Was it a golf Christmas?

Our Sponsors

Ok spies give it up - what golfing stuff did you get for Christmas?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra F Max 5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know yet but there is an oddly long, skinny, suspicious box under the tree that might (or might not) contain a golf club. We shall see.🤷🏼‍♂️

I am guessing that I don't get anything golf related for Christmas.  I did however get my Brother in Law the Rotex wedge he has been talking about for 4 years now.  He is too cheap to buy it himself a

My wife got me a Precision Pro range finder which I won’t see until tomorrow. Unless you count what my daughter got me. Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Posted Images

Nothing. I tell my daughters every year not to spend a dime on me.... same for everyone else. 

I can buy my own stuff, golf or otherwise. I give to my daughters and grandchildren. I prefer to keep Christmas  about what it's supposed to be about. My greatest gifts are being with family, friends and recognizing the reason for the season, so to speak. 

Not trying to put a damper on this thread.... it's just how I feel about Christmas.

Edited by silver & black
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

If you buy a $100 gift card at our pro shop you get an extra $20, so my wife usually gets me a gift card for my birthday (Christmas Day). Then I have all year to spend it. I recently spent last years on a Cleveland Putter(Huntington Beach Soft).

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I gave myself a new Ping G400 driver which replaced my G Driver that I gifted to my brother. The PGA Tour Super Store is a great place to test clubs. I went in on a Thursday evening when they were super slow. A very professional young man set me up in a hitting bay. We started with the Callaway Subzero 9 degree stiff shaft and ended up with the Ping G400 SFT 10 degree with stiff Tour Shaft. From a “feel” perspective the Callaway was awesome but from data driven performance perspective the G400 performed much better.

Along the way we tried several shafts in each driver before finally settling on the Ping Tour. My final numbers were (I’m 53 y/o): 95 mph swing speed, 139 mph ball speed, launch angle 16 degrees, carry distance 242, total distance 259. FYI...... ball speeds averaged 9 mph higher in the Ping over the Callaway.

Everything changed when I took the driver to the course. To be honest it is crazy wet in my neck of the woods so the performance was a little skewed by the conditions of sub 50 degree temperatures coupled with fairways that allowed for zero roll. However the performance was so different from the Trackman statistics that I wondered about the integrity of its settings. As a matter of fact I left the course very frustrated after just 12 holes and numerous lost balls.

After a two day hiatus, a 10 degree bump in temperatures and a driver adjustment to 11 degrees I headed back out to try my luck again. This time I hit 12 of 14 fairways with an average carry distance of 244 yards. Although the course dried out a bit roll was still nominal at best. I was and still am hesitant about the stiff shaft. My swing speed is at the higher end of a Regular Flex shaft and several mph short of what’s normally recommended for a Still Flex. Performance was much better this time out and yards gained in comparison to my Ping G with Regular Flex Shaft was considerable in regards to carry distance.

• Like 8

Nothing from the wifey and kids... But, I knew that as I finance Christmas at our house.... My in-laws did get me a dozen Pro V1. I’m going to change them out for Bridgestone or AVX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 6

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

I didn't get anything golf related, but my family knows that I prefer to get it myself because then I can get something that I want or is useful. However, Chanin surprised me with a Worksharp Ken Onion Edition knife sharpener, about the best electric sharpener you can buy, so it was a good Christmas morning.

• Like 2

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

10 hours ago, GSwag said:

My wife got me a Precision Pro range finder which I won’t see until tomorrow. Unless you count what my daughter got me. IMG_2461.JPG

Hopefully that's not a picture of you using the present! 😁

• Like 6

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra F Max 5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

If you buy a $100 gift card at our pro shop you get an extra $20, so my wife usually gets me a gift card for my birthday (Christmas Day). Then I have all year to spend it. I recently spent last years on a Cleveland Putter(Huntington Beach Soft).

Yep, got the gift card for my birthday.....now, what did I need/want?

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).
  • Like 5

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Voice Buddy 2. (disclaimer; found it on E-bay last month and my wife said, "cool, Merry Christmas").  We tend too do that over the course of the year for Christmas and B-days.

• Like 7

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

No golf stuff for me.  My mother in law tried to get me a Top Golf gift card but it apparently got lost in the mail, so I just got cash instead.  I did get a bunch of shaving stuff and some nice cigars but no golf stuff.

• Like 2

Whats in my Top-Flite Gamer 2019 cart bag?:

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* and Top-Flite Gamer 2020 18*

Irons: Pinemeadow ZR 3.0 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Tommy Armour VCG 56*

Putter: Wilson Augusta

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

A Bosch router and a Porter Cable finish nailer. Some flannel and a pair of jeans and I’m a happy camper.

• Like 4
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

No golf stuff for me since I got a few other things I actually needed. Christmas is more about the little ones these days. 

I have, however, been REALLY enjoying reading the replies to this tweet. Solid gold. That potty putter seems to have been a hit this year. 

• Like 4

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

Dozen Duo Soft.

Wilson/Staff glove.

Golf socks.

• Like 4

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

The only golf related goodies were eight pair of really nice golf socks for spring. A man can't have enough quality socks 😉

• Like 7

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

No golf stuff. I save that for my birthday.

But I do have some gray whiskers in my 5 day shadow...

Wonder if Santa will crash in my yard next year. Will it be Tim Allen?

• Like 4