Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

New Nike 20XI X and 20XI S Golf Balls

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

20xi-x-golf-ball-500x322.jpg

We've posted about the rumors surrounding this ball back when it was code names “RZN”. Now we have pictures of the new packaging for Nike's 20XI Golf Ball. It will be available in 2 versions hitting retailers in April 2011. The X is the “tour level” distance offering and the S is the “tour level” spin offering.

20xi-s-golf-balls-500x310.jpg

The balls feature a new resin core instead of the traditional rubber core that has become standard over the past 10 years. The resin core is lighter than rubber which lets them move weight to the outside of the ball. It's perimeter weighting for golf balls. The benefit is supposed to be higher spin off of the wedges, lower spin on the driver, and an increase in distance.

http://72strokes.com/2010/12/new-nike-20xi-x-and-20xi-s-golf-balls/

#TruthDigest

i find that to be an interesting idea. So a plastic type core surrounded by the normal other layers?

Matt, I too am interested if that is true. Surely they would have done some sort of testing?

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

I wondered when somebody was going to take a different approach with ball materials. It has been a while. Any idea on pricing for these? On a less important note - hate the packaging. Looks like something Maxfli would put out. :lol:

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I wondered when somebody was going to take a different approach with ball materials. It has been a while. Any idea on pricing for these? On a less important note - hate the packaging. Looks like something Maxfli would put out. :lol:

You hit the nail on the head. This does not look like a premium ball. Won't matter if it's a great ball, but you'd think that Nike would do better.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Polymer cores (similar material to the Ionomer / HPF or HPC resin cover & mantles) have been seen in Japan for a while with many Bridgestone products in particular using it instead of polybutadiene (synthetic rubber.) By the description I would think these balls are aimed at the RX330 / Trispeed type balls.

It in itself will not effect cover durability, the cover material alone is the sole controller of durability performance issues.

Cheers, Boz.

Vision Golf Ball Concepts & Designs by The Atanak Co Australia (1980 - 2016)

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to "revive" this topic since the MGS review was just posted.

So, for what I read, it seems the claim about having less spin in the Driver but more spin in the green side is as true as the +20yds on every new TM driver, ain't I right?

These are on SUPER Allotment right now. We can only get 12 doz of each a month. I think that we will sell the first 24 doz in 20 min on April 29th. I have a waiting list about 15 fellas long waiting for this ball, not to mention all the guys in the shop...

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

These are on SUPER Allotment right now. We can only get 12 doz of each a month. I think that we will sell the first 24 doz in 20 min on April 29th. I have a waiting list about 15 fellas long waiting for this ball, not to mention all the guys in the shop...

they've been on our shelf for 3 days and me and the head pro are the only two that even noticed them lol

who wants some?!

:cobra-small: Staffer 

:Arccos: Staffer 

www.MANAVIANGolf.com

they've been on our shelf for 3 days and me and the head pro are the only two that even noticed them lol

who wants some?!

Wow. I had 4 guys in today complaining that I couldn't sell them.

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

if you can't sell them, go test them!!! :D

driver less spin

wedge more spin

that's exactly what i need!!!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

if you can't sell them, go test them!!! :D

driver less spin

wedge more spin

that's exactly what i need!!!

If you read the MGF report, they actually spin less from wedges than last years One TOur and One TOur D...

If you read the MGF report, they actually spin less from wedges than last years One TOur and One TOur D...

oops my bad! I didn't see the review had already been made :P

big disappointment then!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I saw the other day that these are going to be $60/dozen. If it is true, that is outrageous.

That would be outrageous. Expect them to be like the ProV1's were initially. Really high at first, then back to normal pricing after the hype wears off, and people realize that it is just another golf ball... (unless it is really something special.)

I know for a fact that the balls will sell at our shop for $34.99 a doz. On the floor tomorrow at 8:00 am pacific.

I bought a sleeve from my home course and I'm not liking the cover at all. As far as seeing a better ball then Nike's Tour D I say NO WAY! I was all excited about the possibility but then again I played in 30-40 mph winds so I'll give the ball another test run, but right now I still haven't found a better ball then the ProV1 X or the TM Penta. I'm actually leading to wards the Penta because it's softer and I like the softness for the short game, I'll sacrifice a few yards off the tee for feel! It's not that I find the Titleist Pro V1X Hard at all it's just a touch harder then the Penta's. In the last few years Titleist tried to make the cover more durable and i think thats actually been a downside for me personally. I might have to try the Regular pro V1 just to see if the cover feels that much softer then the proV1x. Personally I wish I could get like 50 dz. of the first year Prov1X that was the best ball ever in my opinion. The cover was softer then what they are using now and i liked that feel. Sorry to get off topic from the Nike but when it comes to the best golf ball it's almost always compared to the Titleist Pro V's. I've tried the Cally's the Srixon's The B-stones and none fit me like the proV and the Penta. But I will try the Nike 201X again this weekend to see how all three compare(Prov1X,Penta,201X)

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Just played 2 rounds with the 20XI - X balls

Noticeably straighter off the driver. I didn't notice more or less spin around the green. I had a few longer irons stick from 160-180 out pretty well

Anlittle clicky off the putter but they roll true and I actually putted quite well. I highly recommend these balls

Archived