Testers Wanted: Vice Golf Irons ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

1 hour ago, Luisddavila said:

Good Morning MGS!! Hello from Falmouth, Jamaica

ISIMG-1016061.jpeg

I'll be there next month, except on the Icon! Good choice of ship, BTW - been on the Independence a few times!

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

21 minutes ago, Luisddavila said:

Cheers friends!! Do not start drinking the hate-o-rade now 😂

ISIMG-1011263.jpeg

No hate, just jealousy 🙂 Where you at? That looks awesome.  My wife and I vacationed last year in Ixtapa exactly this time of year, and it was incredddddddible (all I'm going to say is: kids-camp for the win)

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

No hate, just jealousy 🙂 Where you at? That looks awesome.  My wife and I vacationed last year in Ixtapa exactly this time of year, and it was incredddddddible (all I'm going to say is: kids-camp for the win)

@GolfSpy SAM Falmouth, Jamaica. No need for kid-camp my “kids” are 17 and 15 🫡🫡

1 hour ago, taylorjonasher said:

I'll be there next month, except on the Icon! Good choice of ship, BTW - been on the Independence a few times!

@taylorjonasher we are on Explorer of the Sea. We went to Blue Water Beach

6 minutes ago, Javs said:

Good day everyone! I took @buckpillar’s advice. With my recent putting issues, I went and had a fitting/lesson. Apparently I was setting up with my putter face slightly open at address. This caused me to take the putter back slightly outside and making contact inconsistent. Sometimes we slide into bad habits. However, also I had the wrong putter for my stroke. I need a face balanced putter. I traded in three older putters. I received the fitting/lesson with 2 pros working on me and a new Odyssey Ai-One JailBird Mini. With the trade only spent 148! If I start putting again low rounds are coming!! This putter corrected  my alignment issue.image.jpeg.29574a9778da1497e81c98596d1f3c60.jpeg

Also relearned a great putting drill to work on the stroke.

image.jpeg.9ed326fbaaaadb6ed519c9325dd363c1.jpeg

See, forum to the rescue. That’s one very sweet looking putter.  Well done. 

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: L.A.B. DF3, TPT shaft, pistol grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

1 minute ago, Cfhandyman said:

See, forum to the rescue. That’s one very sweet looking putter.  Well done. 

Yes, once again the forum was money! Thank you to @buckpillar! Now hopefully the putting issues are behind me!!

Play like a champion today!

18 minutes ago, Javs said:

Good day everyone! I took @buckpillar’s advice. With my recent putting issues, I went and had a fitting/lesson. Apparently I was setting up with my putter face slightly open at address. This caused me to take the putter back slightly outside and making contact inconsistent. Sometimes we slide into bad habits. However, also I had the wrong putter for my stroke. I need a face balanced putter. I traded in three older putters. I received the fitting/lesson with 2 pros working on me and a new Odyssey Ai-One JailBird Mini. With the trade only spent 148! If I start putting again low rounds are coming!! This putter corrected  my alignment issue.image.jpeg.29574a9778da1497e81c98596d1f3c60.jpeg

Nice…interested to hear your thoughts on the Ai…just finished up the test on a 7s and was super impressed with the distance control and feel.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

10 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Nice…interested to hear your thoughts on the Ai…just finished up the test on a 7s and was super impressed with the distance control and feel.

I play on Thursday and it will be in the bag! Glad you are impressed with the 7’s. If I didn’t do the fitting I would have picked it. The JailBird Mini actually performed best for me. They also bent it 4 degrees flat. 

5 minutes ago, GaryF said:

Nice looking putter.  I can kind of relate to your comment about sliding into bad habits.  The last few years I’ve studied a lot about the mechanics of the swing, but ignored various aspects of putting, but last year after improving a lot with my scores, it was obvious my putting was holding me back.  

Did I slide into bad habits? IDK - only because I couldnt have told you what my habits were.  I had an old ping blade putter that I really liked the look, but something was wrong.  I finally spent a lot of time studying about putting and tried a lot of different Odyssey Versa putter styles that my club had as demos.  By this time I was convinced I needed a mallet or mid-mallet.  I also focused a lot on setup, ball position, and more shoulder turn with relaxed arms and quiet wrists. 

One day at a pgatss I was trying various other brands and a bored sales agent approached and we started talking.  He says if I have time, he’d like to bring out SAM.  So, he sets it up and it analyzes my putting.  I was using an unfamiliar putter for the test, but it gave me a good idea about my swing technique.  So I went back to my club and checked out the Odyssey Versa DoubleWide (has slight toe-hang) and played a round with it with very good success.  I wasn’t  sure it really fit my eye and ended up checking it out 2 more times.  I couldn’t argue with the results and finally ordered.  By that time, the price was reduced to $234 and I couldn’t be happier performance-wise.

That’s a great story and really glad it worked out for you!

1 hour ago, Javs said:

Nice!  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

1 hour ago, Javs said:

Nice result and good to hear you had a positive putter fitting experience. I plan to book a putter fitting and lesson once I figure out the best place for each in my area- it's definitely my Achilles heel! I really like some of the Odyssey mallet putters and I had a try out with a friend's O-works 7S and old Jailbird last spring. The new AI models are intriguing.

2024 WITB:

:ping-small: G430 LST 9* w. Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60X

:titleist-small:TSR2 15* w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

:taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

:titleist-small:TSR2 21* 7-wood w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

:taylormade-small: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

:taylormade-small: 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW

:vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter- :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix ;  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

8 minutes ago, aguybadatgolf said:

Follow up to my post the other day about getting to golf again post ACL surgery. Met with the surgeon today for my 12 week follow up. Fully cleared to golf including full swings with the driver. I went straight to PGAASS to take a couple swings with the big stick. First one was a beautiful baby draw at 298 yards. Just a nice smooth swing nothing crazy and was very happily surprised. Wish I could say the rest of my swings were that nice 😂. Still can’t complain I can play golf again and hit the big stick. 

Not bad... I see a name change for you in the future.  😃

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”