What Have You Built Recently?

58 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Not holding my breath. Looks great but hybrids and I have not been friends over the years 

Same dude, same! I'd much rather hit my 2 iron or a utility iron than a hybrid any day!

Scott J

PXG Driver, AP2 irons, Cleveland wedges and Odyssey white ice 2.0

2 minutes ago, injectedcutty said:

Same dude, same! I'd much rather hit my 2 iron or a utility iron than a hybrid any day!

Goal is for this to be that inbetween 7 wood and 3 wood. It's that or so Frankenwood my Cobra after the GT2 gets here.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

3 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

These turned out good!

Thanks, they feel more like an art project than club building, which I may be doing a lot more of in the near future seeing as I just slipped a disc in my back and won't be swinging a club for a while... 😑

Driver: TaylorMade M5 / Callaway Epic Sub-Zero / Callaway Epic Flash 

3W: Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5º (2015)

5W: Adams Tight Lies 19º (2014) 

Irons: Adams CB1 4 - GW / Adams CMB 4 - GW / Adams CB2 5 - GW 

Hybrid: Adams V4 4 iron

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56º / Burke Golf TF01 60º 

Putter(s): Odyssey Ai-ONE 2-Ball® / Ping Candence TR Tomcat C

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Not holding my breath. Looks great but hybrids and I have not been friends over the years 

Wishing you all the best with the new club. I love hybrids, as I already have three in my bag.

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

Back with another episode of Putter Mods. On the panel this week, we have an exceedingly rare Bobby Grace Megiddo w/ Smart Fit face. Recently made even more so, thanks to the 2.5” aluminum slant neck that I installed in place of the prior face balanced double bend shaft. The bucket receiver on the updated hosel also offered the latitude to install a graphite shaft. Decided to chuck in a used Matrix Ozik Program 130 7.0 that I had in the pull stash. It’s heavy, super stable w/ 1.3 degree of torque and IMO looks pretty dope in bright white. Air installed another NOS blue Pure Big Dog grip to finish it off.

44359366-3C6D-4740-A671-78E7AA614754.jpeg.5d5c38a6d784d6b59692f606aca54553.jpeg

In the former face balanced arrangement, with my tendencies, I had to fight it being too closed at impact. With the bolt on Smart Fit face module, it was also actually onset a bit and occasionaly skipped into the ball. Despite loving the overall look, finish and tech offered in this little mallet, it was relegated to wall hanger status for a few years. But now it has ~30 degrees of toe hang, flows really nice, is punchy AF, feels amazing off the face and sends arrows. Another paperweight putter transformed by a neck mod. How does the fam think this one turned out?

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

9 hours ago, downlowkey said:

Back with another episode of Putter Mods. On the panel this week, we have an exceedingly rare Bobby Grace Megiddo w/ Smart Fit face. Recently made even more so, thanks to the 2.5” aluminum slant neck that I installed in place of the prior face balanced double bend shaft. The bucket receiver on the updated hosel also offered the latitude to install a graphite shaft. Decided to chuck in a used Matrix Ozik Program 130 7.0 that I had in the pull stash. It’s heavy, super stable w/ 1.3 degree of torque and IMO looks pretty dope in bright white. Air installed another NOS blue Pure Big Dog grip to finish it off.

44359366-3C6D-4740-A671-78E7AA614754.jpeg.5d5c38a6d784d6b59692f606aca54553.jpeg

In the former face balanced arrangement, with my tendencies, I had to fight it being too closed at impact. With the bolt on Smart Fit face module, it was also actually onset a bit and occasionaly skipped into the ball. Despite loving the overall look, finish and tech offered in this little mallet, it was relegated to wall hanger status for a few years. But now it has ~30 degrees of toe hang, flows really nice, is punchy AF, feels amazing off the face and sends arrows. Another paperweight putter transformed by a neck mod. How does the fam think this one turned out?

I can see why it was a wall hanger!  Looks awesome.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

On 7/29/2024 at 1:54 PM, RaRa Golf said:

Finally got the Cleveland wedge set done. 

I do need to paint fill still, but I'm not sure what colour to do yet, I'm thinking just a deep Black, but I want to stew on it for a bit.

I love how they turned out, they remind me of a WW2 bomber with the gold green combo on the shafts, and the oil can finish of the heads.

Not bad considering they came in a $10 pile of clubs. 

The only money I sank into them was $20 for the shrink tubing and $19 for the ferrules. 

They've come a long way from where they were.

DAY 1:

image.png.62c94a5dc0b49b8b42116a323a51e5a4.png 

PROGRESS:

image.png.c6f233180224a9b4455f9864aa892d20.png

image.png.a7bb14bf706c1d979793e6c79cfdb6dd.png

image.png.919bef7505fb76399de4462007e367f7.png

FINISHED:

image.png.f21245badee4e99a90d88acd114c0542.png

image.png.03e87694024161339dfecfd149ce3222.png

image.png.1518a23280295353fb22d63fdde2ba3a.png

image.png.d78527c98c836047ca5f54657c3fc678.png

These came out real slick. Curious how you got the dark stain as I found a really rusted rtx tour rack wedge at the course no one claimed and I would like to try this tech. So far I remoed the rust and its nice and raw and clean 

Edited by KOG

Driver : Yamaha RMX 220 9.5 With Diamana ZF50 Stiff

3 Wood : Exotics C721 16.5* With Tensei Blue 60 stiff

7 Wood: Yamaha RMX VD 21* with Diamana Whiteboard 60 Stiff

Hybrid : Exotics C721 5 Hybrid with KBS Hy 75 stiff

Utility Iron/ 5 iron: Srixon ZX 23* w MMT 85 stiff

6-pw Matlby TS3 w MMT 85 stiff

50*, 54* Mack Daddy 4 black w Modus 120 stiff

58*  Mack Daddy 3 PM Grind w Modus 120 stiff

Putter: Ben Hogan BHB03 W UST Freq Filtered shaft

Revelation CEO Cart Bag

6 hours ago, KOG said:

These came out real slick. Curious how you got the dark stain as I found a really rusted rtx tour rack wedge at the course no one claimed and I would like to try this tech. So far I remoed the rust and its nice and raw and clean 

Thanks, appreciate it. 

I just heated the heads with a propane torch. 

They started to turn a bronzy gold colour at first, then quickly started to turn a dark metallic blue.

I pulled the heat from the 60º a little sooner than the other 2, and it has more of that gold finish.

You can play around with how long you heat them, but once they start turning there's no going back. 

@RaRa Golf. Those came out great!  Are they metal ferrules?

@GolfSpy_APH. Good luck with the hybrid!

@Chaplain Brad Dunlop are you buying direct from Dunlop and building them out per each customers specs?  I like the faces cross hatching.

@KOG. Nicely done!  Has using the different shaft improved the way the putter handles on the green?

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

As soon as things settle down, I'm going to start messing with the PalJoey thriftstore irons.

Once done, I will test them out. I may leave them as is and sell them for cheap. 

I'm leary about pulling 20+ year old graphite shafts, as heating the heads may damage the shafts.   Any guidance is helpful.

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

3 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Thanks. Yeah they are aluminum. 

8 hours ago, Rob Person said:

As soon as things settle down, I'm going to start messing with the PalJoey thriftstore irons.

Once done, I will test them out. I may leave them as is and sell them for cheap. 

I'm leary about pulling 20+ year old graphite shafts, as heating the heads may damage the shafts.   Any guidance is helpful.

There are different schools of thought on the best graphite pulling technique. Unless it’s a head that’s painted (woods/hybrids), I prefer to use a torch.

The hosel has to reach a certain temperature to break the epoxy bond. I personally believe, the faster you can heat it, the better. The longer you apply heat to the hosel, the more time that energy has to begin heating and damaging the shaft tip, due to thermal conductivity. Using a torch is defintely the fastest method (we’re talking like ~15 seconds) but the caveat is that it also doesn’t take very long to over do it. You also need a steady hand, because you should keep the flame constantly moving to heat the hosel evenly and graphite doesn’t like direct pressurized torch flames at all. They make a heat resistant gel you can smear on the shaft but I’m just careful with my torch and haven’t had any accidents of that sort.

Unless you have some sort of shaft puller setup, I wouldn’t recommend either heat method because it’s easy to screw up graphite with even a little twist on a hand pull. If you do have a puller, pretension it before you apply heat and the head should budge as soon as the epoxy bond breaks, which decreases the likelihood that you unintentionally overheat the hosel. I’ve never tried to pull 20 yr old graphite, so I’m not sure what you’re up against there re: potential delamination.

If you want to keep your cheap flip option open, I probably wouldn’t recommend attempting pulls, because replacement shaft costs add up quickly.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

3 hours ago, downlowkey said:

There are different schools of thought on the best graphite pulling technique. Unless it’s a head that’s painted (woods/hybrids), I prefer to use a torch.

The hosel has to reach a certain temperature to break the epoxy bond. I personally believe, the faster you can heat it, the better. The longer you apply heat to the hosel, the more time that energy has to begin heating and damaging the shaft tip, due to thermal conductivity. Using a torch is defintely the fastest method (we’re talking like ~15 seconds) but the caveat is that it also doesn’t take very long to over do it. You also need a steady hand, because you should keep the flame constantly moving to heat the hosel evenly and graphite doesn’t like direct pressurized torch flames at all. They make a heat resistant gel you can smear on the shaft but I’m just careful with my torch and haven’t had any accidents of that sort.

Unless you have some sort of shaft puller setup, I wouldn’t recommend either heat method because it’s easy to screw up graphite with even a little twist on a hand pull. If you do have a puller, pretension it before you apply heat and the head should budge as soon as the epoxy bond breaks, which decreases the likelihood that you unintentionally overheat the hosel. I’ve never tried to pull 20 yr old graphite, so I’m not sure what you’re up against there re: potential delamination.

If you want to keep your cheap flip option open, I probably wouldn’t recommend attempting pulls, because replacement shaft costs add up quickly.

Thank you!  I don't have a puller, but thinking of making a tapered clamping vice tube possibly.  I'm probably not going to mess with these that way though 

WITB-

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

Thank you!  I don't have a puller, but thinking of making a tapered clamping vice tube possibly.  I'm probably not going to mess with these that way though 

This has been a great tool and you can use it on any counter

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125730940137

14 hours ago, Rob Person said:

@KOG. Nicely done!  Has using the different shaft improved the way the putter handles on the green?

Ill give you the long reply I gave in a different thread, but TLDR, it helps on long puts most but not a huge improvment from a typical putter shaft. It may be more useful with a blade compared to a high moi mallet which is already resistant to twisting.

On 7/26/2024 at 10:19 AM, ZackS said:

I have been toying with the idea of the stability but since I have been putting well it's hard to justify other then my. own curiosity. When you say a bit less feel. Do you think this is just because it's stiffer/less torque or because there is less vibration? I would think both would make mishits less noticeable but I guess that comes with making the mishits better as well. 

On 7/26/2024 at 4:45 PM, KOG said:

Yes, the whole top of the stabilty shaft is like solid graphite and thick with 1 degree of torque and this all aluminum milled face putter was so soft to begin with, it hard to tell when you hit it off center. In theory less torque would lead to more feedback because the face is twisting less in impact  and the energy goes up the shaft. Not so with the BGT as the graphite is also a vibration damper.  I def had more feedback using the stock stepless shaft. I didnt notice it with the cleveland head which was a typical milled steel. So, if your putter face is very soft or like a white hot insert and youre a feel putter, may not be worth it. If you have a milled face scotty or Bettinardi, I can see it being a better fit or pairing, In fact if youre paying over $100, its just not worth it at all IMO. It is the tour model so its lighter than a steel shaft as well as their original model. So I also like the weighting less.

I have no idea how theyre getting away with the $200-375 I see them selling for. Speaking of Idea, these BGT shafts were invented by Barney Adams of original Adams golf fame and I am an adams fan so I like that. But If I didnt pay under 80 shipped for this shaft and new putter head, I wouldnt really reccomend it. I played 18 just this morning and while I played well, my putting was the poorest aspect and this is an incredibly forgiving mallet design so I dont know where the credit goes. Actually I do and its not the BGT cus I putted better without it, but lets give it more than 2 outings. As of now, I have the BGT and the UST frequency filtered on 2 putters and neither do anything noticably better than a regular shaft with a 50g counterweight that I typically install. Id have no problem selling it and putting an apollo stepless or KBS CT on it as it stands. See if you can demo it. What works for me may not for you however and I do seem to be slightly more consistant regarding squareness but having a harder time figuring out distance. I think I need a few more outings before I decide.

Reply from more experienced user:

I think the feel aspect is shaft related.   I have tried a bunch of the graphite putter shafts and the one have on order is low torque, stiff, but I could tell where I was hitting the face.  Off Center provides tactile and audible feedback so the shaft doesn't completely eliminate.  

I agree. But I see you have a Sacks Parente. I have used their blade model with the ultra light low torque graphite shaft and there was no lack of feedback there. One of the best feeling putters Ive used. I think its a head/shaft combo in my case as I am usually a blade putter and this is the first time Im using a mallet, a very soft mallet. but I may be able to adapt. Ill give it some more time. This is not a dramatic change as its a putter shaft and the tour has a similar balance point to a typical steel putter shaft. I can always remove the shaft by the head and try a typical steel both just to see if its placebo

Reply from more experienced user:

I wasn't referring to the shaft in my Sacks Parente.   I have tried the Accra, TPT, BGT, UST, PXG, Kinetixx, KBS, LA Golf, and VA Composite graphite shafts.  They each have different feels.  I guess it depends on what you call "dramatic change";  on Puttlab, there were noticeable differences but  you couldn't necessarily feel the difference.   Usually when people post performance differences they are  very close and they come when looking at longer putts.  That makes sense and I was more accurate on long putts which would make sense as thats where the torque would come into play most. Thanks for clarifying. 

That makes sense and I was more accurate on long putts which would make sense as thats where the torque would come into play most. Thanks for clarifying. 

To be honest, I will likely sell it as I preferr the cleveland and my blades I can probably make a bit of profit.

Edited by KOG

Driver : Yamaha RMX 220 9.5 With Diamana ZF50 Stiff

3 Wood : Exotics C721 16.5* With Tensei Blue 60 stiff

7 Wood: Yamaha RMX VD 21* with Diamana Whiteboard 60 Stiff

Hybrid : Exotics C721 5 Hybrid with KBS Hy 75 stiff

Utility Iron/ 5 iron: Srixon ZX 23* w MMT 85 stiff

6-pw Matlby TS3 w MMT 85 stiff

50*, 54* Mack Daddy 4 black w Modus 120 stiff

58*  Mack Daddy 3 PM Grind w Modus 120 stiff

Putter: Ben Hogan BHB03 W UST Freq Filtered shaft

Revelation CEO Cart Bag

Posted in wrong area. 

Edited by MissionMan

GT2 10° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 60  
GT2 16.5° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 70
TSR2 18° HZRDUS Black 6.0 4G 
2 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
4 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
T150 5- PW (44) Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff
Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Grip Master Tour Wrap Grips
Garmin Z30

On 8/4/2024 at 8:21 AM, Rob Person said:

@GolfSpy_APH. Good luck with the hybrid!

@Chaplain Brad Dunlop are you buying direct from Dunlop and building them out per each customers specs?  I like the faces cross hatching.

No ROB,   These are my personal Designs, and I have had them forged at a private foundry.  They are called  DUNLOPS ALPHA MALE Wedges,  as in my name LOL.  We are only a tiny rural non-profit that makes clubs for people that can't afford the play golf normally.     ...  Sorry someone decided that our micro-non-profit must be doing something awful, because MyGolfSpy took down the photos  LOL.  Now THAT is funny ...  because non of our volunteers get paid. LOL.  See what happens when the little guy tries to help,  BIG BRANDs waive their magic wand  and pictures disappear  LOL.  I think it's hilarious, but I won't apologize for helping new people get involved in our sport.  My region of rural Canada has lost 1/3rd of our golf courses in the past few years, and participation is WAY DOWN overall.   There are empty courses with zero wait for tee times.

BradDunlops-Wedges.jpg

BradDunlops-WedgesBack.jpg

BradDunlops-WedgesFace.jpg

9 hours ago, Chaplain Brad Dunlop said:

Sorry someone decided that our micro-non-profit must be doing something awful, because MyGolfSpy took down the photos  

I don't think your photos were taken down,  I looked at your prior post and it looks like you posted them on a site outside of the forum and they are no longer available and won't load because that site is preventing access to the photos.  I tried to display the "missing" images and it tells me the site can't be loaded.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I shortened my daughters putter and changed the grip.

She comes golfing with me and my wife sometimes, and will hit drives and putts, but her clubs are still a little too big.

She's 3, and they're meant for like 5-6 years of age.

I tried to save the putter grip, but the moment I put a little pressure with my removal tool, it split the rubber, so I used one of my old midsized grips as a replacement. I have a skinny Odyssey pistol grip, but she wanted this one.

The inner diameter of the grip was way too big, so I had to use masking tape to build up the outer diameter of the shaft to fill the space. 

I also wrapped the shaft with green heat shrink tubing to increase the diameter (also for looks), and added one of my left over aluminum ferrules.

It came out great, and fits her like a glove. It's roughly 21" from the ground when in playing position, and that gives her enough room to choke down on the grip if she wants to. 

image.png.bfa25bc2cacea9f50b037d10c4b3e1f6.png 

image.png.a22d20580361da0639995f8ef2a10ad1.png

image.png.e07ad1cdece229c6485feac4aad692cc.png

Edited by RaRa Golf

24 minutes ago, RaRa Golf said:

I shortened my daughters putter and changed the grip.

She comes golfing with me and my wife sometimes, and will hit drives and putts, but her clubs are still a little too big.

She's 3, and they're meant for like 5-6 years of age.

I tried to save the putter grip, but the moment I put a little pressure with my removal tool, it split the rubber, so I used one of my old midsized grips as a replacement. I have a skinny Odyssey piston grip, but she wanted this one.

The inner diameter of the grip was way too big, so I had to use masking tape to build up the outer diameter of the shaft to fill the space. 

I also wrapped the shaft with green heat shrink tubing to increase the diameter (also for looks), and added one of my left over aluminum ferrules.

It came out great, and fits her like a glove. It's roughly 21" from the ground when in playing position, and that gives her enough room to choke down on the grip if she wants to. 

image.png.bfa25bc2cacea9f50b037d10c4b3e1f6.png 

image.png.a22d20580361da0639995f8ef2a10ad1.png

image.png.e07ad1cdece229c6485feac4aad692cc.png

Looks great!!

WITB-

On 8/9/2024 at 11:11 PM, Chaplain Brad Dunlop said:

No ROB,   These are my personal Designs, and I have had them forged at a private foundry.  They are called  DUNLOPS ALPHA MALE Wedges,  as in my name LOL.  We are only a tiny rural non-profit that makes clubs for people that can't afford the play golf normally.     ...  Sorry someone decided that our micro-non-profit must be doing something awful, because MyGolfSpy took down the photos  LOL.  Now THAT is funny ...  because non of our volunteers get paid. LOL.  See what happens when the little guy tries to help,  BIG BRANDs waive their magic wand  and pictures disappear  LOL.  I think it's hilarious, but I won't apologize for helping new people get involved in our sport.  My region of rural Canada has lost 1/3rd of our golf courses in the past few years, and participation is WAY DOWN overall.   There are empty courses with zero wait for tee times.

BradDunlops-Wedges.jpg

BradDunlops-WedgesBack.jpg

BradDunlops-WedgesFace.jpg

Nice Job, How much would you charge to buy a couple heads from your non-profit?

I need a new set and have some shafts hanging out doing nothing.

Maybe a 52 and 56 both with 8 to 10* bounce

Edited by buckpillar

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

On 8/4/2024 at 8:26 AM, Rob Person said:

@Rob PersonAlways use a shaft puller if you are going to try and save the shafts, but still need light heat to help the process

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

25 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

@Rob PersonAlways use a shaft puller if you are going to try and save the shafts, but still need light heat to help the process

All I have is the club vice rubber grip thing, a welding glove, and a plumbers torch.  So probably going to leave them be.

WITB-

This:

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip

So I have to say, I LOVE my new position. My company is hosting a employee appreciation outing coming up in a few weeks and my bosses got wind that I like to build clubs. Let's just say, the hole prizes are going to be legit! Just sources all the heads, shafts and adapters. Final build will be later on this week. Super excited for this! 

image.png.2dd1ca626cf68c96b496360246e1e402.png

D-Titleist TSR2 w Mitsubishi Tensei 50g Stiff 

5w-Titleist TSI w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 65g Stiff

HYB-Titleist TSi 21* w/ Mitsubishi Diamana 65g Stiff

Irons-4-PW Toura Golf JCB Japan Forged CB w/ TrueTemper S100 

Wedges - Cleveland RTX ZipCore 52/10 56/12 60/8 w/ TrueTemper T100

Putter - Scotty Cameron GoLo S

Ball - Titleist AVX 

2 minutes ago, JRDuck40 said:

So I have to say, I LOVE my new position. My company is hosting an employee appreciation outing coming up in a few weeks and my bosses got wind that I like to build clubs. Let's just say, the hole prizes are going to be legit! Just sources all the heads, shafts and adapters. Final build will be later on this week. Super excited for this! 

image.png.2dd1ca626cf68c96b496360246e1e402.png

This is super awesome!  Looking forward to seeing the final builds even though I have no shot at them!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

This is super awesome!  Looking forward to seeing the final builds even though I have no shot at them!

It is amazing how much cheaper you can build a new driver than buying it off the rack. Just need to be patient on sourcing it. I've found that eBay is great. Was able to snag the Ping for just over $240 shipped. The AI and QI heads were around $375. Adapters all around $10 shipped. Shafts, I typically source uncut from Dallas Golf Co via eBay with free shipping. I have a ton of new grips lying around. Any other components, grip tape, epoxy, etc.. I have in house already. Only real big PITA was finding the headcovers. But it wasn't all too horrible. Just not a fan of needing to purchase by itself. All in all, I'm making each club for $460-$475 for the Callaway / TM, $300 for the Ping. 

Can't wait to see how they turn out. 

D-Titleist TSR2 w Mitsubishi Tensei 50g Stiff 

5w-Titleist TSI w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 65g Stiff

HYB-Titleist TSi 21* w/ Mitsubishi Diamana 65g Stiff

Irons-4-PW Toura Golf JCB Japan Forged CB w/ TrueTemper S100 

Wedges - Cleveland RTX ZipCore 52/10 56/12 60/8 w/ TrueTemper T100

Putter - Scotty Cameron GoLo S

Ball - Titleist AVX 

2 hours ago, JRDuck40 said:

It is amazing how much cheaper you can build a new driver than buying it off the rack. Just need to be patient on sourcing it. I've found that eBay is great. Was able to snag the Ping for just over $240 shipped. The AI and QI heads were around $375. Adapters all around $10 shipped. Shafts, I typically source uncut from Dallas Golf Co via eBay with free shipping. I have a ton of new grips lying around. Any other components, grip tape, epoxy, etc.. I have in house already. Only real big PITA was finding the headcovers. But it wasn't all too horrible. Just not a fan of needing to purchase by itself. All in all, I'm making each club for $460-$475 for the Callaway / TM, $300 for the Ping. 

Can't wait to see how they turn out. 

though I believe it is cheaper to build your own clubs, I just cant get past the fact of buying a driver head on ebay and not think its fake.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.