with so much talent and rated so highly that will go 1, 2 and 3 with none of them being a reach like Zach Wilson and Trey Lance. 

... While there is plenty of drama surrounding the first 4 picks and will Washington trade up if the Bears are willing to trade down and will the Pats take Harrison Jr, but lost on many Bears fans is the 9th pick. Players of need are ranked very high at #9 and I would be thrilled with an LT as I expect Alt might be available or Latu to pair with Sweat on the edges. A true difference maker on the edge is almost as hard to find as a QB. Quite a few have a WR as the pick since this is a heavy talented WR draft but I would much rather solidify either the One or Dline as I think the need is such greater. The chances of selecting a WR that can contribute in the 3rd round is much greater than a LT or DE/OLB that can have a chance of starting. If the OC thinks Mooney can make a comeback with a QB that can actually get him the ball instead of just looking at him for 4 seconds or worse never seeing him, it would be huge. 

Totally agree with you, Sam. Alt would be a hell of a pick to anchor the left side of the Oline for Chicago. Latu conversely is a great pick as well. Chicago is positioned so well to get a couple impact players in this years draft, that's for sure.

#LeftyGang

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

I mean, outside of the top three guys of Williams, Maye, and Daniels the other two QB's that would be in the first or could be are Penix Jr. and Nix. and both of them had terrible senior Bowl games. But I am one who also thinks that is not a great game to begin with for QB's period. They don't get to where they have chemistry with receivers to show their talent as easily. The Jets could take a qb to back up Rodgers and learn from him, and maybe Tampa if they don't re-sign Baker could in the first round. I just can't see any team in a real need outside the top 3 that need a qb in the first round. and no team is going to pay a premium to move up to the top 3 spots to grab their guy if they don't need a qb. 

Ping Prime Tyne 4

1 hour ago, CFreddie said:

In addition, I could see the Falcons drafting a QB outside of the 1st to compliment Russ (Bo Nix? Penix?), and us going DE in the 1st. 

... Nix will be gone by the 14th pick but Penix might be available in round 2. I doubt the Bears would be looking to trade him but if I needed a QB I would take a run at Tyson Bagent. He went 2-2 with zero first team reps at practice on a bad team. Take away Fields runs and Bagent played much better. 

10 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Totally agree with you, Sam. Alt would be a hell of a pick to anchor the left side of the Oline for Chicago. Latu conversely is a great pick as well. Chicago is positioned so well to get a couple impact players in this years draft, that's for sure.

... You might not agree 😉 but it would be nice to have a genuine rivalry with the Packers again where every game is a 50-50 chance. 

3 hours ago, Wheelieb said:

I mean, outside of the top three guys of Williams, Maye, and Daniels the other two QB's that would be in the first or could be are Penix Jr. and Nix. and both of them had terrible senior Bowl games. But I am one who also thinks that is not a great game to begin with for QB's period. They don't get to where they have chemistry with receivers to show their talent as easily. The Jets could take a qb to back up Rodgers and learn from him, and maybe Tampa if they don't re-sign Baker could in the first round. I just can't see any team in a real need outside the top 3 that need a qb in the first round. and no team is going to pay a premium to move up to the top 3 spots to grab their guy if they don't need a qb. 

JJ McCarthy is increasingly being put into the conversation of the first round as well. There is no shortage of QB needy teams in this years draft. Questions on how well he can perform outside the Michigan system, but the size and arm strength paired with good mobility are undeniable. 

#LeftyGang

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

JJ McCarthy is increasingly being put into the conversation of the first round as well. There is no shortage of QB needy teams in this years draft. Questions on how well he can perform outside the Michigan system, but the size and arm strength paired with good mobility are undeniable. 

I've had this talk with a few of my friends. I brought up JH being a good QB coach and helping them get better. Andrew Luck became a household name pretty much while at Stanford when JH was there. When Jimmy left and took over the 49ers Head coaching job, he started with Alex Smith. Then he brought along Kap and turned him into a good QB, taking away the protesting he did, he started to fail when he wanted to go in for himself and not listen. This was evident by his play against the Bears I believe it was where he had 4 int's in the first half. Fast forward to JJ, yes a 4 star like Luck. he became a household name to an extent. The problem is we all saw how he played without JH as the coach. I think JH will elevate Herbert to be a better QB. That's my opinion at least. I still don't think there are that many teams that will take a QB in the first round. Again, that is also my opinion. As a packer fan, I'm just wondering what defender we are taking in the first round. 

Ping Prime Tyne 4

1 hour ago, Wheelieb said:

I've had this talk with a few of my friends. I brought up JH being a good QB coach and helping them get better. Andrew Luck became a household name pretty much while at Stanford when JH was there. When Jimmy left and took over the 49ers Head coaching job, he started with Alex Smith. Then he brought along Kap and turned him into a good QB, taking away the protesting he did, he started to fail when he wanted to go in for himself and not listen. This was evident by his play against the Bears I believe it was where he had 4 int's in the first half. Fast forward to JJ, yes a 4 star like Luck. he became a household name to an extent. The problem is we all saw how he played without JH as the coach. I think JH will elevate Herbert to be a better QB. That's my opinion at least. I still don't think there are that many teams that will take a QB in the first round. Again, that is also my opinion. As a packer fan, I'm just wondering what defender we are taking in the first round. 

Fellow Packers fan here! And a great question. Hafley seems to like to play some press man at corner, I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to add to the secondary (would love to see Cooper DeJean if he's there). I was impressed with Valentine's play this year and Alexander is an all-pro when he can stay healthy. Would also like to see Stokes fully healthy but who knows at this point. They could also look to add an edge rusher in case Smith doesn't come back for next year, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them go after an OT if one they like is available. Can never have too much depth on the line. 

#LeftyGang

Not gonna lie, if Dejean is there you have to get him right? It’s later in the first round, but I think it depends on his pro day and combine if he goes to that

Ping Prime Tyne 4

Go Niners!

My favorite player as a kid; I even had a flash 80 towel. 😆

image.png.30bac889f0d9646090576efae3e0acc2.png

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Good game, defenses both stood out more than the high-powered offenses of both teams, but in the end hard to deny Patrick Mahomes!

mahomes.jpg

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

On 2/8/2024 at 10:56 AM, Wheelieb said:

You must not pay attention to how the Raiders operate.🤣

This is Hilarious!

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

It was a really great game! And the only thing I regret now is that I didn't bet with my friends on the victory of my favorite team.. But no, I decided not to risk it.. What a shame!
But what spoiled the mood and aftertaste of this game was the shooting.

“Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.”

if any team deserves a franchise QB it's the Browns. You've got to wonder if they are even trying to win...

image.png.d17efed195ec43edec9e9c787da0613c.png

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

For the sake of Bears fans, I really hope the Field trade rumours are real!

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

40 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

For the sake of Bears fans, I really hope the Field trade rumours are real!

... The front office certainly has these stats. You don't entertain keeping someone that will demand 100million in one year when Williams and Maye are available for far less. Seems like a good young man, just a very bad passing QB and I wish him well wherever he ends up. 🥳

FieldsRankings.jpeg.abdaf5de0d3a0ea9f30f40c36a2b3d40.jpeg

22 minutes ago, chisag said:

... The front office certainly has these stats. You don't entertain keeping someone that will demand 100million in one year when Williams and Maye are available for far less. Seems like a good young man, just a very bad passing QB and I wish him well wherever he ends up. 🥳

FieldsRankings.jpeg.abdaf5de0d3a0ea9f30f40c36a2b3d40.jpeg

well... they gave Daniel Jones a big contract and he's not that good either. 🤷‍♂️

Daniel Jones signed a 4 year, $160,000,000 contract with the New York Giants, including a $36,000,000 signing bonus, $92,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $40,000,000

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

20 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

well... they gave Daniel Jones a big contract and he's not that good either. 🤷‍♂️

Daniel Jones signed a 4 year, $160,000,000 contract with the New York Giants, including a $36,000,000 signing bonus, $92,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $40,000,000

... It is always difficult for those organizations that have really good QB's that haven't reached their potential but will probably never be a Franchise QB even if they do. That 10-20 category. What everyone wants of course is the guy that can win the game "on their own" at crunch times in the big games. Obviously they need help from the rest of the team but when there are 2 minutes left in the game and they are behind and everyone knows they will be throwing the ball and defenses can attack the QB with no fear of the run and they still complete passes expertly reading defenses and throwing into tiny windows marching down the field for the winning drive, that is a Franchise QB. And there aren't many. 

... Cleveland and Chicago has been looking forever and gone through about 100 QBs in the last 40 years without finding a Franchise QB. I do think with the right pieces Daniel Jones can win a SB. But again what everyone wants is the QB that can win the SB without the right pieces. They are few and far between so when you have a shot at a true potential Franchise QB you have to take it. Far too often teams reach in the draft or through free agency hoping they turn into that Franchise QB and many GM's have lost their jobs doing just that.

... 2024 has a chance to be one of those rare years where at least 2 Franchise QB's will be available. After struggling at ASU, Jaylon Daniels turned things around at LSU and some feel he also has the potential to be a Franchise QB, so this year could be a very special draft.  

Edited by chisag

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... It is always difficult for those organizations that have really good QB's that haven't reached their potential but will probably never be a Franchise QB even if they do. That 10-20 category. What everyone wants of course is the guy that can win the game "on their own" at crunch times in the big games. Obviously they need help from the rest of the team but when there are 2 minutes left in the game and they are behind and everyone knows they will be throwing the ball and defenses can attack the QB with no fear of the run and they still complete passes expertly reading defenses and throwing into tiny windows marching down the field for the winning drive, that is a Franchise QB. And there aren't many. 

... Cleveland and Chicago has been looking forever and gone through about 100 QBs in the last 40 years without finding a Franchise QB. I do think with the right pieces Daniel Jones can win a SB. But again what everyone wants is the QB that can win the SB without the right pieces. They are few and far between so when you have a shot at a true potential Franchise QB you have to take it. Far too often teams reach in the draft or through free agency hoping they turn into that Franchise QB and many GM's have lost their jobs doing just that.

... 2024 has a chance to be one of those rare years where at least 2 Franchise QB's will be available. After struggling at ASU, Jaylon Daniels turned things around at LSU and some feel he also has the potential to be a Franchise QB, so this year could be a very special draft.  

I don’t think we can say there are 2 franchise QB’s in the 2024 draft just yet. 

Ping Prime Tyne 4

22 minutes ago, Wheelieb said:

I don’t think we can say there are 2 franchise QB’s in the 2024 draft just yet. 

... Of course we can. We could just be wrong. 😇

I really hope Miami signs Tua for a multi-year deal averaging $45mm per 🙂

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

• 3 weeks later...

Cousins being reported going to the Falcons, 4 years, $180M, $100M guaranteed. He and Julie supposedly house hunting last week. 

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

LOVE IT!  GO BIRDS!

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym