Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?   I’m 64 and retired. Been playing since I was 11. My current index is 11.2

2. What do you love about golf? Being able to do something I love 4-5x per week and hanging with the group of friends I have

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Reading about new products.  Do you already know any other Spies? No

4. Where are you from? Hood River Oregon What is your home course? Indian Creek 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is the weather and worst is the weather (winter)

6. What do you do for a living? Retired now for almost 5 years. 30 years with Frito Lay in finance/HR

7. How’d you pick your user name? Just kept my old AOL name from 25 years ago

54 minutes ago, Roger Babb said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?   I’m 64 and retired. Been playing since I was 11. My current index is 11.2

2. What do you love about golf? Being able to do something I love 4-5x per week and hanging with the group of friends I have

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Reading about new products.  Do you already know any other Spies? No

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is the weather and worst is the weather (winter)

6. What do you do for a living? Retired now for almost 5 years. 30 years with Frito Lay in finance/HR

Welcome from just up the river about 150 miles!  Glad you joined us.  I spent 50+ years traveling through the Gorge to visit family in Corvallis where I grew up.  Beautiful drive... except in winter which was when I did most of the traveling during holidays!!  My wife and I played one course in Hood River (don't remember the name) but it had a lot of steep up and down fairways that were not friendly for roll.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 9/19/2023 at 6:23 AM, Kenny B said:

Welcome from just up the river about 150 miles!  Glad you joined us.  I spent 50+ years traveling through the Gorge to visit family in Corvallis where I grew up.  Beautiful drive... except in winter which was when I did most of the traveling during holidays!!  My wife and I played one course in Hood River (don't remember the name) but it had a lot of steep up and down fairways that were not friendly for roll.

Hi Kenny. Sounds like you may have played the old Hood River course. I play Indian Creek in Hood River. Fantastic course. Thanks for the welcome 

8 minutes ago, Roger Babb said:

Hi Kenny. Sounds like you may have played the old Hood River course. I play Indian Creek in Hood River. Fantastic course. Thanks for the welcome 

We might have to stop and give it a try on our next trip through the Gorge.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 hours ago, Roger Babb said:

Let me know and I’ll host you at the Creek

Next time I'm visiting home we'll have to play, my mom's house is off Franklin. I grew up in Pine Grove.

:taylormade-small: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 70

:Sub70: 939X Fairway 3 Wood - Project X EvenFlow Riptide 70 6.0 Graphite

:Sub70: 699 Pro 2 Iron 17°  - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.5 Graphite

:Sub70: 699u 4 Iron - KBS Tour 130 Steel 

:Sub70: 699 5-PW - KBS Tour 130 Steel

:cleveland-small: CG14 52°/56°/60° - KBS - Cleveland Traction Wedge Flex Steel Shafts 

:odyssey-small: White Hot #5 - Super Stroke Traxion

First time here. I’ve been playing a little over four years and my handicap is currently 11.2, but that doesn’t seem to travel well. I’m finding out how playing new courses is way harder. 
I split seasons between Oregon and Arizona and have “home” courses that play I too much.

I’m still working on what clubs to have in my bag. The idea of testing seems made for me. Do you just buy clubs and hope? 
I’m retired and 71. I owned athletic shoes and apparel stores for 33 years.

KU class of ‘74.

I’m on the verge of becoming a good putter.

4 hours ago, Jhawk said:

First time here. I’ve been playing a little over four years and my handicap is currently 11.2, but that doesn’t seem to travel well. I’m finding out how playing new courses is way harder. 
I split seasons between Oregon and Arizona and have “home” courses that play I too much.

I’m still working on what clubs to have in my bag. The idea of testing seems made for me. Do you just buy clubs and hope? 
I’m retired and 71. I owned athletic shoes and apparel stores for 33 years.

KU class of ‘74.

Welcome to the forum!  Glad you joined us!  A good friend @fixyurdivot moved from Montana to SCG last year.  You should look him up; maybe you are already playing the same courses there!!  

What part of Oregon?  There are several active members in and around PDX.  I'm up the Columbia River about 200 miles and only 35 miles from the Oregon border.

On 9/19/2023 at 5:16 AM, Roger Babb said:

Welcome to the forum Roger! If you’re ever North of Seattle give me a shout. Would be happy to get out for a round of golf with you! 

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

44 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Welcome to the forum!  Glad you joined us!  A good friend @fixyurdivot moved from Montana to SCG last year.  You should look him up; maybe you are already playing the same courses there!!  

What part of Oregon?  There are several active members in and around PDX.  I'm up the Columbia River about 200 miles and only 35 miles from the Oregon border.

In Hood River. About an hour east of PDX right off 84

• 1 month later...

Hello there everyone, 

I am finally able to get back out there on the golf course after dedicating the last 18 years to helping my kids in their athletic aspirations. (Baseball and softball). I have three playing college sports so I am proud of that. 

Anyways here is a little about me concerning golf: 

How long have you been playing golf? Played a lot in my 20's and 30's then just started back up again after an 18 year hiatus. 

What’s your handicap or normal score? Currently a 14.2 from the tips... Working on this during the winter. 

What do you love about golf? Being outside and the challenge each course provides.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? The great unbiased content. 

Do you already know any other Spies? No

Where are you from? Originally from California... I have resided in Idaho for the last 20 years. 

What is your home course? I am still looking ... Possibly Falcon Crest. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best... Length off the T box. Worst... accuracy with approach shots. 

What do you do for a living? Entrepreneur. 

How’d you pick your user name? Its my name?

Club currently in Bag. Takomo 301CB's, Wedges - Takomo, Driver - Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond, 3 wood - Taylor Made M2, 5 wood - Callaway Maverick, Putter - Scotty Cameron (23 yrs old)

Current Bag - Echo Golf Bag (I love it)

I am looking forward to participating in this group and will have picts to share in the future. 

Thanks all. 

Just send it! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello PNW golfers!

Just recently found MGS and loving the content.  The forum seems like a great resource.

Looking forward to diving into some of the sub-forums and seeing what's what in the golf world.

"Give it a little tappy.  Tap, tap, taparoo."

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Started seriously playing 2 years ago, 17hcp

What do you love about golf? It’s you against yourself, you can have fun and focus your mind entirely while out in nature. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Lurked the equipment forums for a while but finally wanted to test something so I made an account.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Boise, ID. I play FalconCrest here most often. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? A lot of courses, not too busy, but winters are damn cold sometimes.

What do you do for a living? Sales/technical trainer. Also, my boss loves golf so we get out during work fairly often. It’s a great job.

How’d you pick your user name? Randomly made this tag for my son’s Minecraft account and liked it.

Mavrik driver, epic speed 3 wood, mavrik hybrid, sub 70 699 pro irons, sub 70 wedges, ping answer 2 putter.

14 hours ago, JustTapItIn said:

Hello PNW golfers!

Just recently found MGS and loving the content.  The forum seems like a great resource.

Looking forward to diving into some of the sub-forums and seeing what's what in the golf world.

Welcome to the forums!  Glad you joined us.  There are quite a few Spys scattered around the PNW.  Where are you located?  You may be close to others for a get-together.

@JeffG and @Leadpizzacar  Welcome to the forums!!  Glad you joined us.  Since you are both in Boise and play Falcon Crest, maybe you meet for a round... then you'll know another Spy!  There are other Spys in Boise too.  

6 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Welcome to the forums!  Glad you joined us.  There are quite a few Spys scattered around the PNW.  Where are you located?  You may be close to others for a get-together.

SW Washington/NE Oregon area.  Try to play different courses in the area when I can.  Currently, playing in a weekly indoor sim league at X-Golf.  Lots of fun!

"Give it a little tappy.  Tap, tap, taparoo."

2 hours ago, JustTapItIn said:

SW Washington/NE Oregon area.  Try to play different courses in the area when I can.  Currently, playing in a weekly indoor sim league at X-Golf.  Lots of fun!

Quite a few members in the Portland area.  You can scan previous pages in this thread to find them; some new, and some that have been here for awhile.  Into the rainy season so probably won't get much interest until spring.  Cold on this side of the Cascades (20's and 30's) but sunny.  

• 1 month later...

Hi all, Erin here, I have been playing golf for almost 30 years and my current handicap is 7.6. My user name is my name.

I love everything about golf except negative players. It is the best game ever invented and I learn something every round. This is probably the main reason I joined MGS. I read the reviews and use them as a way to help evaluate equipment before choosing what I want to purchase. And yes, I do know other spies.

I am retired military and currently live in Cheyenne Wyoming the past 20 years. I retired at my last duty station, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyoming and decided to stay. It's the longest I have ever lived in one place. I work for the State of Wyoming as a planner, supporting our troops in the WARNG. My home course is Airport Golf Club in Cheyenne. I play all over the state, and in the surrounding states. The Golf Club at Devil's Tower is a must play and so is TPC Colorado. The best thing about Wyoming golf is the summer is not too hot and that makes for some great golf. The worst thing is the winter. I have to travel for golf. Thankfully Colorado has some great courses that are open all year. I just played last week and in December at Coyote Creek and Highland Meadows. Awesome courses in CO!

I am currently playing a Ping 410 9* LST in a Jupiter stiff shaft, although I switch in-between the Jupiter stiff and the stock Xstiff shaft. I have the BRNR mini driver 11.5* lofted to 9* in the stock stiff shaft as my fairway metal. I have PXG hybrids in Xstiff, PXG 0311 Gen 3 irons 6-PW, 52* and 56* wedges in KBS Tour Lite Xstiff (I just purchased New Level 902s 5-PW in Project X IO 6.5 shafts so the irons may change soon) and PXG Bat Attack putter. I play OnCore Vero X2 balls and sport the AskEcho cart bag.

So, that's me! Happy birdie hunting!!!

Erin B

golf 2.jpg

golf 1.jpg

Golf.jpg

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft

Ping 425 Max 3 wood w/Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1 shaft

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons w/6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

PXG 311 Gen 3 52 & 56 Wedges w/ Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

Hi gang! New golfer here in Missoula Montana.

Like many, played golf maybe a handful of times in my youth and picked it up again last summer at the ripe age of 37. Currently a 14 HC but it’s in flux heh. Pretty standard game I imagine for an ex-athlete. Drive 320 and straight, approach game is shambles, wedges are reliable, chipping is not, pitching is guesswork and putting minute to minute. Compared to my 14 HC peers, I prolly am 5 strokes gained off the tee and negative a million on approach. 

currently shooting a Ping G400 max, Tour Edge Exotics 7 wood, SLDR 5H, 25 year old Wilson Fat Shafts, Lazarus wedges, and Taylor Made Arc putter. Eclectic and I like it!

1999 Wilson Fat Shafts

• 3 weeks later...

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing since I was a kid around age 5, which puts me around 30 years. My handicap has been around a 6-7 lately with shooting in the mid to upper 70s each round. 

What do you love about golf?

Just the fun of the game with the highs and lows in a single round. Also the times with family and friends on the course it never disappoints. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Reviews and the forums. No I do not.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Hayden Idaho. I play all over the area but usually the CDA Public, Links, or Prairie Falls

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Winter can be brutal, which means our playing window can get flooded with people. Best is we have amazing courses here.

What do you do for a living?

High school teacher

How’d you pick your user name?

Sounds like my last name and I often have a large beard so it works out. Many of my students refer to me as that so I went with it.

Welcome to the forums @Beardstrom!  Glad you joined us.  Love the area.  Even though I'm a couple of hours away, my wife and I get up to Spokane and N. idaho to play every year.  She grew up there and her dad and siblings all played golf.  

18 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Welcome to the forums @Beardstrom!  Glad you joined us.  Love the area.  Even though I'm a couple of hours away, my wife and I get up to Spokane and N. idaho to play every year.  She grew up there and her dad and siblings all played golf.  

Thanks! It really is a pretty amazing area with some top notch courses if you can get out on them. 

17 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Coeur d'Alene is one of my favorite courses. I strapped my clubs to my motorcycle and a buddy (he on his motorcycle) and I took a ride from Cheyenne Wyoming to Coeur d'Alene. I played with the caddy and parred the floating green. The caddy birdied it. It was at it's longest distance so I felt pretty accomplished. I cannot wait to play it again. Same thing with the motorcycles!!! 

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

57 minutes ago, Beardstrom said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing since I was a kid around age 5, which puts me around 30 years. My handicap has been around a 6-7 lately with shooting in the mid to upper 70s each round. 

What do you love about golf?

Just the fun of the game with the highs and lows in a single round. Also the times with family and friends on the course it never disappoints. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Reviews and the forums. No I do not.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Hayden Idaho. I play all over the area but usually the CDA Public, Links, or Prairie Falls

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Winter can be brutal, which means our playing window can get flooded with people. Best is we have amazing courses here.

What do you do for a living?

High school teacher

How’d you pick your user name?

Sounds like my last name and I often have a large beard so it works out. Many of my students refer to me as that so I went with it.

I grew up in the Magic Valley area near Twin Falls. Love Northern Idaho!!! Welcome!!!

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

4 minutes ago, Erin B said:

Coeur d'Alene is one of my favorite courses. I strapped my clubs to my motorcycle and a buddy (he on his motorcycle) and I took a ride from Cheyenne Wyoming to Coeur d'Alene. I played with the caddy and parred the floating green. The caddy birdied it. It was at it's longest distance so I felt pretty accomplished. I cannot wait to play it again. Same thing with the motorcycles!!! 

Sounds like a heck of a time! I have a handful of pars out there and one from a bunker on the floating green which is fun. Oddly enough I somehow ended up playing a night golf event on the floating green that I accidently showed up to. Was a really cool experience. 

5 minutes ago, Beardstrom said:

Sounds like a heck of a time! I have a handful of pars out there and one from a bunker on the floating green which is fun. Oddly enough I somehow ended up playing a night golf event on the floating green that I accidently showed up to. Was a really cool experience. 

If I make the trip this year, I'll look you up.

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2