ballplayer002003

trip ideas request

Our Sponsors

9 hours ago, ballplayer002003 said:

sounds good!  that must have been one hell of a trip!!!

It was a busy trip is what it was. We teed off no later than 9 every day, would catch lunch, then head to the park for an afternoon game or get a break for a bit before a night game. Get back and get to bed around 10-11 every night. It was busy, but one of the most fun trips I've ever been on.

Crystal springs resort in north jersey. Stay and play. Never been heard it’s real nice though. Jersey shore also has lots of nice courses and all very close to each other. 

I just did a OC,MD trip. Played Baywood, Bayside, Rum Pointe, Lighthouse, Eagles Landing. Did Myrtle two weeks prior. with  Dunes, TPC, TB, Caledonia and Reserve. Myrtle was a tad nicer. Was a tad more $ too. Nemocolin has two great courses and is within drive distance. Have been to Streamsong a few times. Don't think you can do 5 days there at $1500. Look at Black Diamond stay and play...and 20 miles away is World Woods. So many places...Ha

So the guys on the trip want to do Bethpage, we are going to rent an Airbnb and then on the last day or two, camp out in the parking lot to play the Black course so we get the FULL experience.  My question now, what are some really good must play public places near Bethpage or NYC for that matter.  I have played Trump National Ferry Point so that is probably on the list again and we plan on playing the red and black course but other then these what else?  The group consists of scratch golfers to 16 hcp.  so we are up for anything.