Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What's Your Go To Putter?

GolfSpy_APH

Being inspired by the LAB Club champion video going through the series of putters I would love to hear what everyone's go to putter is!

Share a photo if you can! How many putters do you have? Is it always one that stays in the bag or do you switch around? 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Early adopter and user on Anser style blade for almost all my life . Specifically Anser 2 (Becu and Stainless). Many on-off affairs with Cameron newport 2's as well (oil-cans, stainless, custom shop, you name it) but the hands down longest server and current gamer is the Ping Jas Anser Wti. I've yet to find anything better and frankly there never will be anything better - they nailed it with the design, the feel and forgiveness and looks. Throughly recommend jumping on one (if you can find them these days) and will serve you well for many years.

I game two putters with similar specs based upon how I am feeling with my hands. My Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 has a firmer insert while my Ping Sigma Anser has a much softer insert. Both are 34.75 inches with a Golf Pride Pro Only Cord 88 CC grip.

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5-7

Irons;    Ping 425 4-LW

Putter:  Ping Sigma2 Anser Platinum

Odyssey Tour#1 White Hot 

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed

Bag:      Titleist

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:
1 hour ago, jaskanski said:

the hands down longest server and current gamer is the Ping Jas Anser Wti. I've yet to find anything better and frankly there never will be anything better - they nailed it with the design, the feel and forgiveness and looks. Throughly recommend jumping on one (if you can find them these days) and will serve you well for many years.

I found a used one on eBay for about $4,200, is that a good price?  

Giga Golf TRX irons 5-P, hybrids 3&4 , and fairway woods 3&5

TaylorMade SLDR driver

Odyssey Putter

I currently have about a dozen + putters in the stable. And, probably another dozen that have been through my hands.  The current ones include 3 Scotty's, 2 Evenrolls, 3 Odyssey, 3 PXGs, a couple of Pings and a Spyder.  They include counterbalanced, wrist lock and normal.  I keep looking for something that feels comfortable to me and I have not found that perfect match just yet.  Lately, the Evenroll blade and the Jailbird seems to spend most of the time in my bag. As I can't decide whether I am more comfortable with the blade or mallet style.  When I rotate one into the bag my putting gets better but that only seems to last for a few rounds before I am back to my 34 - 38 putts per round.  

And I hate to admit it but I am actually thinking about the Mezz 1.

And, YES a large part of me realizes that the problem is more my current skills and lack of practice more than anything and that is probably the only reason the Mezz 1 isn't in the bag yet.

My go to has been the Scotty Cameron Coronado California model.    I also own and occasionally game the California models of the Hollywood and Del Mar.   Have an older model refinished SC Bullseye and an early 1970s Ping Anser that used to be my dad's.  

Taylor Made M5 9 loft

Callaway X-Hot 3 Wood 14.5 loft

Callaway Super Hybrid (3) 18 loft

Callaway Apex 21 4 hybrid 21 loft

Callaway Super Hybrid (5) 24 loft

Mizuno MP25  5-PW

Vokey SM6 52, 58

Scotty Cameron California Coronado

Past couple of years I have been gaming two putters. A Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (classic model, no weights) and a Odyssey 2-Ball DFX. Both are at 34 inches. The Scotty is because I always wanted one and lucky enough to have a buddy who does custom paint/work on putters and redid mine with my alma mater colors and toe stamp. The more I am playing though, its more of a piece or art, and the 2-ball is my go to. I just feel more consistent with it on all putts. I have Sweet Rollz fat grips on both. If I can save a little dough, thinking about a new AI-One 2-ball. I like the way it looks.UNCWScotty.jpg.26c332d859ab4ee5478a584c81c5c71a.jpg

Cobra LTDx LS 9 Degree

TaylorMade Stealth 3-wood

Cobra King SpeedZone 5-wood

Nike Pro Combo 4-PW 

Callaway JAWS 50 & 54

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58

Odyssey 2-Ball DFX Mallet

My current roller is the 1st edition AI-ONE DB "testing" putter. Prior was a RayCook sr500 mallet and before that the bag set putter foremost FZP-1 blade. Like was mentioned above, I too had alot of issues with the mallet. Took forever to learn it, and had no confidence with it.

The DB has definitely made it easy to keep in the bag, I've had zero putting yips when I use it. and while I don't see it taking a backseat, I have a few, unknown to me, putters to play around with that I picked up at a thrift store.

20240108_133834.jpg.9ce79111f20eef095c951b9f8c6760c6.jpg20240108_133730.jpg.b0d13424c2db789239e7b75add0d20ea.jpg

The playground putters

20240131_164317.jpg.ec31aa949122be641f080864097d2982.jpg20240131_164618.jpg.077854e6aebecffc3adfbc2c9cfbda4e.jpg20240131_164840.jpg.4f54e81ac3d767531327f5619e521287.jpg20240131_164604.jpg.e8c17416cd52cea55a67e79f3e6c2070.jpg

20240131_093917.jpg

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I have a love hate relationship with my putters and if you asked my wife it’s more hate than love. When we moved from Pittsburgh back to Florida I thought it was time to thin the herd so I donated 150 putters to The First Tee. I have slowly built the number back up to 60+. Again my wife says the + piece is more accurate. 

in terms of what I currently have in the bag is an old Scotty Phantom Futura look alike that I picked up in a sporting goods clearance rack 20 years ago.It has been in and out of rotation more than I care to mention. Occasionally I will switch over to one of my six Cure putters or my trusty old Rife Two Bar or my Bobby Grace M5K-GT and even an old Ping 90 45” for days I really feel brave.  I have looked at the Lab MEZZ but just can’t seem to justify the cost.  So I guess it’s going to be me and my trusty old Futura look a like riding off into the sunset together. Happy trails!

Using Cure CX3 putter

Been rolling a spyder for a few years but have noticed a little “twitch” on the shorter ones so found an old two ball, extended it to 40” and put an armlock grip on it. Definitely helps on the shorter ones ! 

Ping g430 10.5 hzrds 6.5 

titliest 4 wd and 3 hybrid

cobra forged tec 5-p

vokey sm7 52 56 60

I’m Guy from Social Circle Georgia and currently work as a starter for one of the local courses. I am primarily a “ blade “ guy but not from the  standpoint of it being impressive , but because I am actually more efficient with it over the  mallets or others that I have tried in the past . I am always up to trying something new or tinkering with someone else’s putter and trying them out but I always come back to the two that I have listed , which are , the Ping Anser first and my Scotty , which is a close second . 

IMG_1898.jpeg

IMG_1899.jpeg

IMG_1896.jpeg

IMG_1897.jpeg

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Taylormade Stealth 2    HL 16.5* 3 wood Fujikura Ventus     6 S 

Taylormade Stealth 2   7 wood   Fujikura Ventus   7 S

Taylormade P7MC  5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber  I 95 gm  R 

Tileist SM09 54 & 60* wedges

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

Up until recently, my go to putter has been the Odyssey Divine Line white hot putter from around 2006 or so, but there has been a changing of the guard, after testing and reviewing this putter it has replaced old faithful. My NEW GO TO PUTTER is...…. drum roll ….... Odyssey AI#1 CH, it is an awesome piece of equipment and I have gained almost 2 strokes a round, give it a look and check out my review.

My review is approximately 2/3 the way down on page 1 --     

20240201_142339.jpg

IMG_4092.JPG

Edited by buckpillar

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

currently a Jailbird 380 with white hot face. I only have one putter, once they give me a reason to try something new the old one gets sold. 

Taylor Made Qi10 LS - 8* set to 6* - Ventus TR black 7x

Taylor Made Qi10 Tour 3 wood - Ventus TR black 8x

Callaway Apex UT 2024 18* - Ventus black HB10TX

Callaway Apex pro 2024 - Project X LS 6.5 4-PW

Callaway Jaws Raw - 50, 54, 58 - project X LS 6.5

Odyssey Jailbird 380 

Scotty Newport 2, 32” LH. I’m a little odd in that I swing right but putt lefty.  The first green is always a chuckle when I’m playing with new folks. My natural swing is left handed, but my granddad had an old set of right handed Wilson’s in the barn that I learned to swing. I just never could never judge the ball well enough to putt right handed.  Maybe a dominant eye thing? 

Mine is the Cobra 3D agera arm lock. 

Cobra speedzone xtreme driver

Cobra radspeed 3w & 5w

Callaway big bertha Warbird 7w

Taylormade m6 irons 5-pw

Cleveland zipcord 48/54/60 wedges

Cobra 3d agera armlock putter

My current putter is a LALB DF 2.1 that has been in my bag for over a year.   I like it so much, I actually bought a second as a back up and to practice at home.

LABPutterClose.jpg.5191b0619d30f6c08772ee48c0828439.jpg  putters.jpg.55017e7b05c67815320a38958459b4fa.jpg

I typically am committed to one putter at a time.  I have several putters in my shed so that my DF2.1 knows it always could be replaced.  That helps keep it in line.

The other putters pictured on the right are pretty much in order of purchase (oldest to newest).   Probably used the Ping Craze-C the longest and the Ping Nome the shortest (being the shortest of the bunch).  I liked the adjustability of both the Cure and the Brainstorm Happy putter (the blue one if you are not familiar with that line).  It's unfortunate that the Happy putter didn't catch on as I really liked tweaking the loft, lie, hostel position and weights when it was needed.

For now and the foreseeable future, the DF2.1 is firmly entrenched in my bag!  The only potential replacement would be the 3.0!

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

While I’m open to new putters, and am always looking when manufacturers release their latest, my Evnroll ER7 is the most reliable. I’ve had it longer than any other putter I’ve ever owned. 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

22 minutes ago, GuyHowell3RD said:

I’m Guy from Social Circle Georgia and currently work as a starter for one of the local courses. I am primarily a “ blade “ guy but not from the  standpoint of it being impressive , but because I am actually more efficient with it over the  mallets or others that I have tried in the past . I am always up to trying something new or tinkering with someone else’s putter and trying them out but I always come back to the two that I have listed , which are , the Ping Anser first and my Scotty , which is a close second . 

IMG_1898.jpeg

IMG_1899.jpeg

IMG_1896.jpeg

IMG_1897.jpeg

Welcome to the forums!!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I have always been a fan of Rickie Fowler and after his close call with his new putter and first major I had to get one. A couple of months later I received my Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter and haven't looked for another one, as I have a rather large collection of putters in the garage. Now from inside 3-5 feet I am really good and longer putts are getting much better. Get one if you can.

Years ago by friends called me "Arnie".

Cleveland HB 10, 34". I almost gave up on it a little while back until I added some lead tape to help me feel the head a little better. Completely changed things. I have a few other putters but none can displace the Cleveland.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

15 hours ago, PJVicary said:

I have a love hate relationship with my putters and if you asked my wife it’s more hate than love. When we moved from Pittsburgh back to Florida I thought it was time to thin the herd so I donated 150 putters to The First Tee. I have slowly built the number back up to 60+. Again my wife says the + piece is more accurate. 

in terms of what I currently have in the bag is an old Scotty Phantom Futura look alike that I picked up in a sporting goods clearance rack 20 years ago.It has been in and out of rotation more than I care to mention. Occasionally I will switch over to one of my six Cure putters or my trusty old Rife Two Bar or my Bobby Grace M5K-GT and even an old Ping 90 45” for days I really feel brave.  I have looked at the Lab MEZZ but just can’t seem to justify the cost.  So I guess it’s going to be me and my trusty old Futura look a like riding off into the sunset together. Happy trails!

What part of Pittsburgh yinz from, I work in South Point and live about an hour south of Pittsburgh 

Edited by buckpillar

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]