Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

6 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

What else am I missing?

Need something to keep the spouses/significant others busy/not complaining. Which in the case of my GF would probably be a gym, a pool and a tanning bed.

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

That's what the spa is for? Okay we can also open up a theatre, mini mall, dog park and whatever else.

I guess I missed the sauna, etc., line the first time. We have a saying where I grew up, "if Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." Gotta make sure they stay happy.

Fit For Golf tester 2024

5 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

Good morning fellow MGS’ers! Getting ready to start Monday off on the right foot. Better than yesterday as my ear is no longer plugged following a trip to the walk-in clinic yesterday AND I had an article published on the MGS main site! I would appreciate it if you’d give it a read and maybe leave a comment, let me know what you think! 

https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/golf-fitness-add-mobility-to-improve-your-swing/

Great article @Jnoble89. Been looking for something low impact to this old body...

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

1 hour ago, ILMgolfnut said:

@Michael.Sandoval33 have you established the handicap yet?

Unfortunately, SwingU, 18Birdies and the likes do not recognize the courses I have played as able to be handicapped which may be changing as @Rob Person posted and article that the USGA is beginning to rate/slope smaller courses to be used in calculating a handicap. So no real number right now. Just going to continue to practice and hopefully will never even need to look at these old scores except to look at my progress. Hope all is well with you @ILMgolfnut and thanks for asking!

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

5 hours ago, snoopy79 said:

Mainly because I really don't care to see another camera pointing at Taylor Swift during a football game. 🙄

Facebook is full of memes today gleefully pointing out that Swift will make it to the Super Bowl before either Dak Prescott or Lamar Jackson. And CBS and the NFL are no doubt thrilled that KC is there because the Swifties who otherwise don't care about football will inflate their already-ridiculous viewership of the Super Bowl. Or, as I like to refer to it, the Superb Owl.

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Fit For Golf tester 2024

25 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

the USGA is beginning to rate/slope smaller courses to be used in calculating a handicap.

Yes that is correct. The plan is to rate/slope any 9-holer of more than 750 yards or 18-holers of 1500+ yards, which is virtually all of them. Also, rounds that you don't complete because of weather, injury or darkness (or if a match-play match ends prior to 18) can also be posted if you play between 10-17 holes. That applied to two rounds I played in Scotland. At Cruden Bay, I stopped after 11 holes because of back pain, and at Shiskine, which is an awesome 12-hole course, I played, well, 12 holes. I could only post the front nine in both cases. Now I could post all 11 or 12 (using hole by hole obviously), with the "remaining" 6-7 holes scored by expected ability.

Fit For Golf tester 2024