Tour AD VF vs Ventus Black OG

Been having back issues so my swing speed is down a bit. Very intrigued by the new tour ad vf driver shaft in 5x.  

I currently game the og ventus black 6x and was wondering if anyone has compared the two shafts?   
thanks. 

WITB

Video below attempts to explain the differences, although not in the weight or flex you mentioned.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

11 hours ago, rkj427 said:

Video below attempts to explain the differences, although not in the weight or flex you mentioned.

Thanks I have seen that but wanted to get some more opinions. 

WITB

Update: I have ordered the 5X irresponsibly and will do some comparisons for everyone on the gc3.  Stay tuned.. 📺

WITB

1 hour ago, TG8 said:

Thanks I have seen that but wanted to get some more opinions. 

It’s not a comparison that will have much input on this forum. Many aren’t buying GD shafts and many aren’t swinging a ventus black especially in 65g X

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I love how GD will make a mint just because Tiger plays a VF. Probably doesn’t work for most Ams but that won’t make a difference.   I do think it looks pretty cool…. I foresee major VF shaft shortages world wide. 

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  5 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current MCC Plus 4 Sensor / Club Sensor User

17 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It’s not a comparison that will have much input on this forum. Many aren’t buying GD shafts and many aren’t swinging a ventus black especially in 65g X

I was fitted for the ventus 6x a couple years ago but a back injury has me wanting to tame my swing down. Im sure there are a few in here that might be interested in the comparison 

WITB

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

I love how GD will make a mint just because Tiger plays a VF. Probably doesn’t work for most Ams but that won’t make a difference.   I do think it looks pretty cool…. I foresee major VF shaft shortages world wide. 

Not a guy to play something because of tiger. Even tho it is cool looking.
 I just need a more tame ventus black since the back is hurting.  The vf is a little lighter also. 
i will add I hated the ventus blue. Just seemed like I couldnt hit the center of the face with it. 

Edited by TG8

WITB

1 minute ago, TG8 said:

I was fitted for the ventus 6x a couple years ago but a back injury has me wanting to tame my swing down. Im sure there are a few in here that might be interested in the comparison 

I’m not saying they aren’t interested. I’m saying there’s not many that can give an opinion. There isn’t a lot of members who are playing any GD or ventus aftermarket shafts. The number that are using a black profile in X stiff is also pretty small. 

So it will be hard to get other opinions on these two shafts

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 minute ago, TG8 said:

Not a guy to play something because of tiger. Even tho it is cool looking.
 I just need a more tame ventus black since the back is hurting.  The vf is a little lighter also. 

I have not seen anything from GD saying why Tiger switched to their shaft. JT doesn’t have back issues so not sure he switched to it for more than performance issues.  
I personally find trying shafts to figure out non performance issues is tricky.  In the end you have to just buy it and see if it works for you. Would love to hear from you how the VF works out. 

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

18 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

I have not seen anything from GD saying why Tiger switched to their shaft. JT doesn’t have back issues so not sure he switched to it for more than performance issues.  
I personally find trying shafts to figure out non performance issues is tricky.  In the end you have to just buy it and see if it works for you. Would love to hear from you how the VF works out. 

The shaft is ordered and should be here middle of next week if all goes well I will post some data on my comparison. It is cold in Missouri so tinkering is what keeps me sane in the winter.

WITB

36 minutes ago, TG8 said:

The shaft is ordered and should be here middle of next week if all goes well I will post some data on my comparison. It is cold in Missouri so tinkering is what keeps me sane in the winter.

That’s awesome.  Looking forward to your thoughts on the VF!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay on testing it has been in sub zero temperatures and my simulator garage is not properly insulated so the heater cannot keep up. I will post some numbers on here hopefully in the next couple days if the weather cooperates.

WITB