Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Personal Launch Monitor for use with SuperSpeed Golf???

I know there are multiple threads about SuperSpeed Golf (and alternatives - including DIY) and I know there a several threads about personal launch monitors, but I don't recall ever seeing any threads about which launch monitor is best suited for use with SuperSpeed Golf.

The primary concern is obviously going to be club speed, but I'd also be interested in seeing ball speed as well. More importantly though, I just want to make sure that my swing speed is as accurate as I can get it for under $500. I know SuperSpeed sells a swing speed radar on their site and even offers bundles that include it with their training system, but I don't know much about it. Is it reliable and accurate? Could a Voice Caddie SC 200 or SC 300 work better? What about other devices like Zepp?

I'd be curious to see and hear who has used what, and which device you would recommend. I plan on working hard in the off-season to improve my physical fitness and try to increase swing speed modestly to around ~115 MPH (approx. 7% - 10% increase from current).

Thanks!

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

3 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Is it reliable and accurate? Could a Voice Caddie SC 200 or SC 300 work better? What about other devices like Zepp?

I would call the Sports Sensors Swing Speed Radar "precise," which isn't necessarily accurate but reliable. Meaning you will definitely get a trend established throughout training and see improvements. Whether the number is totally accurate is another thing, and that also depends on how you want things measured. The SSR measures the speed at the toe of the club (different from, say, Trackman), and mine is at least a few MPH "fast" compared to my Swing Caddie SC200.

You will not be able to use a Swing Caddie for the SuperSpeed program. It will not measure the club head speed properly without a ball. I am not sure about the Zepp sensor as I do not own one, nor do I know anyone who does.

When I shattered the screen of my SSR last winter doing training, I called the company to get a replacement screen sent over. The owner who answered the phone said he got a ton of new screen requests since the SuperSpeed program caught on, and he was very adamant that you should only be testing speed with a real driver before and after the training. This is different than what the SuperSpeed program relies on, which is measuring each swing with the weighted clubs. Guess he was sick of sending out new screens.

I personally think having the SSR is critical to pushing yourself to your limits during training. But for tracking swing and ball speed, I would recommend the SC200. At the price of the SC300, I would consider a Flightscope Mevo instead.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

58 minutes ago, edingc said:

I would call the Sports Sensors Swing Speed Radar "precise," which isn't necessarily accurate but reliable. Meaning you will definitely get a trend established throughout training and see improvements. Whether the number is totally accurate is another thing, and that also depends on how you want things measured. The SSR measures the speed at the toe of the club (different from, say, Trackman), and mine is at least a few MPH "fast" compared to my Swing Caddie SC200.

You will not be able to use a Swing Caddie for the SuperSpeed program. It will not measure the club head speed properly without a ball. I am not sure about the Zepp sensor as I do not own one, nor do I know anyone who does.

When I shattered the screen of my SSR last winter doing training, I called the company to get a replacement screen sent over. The owner who answered the phone said he got a ton of new screen requests since the SuperSpeed program caught on, and he was very adamant that you should only be testing speed with a real driver before and after the training. This is different than what the SuperSpeed program relies on, which is measuring each swing with the weighted clubs. Guess he was sick of sending out new screens.

I personally think having the SSR is critical to pushing yourself to your limits during training. But for tracking swing and ball speed, I would recommend the SC200. At the price of the SC300, I would consider a Flightscope Mevo instead.

I guess I hadn't thought about use with the training clubs. I understand why they want you to do that. The reason for considering other monitors that include ball speed is simply a means to help monitor efficiency while doing the program. I know there are numerous reviews touting the benefits of SuperSpeed Golf, but it seems logical one of the pitfalls could be diminished ability to find the middle of the club face.

Seems like the best option may be to have more than one monitor so I can collect the data I want with real golf clubs and also perform the training as intended...

Just did some research on a few options and it looks like the Voice Caddie SC200 PLUS includes a practice mode that will provide swing speed without hitting a ball. Anyone have experience with it??? Seems like it would be pretty ideal for my needs.

Personally ball speed is a much better stat to track. One can swing fast but is they aren’t hitting the face consistently near the center the ss is irrelevant. Smash factor is as important but many devices use a preset value

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

9 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Personally ball speed is a much better stat to track. One can swing fast but is they aren’t hitting the face consistently near the center the ss is irrelevant. Smash factor is as important but many devices use a preset value

That's why I'm interested in a device like the SC200 Plus or would even consider getting the SuperSpeed bundle that includes the SSR and then purchase an SC100 or SC200 to compliment that. 

The only problem is, I'm seeing inconsistent reviews on the SC100 and for the price of the bundle + SC200 (used), I might as well just get the SC200 Plus and not bother with the SSR at all (only $65 more for brand new everything).

Another option that springs to mind now, is I could just get the bundle from SuperSpeed and then go use the nearby simulator for $5. I don't recall exactly which brand, but I'm pretty sure it's a Full Swing which is supposed to be fairly accurate. A 20 minute practice session only costs $5 if I remember correctly.

56 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Seems like the best option may be to have more than one monitor so I can collect the data I want with real golf clubs and also perform the training as intended...

46 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Just did some research on a few options and it looks like the Voice Caddie SC200 PLUS includes a practice mode that will provide swing speed without hitting a ball.

I have both the SC 200 (non-plus) and the SSR, for the reasons you mentioned. I don't believe the SC 200 Plus was available when I was looking. Definitely looks like a great option to combine the functionality of the two.

For what it's worth, I really like my SC 200, but I'm always tempted by the Mevo and its launch and spin numbers.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

4 minutes ago, edingc said:

I have both the SC 200 (non-plus) and the SSR, for the reasons you mentioned. I don't believe the SC 200 Plus was available when I was looking. Definitely looks like a great option to combine the functionality of the two.

For what it's worth, I really like my SC 200, but I'm always tempted by the Mevo and its launch and spin numbers.

I'd have to see a lot more comprehensive data on the Mevo before I could fully justify it (I didn't realize just how expensive the SC300 was or I wouldn't have mentioned it in the OP). I understand a LM at that price point isn't going to be as accurate or reliable as Trackman or the like, but it needs to be within a decent range for the numbers it's supposedly measuring in order for me to be interested. Tacking on data points simply for the sake of claiming more features over your competitors isn't very enticing to me. However, most budget priced LM's - even those like Zepp and Swingbyte - seem to produce fairly accurate (and reliable) swing speed numbers or ball speed numbers (if equipped like the SC200).

1 hour ago, TR1PTIK said:

I'd have to see a lot more comprehensive data on the Mevo before I could fully justify it (I didn't realize just how expensive the SC300 was or I wouldn't have mentioned it in the OP). I understand a LM at that price point isn't going to be as accurate or reliable as Trackman or the like, but it needs to be within a decent range for the numbers it's supposedly measuring in order for me to be interested. Tacking on data points simply for the sake of claiming more features over your competitors isn't very enticing to me. However, most budget priced LM's - even those like Zepp and Swingbyte - seem to produce fairly accurate (and reliable) swing speed numbers or ball speed numbers (if equipped like the SC200).

In my experience the accuracy of the sc200 went down the longer the club got. I ended up usin mine for wedge practice to get random shots. 

Obviously the chase for distance is something many golfers go after. With added speed the chances of flaws grows and the bigger the miss.

while working out and flexibility will help add speed one has to train the muscles to work faster which is where superspeed comes in.

proper sequencing without the training can add speed and distance.

why the chase for more speed? Are you also going to work on your swing mechanics in the offseason?

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

I have both the SC 200 (non-plus) and the SSR, for the reasons you mentioned. I don't believe the SC 200 Plus was available when I was looking. Definitely looks like a great option to combine the functionality of the two. For what it's worth, I really like my SC 200, but I'm always tempted by the Mevo and its launch and spin numbers.

I have the SC200 but don't know if it's the plus or not. I know there is a practice mode but have never used it. Is there a quick way to identify if it's a plus?

Some time ago I posted a comment on an SC200 thread about how I use it which is to observe improvements vs. taking the data as absolutes. On the range if I start at 80 mph and continue increasing say to 86 mph during the session, that's the improvement I'm looking to observe. Does it matter to me if the SC200 says 80 and it really is 83,? For me it doesn't because I am looking for is that incremental improvement.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

11 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I have the SC200 but don't know if it's the plus or not. I know there is a practice mode but have never used it. Is there a quick way to identify if it's a plus?

Based on the photos of the product on Voice Caddie's website, it seems the Plus model will simply say that where the model name is printed on the front of the device.

11 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Some time ago I posted a comment on an SC200 thread about how I use it which is to observe improvements vs. taking the data as absolutes. On the range if I start at 80 mph and continue increasing say to 86 mph during the session, that's the improvement I'm looking to observe. Does it matter to me if the SC200 says 80 and it really is 83,? For me it doesn't because I am looking for is that incremental improvement.

That's how I would look to use it. I don't care about actual distance numbers - I've seen plenty of examples where they would be inaccurate and there are better ways to measure yardage gains (like on the course) - I just want something that offers good information about club speed AND ball speed. Most reviews I've read show that the SC200 (even the SC100) is within a few MPH of much more expensive LMs on those two data points.

Edited by TR1PTIK

6 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

In my experience the accuracy of the sc200 went down the longer the club got. I ended up usin mine for wedge practice to get random shots. 

Are you talking distance, or club speed and ball speed too? I've read plenty about inaccurate distances with longer clubs, but have heard little about actual measured data points. There are several components required to determine distance that the device (and many others) does not measure. The longer the club and the longer the distance, the more those calculated data points will factor into the equation and skew the results. It's fairly simple.

6 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

why the chase for more speed? Are you also going to work on your swing mechanics in the offseason?

It's simple really, I have goals. My mechanics are generally decent though they could use some work. Most important to me during this training is that I don't see a decline in swing mechanics.

6 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Are you talking distance, or club speed and ball speed too? I've read plenty about inaccurate distances with longer clubs, but have heard little about actual measured data points. There are several components required to determine distance that the device (and many others) does not measure. The longer the club and the longer the distance, the more those calculated data points will factor into the equation and skew the results. It's fairly simple.

It's simple really, I have goals. My mechanics are generally decent though they could use some work. Most important to me during this training is that I don't see a decline in swing mechanics.

Data points. The accuracy of the readings is inconsistent and not accurate. Iirc it uses a pre programmed smash factor for each club. 

Curious what your goals are. Hopefully your mechanics and swing don’t suffer but I’ll leave you with Spieth and Donald as examples of chasing speed/distance and the effects that can come from it and they both have solid mechanics

8 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Based on the photos of the product on Voice Caddie's website, it seems the Plus model will simply say that where the model name is printed on the front of the device.

That's how I would look to use it. I don't care about actual distance numbers - I've seen plenty of examples where they would be accurate and there are better ways to measure yardage gains (like on the course) - I just want something that offers good information about club speed AND ball speed. Most reviews I've read show that the SC200 (even the SC100) is within a few MPH of much more expensive LMs on those two data points.

My SC200 numbers were pretty close to the Trackman numbers when I went for a fitting. So I'm pretty happy with the $200. I spent on it (ebay). 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Data points. The accuracy of the readings is inconsistent and not accurate. Iirc it uses a pre programmed smash factor for each club. 

You still haven't answered my questions directly. Data points is a pretty vague answer and I've never mentioned smash factor as a metric I have much interest in. Many people have noted smash factor numbers to be off a bit with the SC100/200/300 because club speed and or ball speed are not always representative of what they see on more elaborate systems. However, much of the reading I've done suggests that both measurements are within close proximity and are fairly reliable.

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Curious what your goals are. Hopefully your mechanics and swing don’t suffer but I’ll leave you with Spieth and Donald as examples of chasing speed/distance and the effects that can come from it and they both have solid mechanics

My goals are to play competitive golf and actually be competitive. Maybe that winds up being limited to local or regional events, and maybe it goes beyond that. Regardless, I've played several rounds with some of the best players in my area and I'm familiar with the courses I'd be playing on. Distance is lacking - as are other areas of my game - which means I need to put in some work. Concerns about mechanics and wanting to verify results via ball speed is the reason why I started this thread.

58 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

My SC200 numbers were pretty close to the Trackman numbers when I went for a fitting. So I'm pretty happy with the $200. I spent on it (ebay). 

That's largely what I've heard. It all seems to be a matter of what you actually want to pay attention to and in my case (where I'm only concerned about club speed and ball speed), the SC200 seems to be reasonably accurate and reliable.

Still, I do think I will hold off on a purchase for a while and opt to use the simulator nearby instead. The numbers I need would be equally accurate/reliable, and it only costs $5 per visit. Perhaps, I could even just start stashing money away for something that would be even better like a SkyTrak or used Flightscope.

Yes, ball speed is very important. Swinging faster with off center contact could result in slower ball speed which isn’t what you want. Superspeed is about learning how to swing faster and when combined with center contact should result in faster ball speeds. Superspeed will not fix contact if it was off.

As for the radars, you need something that measures the head and isn’t triggered by contact like launch monitors are. The recommended radar is perfect for that since you can monitor progress over time from a known baseline. It doesn’t matter if it is off from another device since you are always comparing in the same unit.

I would recommend a second unit for ball speed checks so you can also work on mechanics.

Or you could just get the units you mentioned and only look at your performance while hitting balls and not during super speed training. I recommend against this since it is difficult to personally evaluate if you are actually swinging faster with the individual swings.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Yes, ball speed is very important. Swinging faster with off center contact could result in slower ball speed which isn’t what you want. Superspeed is about learning how to swing faster and when combined with center contact should result in faster ball speeds. Superspeed will not fix contact if it was off.

As for the radars, you need something that measures the head and isn’t triggered by contact like launch monitors are. The recommended radar is perfect for that since you can monitor progress over time from a known baseline. It doesn’t matter if it is off from another device since you are always comparing in the same unit.

I would recommend a second unit for ball speed checks so you can also work on mechanics.

Or you could just get the units you mentioned and only look at your performance while hitting balls and not during super speed training. I recommend against this since it is difficult to personally evaluate if you are actually swinging faster with the individual swings.

That was my thinking exactly! I think after researching devices for a few days and taking a closer look at options available nearby, I will probably purchase the bundle and hold off on any sort of LM for a while. There's a simulator nearby that provides club and ball data that is equally accurate for my needs and would save me a bit of money for the time being.

1 hour ago, TR1PTIK said:

You still haven't answered my questions directly. Data points is a pretty vague answer and I've never mentioned smash factor as a metric I have much interest in. Many people have noted smash factor numbers to be off a bit with the SC100/200/300 because club speed and or ball speed are not always representative of what they see on more elaborate systems. However, much of the reading I've done suggests that both measurements are within close proximity and are fairly reliable.

My goals are to play competitive golf and actually be competitive. Maybe that winds up being limited to local or regional events, and maybe it goes beyond that. Regardless, I've played several rounds with some of the best players in my area and I'm familiar with the courses I'd be playing on. Distance is lacking - as are other areas of my game - which means I need to put in some work. Concerns about mechanics and wanting to verify results via ball speed is the reason why I started this thread.

Pretty much all of them. I compared against a gc 2 ball speed and distance were shorter on sc200 and visual it was easy to see the sc200 was wrong.

smash factor is indicative of contact efficiency. If you are swinging faster but making bad contact ball speed will decrease and you won’t be making use of added speed. Contact on face will affect ball speed and ball speed will affect distance.

improving face contact, face to path and the results on the course especially if you are playing the same ones will be better determination if your training and everything else is paying off.

the rabbit hole and the issues that can come with it trying to chase distance can be bad. I wish you luck on your journey and hope the chase doesn’t affect your on course performance 

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't see it mentioned already, but I have an SSR unit that was provided during the SuperSpeed review, and I use the unit for both Club Head speed as well as for Ball speed. The downside, is that since the unit will pick up the speed of the fastest moving object in front of it, you can only capture 1 of these speeds at any given time. To measure ball speed, I lay the SSR unit on its back, facing up, in front of the driving range mat. The unit needs to be in-line with the ball (so the ball travels over it), so you really only want to be doing this if you are VERY confident in not topping the ball into the unit. I think the company offers a protective shield, but I don't have one. I have found the SSR unit to be pretty consistent, although sometimes I do wish I had more data to look at like on the SC units...

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

On 8/30/2019 at 12:56 PM, Kegger said:

I didn't see it mentioned already, but I have an SSR unit that was provided during the SuperSpeed review, and I use the unit for both Club Head speed as well as for Ball speed. The downside, is that since the unit will pick up the speed of the fastest moving object in front of it, you can only capture 1 of these speeds at any given time. To measure ball speed, I lay the SSR unit on its back, facing up, in from of the driving range mat. The unit needs to be in-line with the ball (so the ball travels over it), so you really only want to be doing this if you are VERY confident in not topping the ball into the unit. I think the company offers a protective shield, but I don't have one. I have found the SSR unit to be pretty consistent, although sometimes I do wish I had more data to look at like on the SC units...

That's a pretty ingenious way to use the unit that I had not thought of!!! Does it seem pretty accurate? 

That's a pretty ingenious way to use the unit that I had not thought of!!! Does it seem pretty accurate? 
Yea, the ball speed numbers appear to be fairly accurate. The last time I used the unit like this was a few weeks ago and I was seeing driver ball speeds in the 135-140 mph range with the odd 145 mixed in. I hit my driver on Trackman on Saturday and my ball speeds ranged from 139-142. But keep in mind that these were on different days with range balls vs premium balls.

I've also used the unit for measuring mid iron ball speeds, and while I think these are fairly accurate as well, I don't have a recent comparison for the numbers...

Sent from my SM-G970U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Sorry that I am jumping in new to this thread.

I have the SC 200 and I have done SuperSpeed (with their radar) and I have gone through two fittings since I purchased the SC 200 one on trackman and the other on (oh sorry old age has crept in and I've forgotten the unit - flightscope perhaps?  It was a year and a half ago).

I really do thing that the SC 200 would give you what you wanted.  It's ball speed with driver is extremely accurate although it will miss shots or more accurately it can be fooled into thinking a shot has gone farther than it really has - It loves a low and left ball flight!!!  However I can see when it's being inaccurate.  When I went for my Ping Long game fitting last spring and got fit for driver Trackman had my ball speed from 132-138 with driver.  That's just where I've been at on SC.  To me ball speed is what matters most on that device.  Interestingly the distances that it gave me were a bit shorter that what I was actually hitting driver in the spring - now they are ridiculously long compared to how far I'm hitting it (I rely on roll out and I'm getting none of that at this time of year here.)  Carry distances with driver are extremely accurate IM and again just what I was getting when I was being fit on trackman. 

For me clubhead speed has always been slower on SC than on the SuperSpeed radar device.  It's generally 3-4 mph less. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

52 minutes ago, revkev said:

Sorry that I am jumping in new to this thread.

I have the SC 200 and I have done SuperSpeed (with their radar) and I have gone through two fittings since I purchased the SC 200 one on trackman and the other on (oh sorry old age has crept in and I've forgotten the unit - flightscope perhaps?  It was a year and a half ago).

I really do thing that the SC 200 would give you what you wanted.  It's ball speed with driver is extremely accurate although it will miss shots or more accurately it can be fooled into thinking a shot has gone farther than it really has - It loves a low and left ball flight!!!  However I can see when it's being inaccurate.  When I went for my Ping Long game fitting last spring and got fit for driver Trackman had my ball speed from 132-138 with driver.  That's just where I've been at on SC.  To me ball speed is what matters most on that device.  Interestingly the distances that it gave me were a bit shorter that what I was actually hitting driver in the spring - now they are ridiculously long compared to how far I'm hitting it (I rely on roll out and I'm getting none of that at this time of year here.)  Carry distances with driver are extremely accurate IM and again just what I was getting when I was being fit on trackman. 

For me clubhead speed has always been slower on SC than on the SuperSpeed radar device.  It's generally 3-4 mph less. 

I think the SC 200 would be the better overall unit, but the biggest consideration is the use of the SuperSpeed program. @revkev, correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that the SC 200 will only work when hitting a ball, so it wouldn't be able to be used for measuring the speed of the SuperSpeed clubs. The one nice thing about the SSR unit is that you can use it for both the training clubs and normal shots.

But I will admit, if I wasn't given the SSR unit for the review, I would be leaning towards the SC 200. I think it is more useful in the long run.  Even if you can't measure the training speeds, in the end, the results from the program are what we're most interested in!

50 minutes ago, Kegger said:

@revkev, correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that the SC 200 will only work when hitting a ball, so it wouldn't be able to be used for measuring the speed of the SuperSpeed clubs. 

I think I mentioned it in one of my previous posts, but I did some research and the SC 200 PLUS has a practice mode that will provide club speed without a ball.