Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

If you haven't seen this before, it's your chance now!!

PoorGolfer

Some of you might have seen this on different golf forums before as I have posted it on several other forums. I couldn't let the MGS forum get away without having it here as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvg7650y6MM

This video has made the guy a golfing legend across the world. We were playing today my American friend and me, and that guy was playing in the fairway next to us. The moment my American friend saw him he instantly recognized him and took a photo with him.

24209_1233843295385_1508261226_493726_1148544_n.jpg

Amazing.

EDIT: Forgot to mention; my round today was even worse than last one. I played a stableford format this time, gave myself 25 strokes (my hcap is 28, but I used to score 10 under it). On the 12th hole my score was 6 stableford points. I didn't care to keep the score after that.

Tomorrow I am playing a local club match, also stableford format. If I am not at least 10 points by the 6th hole, I am quitting the match and quitting golf, for a very very very long time. Enough is enough, and I've had enough.

sdfut.jpg

Addicted to golf since February 2008

Best Score: 89

Birdies: 12

A guy I play with has cerebral Palsy, and his swig is pretty drastic... no back swing, and then he chops at it... It only goes about 100-150 yards max, but he is in the fairway EVERY shot...

Not as bad as the one above, but still crazy to watch...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• SPY VIP

EDIT: Forgot to mention; my round today was even worse than last one. I played a stableford format this time, gave myself 25 strokes (my hcap is 28, but I used to score 10 under it). On the 12th hole my score was 6 stableford points. I didn't care to keep the score after that.

Tomorrow I am playing a local club match, also stableford format. If I am not at least 10 points by the 6th hole, I am quitting the match and quitting golf, for a very very very long time. Enough is enough, and I've had enough.

No quitting. Go swimming in the afternoon instead, see a movie, get your mind away from it. If you quit and are happy that the torture is over, then I may think about it too. :D

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

Tell me that guy isn't wearing a Members Only jacket?!?! :blink:

I am sorry I do not know what that "Member's Only" thing is. ;)

I have no old pictures of myself rocking the neck strap jacket with the sleeves rolled up.

Volvo Intorqueo

No quitting. Go swimming in the afternoon instead, see a movie, get your mind away from it. If you quit and are happy that the torture is over, then I may think about it too. :blink:

Yeah don't quit. If you do, jsut know: you'll be back. It is a game that is hard to give up.

• SPY VIP

That swing is wild, but I'm patently confused as to where he was trying to make the ball go. Was he lined up 90* off of his intended line? Regardless, kudos to that guy for making himself an internet golf celebrity.

I think that the white marker to the right is the aiming point. Target out of frame to the left. Wacky!

Volvo Intorqueo

He starts with his back to the fairway, then makes these side steps till he rotates and faces the fairway and fires in the hole. He hits the ball most of the times and plays a power fade that goes 100-120 yards.

sdfut.jpg

Addicted to golf since February 2008

Best Score: 89

Birdies: 12

• SPY VIP

He starts with his back to the fairway, then makes these side steps till he rotates and faces the fairway and fires in the hole. He hits the ball most of the times and plays a power fade that goes 100-120 yards.

I hope he putts this way too! :)

Volvo Intorqueo

That's made the rounds. I think I've seen it now on about 3-4 golf boards, plus a couple of sites that just link to interesting things.

I don't know how a guy gets to that type of swing -- without it being just a gimmick and for the shock, or attention, aspect of it all.

Now let's see Hank Haney fix that swing.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Archived