Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Courses opening despite state mandates

Was going to post this in the COVID-19 but that is locked and nothing else really seemed to apply. Anyway as many of you are aware of what states are still closed, MA being one of them wanted to see how you felt about what 2 courses in MA just did.

-2 courses (Wachusett CC and Kettlebrook) which are sister courses, the owner came out yesterday and said if they dont open they will basically go out of business so they are opening regardless of what the state puts out.

Has anyone else had this happen in their state? What do you think about this?

I personally thing its great, open up if you can...its time. These are unprecedented times and I think it really should be up to courses to decide as long as there are safe practices in place

Below which I am sure most of you have seen (little out of date because NH is open and I believe WA is as well). Tough being 1 of 3 states not golfing lol. I think all these other states have shown that golf is fine to open up.

image.png.2143b8471cd3c98f1bcb788041b975a6.png

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

9 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Was going to post this in the COVID-19 but that is locked and nothing else really seemed to apply. Anyway as many of you are aware of what states are still closed, MA being one of them wanted to see how you felt about what 2 courses in MA just did.

-2 courses (Wachusett CC and Kettlebrook) which are sister courses, the owner came out yesterday and said if they dont open they will basically go out of business so they are opening regardless of what the state puts out.

Has anyone else had this happen in their state? What do you think about this?

I personally thing its great, open up if you can...its time. These are unprecedented times and I think it really should be up to courses to decide as long as there are safe practices in place

I don't know what type of enforcement MA has, but it seems to me that defying the orders could result in a business licence suspension or revocation, which could ensure their demise.  I can sympathize with the financial straits many businesses are in, and I think that golf can be played reasonably safely, but I'm not sure that disobedience is the right way to go right now.  Its tough choices for golf courses, and barber shops, and restaurants, and many many other businesses.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

It's funny that California is colored Yellow. LOL

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

13 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I don't know what type of enforcement MA has, but it seems to me that defying the orders could result in a business licence suspension or revocation, which could ensure their demise.  I can sympathize with the financial straits many businesses are in, and I think that golf can be played reasonably safely, but I'm not sure that disobedience is the right way to go right now.  Its tough choices for golf courses, and barber shops, and restaurants, and many many other businesses.

Great thought process Dave. It’s so hard because of this double edged sword. Agreed it’s not just courses under these issues but with a business that relies so heavily on season it makes it difficult. I really feel like the state is dragging their feet in this because there are so many other examples of states being successful. Even though our country is so great because of the ability for states to decide on their own rules and regulations this one is leaving a sour taste in my mouth

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

1 minute ago, PlaidJacket said:

It's funny that California is colored Yellow. LOL

Cali is portions right I believe some areas are open some are not? CA is special lived there during my time in the military....outside of the box state 🤦‍♂️

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Based on some stuff I’ve seen the owner is going to face fine and jail time and possibly lose their license at least on a temporary basis.

My take is that golf courses shouldn’t be shut down and many areas have been successful in flattening the curve with them open. There are guidelines for every type of business and that’s what should determine if they can be open. Won’t go any further as the rest of my thoughts are/will be deemed political so I’ll keep the rest to myself 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

5 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Based on some stuff I’ve seen the owner is going to face fine and jail time and possibly lose their license at least on a temporary basis.

My take is that golf courses shouldn’t be shut down and many areas have been successful in flattening the curve with them open. There are guidelines for every type of business and that’s what should determine if they can be open. Won’t go any further as the rest of my thoughts are/will be deemed political so I’ll keep the rest to myself 

It’s tough because other businesses are allowed to be open. Restaurants can do pickup. Barber shops can go to your house and do a home visit with no one knowing yet golf courses and I am sure other businesses are getting killed. You can’t amazon deliver a golf course to someone’s house lol. Tough situation multiple moving parts I’m just still very surprised with some things

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

21 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

It’s tough because other businesses are allowed to be open. Restaurants can do pickup. Barber shops can go to your house and do a home visit with no one knowing yet golf courses and I am sure other businesses are getting killed. You can’t amazon deliver a golf course to someone’s house lol. Tough situation multiple moving parts I’m just still very surprised with some things

Yeah lots of questions on why certain businesses have to close while others can stay open. What’s the difference between Walmart or target selling clothes or kohl’s or Art supplies while michaels is closed or a mom and pop store that sells the same. Just because they have essential items in part of the store. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

I am thankful that the courses in Colorado have reopened.  Not all courses were closed during this time as some county club courses throughout the state remained opened.  I live across the street of one of the city courses in Fort Collins, CO (my home course) and it was painful watching the course green up and people talking a walk was allowed on the course but golfers were not.  At least the courses are opened for play here, hopefully they will open everywhere soon. 

Edited by RobotDoctor

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 50°/ 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

SW:  Callaway MD5 Jaws 54°, TT DG Tour Issue S200 115g wedge shaft

Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips: BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

I can certainly sympathise with the owner, but if they are actually breaking laws then it is not unreasonable to expect some legal repercussions.

I am in UK where all courses are currently shut.  Unfortunately though it is not really because 'playing golf' in itself is deemed unsafe.  It is mainly the 'unneccesary journeys' needed to get there (as well as the potential risks of players congregating in the car park etc.) that effectively made keeping them open just not compatible with the guidelines and legislation.  There are mutterings of them opening, with safety measures, shortly though.

14 minutes ago, Pandaman said:

I can certainly sympathise with the owner, but if they are actually breaking laws then it is not unreasonable to expect some legal repercussions.

I am in UK where all courses are currently shut.  Unfortunately though it is not really because 'playing golf' in itself is deemed unsafe.  It is mainly the 'unneccesary journeys' needed to get there (as well as the potential risks of players congregating in the car park etc.) that effectively made keeping them open just not compatible with the guidelines and legislation.  There are mutterings of them opening, with safety measures, shortly though.

The thing is there is no rhyme or reason. This isn't happening in just MA either where states are allowing VIOLENT offenders out of prison because of contracting the virus but we cant go golf and those owners will be reprimanded with potential jail time? Doesn't pass the smell test for me. Just a lot of things that just dont seem to make sense to me.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

41 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

The thing is there is no rhyme or reason. This isn't happening in just MA either where states are allowing VIOLENT offenders out of prison because of contracting the virus but we cant go golf and those owners will be reprimanded with potential jail time? Doesn't pass the smell test for me. Just a lot of things that just dont seem to make sense to me.

I can't disagree with you there.

The problem is though that breaking any law(s) could potentially result in legal action of some sort.

Whether or not the law(s) in question are sensible however is a different matter, and not one that I am qualified to answer.  No doubt some lawyers will make enough cash to buy a few bags full of PXGs arguing that one out.

Got an email from a local course that is going to open tomorrow despite there being an order to close. The state organization has petitioned the governor to allow courses to open especially since one state has been open the whole time and the rest around us are now open, but he nor his office has responded.

I have a feeling more courses will do the same as will other businesses. 

Any business that was opened before the virus is essential to an economy as they are to allowing families to put food on their tables

Just now, RickyBobby_PR said:

Got an email from a local course that is going to open tomorrow despite there being an order to close. The state organization has petitioned the governor to allow courses to open especially since one state has been open the whole time and the rest around us are now open, but he nor his office has responded.

I have a feeling more courses will do the same as will other businesses. 

Any business that was opened before the virus is essential to an economy as they are to allowing families to put food on their tables

Just realized you're in Maryland another 1 of 3. If courses start doing that its really going to push the state into some sort of force open I think. Reprimanding could result in some serious back lash for the state as well IMO like I stated previously.

I know these 2 courses here have really forced the state to look at opening and the stir just today is big.

*side note my 500th post was debating on where to post it but felt like my own or the G710 review was a good spot. thank you MGS for a great forum.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

make that 1 of 2.... welcome back Maryland.

image.png

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

make that 1 of 2.... welcome back Maryland.

image.png

I am hearing Vermont is opening this week as well. So 1 of 1? Damnit Massachusetts 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Oh man I feel for you Massachusetts guys.  I can play golf in Rhode Island but I can't go to the park or park at the beach and take a walk.  So in my world my son and I are happy and my wife and daughter are pissed.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Massachusetts potential announcement possibly today to open up this weekend

Pray for us 🙏

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

7 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Massachusetts potential announcement possibly today to open up this weekend

Pray for us 🙏

Sources told MassLive the golf courses will be able to open under specific guidelines, which are expected to be released and detailed on Thursday.

MassLive learned golf courses could open as early as Thursday. 

Golf courses will not be allowed to have players use carts, the bathrooms or clubhouses.

....no bathrooms; what do they expect women golfers to do? 

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

....no bathrooms; what do they expect women golfers to do? 

Thats what a tree is for 🌲🌳🌴🌵

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

22 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

unfortunate it is! Goes to show that Golf's governing bodies didn't stand up and get involved. kind of rolled over and said okay. USGA, CDGA (in my case), PGA should have advocated for the golf communities, golf courses, driving ranges, etc. They needed to ensure the government understood how much of a non-contact sport this could be. This is especially true for the measures that were put into place: 1 person per cart, twosomes only, raised/modified cups, closed restaurant/bar areas, closed pro shops.

Just another instance of uneducated government and knee jerk reactions!

FINALLY.... the entire country has now officially welcomed golfers back.

https://www.massgolf.org/play/safeplayguidelines/

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

YESSSS! when are we getting out stroker and @B.Boston????? Snow saturday so thats out of the question lol

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

YESSSS! when are we getting out stroker and [mention=85402]B.Boston[/mention]????? Snow saturday so thats out of the question lol

Sunday may not be the best idea this week either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

YESSSS! when are we getting out stroker and @B.Boston????? Snow saturday so thats out of the question lol

it will take some serious courage to play golf on Mother's Day weekend after 'mom' has been cooped up all this time. I'm not sure there's a doghouse large enough for that one.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

1 minute ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

it will take some serious courage to play golf on Mother's Day weekend after 'mom' has been cooped up all this time. I'm not sure there's a doghouse large enough for that one.

Will this suffice Homemade Dog Kennel Plans for large dogs | Large Wood dog kennel ...

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Just now, GolfSpy Stroker said:

My Mother's Day gift is me leaving the house.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Will this suffice images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcS6Nk_3P99V8v5BXHuOa4wM18z5m4x3l8ZsY4RsjdfAx2BECChc&usqp=CAU

Are you saying I can live in a dog house with a screened in porch?! IMG_9604.GIF.ddb15c7529cb7dcf11018bd7872e3199.GIF

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

29 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I actually had an interesting conversation with my cousin who is head greens at a local course. What do you guys think about the towns that should have been responsible for this opening instead of the state? Local towns have there own health administrations and could work directly with each course?

I am definitely for local government over large scale I.E. country vs state vs town.

Check out my reviews:

WITB: