Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Taylormade Truss TM2

Jbmullin

IMG_0010.JPG

I decided to break down and demo one of these from global golf, i am curious to see if it does feel more stable. Anyone else try this thing out? Good deal $35 bucks for a 2 week trial off global golf.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

I tried them.  odd look at setup but they seem to roll the ball well.   Looks would keep me away from one as I found other putters that look better and roll better for my stroke.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

The look is terrible , I’m curious to see how they roll. During my lesson today I killed sometime trying the bird of prey putter from odyssey and it is a great feeling putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

12 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

The look is terrible , I’m curious to see how they roll. During my lesson today I killed sometime trying the bird of prey putter from odyssey and it is a great feeling putter.

Each different model has a distinct look.   I struggled getting used to the look for the center shafted models;  the other models looked better to my eye.   For those that like center shafted models,  it may be a bit busy.    There are lots of great feeling putters,  from TM,  I think the Spider S is a good option  I didn't like the look when I saw the pictures, but when I tested it last week I liked it.  For some reason, I really seem to like TM putters when I actually get them in my hands.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I tried the TB1 in store and actually liked the feel quite a bit.  I thought the TB1 did a fair job of hiding the truss.  I didn't think it was outstanding stability, but could notice a little bit more.  Face seemed to be on the firmer side which is my preference, so I got used to distance pretty quickly.  Would not pay that much for this putter, but I think Taylormade have come out with some nice putter offerings in the past few years.  I have also been tempted on pulling the trigger on a spider and a juno putter for some different options to try out.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I got the TM2 today and it’s hard on the eyes but I putted 100 balls with it on my indoor mat. I have to say the truss was not as offensive looking from the top line looking down on it and lining up the putter to ball. I was pleasantly surprised. It felt firm off the face, and it felt stable and I was able to go straight back/straight forward and hole a lot of putts.
I set up my IPad and took slo mo video from multiple angles and I really did not see a lot of head turn on contact on the video, it really held the line.
Overall I am impressed with it. going to keep putting it through the paces here before I decide if I’m sending it back after the 2 week trial.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

• 2 months later...

I really love Taylormade putters, but I could not handle the look of these. 

M5 Taylormade w/Hazrds Yellow (small batch)

Ping G410 Hybrid w/Evenflow protoype

Taylormade 4-PW P-750 w/C-Taper Lite 

Taylormade HiToe 50, 54, 60 w/project-x 

Scotty Squareback or Spyder X