Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×

2023 MGS Forum: Cobra 50th Anniversary Special!

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Follow the TESTING POST links to go straight to the testers introductions, unboxings and final reviews!

Testing King Tour CB MB
@chisagTESTING POST - Page 11

@Tom the Golf NutTESTING POST - Page 12

Testing Forged Tec & Forged Tec X
@sirchunksalotTESTING POST - Page 12

@CFreddieTESTING POST - Page 12

Testing AeroJet Irons
@Jnoble89TESTING POST - Page 12

@JerryBTESTING POST - Page 12

CONGRATULATIONS TO TEAM 1!  Sam, Chris, and Jason are this year's Cobra Member Special Champions!

image.png

Which team is going win the Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which team is going to win the Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special?

• Team 1: chisag, CFreddie, and Jnoble89
    • Team 2: Tom the Golf Nut, sirchunksalot, and JerryB

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/2023 at 03:59 AM

1 hour ago, ZMendle10 said:

It's so great having someone hyping you up during a fit. I had a similar experience with Titleist in the fall where my brother and I went to a demo day for the TSR and after his fit he watched mine and hearing him and the fitter get excited every solid strike was so much fun. My brother knows his way around a trackman so at one point he just said wait until you hit actual golf balls and not range balls because it's not gonna get much better than this. 

It was a really great experience and having him and the fitter both clearly excited for good shots was the icing on the cake. 

I'm definitely excited to hit my Prov1's instead of the range balls too. I was honestly blown away with the ball flight that the Aerojet 7i was giving me. The driver was hot too on good strikes, I just kept sweeping across the ball too much and was slicing/hard fading too many. The ones that I got the face square on were just gone, though. I do LOVE my TSi3, so hopefully I can get into a better strike pattern over the course of the challenge and then through the season so I can compare them with good data side by side. I think it'll be really interesting to compare the Aerojet Max driver to my TSi3 as the Max is the draw biased, more forgiving model for Cobra and TSi3 is the more players type head for that line of drivers. 

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X (Currently Testing)

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

6 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Kinda off topic but they tell me the weather got really nasty after I talked to you on the phone. I do not know I went back to bed as I usually do in bad weather. It partially tore a roof off a house south of me. In Surfside it tore up the old Oak tree in front of the Methodist Church. But believe it or not after all the rain they were riding the fairways at Indigo yesterday morning

It rained pretty hard but once it stopped the winds got really bad for a couple hours. Then the rain came again for another hour with high winds. Around 2:00 the sun came out but there was flooding everywhere. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

3 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

I'm definitely excited to hit my Prov1's instead of the range balls too. I was honestly blown away with the ball flight that the Aerojet 7i was giving me. The driver was hot too on good strikes, I just kept sweeping across the ball too much and was slicing/hard fading too many. The ones that I got the face square on were just gone, though. I do LOVE my TSi3, so hopefully I can get into a better strike pattern over the course of the challenge and then through the season so I can compare them with good data side by side. I think it'll be really interesting to compare the Aerojet Max driver to my TSi3 as the Max is the draw biased, more forgiving model for Cobra and TSi3 is the more players type head for that line of drivers. 

It's gonna be a fun comparison for sure and the ball speed jump going from range balls to Pro V1's is always a fun thing to see. 

Driver:   TSR3 8°, set to B1, Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 6TX 

3 Wood: SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid:  CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 9X

2 Utility:  ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°:  TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60°  TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  Mezz1 Max

Ball:  Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

Currently Testing

Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

Unofficial TSR3 Review

2 hours ago, ZMendle10 said:

It's gonna be a fun comparison for sure and the ball speed jump going from range balls to Pro V1's is always a fun thing to see. 

This is something I'm looking forward to seeing, I don't play the Pro V1 but I do play the MaxFli Tour and am going to be interested in seeing how much different they perform. 

I was also happy that my fitting took place on a grass range, mats give you too many good results on bad shots. 

42 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

This is something I'm looking forward to seeing, I don't play the Pro V1 but I do play the MaxFli Tour and am going to be interested in seeing how much different they perform. 

I was also happy that my fitting took place on a grass range, mats give you too many good results on bad shots. 

YES! Same here, Jason. I was so pumped to be able to do the fit on a grass range. Getting a feel for the turf interaction was so nice, especially the wedges. I know you didn't get to hit the snakebites, but I'm telling you right now you're gonna love them.

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X (Currently Testing)

#LeftyGang

42 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Right there with you my colloquial southern accented friend! Picked up a Cube this weekend and ready for the Cobra Challenge in tee minus ???

CCMaxfliCube.JPG.619154db38ac2726de21dfded280f143.JPG

How are you liking the 2023 model? 

I'm going to have to pick some up soon. 

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

Now you guys are making me want to give them a whirl....buuuuut I've still got about 3 doz. ProVs to use up first 🤣

#LeftyGang

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

Same here - I’m def leaning towards trying out those new MFs. 

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

4 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Now you guys are making me want to give them a whirl....buuuuut I've still got about 3 doz. ProVs to use up first 🤣

4 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

Same here - I’m def leaning towards trying out those new MFs. 

I mean, they're $120 for 4 dozen, that's a great price for such a good ball. Also, 3/6 Cobra Testers already use them. 

No pressure, guys.

2 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I mean, they're $120 for 4 dozen, that's a great price for such a good ball. Also, 3/6 Cobra Testers already use them. 

No pressure, guys.

Sold!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

8 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

No pressure, guys.

Jason, you should know that I easily give in to peer pressure....got me into some late nights and rough mornings in college....don't tempt me like this!!! 🤣

#LeftyGang

9 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

No pressure, guys.

this is why i got last years z star xv from DSG with a $20 off coupon. same price. However, I have lost a lot lately and may need to stock up sooner than later 😛 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :kbs: TD Cat 4 70g (back up :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" )

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with :kbs: PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter::L.A.B.:Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  :Snell: Prime 4.0

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

Glove: :redrooster:

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

4/6 Cobra Testers.

Well, they are ordered. Should arrive next week 🤪

#LeftyGang

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Right there with you my colloquial southern accented friend! Picked up a Cube this weekend and ready for the Cobra Challenge in tee minus ???

CCMaxfliCube.JPG.619154db38ac2726de21dfded280f143.JPG

That more than likely will be the ball I go to when I exhaust my current stash of Srixons. I am going through a few balls now playing 4 and 5 days a week. Not really loosing that many but our course beats them up. I have found and hit some of those Maxflis and am pretty impressed with them

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

9 minutes ago, JerryB said:

😲 Am I really the only one playing found Slazengers??

You’re the only one on MgS never mind cobra challenge!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

2 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

I know you didn't get to hit the snakebites, but I'm telling you right now you're gonna love them

I have a feeling that you will be right on that account. I love new wedges, there's just something about watching the ball hit, skip, and stop. If I were to point out one negative aspect of my fitting, not carrying the Snakebite wedges would be it. I completely understand, most people are going to go with Vokey, Callaway, Cleveland, or TM.

I took a small clip from my fitting to let you all get an idea of how the Forged Tec X irons sound. I wanted to throw in a driver swing, but I had to send the video from my wife's phone to mine and the quality looks like an old tube TV with a bad antenna and when I put it into my video editor, sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher. 

Pay no attention to the bad looking swing.

30 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I took a small clip from my fitting to let you all get an idea of how the Forged Tec X irons sound. I wanted to throw in a driver swing, but I had to send the video from my wife's phone to mine and the quality looks like an old tube TV with a bad antenna and when I put it into my video editor, sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher. 

That sounded CRISP! I just kept watching it over and over and over. I can’t wait to see more of this stuff!

Also, not sure if y’all are rocking iOS or Android, but sometimes the video degradation comes from sending between the two via text message. You may try sending it to your phone through FB messenger (if applicable of course), I’ve had to do this a few times. 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

4 minutes ago, TSauer said:

That sounded CRISP! I just kept watching it over and over and over. I can’t wait to see more of this stuff!

Also, not sure if y’all are rocking iOS or Android, but sometimes the video degradation comes from sending between the two via text message. You may try sending it to your phone through FB messenger (if applicable of course), I’ve had to do this a few times. 

I didn't think about messenger! I'm using Android and did use the messenger app for the video. I'll have to give it a try, I just want some higher quality video so I can keep listening to the fitters advice. Thank you!

58 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Crispy!!!! Love it, Jason!

#LeftyGang

17 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Crispy!!!! Love it, Jason!

I'm glad my wife took the video, I was so focused on results and making good shots that I couldn't remember how good the X's sounded. I only remotely remembered the sound of the drivers, too. I hope your Aerojet's  sound as good as these. 

I'm glad my wife took the video, I was so focused on results and making good shots that I couldn't remember how good the X's sounded. I only remotely remembered the sound of the drivers, too. I hope your Aerojet's  sound as good as these. 

They definitely sounded good! The feel on pure strikes was crazy, and the ball was just smoking hot off the face. The driver was louder than I am used to and admittedly the TSi3 sounds so good that the Cobra will have its hands full in that department. I do think that with where my swing is currently, though, I’m going to hit the Max better. Those clubs cannot come soon enough haha

#LeftyGang

4 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

... I had planned on some ball to ball testing but never had a chance. Phoenix courses are so busy in winter I really never got an opportunity to play 2 balls. But as far as I can tell, the 23's feel a hair firmer (which I like) and performance has been very, very similar for me. I didn't care for the alignment lines on the previous ball so I also like the cleaner look of these and I think the cover may be a little more durable as well. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x 

You guys should also consider the OnCore Vero X1 golf ball! Very impressed with the ball and performance is excellent! 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Getting super excited to see everyone's new full bags!!! Talk about the window shopping that starts in this test and others so far

WITB - :taylormade-small:Dr: Taylor Made SIM2 Tensei AV blue; :callaway-logo-1:3W, 4H, 5H: Callaway Strata Ultimate; 6-9i: Callaway Strata Ultimate; PW: Callaway JAWS MD5 46deg W grind, 12deg bounce; AW: Callaway JAWS MD5 52 deg W grind, 12deg bounce; SW: Callaway JAWS MD5 56 deg S grind, 12deg bounce; LW: Callaway JAWS MD5 60deg W grind, 12 deg bounce; Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 1 blade :odyssey-small:Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft X